The 100's Devon Bostick Previews 'Heartbreaking' Twists, New Dangers -- Plus: Who's Dying Next?

Devon Bostick The 100Jasper may have survived his first brush with the Grounders, but as you’ll see on tonight’s episode of The 100 (The CW, 9/8c), he’s not out of the woods (zing!) just yet.

RELATED | The 100′s Eliza Taylor Previews Jasper’s Fate, Deadly Romance and a Hostile New Enemy

TVLine spoke with Devon Bostick, who plays spear-magnet Jasper, for the scoop on what lies ahead for the 100… or is it the 97 now?

TVLINE | I’m glad you survived, but when you first read the script, were you a little nervous?
[Getting killed off] wasn’t really a concern for me, but I also didn’t know whether or not I was going to live. I was just so excited to be a part of the show and get to play a fun character in such a dark place. My main objective was for people to love Jasper, so that if he did die, it would suck. [Editor's note: Mission accomplished.]

TVLINE | I imagine that near-death experience affects Jasper in a pretty significant way?
Oh, immensely. He started out as such a fun, light-hearted, courageous kid — and then he’s immediately speared. This post-traumatic stress disorder comes over him and things become different. He’s now extremely afraid of what’s out there; the possibilities are endless. Like, a spear came out of nowhere, so what’s next? He’s quite afraid of getting speared twice.

TVLINE | I doubt he will. I think that’s like getting struck by lightning twice.
But, wait, the likelihood of getting struck twice is actually higher.

TVLINE | Oh, just kidding. I take that back.
[Laughs] Good, thank you.

TVLINE | So what other dangers can we expect on earth?
There’s so many dangers. We’ll learn more about who the Grounders are, who blew the horn when the fog came and who was in that tree. It’s cool because we’re in the woods right now, but we’ve only explored a small excursion. There’s so much more to find.

TVLINE | And then there are the dangers within the group. I still can’t believe Charlotte killed Wells.
Yeah, it starts out with us as the first people on the ground in 100 years, and then quickly becomes Lord of the Flies of the 21st century. We start to see the repercussions of people’s actions. With no law, there’s the politics of: If someone kills someone else, do we have to kill that person? Is there capital punishment? That’s what the next episode is all about. There’s a lot of turmoil in the camp, and they really need to get over their own s–t, because there’s so much more danger out there.

TVLINE | Will there be any romance for Jasper in the midst of all that danger?
I think there’s chance for a lot of romance all over the place, yeah. They’re teens that were locked up, and now they’re free with no parents and no rules. Jasper’s in love with Octavia, but she’s a free soul. It can definitely be heartbreaking.

What say you, 100 fans? Are you hoping for a Jasper-Octavia romance? And who do you think will die next? Drop your thoughts in a comment below.

1. Sara says:

Erica’s brother!! Miss the show

2. Elyse says:

I’m enjoying the 100 so far. I was shocked when that little girl killed Wells. YIKES! She’s definitely crazy. Can’t wait to see more :)

3. Belle says:

Here’s hoping Nadler sticks around for the whole series!!! He’s the character we all love… cute, endearing, nerdy, good-guy :D

4. Cindy says:

Love this show…if only Star-Crossed were paired with it on Wed night’s I know it would be fairing better!!!!

5. CLNorman says:

By my count, they are 94. Two dead on landing. The smooching-in-the-woods couple caught in the radiation dust storm. Sam and Wells (RIP). They are dropping like flies.

6. CountryQueen says:

I like the show, so I’m totally ignoring the fact that he was speared, and even though it didn’t hit the heart, it sure looked like it went deep enough to puncture a lung. LOL I was also shocked when Charlotte killed Wells.

Lord of the Flies is one of my fave all time books, so it’s interesting to see that type of storyline unfold here.

7. Will says:

Disappointed they had to kill off a main character who also happened to be a minority.
    Too bad it wasn’t one of Bellamy’s lackeys or an equally annoying character…

• RyanG says:

Agree. I’m giving it another episode, maybe two but killing off Wells (and especially the way they did it and the reason behind it), really bugged me. It didn’t sit well with me and still doesn’t.

• Fido says:

Maybe Jasper DID die and the Grounders use their magical-ways to bring him back. Thus in a couple of eps the gang will be a-wandering in the forest and come across Wells and the Devil-Girl sat by a lake drinking tea. :)

8. jag says:

I’ve seen the 4th ep and this series just wont stop shocking you. for a CW show, the brutality considering were dealing with kids, is just too bloody. i hate to compare it with GOT but the shock factor and brutality is not far. maybe im not just expecting it. But im glad it on the tube. wells death was utilized very well. Im not saying im glad what they did to wells im just glad that the aftermath is a purposeful reason enough for that move.

im still waiting for the review and im hoping this show stays long.

9. tracey says:

I love jasper and octavia . when they kissed i was like yes, i hope jasper nor octavia dies.

• BobMorleyftw says:

Aww wasn’t it totally cute I love Jasper especially in the first episode where he was like I love earth it was so cute I really hope they don’t kill him or Monty off gotta to love them

10. Annabelle says:

Deffinitly love jasper and hoping for him and octavia. But am i the only one who is dying for Clarke and Bellamy to get together!