Naya Rivera Reportedly Cut From Glee Finale; Rep Denies Actress Was Fired After On-Set Clash

Glee Naya Rivera OutNaya Rivera will no longer be a part of Glee‘s Season 5 finale, and her future with the Fox series at large is in flux, according to multiple reports.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scoopapalooza: 99+ Spoilers on Your Favorite Series’ Season-Ending Episodes

New York’s Daily News on Tuesday reported that Rivera had been fired from the series after she “went off” on producers about her multiple grievances, including co-star Lea Michele. E! Online echoes a report by PopWrapped, that Rivera has been written out from the Season 5 finale entirely.

Rivera’s rep denies she was let go from the series, saying in a statement, “Any reports or rumors circulating that Naya Rivera was let go or fired from Glee are absolutely untrue. End of story.”

Earlier this month, TMZ had reported that Rivera became so tired of Michele’s “diva” antics — including Michele reportedly making her castmates wait to film while she dealt with a personal matter — that she complained to producers. It was at this time that the “fired” rumors first began swirling.

Despite all these rumblings, both actresses are maintaining their cool on Twitter: Rivera is urging her fans to watch the show, while Michele has been sharing anecdotes from the set of the season finale, which airs May 13.

1. lisa says:

This is too bad. Her songs were some of the best ones on Glee – and her character was great. One of the only reasons I still tune in on occasion.

2. That would suck… She’s the only other female vocalist that can even hold a candle to; sometime even surpassing; Michele. Her Don’t Rain On My Parade was phenomenal.

• emily says:

her rain on my parade was the definition of awful (naya’s)

• dcl33 says:

I actually found Nayas version really good. People hate it cause its bit pop-ish, but that made it work. Vocally Naya was superb in it, dont hate her for arrangement, she didnt produce it, she just sang it how they said she should

• Sara says:

Vocally she was autotuned for it. It was insulting.

• Everyone is autotuned, including Lea Michele. I don’t know if they’re just lately doing it a lot more or with considerably less subtlety, but it’s managed to shock everyone and somehow make the show even more unwatchable. With it to the end, I guess, but don’t ask me why.

• Gunny says:

It was like a completely different song after they adjusted it to fit Naya’s voice. If people want to compare, they should have let her sing the original arrangement. But the whole point of having her sign it in that way was to be sexy for the director to get the part. As a fan of Funny Girl, I was really mad they did that. Naya didn’t write the script, so I don’t blame her, it’s the cheezy producer.

• Ashley says:

Um, really? No mention of Amber Riley? Also Naya’s version of DROMP was nothing special and certainly didn’t surpass Lea’s.

• Caro says:

Sorry but Naya’s version was terrible! She doesn’t have the vocal ability to sing DROMP which is why they made it such a pop version!

• AuntSnix says:

That’s the problem when critics highly praises her rendition of DPOMP somebody was treated has begun to sabotage her career now she no longer regular of the show in season 6 and no record label. Wow first it was Dianna, Amber is an easy target, now her. Who’s next Jenna?

• Gunny says:

I did not read one single official “critic” praise that performance. Most of the ones I read just passed on comments or wondered what the producers were thinking to take such an iconic song and add a dance beat. You’re not helping Naya out by spreading these conspiracy theories. I will agree with one thing, the girls seem to go first. All the boys seem to be solid for next season plus Rachel. I don’t think they’ll let her be the only girl.

I think if Naya and her fans lay low for awhile so these stories go away, she might be back. Or, it will be Amber and a new character. I think it’s up to Naya to show she won’t disrupt the set.

• ha says:

Hahaha good one her DROMP was not even close ot Leas. I like Naya but let nto fool ourselves.

3. scorpo says:

hey guys, you have season 6 finale in the first line and then season 5 finale, which is correct, a bit later. :)

4. David says:

I hope this isn’t true, I really enjoy Naya’s performances.

5. Elle says:

She’s too good for this show anyways

• JP says:

She is going to be a nobody after the show is over. That was made evident with the ‘single’ she released trashing Big Sean’s exes.

• ... says:

Lea Michele hasn’t exactly lit Billboard on fire with her awkward, stage-y phrasing shoved into the confines of a bland pop album.

• Gunny says:

Lea began as #1 on ITunes and then #4 on Billboard the first week. To date, Naya has sold 36,000 (from Billboard) in 8 months – Billboard termed it a flop. You should check your facts before making such ignorant remarks. The numbers for fans, downloads, and awards are not in Naya’s favor.

