Exiting Grey's Anatomy Actress Joins CBS' Summer Drama Extant in Recurring Role

tessablogTessa Ferrer has rebounded from her Grey’s Anatomy discharge in near-record time.

The actress, who is set to exit ABC’s medical soap at season’s end, has landed a recurring role in CBS‘ summer series Extant, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED | 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s (Still) on the Bubble?

The thriller stars Halle Berry as an astronaut trying to reconnect with her family when she returns after a year in outer space. Her experiences lead to events that ultimately will change the course of human history.

Per Deadline, Ferrer will play Katie Sparks, an athletic, intelligent astronaut who is forced to make a terrifying decision when faced with unimaginable horror.

Extant is slated to debut Wednesday, July 9 at 9/8c.

1. ABG says:

Good for her. Leah is a horrible character so hopefully she gets a better one this time.

That said, aside from Halle Berry, this show sounds very weird.

2. Frankie says:

Congrats to her!

Bonus: now the 15 whiny Leah fans can STFU and get their Tessa fix on a new show.

It’s a win-win for everyone!

3. counterculture’ ousts the fact that was popular during a particular decade and replaces it
    the new way of popular music. Candle light vigils and protests were organized on Facebook and Twitter in support
    with the protestors, democracy and the end for the bloodshed.
    That would make a larger part in the MILLIONS of users downloading torrents every day.

4. jane says:

She looks just like her mom in that picture. Wonder if she can sing like her too. Glad she found a new show.

5. Julie says:

Not sorry to see Leah go. I have no problem with the actress but I’m sick of Shonda adding unnecessary regular cast members to Grey’s.

6. -MaK- says:

it will end with christina realizing that she and shane have a lot in common. maybe she will see him in burke (like a young version of burke) and will exit the show with him. as for leah: maybe they’ll kill her off which will lead to some heartbreaking drama moments for arizona and callie next season. my opinion…

7. Erin says:

When I read they wouldn’t become series regulars, I didn’t know that meant they’d be leaving for sure. I thought they would just recur like they do now. I’m totally fine with her being gone though. Hopefully Shane will exit too. Are they far enough long yet that this is when they could leave for other opportunities like when the regular crew chose other hospitals before the plane crash? I would rather see them leave for something like that than another tragic death or disaster. I’m sick of those on Grey’s.

8. Greg says:

I had taken to calling her character “Fake Sandra Bullock” because I think they kinda look alike. Her character on Greys is kinda of an awful person. I wont miss her there. I wish Stephanie would get an intern job somewhere too

9. dioxinblues says:

I’m glad for her, I really like the actress even as the GREY’S writers were all over the map with her character. Hope she continues to shine.

10. zurvita says:

Valuable info. Fortunate me I found your web site accidentally,
    and I’m shocked why this coincidence didn’t took place earlier!
    I bookmarked it.

11. love says:

Sorry to say this, but good riddens. Hope Shane goes too. Loved him on FNL, but he just doesn’t do it for me as Shane.