Revenge Season Finale Photos: Exactly Whose Grave Is Emily Digging?

Revenge showrunner Sunil Nayar recently told TVLine that “spectacular thing after spectacular thing happens in every act” of the ABC drama’s season finale, which airs Sunday, May 11 at 10/9c.

From the look of these recently released photos from the episode, those spectacular things may include murder and/or graverobbing.

PHOTOS | May Sweeps Scoopapalooza: 99+ Spoilers on Your Favorite Series’ Season-Ending Episodes

The finale’s official synopsis doesn’t offer many clues –”Nothing is off limits as Emily and Victoria are dead set on destroying each other. Lives will be lost and fates will be altered, but who will rise victorious?” — but keep it in mind as you click through the gallery below, then offer your thoughts on what the season’s final hour may hold.

1. KC says:

She’s digging up David Clark’s grave!!!

2. kmayne says:

Victoria Who\s grave are you digging Emily Emily Our show because it is dead and buried

3. Deion says:

Last shot of the season, David Clarke’s coffin is empty.

• DL says:

Yep, after sowing the seeds with Charlotte’s storyline last episode, that’s what I’m banking on.

• KC says:

And that guy at the cabin is his bodyguard…

• Emgee says:

If David Clarke is alive, I will officially quit the show.

Not that anyone cares and not that it matters, but honestly, that would just be an awful awful decision that would cause me, and probably many others, to quit watching.

• Nick says:

True, Ems has taken on extreme attitudes to her revenge, which has affected the lives of many innocent people on this show, being David Clarke alive, it would be even more unacceptable.

• brandy says:

I’m not sure I agree. It’s not only revenge on the fact he died because of them, but because of everything they put David and Emily through, and the life she ended up with because of them. I’ve been saying since Season 1 that he will probably turn up alive.

• alyssa says:

Brandy – I’ve been saying the same thing! Ever since season 1 I’ve decided David is still alive somewhere. Everyone has been calling me crazy for saying it

4. Jon Snow says:

Man, I really hope that D.Clarke is not alive… the show become soap opera. Sadly…

• Eran says:

In all fairness, it was hardly HBO-material to start with. Soaps can be great fun if the genre is treated with the respect it deserves. Sadly, too many writers get so immersed in coming up with WTF twists that those end up overriding the story. I stopped watching this season after episode 11. May tune in to the finale out of sheer curiosity but feeling like it’s all just…done really.

5. Annie says:

Yes, David Clarke needs to be dead. Maybe Conrad has orchestrated David Clarke alive and well thing? My guess is Aiden is going to die this season. :(. Still in shock about Conrad killing Pascal.

6. kate says:

Conrad!

7. david says:

here is a crazy theory but what if Victoria had Charlotte kidnapped to lure Emily out? the only 2 other options are if Emily staged the kidnapping or if this new guy is David Clark’s son

8. Andrew Hass says:

I think it’s David Clarke’s grave that Emily is digging up but i think Victoria catches her doing it.That could be when Victoria learns Emily is really Amanda.However i do think Charlotte and/or Aiden will die.

9. Jess says:

I really hope Aiden doesn’t die. With Nealfire gone on Once, it felt like the only reason was to endorse the Captain Swan ship. If Aiden dies, it’ll feel like the writers are endorsing the Emily/Jack ship. :/

• jerrired says:

Though I agree about Once, I don’t think it’s the same thing here. Barry Sloane already filmed a pilot to a new show, so he might (and probably was) going to leave after this season anyway. Also, I think Jack and Emily have been the writer’s plan all along, unlike Hook and Emma. They even said they knew who they wanted Emily to end up with from the beginning. It always seemed like Jack to me. The only reason they might have changed this because of the Daniel or Aiden fans wanting them to stay, and people not warming up to Jack as much as they hoped. I’m honestly surprised Aiden lasted this long, he never seemed like a long term character to me. But I’m not sure if he’ll die or just leave. He might not even be off the show for all we know at this point, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he left or died by the finale.

i also agree, resurrecting David would be a horrible decision.

• GuyAwks says:

Yeah and your point is? Swan Thief was a horrible ship and so is Aiden/Emily. In both cases the superior ships (Captain Swan/Jack+Emily) are going to come out on top at the expense of the others.

10. Nate says:

Have you people never watched tv before? If there’s no body they’re not dead

11. L says:

Yeah jack stole the ring! Davids coffin will be empty but I can’t imagine victoria and ems cooperating, I reckon victoria goes to shoot emily in this scene but aiden jumps in front to save her

12. Tom says:

I just hope Emily and Victoria don’t team up like so many fans want, they’re chemistry is better off as Enemies.

• Nosey says:

When she was using Daniel, It was interesting seeing them as enemies, but not as interesting now. When she taunted Victoria, it was flawless. Maybe Victoria finding her out will add heat to their war.

13. Coal says:

She is digging the shows grave.

