Wonderland Fave to Join Once Upon a Time?

Once Upon a Time Season 4 Cast KnaveThe Knave of Hearts may be calling Storybrooke home come fall.

With ABC’s Once Upon a Time in Wonderland set to air its series finale this Thursday — and Once Upon a Time a sure thing to be renewed — British actor Michael Socha is poised to board the mothership as a series regular in Season 4, EW.com reports.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time’s Michael Raymond-James Hails ‘Bold’ Twist — Plus: Burning Qs Answered!

News of Socha’s possible Once gig comes on the heels of Michael Raymond-James‘ run as a series regular coming to an end, as a result of events that transpired in this past Sunday’s episode.

PHOTOS | Once Upon a Time Sneak Peek: Storybrooke Mourns a Loved One, Zelena Attacks [Spoiler]

Prior to venturing down the rabbit hole, Socha’s TV credits included the UK’s Being Human, the ITV miniseries Homefront and the BBC One medical drama Casualty.

1. Maki says:

Interesting, I quite liked him and I assume he would be part of introducing Aladin and Jasemine? Or? Either way I’m like the idea, just leave Cyprus and Alice out of it.

2. Carlie says:

Matt, is there any word on whether Emma Rigby would be going with him? (I suppose they probably won’t be saying anything about her until after the OUATiW finale though, would they?)

• kirads09 says:

had the same thought! Those 2 were the best thing about Wonderland. Please bring Anna with Will!

• gdv says:

Although I think Emma Rigby is a fine actress, I cannot stand looking at her. Her lips are way too big for her face! A girl that pretty should not have to resort to lip injections.

Ok, sorry, getting off of my soap box now. (I do love Michael Socha and am excited to see him on OUAT.)

• Boiler says:

I would love to see Emma Rigby come along. Also, you people picking on her looks need to get a life quickly. She’s is a beautiful woman!

3. Verity says:

I hope it’s true and not a lame April Fool’s joke, that would suck! He’s the only character I actually liked!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Michael Socha joining ONCE wouldn’t qualify as an April Fools’ joke. ONCE using a hologram of Judy Garland to appear as “Dorothy” would be a quality April Fools’ joke.

• LaPiquante says:

That was my reaction, too! Like, if this is EW’s idea of a joke, it’s not funny. Because this was all I wanted, and the only reason I kept watching Wonderland, after a while. I sorta want Ruby to come back, so Ruby and Will Scarlet could have a fling!

4. Mark says:

What about Alice is there no hope of seeing her in modern day Storybrooke ??

• zacqua10 says:

No thank you. She’s boring and I feel like her story has pretty much been told.

• Mark says:

Well with that logic so has his

• zacqua10 says:

Will still has story to be told in regards to his relationship with Robin Hood though. Alice has found Cyrus and it seems like she’s going to defeat Jafar and live happily ever after. Continuing her and Cyrus’ relationship onto the main show will be redundant and be honest, do we really need another couple. Sure Will has the Red Queen but I don’t think that’s going to end well. I guess we will see how it will work after the Wonderland series finale.

• e says:

totally agree with this! plus, michael socha’s character is such a standout, that he can come over to once and hold his own, totally apart from OUATinWonderland…

anyone have any ideas of the timeline’s here? it’s feasible that they might not even use too much of his “story” that has already been told on wonderland, aside from a small mention, especially if the wonderland story happened quite a bit in the past (in relation to current OUAT timeline). his personality is very much someone who has been hurt, is closed off, very sarcastic but incredibly loyal. he would be a PERFECT fit as a sidekick to emma, a friend of robin hood, or even a “ship” for red, provided she comes back when intelligence is cancelled. the knave stood apart from every other character on wonderland, and i am SO SO excited about this development. i was totally bummed about SPOILER dying this past week, so this makes up for it a little bit.

• DarkDefender says:

Actually, that would be a funny inside joke.. The Knave of (red) Hearts, ending up with Ruby/Red.

5. Steven says:

Wonderful. Now bring Jafar / Red Queen with him and everything of value from Wonderland will continue on.

6. Heather says:

Hmmm, I’m not sure what I think about this. I like Wonderland, especially these last few episodes, but I think I’d prefer it if things were kept separate. Making him a regular on the original is pushing it a bit.

• BTM says:

The Knave’s real name is Will Scarlet, one of the Merry Men, and since Robin Hood is already in Storybrooke as Regina’s true love, it seems like a natural fit to me.

7. Nina says:

So…when does Robin Hood get to be a series regular

• LuLu says:

Right? Robin Hood being Regina’s new soul mate & that character can’t get promoted to series regular. They have some great chemistry. While I love Will, I’d rather see Robin as a series regular next year.

• Mark says:

I second Robin Hoods character as a regular but I raise you with Meghan Ory returning with her show Intelligence not doing so well bring back Red as a reugular….

8. Michelle says:

Fervently hoping this is true. Will is my favorite character on Wonderland! He could reconcile with Robin!!!

9. wrstlgirl says:

Good news. He was the main draw to Wonderland for me before I just couldn’t take it anymore :-(

10. Caiti says:

If he comes… shouldn’t his one true love? It makes sense for Alice to go back to England, or explore the universe with Cyrus, or whatever. But Anastasia should be here too, unless she’s more than mostly dead.

• Katherine215 says:

If she’s alive and coming along, I don’t think they’d announce that until after the finale so as not to spoil the ending of the show. At least, I’d hope that’s what they would do…

11. Elle says:

I’d be up for him guest starring every now & again, but a regular? What? The show has enough characters missing out on screentime as is. They’d be more in line focusing on what they’ve got and driving those character stories instead of adding more people to the mix.

12. LynnH says:

This has been my hope all along. He was so wonderful in the UK Being Human, it would be so great to have ‘Will Scarlett’ on Once.

13. BelleRumpleFan says:

I was hoping for this!

14. JC says:

I would be for this. I wonder, however, if this means the Red Queen doesn’t survive the finale. I would like to see Alice come with him – I like how she kicks ass. But I’m assuming she and Cyrus probably get their happy ending in a place that isn’t Storybrooke.

15. David4 says:

Jafar should be the big bad guy next season, we then would have everything food Wonderland.

16. Ellie says:

Good. He was the highlight of the show for me and what kept me watching :)

17. Nicole says:

If there can only be one survivor to board the mothership, Will is a great choice but I’d hope he gets to have his Ana with him as well.

• Carlie says:

I agree with this It would break my heart if she didn’t survive it. I’d say they’re just holding off on announcing anything about her until after the finale airs so they don’t give away the ending,

18. Justin says:

What about Alice? I loved her.

19. April Fool.
    Have the Jabberwocky and Jafar join. The rest of the OUTW cast sucks.

20. Elyse says:

Yes!!! He was my favorite part in the few episodes I watched! :)

21. Robert says:

I think if this is true, he will be a great addition to the cast and when you think about it there may be a twist as to why he is there because I remember him poping up in Storybrook. They never gave a reason as to why he was there.

22. Cat says:

Great news!! The Knave & Alice’s friendship chemistry was the best part about OUATIW. But what about Robin Hood? I’d like to see him upped to series regular.

23. Frankieboy says:

I’m okay with this. He is a charming actor and I can see why they want to keep him.. I do hope (together with a lot of other people that they bring the red queen with him to the show.

Kinda funny, at first I HATED Emma Rigby and her character, but now she is my fave character from wonderland. So I hope she hops along with Will.

24. A says:

Please let this be true. He’s the only reason I still watch OUATiW.

25. