If you were craving a liberal shot of truth, Wednesday’s Arrow really hit the spot.
Let’s quickly review the biggest takeaways from the episode andthen get talking:
* Laurel finally clues in to the identities of the Arrow and the Canary when she discovers her sister shares the same extensive scarring that Oliver does. But just as she’s about to confront the Arrow, she gets called away to her injured father’s side. And, surprise! Lance doesn’t want to know the hooded vigilante’s identity because he doesn’t want to think of him as a person with friends and family. If he did, then the crimefighter couldn’t be what the city needs him to be. Imagine the weight he has to carry, Lance tells her. In the end, she just gives Oliver a hug because “You’re important to me.”
* Moira reveals that Isabel had an affair with Oliver’s dad when she was an intern, but the bigger shock may be that he knew all about Thea’s paternity. Isabel claims they were soulmates and planned to run away together, but in the end, he chose to stay with his family.
* Oliver finds Slade’s experiment homebase — and an unconscious Roy! After a fight breaks out among Oliver, Slade and Isabel, Diggle shoots Isabel while Ollie gets away with Roy. But it appears Isabel is far from dead as Slade hooks her up to his contraption.
* While meeting with S.T.A.R. Labs’ Caitlin and Cisco, aka two of the cast members of The Flash pilot, Felicity learns that even though he’s in a coma, Barry has moved on with Iris, “his… something,” Cisco stammers. Actually, she’s his love interest. Sorry, Felicity!
* There’s a cure for mirakuru, and Felicity tasks Caitlin and Cisco with creating the antidote.
Arrow fans, what did you think of the episode’s twists? Sound off in the comments!