Glee First Look: Shirley MacLaine's Lunch Date With Blaine! Plus -- Rachel Berry, TV Star?

Glee is about to put the ‘Klaine’ in Shirley MacLaine!

Sorry, I just realized that sentence contained dangerous levels of corn, so allow me to make it up to you by sharing some sneak-peek photos of the Oscar-winning legend kicking off a multi-episode arc as a powerful New York socialite intent on turning recent Big Apple transplant Blaine into a superstar. (That news was first brought to you by TVLine, it’s worth mentioning.)

RELATED | Glee Boss Ryan Murphy Reveals Game Plan for ‘Satisfying’ Final Season (Who’ll Be Back?!); Plus — Inside the ‘Painful’ Rachel Romance Debate

In all, we’ve got nine images from “Back-Up Plan” (April 29, 8/7c on Fox), featuring Blaine dueting with his boyfriend Kurt, catching the eye of MacLaine’s rich maven and winding up at a swanky luncheon we can only assume brings him to Manhattan’s Upper East Side. You’ll also see Mercedes attempting to get pal Santana in on a recording deal, as well as Rachel auditioning for… a TV pilot? (Could we be looking at a Los Angeles-set Season 6?)

RELATED | CSI Vet Books Glee Gig

If that’s not enough Glee goodness, I’ve also included five bonus images from Tuesday’s “Opening Night” installment, with Sue and Schue doing the song-and-dance thing with a yellow cab and a hot-dog cart in the background.

Click through the pics below, then sound off in the comments with your anticipation level for these various scenes!

1. TJA says:

Lets guess, Rachel is going to be the star of a new TV musical playing a character named Leah who’s the star of a Glee Club. They spend 5 years building up Rachel & Broadway and her quest for a tony only to throw it all away an episode later. Laziest most uncreative and checked out show runners on TV today!

• Shazay says:

Yay!! I’m so glad Ryan Murphy decided to go ALL OUT when it came to destroying Glee. A 180 degree turnaround in plot is exactly what the show needed for the final season, and with ratings plummeting. TJA you are spot on. We spent 5 seasons hearing about Rachel and her broadway dreams, only to have her end up in LA. The thing i hate MOST about television and movies, is LA. How LAZY of them to move the show to the town where the show films. Maybe it can all end like the last episode of the hills.

• Gunny says:

Glee has a history of completely changing the character in one or two episodes. Look how fast Finn became a Lima loser, or Rachel falling so quickly out of love for Finn, or Kurt and Blaine’s attraction to other men, Santana’s flip flopping on what she wants, Quinn (in one episode) is trying to steal her baby to applying to Yale. I grew to not trust what the writer’s were going to do with the characters.

2. Hannah says:

So she’s crazy and she murders Blaine in the finale, right? That’s the only way this plot can make sense, unless she’s a sexual predator looking for naive teens to satisfy her lust?

And why is Santana holding a Lego brick?

3. KC says:

The episode summary and stills are interesting. We know from Ryan’s interview that NYC will not be the main focal point of S6. It has be LA. There will also be a time jump from end of S5 to the beginning of S6, so this should be very interesting. I also can’t believe that for 5 years all Rachel has ever wanted was to be on Broadway and the minute she gets it she auditions for a TV pilot! Crazy! Time will tell….give me all the Blaine & Kurt!!

• Gunny says:

I really don’t believe that all Blaine and Kurt is the answer to increasing viewing audience. But, it is a risk they could take to secure their gay audience if they are also leaving. It is a risk.

4. Dani says:

They moving to LA? Hopefully Sam gets left in New York.

5. Jase says:

Oh they bile that will pour from the orifices of this comment section. That picture of Blaine/Darren will be enough to make it flow

6. Taken says:

Mmm this sounds weird. Annoying Rachel has always wanted to be a Broadway star or whatever. Now she auditions for a pilot and is LA-bound? If only Glee had The LA Complex kind of writers.

7. RUCookie says:

please oh please do not let Rachel give on on Broadway that quickly… It was her dream!!!

8. Aries says:

‘Klaine’ in Shirley MacLaine! LOL – Love this!

9. Angela says:

Definitely very curious to see what the deal is with the song-and-dance number Sue and Will are doing, especially considering those pictures of them. Looks rather fun…such a strange friendship those two have started to form.

• Angela says:

Meant to add…also, Slezak, lucky for you I tend to have an appreciation for silly play-on-words. That opening line made me smile.

10. dcl33 says:

I sure wonder if they decided to move everything to LA cause they were freezing their asses off in NYC. Plus must be some financial reason, cant be cheap flying entire production to NYC to film outside scenes.

• dcl33 says:

especially now that they are scraping the bottom of the barrel for the viewers to get high ratings and get syndicated… All that ignoring what viewers wanted sure came back and bit RIB in the ass.

• Gunny says:

This is Fox, look at their other shows – I doubt they are worrying about not getting syndicated, but I agree their attempt to search for a new audience is pathetic. How many in the key demographic of 18-49 know who Shirley McClaine is? She’s a wonderful actress, but a “draw” is probably not going to happen. Plus, to have that focused on the always focused Blaine will not help. I loved this show so much so it is frustrating to see it end this way and rather than be a loyal viewer, I check the previews and then decide if I’ll watch or not. If it’s Blam + Kurt, I’m out. If it’s a healthy mix of the core cast, I’m in.

11. Sydney says:

Watching Glee just makes me happy. I am ready for whatever ridiculous, crazy & wonderful ride this show will take me on for the rest of this season and next.

12. Cindy says:

I still enjoy this show. It is different from anything else on TV and it is refreshing. I will follow them where ever they end up

13. CAN”T STAND SUE! So hateful. Rachel’s getting over exposed. More Santana pls. I miss Unique. PLEASE don’t let Shirley hit on Blaine.