24: Live Another Day: Full-Length, Theatrical-Style Trailer Has Finally Arrived (and It's Good)

OK, this is the 24 trailer we’ve been waiting for.

After months of teasing us with abbreviated promo clips, Fox on Friday finally released a full-length trailer for Jack Bauer’s 12-episode revival, 24: Live Another Day (premiering May 5) — and it doesn’t suck.

RELATED | 24: Live Another Day Pits Jack vs. Chloe! Plus — Kim’s Fate and 7 Other Burning Questions Answered

The movie-quality preview clocks in at two-plus minutes and very clearly sets up the London-based event series’ premise: Jack (once again in full-tilt fugitive mode) races against time to prevent an attack against President Heller (or worse), but Yvonne Strahovski, Benjamin Bratt and other big TV stars keep getting in his way.

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Are you counting the seconds until May 5?

1. Bad Samaritan says:

Cool!

2. Maria says:

This looks even better than I expected…and my expectations were pretty high!

• Sg. Grant says:

Just wait. After this is considered by most to be an overwhelming success by Fox, more networks will be revisiting previously cancelled shows that were eventually cancelled despite being popular and well-rated, at least by today’s comparison numbers.

I’m ok with that because maybe some shows that I previously liked will be revived. I realize the ratings system is dilapidated and not an accurate portrayal of a real number of viewers, but it is still a metric that shows can use to compare against each other, and against shows of years past. The list of shows cancelled too soon, at least to many fans, is expansive, so perhaps others will get some good news about one of their favorite past shows as a result of this.

I personally can’t wait to see Jack kick some butt again, and will probably tune in live.

3. Tisha Look says:

“24” was one of my favorite all-time TV series and I cannot wait for May 5th! This trailer is fantastic!

4. CactusRose says:

Can’t wait! Loves me some Jack!

5. Kate Garner says:

A Jack with even less to lose than ever. Watch out! And yes, I am counting the seconds…23dys, 19hrs, 39mn, 36sec…

6. nikki says:

I really hope Jimmy Cooper isn’t evil and / or dead by the season’s end

7. alistaircrane says:

I want Kim Bauer back this season. Elisha Cuthbert is awesome!

8. wrstlgirl says:

I am sooooo, soooooo happy they decided to do this!!!! One of the best series ever made for network television.

9. Kami says:

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! So cool! I have missed this show!!!!!

10. Sandy Shapiro says:

Yes!!! Chloe seems as awesome as ever!!!

11. dlferriola says:

Wow, it looks so good with a lot of the characters from the original series back but edgier. Cannot wait to watch this limited series on Fox.

12. connornorton says:

Where was Kim Raver’ s name? Something tells me that we won’t be seeing a lot of Audrey in this season. Really hope that Chloe turns out to be evil.

13. “Trigger an alarm and I’ll blow your head off”…… oh Jack, we’ve missed you!

14. majamababe says:

Jack is Back! Long live Jack Bauer! He and Red Redington are my all time favorite anti-heroes!

15. RichieS says:

Can’t believe they couldn’t write in a part for Carlos Bernard. He had a major part in making the series what it was.

16. whatawookiesheis says:

I’m disappointed…I didn’t hear one, (not one!) “Dammit!” or “Dammit Chloe!” just joking..this looks awesome!!!! (but there better be lots of his signature line!!)

17. fayedigi says:

Looking forward to when Jack is back.

18. Doris Hamilton says:

Looks like another great season of 24! I can’t wait. Reminds me of “Blacklist.”

19. Jo Detchon says:

Yes,yes,yes. Can’t wait one of my favorite shows. Previews look exciting. Dutch

20. Ron Doyle says:

awesome – love that ticking sound – missed it greatly and to bring in Chloe and Yvonne and an ex – even better

21. Mari says:

Can’t wait! One of my favorite shows off all time. I still have Saturday 24 marathons on DVD.

22. Jack and Audrey Forever says:

UUuuummmm Kim Raver anybody? Why isn’t her name included in the credits!?

• Bobklause says:

I thought the same thing…criminal.

• Jordan says:

These credits are clearly highlighting the star power. Kiefer, Yvonne, Benjamin, Tate, and William are all pretty recognizable names in TV land, and while Kim has had a strong TV presence for many years, she just doesn’t have that name recognition. They included Mary Lynn as well because she is a huge draw for people who are already fans.