• ha says:

What does l Lea has to do with this comment. The comment was about the song Sorry.

6. ggny says:

Shame. The only other star Glee had beside Lea

7. willhowcoop says:

Geez….enough already. Even when this show was at its peak it made Cop Rock look like Hill Street Blues. And now the ratings are a joke and Fox is stuck with it for another year. These divas need to get over themselves…they won’t have careers after Glee ends and it is now only watched by maybe 20 people, all under the age of 12.

• Julie says:

Hana! My thoughts exactly. Lea Michele is a broadway actress…maybe she’ll be a successful one but I doubt she’ll do much outside of Broadway after this show. Nothing wrong with that but I don’t think she’ll make it very far after Glee in Tv and film. I love Idina Menzel and her big voice but Lea is a younger and, in my opinion, less talented version.

8. Joel says:

If they have to get rid of someone next season I hope its Michelle. Santana is the best character and is as strong vocally as Michelle.

• Sasha says:

Uh no.

Love Naya but NO

• Caro says:

Are you kidding? Naya’s voice can’t hold a candle to Lea Michele’s! The character of Santana is great if you enjoy mean and snarky but her voice is just good – Lea Michelle’s is great!

• Alice says:

This is where Naya/Santana fans become irrelevant. She is no where near Lea in vocals. She sang a solo at the Super Bowl and dozens of other big functions. She has sung in two movies already and has started another. When Naya starts getting these gigs, then it might be different.

• Meredith says:

I think Lea’s voice is clearly better, but Naya’s is still very good, and Naya’s character is much better, in my opinion.

• netta says:

Naya’s character is a bully who gets pass after pass for being horrible while always judging others. No thanks.

• palomaplum says:

I really don’t like Santana. She always rolls her eyes and has enough of cheery showtunes – rightfully so – but then she always joins the chorus with a smile so big she looks like she’s high.

• Kathy says:

It called depth. Santana shows various emotions as do us, real people. This is why Santana is great.

• palomaplum says:

I’m a real people. If I say I hate something then I’m not gonna do it just because everyone else is doing it.

Or do you think depth is believing something and doing the opposite?

• Kathy says:

For a real person you seem very two dimensional. I never heard Santana say she hated whatever. She is a little resistant but sometimes she will do it. Not everything is black and white. Once again, I must praise Santana for being very real.

• Alice says:

Besides rage, where else has she shown depth? One of the problems I have with her voice is that she seems to be singing angry, she was always so angry. I don’t find that entertaining.

• kim says:

Who is Michelle?

9. Jess says:

Damage control on Twitter right now. Please. You don’t write someone out a finale, if it wasn’t serious. Something went down. Now the question remains, does Naya ‘leave’ Glee or they’ll ease the fans minds and say she’ll return for s6; but won’t mention how much.

• dcl33 says:

AHHH I am so happy I am not the only one thinking about this. Didnt they look oh so buddy buddy on twitter right now? It has never happened. Lea has not mention Naya in any way on her twitter for months ( I would dare say over a year)… but check her out now. They fired Naya, but they cant say it yet. Still 3 ( now 2) episodes left and we know that Naya is not in one of them. I still find it super funny how they didnt say why they cut her out.

• Alice says:

I’m not sure what you mean by mentioning on Twitter, but Lea has included naya’s twitter site many times in the last few months. She may not have singled her out because most times Lea mentions everyone she is filming with that day in a string of twitter sites. Plus she featured Demi and Naya’s duets and made a reference to her and Naya singing Brave. Are you sure you are looking at Lea’s Twitter? It’s easy to distinguish, it has 4.38 million followers. I have followed Lea for three years and she has never, ever made a negative comment about anyone or anything. She is all about trying to be a positive role model for her young fans.

10. Dude says:

If Glee is actually putting personal matters above making the best show they can, that’s really sad. Producers have to put up with difficult actresses all the time. Fact of the matter is, Naya Rivera is one of the best parts of Glee and the show will suffer without her. Suck it up, be adults and put the show first.

