Syfy Orders Mythological Drama Series Olympus and Zombie-Apocalypse Series Z Nation

Syfy LogoBy the beard of Zeus! Syfy has ordered a 13-part drama series Olympus, which tells the story of a group of people who challenge the gods and banish them to the Underworld.

RELATED | Syfy Orders Drama 12 Monkeys to Series

Set in “the world of humans, gods and monsters,” Olympus will begin production this summer in Vancouver and London.

Olympus comes from producer Robert Halmi Sr. and writer Nick Willing, previously responsible for Syfy’s Neverland (2011), Alice (2009) and Tinman (2007) miniseries.

Syfy has also picked up 13 episodes of Z Nation, an action-horror series about humans struggling to survive a zombie apocalypse. Z Nation comes from executive-producer Karl Shaefer (Eureka, The Dead Zone) and will premiere this fall.

Thoughts on Olympus and Z Nation? Any casting suggestions? Drop a comment below.

1. Michelle says:

Just when I try to leave SyFy behind…

Still bitter about Warehouse 13 and Being Human.

2. The Beach says:

I’ll decide when I see who is in the (hopefully) barely clothed cast.

3. hello says:

every Halmi production i have seen has been awful, so no thanks

4. John says:

Nope. Done with SyFy

5. James D says:

I’ll give them a watch , but I’m not that hopeful the Olympus one sounds like the kind of thing Syfy will mess up by making it a total cheese fest. and can’t we please for the love of all that is holy find something other then zombies to write a story about. it’s becoming ridiculous everything is either zombies or Vampires now a days, its enough. I love TWD but seriously haven’t these people ever heard the term over-saturated market.

6. Ashley says:

I can already see the low budget zombies.

7. Henry P says:

Can the zomibe-fad die soon? Getting stale, uninteresting and plain boring. Olympus could be interesting as long as they avoid Hercules as the hero.

• J K says:

Besides the Walking Dead, what other Zombie show is out there? There may be more, I can’t recall any that would make this a TV fad like you call it.

• Craig says:

BBC’s “In the Flesh” is about reformed Zombies. Also, Syfy’s Helix was about a virus that caused people to act zombie-like. There is also a new series coming out next season called iZombie, and there was also a failed pilot for Zombieland.

8. Gaara says:

I misread the title and thought it was a zombie apocalypse with Greek gods in it.. It could’ve been awesome lol

9. qj201 says:

So Olympus will be the American version of Atlantis? LOL

10. Elie says:

I miss Eureka.

• Randy says:

Me too

• tp says:

So do I. It’s kinda sad to see Colin Ferguson be the Maytag guy now. Every time I see one of those commercials I hate SyFy all over again. Now that Being Human is gone I’m only sticking around for Haven. Then I’m over SyFy and not even the cheesefest that is Sharknado 2 will bring me back.

11. K.P. says:

Nich Witham for Z Nation!

12. Sara says:

I will definitely check out that Olympus show. Some of my favorite mini-series and tv movies have been Halmi productions (10th Kingdom, Tin Man, The Odyessy, The Magical Legend of the Leprechauns, and so many more), so I will at least give this one a chance

13. Randy says:

Question: Where is sci-fi in Syfy?
    Science fiction isn’t even half of the TV series on this channel.

14. Sci-Fi Fridays used to rule! says:

“Defiance” is the last show they have. “Lost Girl” and “Continuum” don’t count of course since they’re imported.

Never really got “Haven”.

Might check out the “Blake’s 7″ reboot, “Dominion” and maybe this “Olympus” but if “Bitten” and “Helix” are their current measure of talent, then I’m out.