FXX Renews It's Always Sunny for Two More Seasons, Orders Tracy Morgan Comedy to Series

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Renewed Seasons 11 and 12Looks like the Philadelphia forecast will stay pleasant for some time to come.

FXX on Friday announced that it has renewed It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia for Seasons 11 and 12, making the series the longest running live-action comedy in cable history.

RELATED | TVLine Items: The Simpsons Invade FXX

The FX offshoot also bestowed a 10-episode, straight-to-series order to a sitcom starring 30 Rock alum Tracy Morgan. The untitled, half-hour project is slated to air alongside Sunny‘s upcoming 10th season, which will bow in 2015.

Both the Sunny renewal and the Morgan comedy are part of an overall deal with RCG Productions, which is run by Sunny‘s Rob McElhenny, Charlie Day and Glenn Howerton. RCG will serve as creators/executive producers/showrunners for Morgan’s TV return, along with former Sunny producer Luvh Rahke.

RELATEDWilfred Renewed for a Fourth and Final Season — But There’s a Twist

RCG’s deal also includes a TBA comedy pilot order and script orders for Harder (penned by Howerton and Sunny co-EP Scott Marder); We’re Good, Thanks (written by Day and Sunny actresses Mary Elizabeth Ellis and Artemis Pebdani, with Ellis and Pebdani attached to star); and Blow-Up Dolls, written by and starring British comedienne Sarah Solemani).

TVLine’s Cable Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect the renewal.

1. KT8711 says:

This show has been flying under the radar for years and deserves more attention. One of the most talented casts on television.

2. Ron says:

Super great news! One of my favorites. Pretty underrated if you ask me.

3. Ralph Hartman says:

Season 10 is suppose to be this fall in 2014 why does it say 2015? And what happens to The League if these 2 shows are paired together?

4. Alex says:

YES! My absolute favorite show. I was worried they were going to end it at 10 seasons since there was talk about uncertainty for the show’s future.

5. Pat D. says:

They REALLY got back on track last season….season 8, 7 were somewhat less than spectacular IMHO, although each had their moments.

Now, if my damned cable company would not make me pay extra for FXX I’d be able to watch it live.

6. Joey Padron says:

Happy about this news! Glad Sunny will be on tv for a few more years. Glad Tracy’s new show got pickup.

7. Drewer says:

Does anyone know what used to hold the longest running record?

8. Gracie says:

The HBO comedy series Dream On had something like 110 episodes. Also weeds had 102. Glad Sunny is coming back.

9. You made some really good points there. I checked on the web to learn more about the
    issue and found most individuals will go along with your views on
    this site.

10. I tend not to write a leave a response, however after browsing through a few of the comments here Its Always Sunny
    in Philadelphia Renewed for Seasons 11 and 12 on FXX | TVLine.
    I actually do have a few questions for you if it’s okay.
    Could it be simply me or does it appear like a few of these
    remarks come across as if they are left by brain dead visitors?
    :-P And, if you are posting at additional places, I’d like to follow
    anything fresh you have to post. Would you make a list of all of your public pages like your twitter feed, Facebook page or
    linkedin profile?

11. Lisa says:

I’ve only watched this on netflix. What time & day is the premire going to air?

12. bob says:

Love the show and im glad we get 2 more season . Not liking the Tracy Morgon idea , He isnt funny and will more then likly turn even more folks off from the show.

13. wayne says:

I am so happy this show will continue to run. I have grown to love this show. I quote this show almost an a daily basis.