Exclusive

Exclusive: Ill-Fated Scandal Guest Star Resurrected on Grey's Anatomy

EMILY OWENS, M.D.Kelly McCreary is relocating to another corner of Shondaland.

The actress, who recurred on Scandal as Harrison’s passport-forging pal Clare (at least until her untimely demise this week), is set to guest-star on this season’s penultimate episode of Grey’s Anatomy, TVLine has learned exclusively.

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Shake-Up: Two Docs Not Returning in Season 11

She will play a surgeon who has a flirty bar date with a male doctor who shall remain nameless.

McCreary’s other credits include White Collar, Castle and Emily Owens, M.D.

Her episode of Grey’s is slated to air on May 8.

1. D says:

I think they casted her on her last name alone! Lol :) Happy about her addition.

2. Lou says:

I think she’s on a date with Shane.

3. Hannah says:

Male doctor? I remember distinctly her being a lesbian in Emily Owens.

4. twilight123 says:

I’m going with the male doctor being Owen. Because why give Shane a date in the penultimate episode when he is leaving the show in the finale? Could be wrong though.

5. marine says:

I’m getting tired of shondaland, using the same actors in all of her shows. Her show at the end will have no identity with thesame faces all the time!

• Jackie says:

A lot of writers have favorite actors. Movie directors recast people all the time.

• Dominique says:

then i strongly advise you never to watch anything whedon-related. now THAT’S seeing the same faces over and over again.

• Andrew Hass says:

Everyone including producers of shows have actors they like.Plus in a way for people to hire actors whose work they know.Plus Kelly McCreary may only be on Grey’s for one episode as of right now.As for the male doctor she has a date with on the show i’m wondering if it’ll be Owen and that is part of Christina’s exit story.For example Christina could see that Owen wants to move on but can’t as long as she’s around because that could keep his hopes up of them reuniting.

6. mallory says:

She’s on a date with Burke!!

7. Babygate says:

As long as this doesnt turn into another recurring character. There’s already so many people that its hard to get invested in anything. Nothing gets appropriately fleshed out because there’s no time because the cast is so large. Because of her age I’m going with either Shane or Leah as the date.

8. Sharon says:

Wasn’t she also on Friday night lights as smash’s (Shane on greys) girlfriend with mental problems?

9. Khaira says:

She’s the new Lauren of this season! Let’s hope she won’t break any couple..

10. manille says:

Thanks for the spoiler alert.

11. Pat says:

I wasn’t even going to guess but when I started to read the article, my first thought was Burke. I have no idea why but I think because he is suppose to return in May. I just figured since he is only going to be on Grey’s for a very short time, same goes for this actress so why not have these two be dating. A very wild guess, mind you!

12. Blakey says:

Pretty girl, and seems talented. I liked her on the 1 “Emily Owens” episode I watched. Will be interesting to see how this “flirty bar date” pans out since they are being so secretive.

13. Jillian says:

First guy I though of when I read this was it will be Alex. I really hope not, but I wouldn’t be surprised

14. Nina says:

Cd be Owen. But on other hand why keep the docs name secret if its Owen. He is single. Plus its way too soon to hook him up again. Last example was Emma. Maybe keeping the name secret means its someone who is in a relationship. After all Shonda Rhimes is pathetic. And everyone cheas. Also its one epi bf. SF. That would cause drama. Merder cd use some. They are as boring as watching golf lately. Alex and Jackson….no. really cant see that. esp. not Alex after all the crap he went through (though Jo sucks a big deal). Shane sd get a flirt. Everyone hates him and he is leaving. so give him a flirt. That girl with Owen……..I wd not want that. She is way too young for Hunt and he sd lick his wounds at least one more season. That wd be credible after such an intense tortured drama filled relationship. Did i say credible? I forgot its shonda rhimes. Who obviously is too pathetic to notice its time to end GA. All stories have been told. And thanks for ruining Crowen Rhimes. Totally worth waiting three season. Ever heard of Long Distance Relationship? Till series ends? Obv not!

15. tonywife says:

i guess she’s for Derek ? or Jackson! Shonda likes to make a mess,

16. Gail says:

I don’t think it’s Dereck or Jackson, they are not the kind of guys who cheat. They never did and don’t think they are gonna start now. In the case of Jackson after his last speech: “I believe you have to be truthful and with a baby on board I don’t think he will do something like that NEVER. Cheating is not in Jackson’s blood…I think it can be Owen. they need to give him something to develop next season…

17. What the hell! says:

What the hell happened she wasn’t in Eppy 10×23?