Disney Sets Dates for Girl Meets World (Watch New, Extended Trailer), Zendaya's Zapped Movie

Girl Meets World Premiere DateCapping precisely a year-and-a-half of buzz and anticipation, Disney Channel on Friday announced a premiere date for Girl Meets World.

The follow-up to the 1990s ABC comedy Boy Meets World will bow Friday, June 27 at 9:45/8:45c, following the world premiere of the network’s latest original movie Zapped, which stars recording artist and Shake It Up alum Zendaya.

And that’s not all…

RELATED | Exclusive First Look: Disney Channel’s Girl Meets World Logo Gives Nod to Original Series

Disney Channel also released a full-length trailer for the GMW, which finds Cory Matthews (played by Ben Savage) and wife Topanga (Danielle Fishel) struggling to accept that their little girl Riley (Rowan Blanchard) is becoming a young lady. Behold:

And yes, that music you hear in the trailer is the theme song, “Take On The World,” performed by Blanchard and Sabrina Carpenter, who plays Riley’s BFF Maya. (The official track, as well as a remixed version, will hit digital shelves May 20.)

Because we’re living in the digital age, Disney Channel has planned a multi-platform launch for Girl Meets World. Thus, verified users of Watch Disney Channel — available for desktops, smartphones and tablets — will be able to check out the series premiereSPENCER BOLDMAN, CHANELLE PELOSO, ZENDAYA, ADAM DIMARCO, EMILIA MCCARTHY, LOURIZA TRONCO on May 21, while iTunes will have a free download available June 13. GMW will make its regular time slot debut on Friday, July 11 at 8:30.

Leading into GMW‘s premiere, Zapped stars Zendaya as a girl whose well-ordered life is up-ended when — in the midst of upheaval at home — she comes into possession of a smartphone app that magically controls boys. Spencer Boldman (Lab Rats) costars.

Any new thoughts on Girl Meets World now that you’ve seen the full trailer? Drop a comment with your first impressions below.

1. Elyse says:

FINALLY! I will mark my calendar :)

2. “The uploader has not made this video available in your country”. of course.

• maayanelson says:

i had the same problem (from Israel) , just go to youtube and write “Girl Meets World – New Comedy Series ” and you can watch the trailer there

3. Michael Grooms says:

A little less than two months away…but I want it now!

4. Eric says:

IT’S ABOUT TIME! And that’s actually awesome, I was expecting it later in the year, like August/September.

5. Ezzy says:

I still say ABC FAMILY or ABC should be airing this

• Ann says:

Agreed!

• bsemerick says:

Unfortunately nothing like TGIF exists anymore. I don’t think GMW could survive on network TV – channels are too focused now.

• Correct me if I’m wrong, but wouldn’t there be more pressure for the show to earn a certain rating number if it was on a network like ABC, while if it airs on Disney Channel the rating can be much lower and still be considered a success? If I’m right then, yeah, less people will watch it on first-airing, but the better chance it has of being on the air for several seasons, no?

6. kd83954 says:

OMG GIVE IT TO ME.

7. Gaia says:

SQUEE!!!!!

8. Joanna says:

I know I’m bummed! They need to make these things world wide. The world gets smaller every day and this show will be watched all over. Please make the trailer available to everyone!!

9. Allen says:

So glad it’s gonna be on Fridays, it’s TGIF again!

10. Esaul says:

Eh. The finger in the nose bit made me feel uncomfortable. Of course, this is Disney, not ABC or ABC Family. I don’t have HIGH expectations, I hope it’s at least done DECENT enough so it’s not insulting to Boy Meets World.

11. I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

Anybody who calls me while GMW is on is a dead person.

12. alistaircrane says:

Yes!!! Finally!

13. If so you should ask the company what they offer along these
    lines. Multi Talented Windows Data Recovery Software:For the purpose of Windows
    file recovery aroused as result of corruption, deletion, formatting done, Hard Drive Data Recovery software is a
    perfect solution. I would suggest doing this Export of
    your Contacts weekly.

14. c-mo says:

Saw a trailer yesterday while watching DOD with the kiddos and got very excited, I got eye rolls so giant their heads rolled as well! So looking forward to June 27th!

15. Sidney says:

It looks like every other bad disney show. I miss the old disney channel. This won’t last.

16. Amber says:

Can’t wait! I love how Cory followed Mr. Feeny’s footsteps and became a teacher! Looks like it’s going to be a great show!:)

17. Thea says:

I’m excited. I’m guessing the Farkle kid is GMW’s Minkus. Serves Cory right to get a smarty pants of his own, it all comes full circle. ;)

18. Lisa says:

I hope this teaches and deals with kids everyday struggles. I wish there were more tv shows like this! Instead of ones that are magical and mystical-that’s not teaching anything!

19. Tommy says:

Can’t wait

20. jen says:

Minkus will guest star. Farkle is Minkus’s son.

21. Joey Padron says:

Happy the show finally have a premiere date, glad it’s on a Friday. Trailer looks good and funny. Excited to see first episode!

22. Andrew says:

I still say it needs to be on ABC Friday Nights!

23. Bri says:

I’m pretty sure the premiere of this show will blow Disney Channel’s ratings away. I’m mean name another show where adults have been chomping at the bit before it even premiered. If it will last will remain to be seen.

24. So Topanga obviously did all the furniture shopping, and Riley seems to have spent a lot of time with Uncle Eric.

25. Tracie says:

Riley is just like a female Cory. I could see 6th-7th grade Cory using those exact gestures and saying those exact things.

26. Crashingwaves says:

Trailer doesn’t look too bad. I think I had my hopes up too high expecting this to be as awesome as boy meets world was. I suppose we’ll see how it goes in June. For the record, anyone else a little disappointed to not see Feeney as the teacher?? :(

27. B & P says:

We’re VERY excited seeing the trailer and can’t wait for the show to start! We will be avid watchers!!
    Love it!
    B & P

28. Seuss says:

Just hope they don’t Disneyfy it too much. The trailer looks like they did. Otherwise … excited to see the old gang.

29. Finally, i just get for i was waiting for, nice job. :)