Law & Order: SVU Puts Bradley Whitford on Trial

Bradley Whitford SVULaw & Order: SVU has snagged quite the Trophy for its May 7 episode. Bradley Whitford will guest-star as Frank Maddox, a renowned TV producer accused of molesting his 8-year-old daughter, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | Memories From the Set: Bradley Whitford Talks Stints on West Wing, ER and More

That harsh accusation comes courtesy of Frank’s estranged wife Catherine Summers who, as TVLine previously reported, will be played by Under the Dome‘s Samantha Mathis.

Additional guest stars in the episode, titled “Reasonable Doubt,” include Jeffrey Tambor (Arrested Development) and Emma Bell (Dallas), as well as Geraldo Rivera and Ann Curry, both playing themselves.

1. Ruby says:

This episode already sounds outregous and over the top and laughable. Looks like another Criminal Minds kind of night. Why do they think these “big names” ha! are going to help anything? #CancelSVU #DontRenewSVU

• KH says:

Yes, because Criminal Minds is not outrageous, laughable, gruesome, and over the top. Of course not. And using hash tags really adds to your point, miss.

• KH says:

But I will say this though, historically, SVU guest stars have done really well, winning guest actor Emmys. .

2. Meagan says:

This episode was already done in what i’m sure was a more classy way in season 2 and countless other times. Can these so called wonderful writers not think of anything better?

• Joey says:

You’re referring to the one where the psychiatrist made the woman believe her father had raped her, right? That was a pretty good one. And it was the episode I immediately thought of when reading the description of this new one

3. Clarice says:

I adore Bradley Whitford, but there’s no way in the world I’m watching this episode. I wonder how many rape jokes the SVU writers will make before and during this broadcast? They seem to get rape joke happy during ‘controversal’ episodes.

4. Hannah says:

Ann Curry did it!

5. mskrislarsen says:

I always thought I would watch Bradley Whitford in anything, until I set unfortunate eyes on “The Good Guys” on FOX in 2010. But I’ll watch him on SVU.

There’s still a hole in SVU without Chris Meloni’s Stabler.

6. Segsig says:

I’ll watch Brad in almost anything. Really not fair Samantha Mathis gets to play his wife a second time.

7. Pat D. says: