Exclusive

Exclusive: Banshee Adds Being Human Alum, Soap Vet and Others to Season 3 Cast

Banshee Season 3A crop of fresh faces are on their way to Banshee for Season 3. In addition to Langley Kirkwood (Black Sails) joining as a series regular, TVLine has exclusively learned of three more recurring characters making their debut in the Cinemax hit.

RELATED | Banshee Renewed for a Third Season

Here’s a breakdown of the Season 3 newbies:

* Kirkwood will play Colonel Douglas Stowe, a former commando now running an illegal business out of Banshee’s Camp Genoa.

Meaghan Rath (Being Human) will recur as Aimee King, the sole deputy in the corrupt Kinaho Reservation Police Department.

Chaske Spencer (Twilight) will recur as Billy Raven. A former deputy in the Reservation Police Department, Billy is now considered an outcast by his own people.

* Lastly, soap grad Tom Pelphrey (Guiding LightAs The World Turns) will recur as Kurt Bunker, a former skinhead who applies to be a deputy at the Banshee Sheriff’s Department.

Thoughts on Banshee‘s new blood? Drop a comment below.

1. taelorrye says:

YES MEAGHAN RATH!!!

2. bj says:

Yet another non native playing an Indian character. I’m not impressed.

• Rook says:

At least she is a better pick than Odette Annable, who was totally awesome and I loved on the show, but girlfriend wasn’t even close.

3. Lisa says:

Interesting, thanks for the info. Yikes at the Twilight connection, but never mind. haha

4. Ian says:

Yeah, isnt Meaghan Rath Indian and not Native American?
    Well, we can be sure her character and Lucas will be having sex at some point, lol. And Job will remain just a sassy computer-hacking prop for everyone else.

• dude says:

Half Indian/Half white to be specific. Either way, not native but seeing as there are latin people playing white and black on TV, having a mixed person play native is nothing new.

5. Rudy Johnson says:

Meaghan Rath,yes. I hope she gets naked

6. Shaun says:

Rath is too unattractive for Hood :p.LOL at former skinhead applying for cop job.

7. tv2day says:

This show really jumped the shark this past season. There were two episodes that were just awful/boring. The finale was kind of underwhelming. They needed more of the Indian chief’s sister and it looked like it was about to happen then she just leaves mid season. All the fancy editing n lighting couldn’t mask the boring storylines.

8. Jessi says:

This is not my typical show to watch, but for Tom Pelphrey I will be tuning in and watching everything up to this point to see what is going on! I’m so happy for Tom.

• Janyce says:

Tom!!!!!!!! Fangirl swooning right now. So excited for him!!! I’ve never watched the show, but I’m willing to have a Banshee marathon before he appears. Great news! :D

• ohiouslp says:

Me too! I’m so excited to see Tom in a new show. That’s enough to get me to tune in!

9. Lane says:

Meaghan has too much star power to be a recurring character on this show :( She should be a leading lady.

10. Jo Ann says:

Tom Pelphrey was amazing on Guiding Light. Guess I’ll check out Banshee now.

11. canadian ninja says:

Love that she’s got a new gig but man, it will be weird seeing “Sally” as a cop.

12. RichieS says:

I don’t know what the hell Banshee is but if Rath is in it I’ll be watching….and yes, I too hope she gets naked !

13. Waldo Butters says:

Meaghan Rath gets Naked.?!?!? Woot.

14. maria says:

Tom Pelphrey! Hugh Fan! Have never watched Banshee before but will definitely have to now.

15. Brenda says:

Never seen show, but will watch because I love watching Tom Pelphrey. He is awesome in the shows he has been in. So happy for you, hope its a good part.

16. Tracie Stoner says:

So excited to see Rath (who is such a doll) from one of my favs going to another fav show. Having just watched the last episode of Being Human, I am happy that my comfort characters will still warm my heart in a whole ‘nother weirdness:)

17. Lindsey Maloney says:

Super excited to see Tom Pelphrey, never heard of the show but now I’m looking forward to seeing it!!!

18. Liza says:

Tom Pelphrey is an amazing young actor! So happy for him to have this opportunity!

19. Luke says:

You have to watch the show from the beginning! That is to fully understand what is really going on and to see what you have been missing. Not just for Pelphrey glad he’s here but he is a small tiny bit of the whole picture.

• Rudy Johnson says:

Thank you Luke. I thought it was just me. I mean who watches a show because one person, not even caring what the shows about?

20. donna says:

when does season 3 start?

21. Butch Anderson says:

This show has done an excellent job with picking and hiring the cast. It looks to me that they have continued on the same path. I think they have done a great job.
    I doubt that this idea is even possible because of there obligation to the WWF but I would have loved to see the Bella twins as police officers or any other part on Banshee. I hope someone puts the Bella twins in a movie soon?

22. mark says:

Brilliant additions..can’t wait!!! Best viewing for years

23. ldylkngb says:

Been catching up since I heard Tom Was coming on !

24. bhm1304 says:

This is already my favorite show on television. Now adding Meghan Rath and Tom Pelphry. Good old ‘Guiding Light’s Jonathan Randal. And cannot forget the man, the myth, the Legend Dennis O’Hare is popping up in ‘Banshee’ this Season 3 as well. (Caught his twit pic from the set in Charlotte.) January cannot get here quick enough.

25. Amy Pierce says:

Smart move on Banshee’s part too bring Tom Pelphrey on board. He’s an excellent actor!