FXX will launch its not-inexpensive syndicated run of The Simpsons with a 12-day marathon of every episode ever, it was announced at the FX Networks’ Upfront presentation.
“It will be the longest continuous marathon in the history of television,” Variety quotes FX Networks boss Jon Landgraf as saying of the 550-plus-episode onslaught, which will be timed to The Simpsons‘ August debut on FXX.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* Starz’s upcoming Outlander series has cast Steven Cree (Brave) as Ian Murray, Jenny’s husband and Jamie’s best friend since childhood, the network announced via Facebook.
* Singer Drake will host the 2014 ESPYS on Wednesday, July 16, ESPN Media Zone reports.
* TV Land will reboot the hidden-camera series Candid Camera, with co-host Peter “Son of Allen” Funt.
* Dirty Jobs‘ Mike Rowe is headed back to TV with as host of CNN’s Somebody’s Gotta Do It, profiling innovators, do-gooders, entrepreneurs, collectors and fanatics.
* Starz has ordered its first original unscripted series, The Chair, from creator Chris Moore (Project Greenlight). The competition follows two up-and-coming directors, who will be given the same screenplay and budget, as they bring to life their first feature. Viewers will determine which director will win $250,000 after both films are theatrically released and air on Starz. Follow @VladaGelman