• Gon says:

Have you ever heard about shonda rhimes and Katherine heigl? Even tho it’s not unusual but being difficult on set is not doing you any good too in this business . And glee is already at its low points anyway, with or without naya glee will still get six season and cancelled after that

• Babygate says:

The Shonda/Katie analogy doesnt really apply here. Even though Katherine had been a royal pain for a while, even insulting the show and the writers, Shonda didnt fire her. Katherine was the one who didn’t show up for taping and kept delaying things and asked to be let out of her contract. She thought she would make it big in the movies. In this case, it sounds like the producers are capitulating to one diva at the expense of the show. It appears that Naya spoke up in protest and she’s facing retaliation.

• Robin says:

I agree! They aren’t really in high school and should behave better. I find Rachel tiresome most of the time. Santana too when she is only snarky. They are trying so hard not to make “friends the musical” or “chums” that they are missing obvious story lines. I know they are “younger” than friends, but still. Small town in NY. Not fair only Artie gets picked on.

• netta says:

The producers can’t put the show first if Naya won’t. Or, perhaps this is them putting the show first.
      But she’s been through a lot recently that would be stressful, so maybe this “not fired” is accurate: they’re writing her out for now while still leaving a return open.

• Alice says:

Since we don’t know what happened, to write someone out of an episode means something happened. The show runs a very tight schedule and there is no time for drama on the set. Naya on her own asked for two episodes off after the 100th. She wanted to do that for personal reasons, so maybe this is the show giving her another week to deal with personal matters. She’s obviously very angry with what is going on off-set. Soon they will decide if she will be a a regular or a recurring character. I don’t see them writing her entirely out of season six unless something else happens, like she starts badmouthing the show or Lea publicly. I think only the Santana fans really believe that this is all Lea’s fault – there is no evidence from anyone that she has anything to do with this.

11. jj says:

wow this is really rachel berry show!
    i don’t wanna watch this show anymore

• Rini says:

same. I don’t want to watch a show about a diva’s life.

• Julie says:

Shes a diva plain and simple. I haven’t watched since the first season when it was still new and fresh. But I’ve followed the news now for a while and everything I read about Lea is about her diva-ish behavior. It sucks that All Naya seemed to do was complain about the actresses’ lack of professionalism (delaying production for a personal matter is not just problematic for the rest of the cast but for every single, not nearly as well paid member of the crew as well). I know someone mentioned Katherine Heigl above and while the situation isn’t the same, it’s similar in the fact that someone seems to be getting a little too big for their britches. Calm your ego Ms.Michele and get comfortable on Broadway – you’ve pigeonholed yourself possible to a lifetime of success on the Great White Way but i doubt you’re going much further than Glee in Hollywood.

• netta says:

Looks like you got suckered by gossip. Rachel is the diva, she’s fictional. The recent story about Lea supposedly delaying filming is way too much like lessons of current episodes, things that would have just been filmed when the story supposedly happened, that it’s a clear case of someone BTS stealing from the script because they thought it made a good story. It doesn’t.

• Alice says:

The producers cleared up the Lea gone for personal reasons right away. She and Naya had no scenes together that day and Lea left to do some live twitter events with Ryan, Chord and Darren. Maybe that is what set Naya off, she wasn’t asked to do it. She wasn’t asked the next time either, Amber was. You are judging Lea based on nothing – no one has any examples of things she has actually done – not rumored, but actually done that was inappropriate.

• kim says:

Of course you only listen to the Nsya side of thing and not the Lea side. Plus something has been up with Naya for months.

12. Kryssie says:

There are so many rumors going on with this show and the actors on the show turning against each other this season. I hope that fellow fans of this show throw a hiss fit about the firing that they reverse the decision ( if true) because Naya has one of the best character on the show. And probably the season why some of us still bother watching.

Although if this and the other rumor involving Darren Crisis is true then I pray that they both end up having a strong and long career afterwards.

• Rini says:

Darren sucks in acting and even new viewers notice that. There’s no rainbow in his acting career path. The less screen time for him the better.

• DoctorWhoFanatic says:

Is it really so hard to believe that a LOT of viewers ENJOY his acting AND his musical talent? Or is your head shoved so far up your own butt that you’re just used to that one particular viewpoint of yours?

• J.B. says:

What is this Darrin Criss rumor you speak of? I’ve seen ALL the various Naya ones but the Criss rumor is new to me.

• dcl33 says:

if you dig around the net you will come across that Lea and Chris tried to get him fired. Its a wide known fact. You just need to dig around. Also if you dig around you will find out the real reason why Naya got kicked off the show ;) FOX PR is good, so you wont find most of this in front page media

• netta says:

a wide known fact reported as blind gossip, which will insinuate anything to get hits. Next.

