Exclusive

Exclusive: Chris Colfer Books Hot Sitcom Gig

Chris Colfer Hot in ClevelandChris Colfer is adding a new title to his repertoire: sitcom guest star.

The Glee actor-singer-writer has signed on to appear in an episode of Hot in Cleveland, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | Glee Vet Naya Rivera Addresses Exit Rumors: ‘People Take Little Things and Blow Them Up’

Colfer (whose only previous non-Glee TV gig was a 2011 role on Fox’s The Cleveland Show) will play Tony, the son of Wendie Malick’s actress-character Victoria Chase.

The TV Land comedy kicked off its fifth season last month with a special live outing. Colfer’s episode shoots next week.

1. Jen says:

Excellent!

2. sam says:

I love that show. Looking forward to seeing Chris on something other than glee.

3. psta says:

if it means he will be less featured in glee, i’m all for it

• Aries says:

Oh please, stop!

• Lisa says:

we agree on this, we want him to leave glee. then I can stop tormenting myself with watching that crap show and some very un-talented people (referring to dc btw).

• Tyler says:

That name drop was so unnecessary. The hate is out of control. And it’s bizarre that you’re speaking like someone has a gun pointed to your head tormenting you to watch something. No one thinks you are being a martyr, okay?

Back to the topic at hand and a lesson FOR SOME in being a real chris colfer fan – Chris is such an amazing and huge part of glee, and being less featured would cease to make Glee so much what it is. Why would someone, esp. a fan of glee, want less of that? Do tell.

• Emily says:

I can’t wait for Glee to end so Chris can hopefully go on to do better things and be in better shows. Glee is terrible and I’m only still watching because he’s on it (and Darren as well) and I watch anything they’re in. I can’t wait until it’s over and they’re all free.

4. Yay says:

Chris must be thrilled! I’ll be watching.

5. simonew says:

more Chris = more happy

6. Will love seeing him in another setting and that show is funny!

7. Aries says:

Wow – great to hear! Can’t wait!

8. rod says:

I hope he can pull off something different, he is so well recognized by his Kurt that it would be interest to see what else he can do.

I hope he doesnt crash and burn like Jim Parsons did in SNL a few weeks ago.

• Tina says:

He managed to pull a very different character, though dramatic, both in personality and physicality in the movie he wrote. Sitcom should be fine, he has comedic instincts.

• Dude says:

And he was horrible in it and widely panned by critics so…not the best example.

• Yay says:

Not really, actually.

• Mark says:

I don’t know what critics this person has seen, because I’ve read it many and they didn’t say so, but surely I can give my different opinion, I was skeptical but watched SBL thanks to my sister and I was actually really impressed by Colfer. He was a completely different character from the dude of Glee. And if you see “8” you should know he can play different character….

• Lisa says:

Actually it didn’t do bad at all. The effort was completely Colfer’s, he did act in a completely different character, which is the topic here but if you wanna go off topic, worse did Flop Most Likely and that was released commercially. Worst rated too. I mean, just in case you are around here some other time where there’s bs thrown about blarren criss who can’t act and who was memorably mentioned as …wait, not mentioned at all, being noted by his fangirls/boys as actually anywhere as having talent.

• Tyler says:

Why do people keep bringing this sh*t up unprovoked ? STOP IT. No one asked what you thought of some other movie, which by the way, Darren was unscathed in – review wise, everyone had something bad to say in the movie but him. Which isnt even the DAMN POINT. PLEASE. STOP TURNING IT INTO THIS. This is not the right way to defend an actor you like.

• oh come on! No one is saying you have to love Darren, but for f*ck’s sake act like an adult. We get it, you hate Darren. But what does your hatred towards Darren have to even DO with Chris?oh wait, absolutely NOTHING.

• pollyanna_pocket says:

um. Struck By Lightning wasn’t panned by critics at all! Sure it got some mixed reviews but so does almost every single other release. It was actually quite well received and did well for a small indie production. It’s a good little story and Colfer was great in it.

• KC says:

Honestly I’m just excited because this means he’s doing something with Betty White. That right there is a comedic dream team within itself.

9. Kyle Chamley says:

Glee is underusing him. He’ll be great on HiC!

10. Min says:

Awesomesauce!

11. Angela says:

Oh, that should be fun. Look forward to that episode.

12. Adam says:

I am so excited for him he is going to rock as Victoria Chase’s son.

13. kay says:

Great! I love that show. Looking forward to seeing the episide .

14. Lisa says:

Finally, a show with writers that actually do their job! You go, Chris. All my support and looking forward to his episode.

15. Philip says:

I always find it interesting to see all these varied guest shots on HIC. This season alone we’re getting Ken Jeong, Albert Tsai, Queen Latifah, Max Greenfield…… Reminds me of Golden Girls. Are these season’s episodes going to be aired in 2 seperate blocks?

One question, Was it ever mentioned how many children Victoria had? I thought she only had 2 daughters. Oscar and Emmy played by Lauren Lapkus and Jennifer Love Hewitt. Did she ever mention having a son?

16. Fernanda says:

this is the time when the Glee stars would find another place in the media, next year Glee ends and I wanna see Colfer doing sitcoms or he could create one, Lea should return to Broadway immediately, Darren Criss should write and act in his own funny musicals on Youtube, Chord Overstreet could be on Grey’s Anatomy as a new intern, Naya and Amber must sing together in a duet for their own records and finally Heather Morris and Harry Shum need to be in Dancing with Stars and compete against each other.

17. jazzcolfer says:

This is great, I can’t wait Chris Colfer is such an amazing actor yet he has been so cruelly underused in Glee since season 4. My edits are really small. This means more opportunities for him and more Chris Colfer on my screen, perfect.

18. Bruna Soares says:

I’m so excited for this,Chris are amazing!!! I love him!

19. Gloria says:

Congratulations, Chris! This is a great opportunity to show what he can do outside of Glee. Im glad other people in the industry appreciate him for the great actor he is, as Glee doesn’t really give him enough screentime and decent storylines that his talent deserves, imo.

20. jada says:

Its about time, i want to see more than Kurt, i know he will nail it.

21. ness says:

Can’t wait for this! :)

22. Andrew Hass says:

I watch Hot In Cleveland and it could be good to see Chris in a different kind of show.Plus when Glee ends Chris may want to stay on TV and try a sitcom next time.Plus Glee might be done taping for the season.So there’s no conflict maybe

23. Elix says:

I don’t have cable, so is there a place I’ll be able to watch it online? I love all things Colfer and I really don’t want to miss this.