Amazon Orders Pilots Starring Sons of Anarchy's Ron Perlman, The O.C.'s Adam Brody

Ron Perlman Hand of GodAmazon has formally handed pilot orders to the Ron Perlman-Dana Delany drama Hand of God and the Adam Brody-Chloë Sevigny dramedy The Cosmopolitans.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2014: Scoop on This Fall’s Possible New Shows

Hand of God, penned by Burn Notice scribe Ben Watkins and directed by World War Z helmer Marc Forster, centers on the powerful, hard-living and law-bending Judge Pernell (Perlman) who, after a religious awakening, begins having visions and hearing voices through his ventilator-bound son. The cast also includes Andre Royo, Alona Tal, Julian Morris, Elizabeth McLaughlin and Garret Dillahunt.

The Cosmopolitans, written, directed and produced by Whit Stillman (Metropolitan), follows a group of young American expatriates in Paris who are searching for love and friendship in a foreign city. Carrie MacLemore, Dree Hemmingway, Shaun Evans, Freddy Åsblom and Adriano Giannini round out the ensemble.

1. Kyle Chamley says:

Chloe Sevigny is a hugely talented actress! So excited, hope the pilot gets picked up!

2. EJ says:

Chloe Sevigny is a no-talent lunp of nothingness. She was horrible in Stillman’s The Last Days Of Disco. When She Killed was a flop because she can’t carry a series.

• d4h8a15r16m23a42 says:

So you’re basing your opinion on a 16 year old film and a show which you don’t even know the title of.

3. d4h8a15r16m23a42 says:

After that Blind item business my expectations for Hand of God are quite high.

4. militantgod says:

Yeah, I kinda can’t stand Chloe, I find her repulsive to look at, but I have to admit she is a really good actress. She was terrific in Big Love. But according to EJ, a five year series, that was critically acclaimed, where she was one of the shows leads, clearly means she can’t carry a series….

5. lululime says:

I’m confused I read a THR article last night and it said it was Adrien Brody, but now it’s Adam Brody.

6. ArchieLeach says:

I love Last Days of Disco but I couldn’t get through Wit Stillman’s recent flick. Ron Perlman is pretty awesome.

7. DavidSask says:

Neither appeals to me and I take it the latter is not actually filming in Paris as can’t see that being budgeted?!

8. Ali says:

Pearlman does nothing for me. Didn’t care for him in SOA and won’t watch HOG. Garrett Dillahunt on the other hand….why isn’t he the lead?