23. Is the movie going to be followed by twelve episodes or is it a one time event?

24. meatwad says:

I’m really excited for this and I hope it is as good as its looking in that trailer

25. Benq Joybook Lite U101 is powered with an Intel Atom Processor N270 and
    Windows XP Home Edition Linux Lite Operating system. These have
    transparent, independent LCD panels for each primary color (red, green and blue.
    It was the first boot to ever make that standard or grade.

26. James D says:

Sweetness. their is no badder badass than Jack Bauer. very excited to watch it.

27. Rich Abey says:

Holy S*** I am excited! My previous No.1 favorite TV Show is back & looking better than ever!

28. Brian says:

Looks great! The trailer ends with a Hulu logo. I thought Amazon had exclusive streaming rights? Does anyone know for sure?

29. TinLV says:

I wish they had done a whole season.. but if this is successful, maybe they will do a 12 episode ‘event’ every year.. that would be cool. I know I would be watching..

• trf says:

Early comments from the writers /producers said they took all the ‘filler’ out of the usual 24 season format to make this 12 hour ‘only the good stuff’ series

30. M3rc Nate says:

My ONLY problem with this….is its been so long since iv watched 24 that i forget which characters im supposed to recognize or are new. The woman with the president….isnt that Jacks ex wife? Why is she with the President? Has that President been on 24 before? Gah…dont remember so many things…and it sucks cause re-watching 24 is NOT fun in my opinion…the format is FANTASTIC for first time viewing (24 hrs, a hour for each hour etc) but not second time viewing. Its content is you not knowing the twists and turns and whos bad or good…so when you re-watch you already know where its going even if your reminded as your watching so the unknown-ness is not there.

• Eric says:

I think you’d better re-watch. The woman with the President is Audrey Raines… she was Jack’s old flame in seasons 4 and 5. She’s also President Heller’s daughter. President Heller was Secretary of Defense in seasons 4 and 5.

• twinstick says:

I’m glad to see both Pres. Heller and Audrey in this. There is some unfinished business with those two and Jack. They way that storyline was left off at the end of Season 6 was just not right IMHO…

31. Kristi says:

Can’t wait it looks awesome!! I was hoping it wouldn’t be lame but from that trailer I think we are in for an exciting 12 episodes!!!

32. kittykatsam says:

i’m confused Where were Kim and the coyotes?

33. Chris Butler says:

Ohh Yeahhh…

34. Boone says:

Hell Yeah. Look like another great season of 24.

35. greysfan says:

Woohoo JACK IS BACK! Can’t wait. Bring on May.

36. Norine says:

OMG!! I am so excited that Jack is back. Please bring him back every year!!

37. joterri says:

Please renew 24 for more than just a “limited” series event. We want our Jack back!! It would work perfectly in a summer line-up…so pumped for the 24 this summer

38. Marty says:

How come David Dayan Fisher is not back? Was his character killed off in the original series?

39. twinstick says:

WOW!!! This does two things, In my book. First, this proves that there are still a great many things that can be told in Jack Bauer’s world. Second, this allows TPTB in 24 to step away from its real-time format a bit. They won’t have to drag out cougars or any other wildlife to pester the characters to fill in time.

40. Dot says:

Absolutely frickin’ AMAZNG!! Yeah – counting the seconds…

The only downside is: We are going to want MORE of Jack Bauer…and Chloe!!! This will NOT be enough!!!

41. Bill Lewis says:

By far the best show I’ve ever watched. I’m 68 but feel like a teen with The Beatles coming to town and I’ve won free tickets!!

42. Candace says:

Can’t ever get enough of 24!

43. Paulette says:

I can not tell you how very happy I am that 24 is coming back even if it is only 12 episodes. I am a huge fan of Keifer Sutherland and can hardly wait. I have missed Jack Bauer so much and I am counting the seconds until May 5th. Maybe this will turn out so well that they might consider bringing 24 back as a series again. Wouldn’t that be great? This one show I WILL NOT miss for anything.
    I have a CTU t-shirt and I get stopped all the time by people wanting to know where I got it. I tell them Jack Bauer gave it to me. LOL…..