14. azu says:

I for one have a different opinion. I hope David Clark is alive

15. Andrew says:

I hope it’s a grave suited for mass murder: Margaux (“Marg-HO”), Daniel, Aiden, and Javier can all go as far as I’m concerned.

On another note, that “DC” ring looked so f****** fake (and cheap! Plus, why didn’t Jack take it to Emily to confirm whether it was her father’s or not? I mean, c’mon!

• Betty says:

He may now that Charlotte’s been kidnapped. I don’t remember any of the flashbacks with him wearing an initial ring.

• Andrew says:

Exactly, which makes it all the more ridiculous. Jack finds a garish ring with the initials “DC,” and we’re all supposed to believe it belonged to her father just because? I’m not buying it.

16. Agreed, if David Clark is alive I’m officially out!

17. Megan says:

Please please let Aiden die….

18. dee123 says:

Yeah. Another no to David being alive.

19. Elouise says:

It’s bad enough that Aiden is leaving/getting killed off. David Clarke being alive would be awful.

20. David says:

I hope David Clark is alive as well. I’ve expected him to be since the end of season 1.

21. loubeagle says:

Not sure if this is a long shot, but I think maybe Victoria is suspicious that Emily is really Amanda and has planted the seed that David is still alive to test her theory. Emily is digging up the grave to find out, and Victoria catches her, confirming her theory…..I’m a couple of episodes behind, so might have missed some details, but just my take on it.

22. Deb says:

Digging the grave for Revenge, I’ve watched and enjoyed this from the start, but I really think next season shroud be it’s last.

23. J says:

Does this mean we won’t get an episode on may 4?

24. katrina says:

I must be in the minority! I would like David Clarke to be alive! Why not? The show has gone so off and on the past few years. I think it would be exciting! We are obviously not getting any great revenge on the greysons! Above all I just want Emily to kick Daniels a$$! Like for real, and I want him to understand she knows how to fight and he never had the upper hand when he threw her on the bed! :)

25. raina says:

aiden and emily deserve some happiness ! there’s like this spiritual bond between the 2 characters ! please don’t kill him or nolan !!! if anyone should die its margeaux !!! she’s stupid !

• Nosey says:

Where are seeing this bond, the fact she only goes to him when rejected by Jack, or the fact she feared him in the hospital? Aiden is happy w/ her, but she is not happy w/ him.

26. simy says:

If Davis is alive it would make the whole show pointless. Please don’t go there writers.

27. NCHarpe says:

M’s has a brother!

28. I hope David is not alive and I hope ems dies in the end period!

29. Dan (Tigz) says:

I agree with the guys on here, but… Look at the downside if Daniel goes and Emily gets rid of Daniel then theirs actually only victoria. However what if Emily was to go? and this new guy took over? (Just Saying) it’s a little cliffhanger and means they can continue it on for a long time… #JustSpeculating

30. RevengerNikki says:

I think the letters and the mystery guy are all by Victoria.
    She set it up because she knew Charlotte would go to Jack, and Jack to Emily.
    Which will prompt her to search.
    Right now Emily could just be someone who lost a love one on flight 197, and knows David is innocent and is trying to get justice on the truly guilty.
    But if Emily searches for him, Victoria will knows its personal, in which when she sees Emily react she’ll know she’s Amanda.
    It’s all just a set up.
    And a really cruel one at that, she basically got David’s own daughter to dig up his own grave, and gave Amanda, Charlotte, Nolan and Jack hope that he’s alive. Which is just cruel.

But I think it’ll be cool, that at the end of the episode, the camera flows through the ground of David’s grave and reveals an empty coffin at last second, that would be epic.

31. Shelley says:

If you look at pictures closely, it is most likely David Clarke’s grave because the same tree that’s seen in Amanda Porter’s funeral can be seen in the promo pictures. However, I think that Victoria knows more than she is letting on and that the night she came to David before his execution she helped him organize his going into hiding. I wouldn’t be surprised if the coffin is empty, but neither would I be surprised if the body in the coffin isn’t David’s. Also, I’d like to know what Daniel’s reaction would be, if he were to find out that Emily is really Amanda…

32. max says:

I think Victoria kidnapped Charlotte to get Conrad to turn himself in…this after he killed Pascal

33. Lee says:

They better not kill Aiden off! I am done watching this show!! Emily and Aiden have a very special bond! He is the only man for her!!!

34. Shell says:

I actually think Margeaux kidnapped Charlotte in order to get. Conrad to fess up to killing Pascall.

35. will247 says:

Of course David is alive. How else can you have a season 4 and no matter what any one says, we will all mostly be watching….. if nothing else just to see how big that shark they jump is!

36. Warren Shalewitz says:

Kill them all. Enough already.

37. Lucie Loing says:

I predict it will be Charlotte who dies.

38. Ty Phoon says:

Assuming David Clarke is alive, does it mean that Emily/Amanda will be revenging against her father next season?

39. Lakyn says:

Did anyone notice that the cabin guy is the same guy that is victoria’s private detective??