• Alice says:

I would be so embarrassed to admit I get my facts from Blind Gossip that also stated that Chord was the father of Heather’s baby and all the GLee actors are drug addicts. I don’t know why people are confused about what facts are versus rumors. Facts are substantiated with primary evidence such as a video of the person making a comment, or a picture – things you can see or hear. So the only fact surrounding Darren is that BG did start that rumor.

• ldmb says:

I personally think it’s because Lea is the glee costar that Big Sean had an affair with.

• Gunny says:

That is such an awful accusation to make if you don’t actually know. First, you do not know if Sean had an affair and the thought of her hooking up with him while she is still grieving Cory is just cruel.

• kim says:

Where you dropped on your head as a baby?

13. Olivia says:

This show is such a damn mess on every level. But RL drama is a billion time more entertaining than everything they have done for the past 2 years ^^
    Sad for Naya if it’s true though. Anyway.

*grabs popcorn*

14. mdbchud says:

How about putting Glee out of it’s misery and giving the spot to Almost Human or Enlisted???

15. Diane says:

Time for the show to make its final curtain call. Last season can’t come soon enough.

16. cuius says:

Ratings dipping – invent controversy

• Axel says:

Totally true, I think… and later on in season 6, Naya will walk back on set and say “what drama?”… Maybe Naya just needs a break after her break – up with her fiancee… and just add some drama… Remember the so called drama between Kate Hudson and Lea Michele ? the same Kate Hudson who helped Lea Michele and her family give refuge in her home to escape from media attention after the death of Lea’s boyfriend Cory Monteith…

Maybe Lea is paying forward now.. Maybe Naya is seeking refuge now and with all these controversy… Lea’s place is the last place paperazzi will look for Naya…

• dcl33 says:

this controversy is in no way helping the show, its actually damaging it even more. Not every publicity is good publicity

• Gunny says:

I think it’s damaging the show also. I felt bad because this was a difficult year for the entire cast and crew after Cory’s death and they pulled off a season, at least, better than season four. So to have it end this way with fans bickering and gossiping on public sites. All of them are very talented and work very hard for this show. Now wherever they go the paps and reporters will be yelling at them to see if Naya was really fired. They won’t talk.

17. dan says:

I really hope this isn’t true. I love Santana, and I’ll miss her from the show. If it is, I hope Naya Rivera gets another great part.

18. mani says:

Gawker has this funny article spreading the rumor that the reason for the turmoil between the two is because Naya caught her ex fiancé Big Sean sleeping around with Lea Michele and that’s the reason she broke off her engagement. Such drama.

• Gunny says:

He broke off the engagement and she then responded with a nasty tweet about him stealing expensive watches and being jealous of her because she makes more money than he does. I think that Tweet helped fuel these rumors. Naya is not stupid, emotional but not stupid, so she would never name Lea in that way. After a couple weeks of couples therapy, Sean stated that her jealousy and anger was too much for him and he didn’t want to get married right now. He did say he hoped they could continue to work on their issues. You can google and find a video of his comments, if you are interested in facts.

19. Lauren says:

If anyone was going to leave Glee I’m glad it’s her. I’m just waiting for the show to end now, it is truly horrible. The only reason to tune in is Lea’s singing.

• Gunny says:

Me too. In fact, sometimes I just look for the video clips the second day and not watch at all if I don’t like the preview. I didn’t watch either of the 100 episode shows. But, I adore Rachel Berry and have from the first episode. I found it unusual that she could be bullied everyday and no one was called on it but Kurt get’s called a homo and everyone is full of rage. What is the difference? Bullying is bullying. Sue bully’s Amber about her weight – that’s funny on Glee. But, I really stopped paying much attention when Finn/Cory died. Not the same show. People are just wacky now – short storylines, so many unfinished storylines, bring in Demi and Adam and barely feature them. The whole Rachel/Santana blow up after they were really cute together as friends.

20. Jon says:

How and why is anyone even still watching the show? It’s absolutely dreadful. Everything after season 1 has been borderline unwatchable. Glad we quit after season 2.

• Romany says:

The show does get a little cheesy sometimes and everybody is a little diva-ish everyone maie and female but I do have to say Lea Michelle does have a voice that when you hear it like you here Cher, Bette Midler Barbra Streisand or what’s the other one that died a little young for her age she was anorexic okay Carpenter they all have a distinct voice and I think she’ll go far Lea has a beautiful voice it may not be to everyone’s taste but the girl can Sing!

