Mom‘s friend is sticking around.
The CBS comedy has promoted Mimi Kennedy to series regular for Season 2, per The Hollywood Reporter.
The actress — whose TV credits include Mistresses, Veep, Up All Night, In Plain Sight and Scandal — recurred as Marjorie, a fellow alcoholic who befriends Christy (Anna Faris) and spars with Allison Janney’s Bonnie, all while she battles cancer.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* Orphan Black‘s Season 2 premiere enjoyed a robust boost due to Live+3 DVR playback, doubling its 9 o’clock telecast’s total audience from 620,000 viewers to 1.24 million, while its demo delivery swelled 91 percent, from 391K to 746K. (With playbacks factored in, the Live+3 premiere audience totaled 1.58 million.)
* HBO has pushed back the premiere of executive producer Damon Lindelof’s The Leftovers from June 15 to June 29, our sister site Deadline reports. A production hiatus is responsible for the delay.
* Cameron Boyce (Jessie) has been cast as Cruella de Vil’s son in Disney Channel’s upcoming TV movie Descendants, TV Guide Magazine reports. The film, expected to air in 2015, is about the kids of Disney’s most famous villains.
* Bob Barker will make a cameo appearance on The Bold and the Beautiful on April 30 when he is interviewed by Liam Spencer (played by Scott Clifton) for an article about controlling the pet population.
* USA Network will host an interactive “Suits After Hours” marathon on Friday, June 6 from 12 am to 6 am. Fans can determine which six episodes will be featured by voting here.
* Discovery Channel will air the documentary Everest Avalanche Tragedy on Sunday, May 4 at 9/8c.Follow @VladaGelman