21. ? says:

How much behind-the-scenes drama can one awfully rated show have and survive? I mean really! Does ANYONE understand why Fox went ahead with the upcoming sixth season after all this?

22. Tru says:

Just when it was watchable when they got rid of the filler cast nobody is watching it anymore. I mean it barely gets 3 million viewers which is as low as the Mindy project. I actually started watching again after the graduation where it was back to the core Glee group which is what it always should have been not the low rent younger version of the cast member who left the show

23. Babygate says:

In spite of my previous decision to stop watching (precisely because of Santana being MIA and the NY story taking a turn for the god-awful), I watched tonight once I found out Santana would actually have a part. And tonight cemented my position. The absolute best part of the show was the Amber/Santana duet. Amber is boring with Sam. They are awful together. But when she performs with Santana it is electrifying. The hard core Rachel fans will forever feel shes the star of the show. But not everyone feels that way. Naya needs to find a stage where she can shine.

24. Diz says:

Rachel has always been the worst part of the show for me.

25. Ms Thing says:

Lea Michelle is overrated.

26. Jay says:

That would be a shame if that’s true she’s the hottest and the sexiest in the show lea Michelle’s nose is just too big otherwise she might be hot to and I hate these celebrities who get some money and get famous then they just become ridiculous and a lot of them actually like being called a diva and it’s not a compliment at all but there too dumb to realize that

• rin says:

Every hot and beautiful actress in Glee got kicked out from series regular, maybe because Michele doesn’t want any competitor? Coz come on, she’s nowhere near beautiful, with or without make up. The only fans that think of her as pretty is 12-year-olds or some 20-something females. No male actually think her as pretty. Hot body, maybe *euw.. But Naya’s figure is so much hotter. #facts

• Alice says:

dumb like saying someone’s nose is too big or she would be hot? Do you realize how dumb that is? A diva is someone who looks down at people and that is what you just did.

27. alistaircrane says:

Lea Michele has always come off as a diva bitch. I feel bad for Naya Rivera.

28. Millennial_SallyDraper says:

Ryan Murphy would do anything to stand for actors/characters that reflect his own personalities. Lea Michele’s voice is so grating, instead of stepping on a glass at her wedding, all she needs to do to break it is just sing. When not autotuned, her voice is the definition of macabre.

29. Scotty says:

I haven’t watched a single episode since “The Quarterback” but it’s a shame that things have come to this. The show was never as good as season 1 but I think the new kids, the lack of Finchel and the overall devastation of losing someone off-screen that they all held in such high regard has really taken its toll. Naya and Lea are both very talented young women but they seem equally demanding and diva-esque to me. I say this as a fan of them both. This is well and truly the Lea Michele/Rachel Berry show, Murphy himself said she basically WAS Glee. While that may be true, I felt the ensemble cast and Cory Monteith in particular helped to even that out and keep it grounded. The season 6 finale can’t come soon enough, which is a sad thing to acknowledge about a show I once loved.

30. Bob says:

This show jumped the proverbial shark long ago. They are so not confident in the ‘new’ generation that they are relying almost entirely on the original cast for any story lines or audience. The show has run its course. Time time to relegate it to syndication and reruns.

31. Caro says:

I think Naya has some personal issues and maybe time off will be good for her! She has changed her look so that she appears to be a Jennifer Lopez wannabe, it looks as though she’s had cosmetic surgery (ludicrous at her age), been dumped by her fiance, had her solo CD tank and back in the day she keyed Mark Sallings car! I think this girl needs therapy – she seems to have issues!

• Jillian says:

Completely agree! Even on tonight’s episode her arms looked like toothpicks during “Doo Wop (That Thing)”. Everyone is blaming Lea because it is easy to pin it on her diva-ish behavior, but I truly believe that Naya is responsible for this mess.

• ... says:

Isn’t Lea Michele still wringing press coverage out of Cory Monteith’s death when it was a fauxmance after all?

32. Dennis says:

Really? I’m surprised a reputable website like TVLone is reporting this, and quoting TMZ. Is this what TVLine has become? Referencing the tabloids? Ausiello, say it ain’t so!!

33. Dennis says:

Really? I’m surprised a reputable website like TVLine is reporting this, and quoting TMZ. Is this what TVLine has become? Referencing the tabloids? Ausiello, say it ain’t so!!

• murley says:

Agreed! This seems below TvLine’s standards. Plus it has opened up the most disgusting string of comments. It is so sad that people feel the need to tear down successful women and pit them against each other in dramatic tales from “behind the scenes”. When will everyone grow up?

34. Milia says:

It’s always Naya Rivera, Lea Michele, Naya Rivera, Lea Michele, Cory Monteith. What about the others? They exist too.

35. I don’t agree with Naya being possibly let go but series regulars don’t just get “let go” for complaining about someone once. Everyone feels bad for Naya, and that’s understandable, but there seems to be some refusal to admit that she may have actually been the one at fault. I also highly doubt Lea pulls as much weight as people give her credit for. Lea might be the star, but there’s never been any indication that she has problems with anyone in the cast (that were actually founded) or that she’s a problem to work with in the first place. These accusations of Lea being the one to break the show up are coming out of left field, from a supposed argument that might have never happened. Nobody besides the cast and producers know what’s going on so this blame game just needs to stop.

• dcl33 says:

i think she was fired, they just cant say it yet. Imagine the uproar about it ;) Show is sinking as it is they dont need another confirmed thing to make it sink faster. And I think Lea has the pull to get her fired. RIB been raving about her how shes the star of the show, her fans rave about her how without her the show wouldnt be on. Lea made a lot of decision when it came to Rachel this season. RIB gave her power and she used it. PS: if Naya was indeed fired cause of her, she would not be the first person that Lea got fired. PR is a wonderful apparatus in the world of entertainment. Really good PR team could wrap dog poop in a cellophane and sell it to you as the best and the prettiest cookie out there and you would buy it ;) But alas, we will never find out the truth, that is, we wont find out till after the show ends and then all the juicy details will come out

36. Jillian says:

I used to really love Naya, but the past year or so she has completely changed her persona and it’s hard to support. Her appearance has completely changed, she released a flop single, and she was pretty much riding Big Sean’s co-tails until he grew tired of it. I wouldn’t be surprised if she was the one who initiated this issue. Her little Twitter rant about Big Sean stealing from her was pretty classless. I miss the old Naya of seasons 1-3 before she thought she was too big for her measly little job on Glee and started hanging out with the Kardashians.

• ... says:

I would say I miss the old Lea Michele, but she’s still the same coddled, grating, rhythm-less, pompous little something-I-can’t-say that she was in season one, so…

• wow says:

What does Lea has to do with this statement about Naya? Deflecting to Lea doesn’t change the fact that Naya has had some changes over the past year or that Naya needs ot take part of the blame for the situation.

• Tiana says:

It seem like you were too invested in Naya Rivera’s personal affairs. It within her right to date whoever, befriend whoever or change her look whenever. Her tweet (not rant) to Sean that she quickly deleted is a very natural reaction. Try to remember that she is person with feelings and will react to certain situations like others do.

37. Eran says:

The ‘Charmed’ reboot may not be happening but we have an Alyssa Milano-Shannen Doherty reboot right here apparently…. how tedious and so very uncalled for :/ with only one season to go…

38. David says:

They should just put this show out of it’s misery. I admit I lost interest a while ago and keep trying to get back into it but they go through more characters than a David Kelley show. They should do a 2 hour tv movie finale and be done with it – no season 6 necessary.

39. Carrie says:

I think there is way more going in with Naya. The changes to her appearance, fiancée dumping her – she could be having some serious issues and although people love to call out Lea for being a diva let’s be clear – lea has always been the lead of the show and the show only went on after Cory’s death because she made the decision to pull it together and get on with it, and I’m sure the cast and crew are quite grateful to her for keeping their jobs. I’m guessing after that Ryan Murphy has become even more protective of his star. I like Naya a lot, Santana is a hoot and I love most of her songs, but no way Ryan fired her for simply complaining about Lea…I think there is a lot more going on and Lea is taking the blame once again with diva rumors. A diva for the record, is someone who can sing like Lea, so you go girl – get on with your diva self!

40. Jared says:

If the reports are true and Naya has been fired then season 5 will be the last season I watch. She makes the show for me.

41. Sam says:

The most embarrassing thing about this is that TVLine sourced PopWrapped, which doesn’t have its own sources and poached the story from MJ’s Big Blog and big Glee blogs that broke it hours before.

42. Nikki says:

If this is true, it is very sad because Santana is, arguably, the most entertaining character on the show and Naya does have a terrific voice.

However, if the rumors are to be believed, that she was let go over blowing up at producer’s over Lea Michele’s delay because of a personal matter, I’m sorry, but I would let her go, as well. Now, of course, her representatives are denying the story and we, of course, have no way of knowing what is truly going on behind the scenes and I also do not support actors acting as divas on the set, but Lea had the ability to shut down Glee, after Cory Monteith’s passing. Ryan Murphy said, and still says, a lot of stuff is in Lea’s hands. Would that give her a pass to act selfishly? No, but it should also be applauded that she even allowed the show to continue, which allowed Naya to keep a job.

Personally, I believe the show should have ended this year. It has gone down hill, many seasons ago, and the only worthwhile episodes are always the reminiscent ones, like “The Quarterback” or the 100th episode. I don’t see why we need another, whole season, when the cast is already slimmed down to less than half and the writers seem to be running out of stories to tell.

43. Andrew Hass says:

Whether Naya won’t be in the season finale or not people might tune in to see if she is.Both Nata and Lea have denied the rumors of friction between them.So for now i’ll believe them over rumors until proven otherwise.Also maybe because of her personal life Naya needs a break and she’ll return next season to Glee more relaxed.

44. Renee says:

Naya came on set after the breakup and has been seen around town and at the Marie Claire luncheon. She’s fine.
    Lea isn’t innocent in anything and every time they say she’s not involved makes her look more guilty.
    As for Nayas voice, the music guy said Naya is the least autotuned singer on glee.
    After touting Naya and Dianna Agronn as Ryan’s new favorite besties last season he blacklisted Dianna from glee for arguing with him. The fans rioted and he made darn sure to have her on ep 100.
    Does Lea hold the power to get Naya fired? Absolutely. Should everyone appreciate the fact they still have a job? Hell yes! But that doesn’t mean Naya should have to bow down and kiss Ryan and Leas feet. Those 2 are two peas in a pod.
    Something big went down, we may never know but it takes 2 to tango. You can’t have a one sided argument.
    Ryan bought the rights to Funny Girl. Lea will actually play Fanny Brice on Broadway if he can get backing. He said if he wasn’t gay he’d marry her. He’s said time and time again this season I let Lea take the lead on this year.

Well people karma is a big bad Snix bitch and she will bite whoever needs to get bitten in this matter in the end.

• cc says:

According to people on the set, Naya refused to come to work after her break-up unless they shielded her from the paparazzi. Ryan was talking about Lea taking the lead when it comes to how to handle Rachel with regards to Finn. Do you have sources, that others do not have? Sometimes people need to accept the consequences of their actions. Maybe they suggested she go get help, and she refused so she is on hiatus. No one really knows, but do you think Naya has been herself for the past 6 months or so?

• dcl33 says:

Wow she asked to be shielded from paps and have cameras and mics shoved in her face few days after the split… lets burn her on the stake cause she didnt wanna deal with that -_-

• Alice says:

Paps and reporters are not allowed at the studio. They can’t get past the gate without specific permission. So, the only place that would happen is off the studio grounds and it would be odd to ask the show to provide her guards outside of work.

• Alice says:

I read the “music guy’s” response to that question and he said it was Kevin McHale. It’s also on Glee trivia. Lea has well documented perfect pitch – you are born with it. But, they autotune most of the pop songs (for everyone, including Lea) to give it a different effect and has nothing to do with being “in tune”. These actors belong to a union and there are laws/agreements that need to be followed for hiring and firing, so Lea has no power to influence this at all. They will need to document what happened and why. There are many grounds that they can use for dismissal, but it needs to be justified. I do not know where you are getting your information, but Ryan didn’t listen to the fans and decide to not blacklist Dianna – he wanted everyone back.

Ryan did say that he let Lea take the lead, but that was only as it relates to her character and how they would handle Cory’s death. In particular whether she would have a romance this season. She said no and they agreed. She also helped out with the Quarterback. The other allowance they gave her was how much she wanted to work. Grieve can be up and down for a long time, so if she needed some time, they would give it to her.
      I have no idea why I am writing all this – Naya fans are not going to give an inch on Lea. They have their energy – the person to blame.

45. click here says:

Because the admin of this website is working, no hesitation very shortly
    it will be famous, due to its quality contents.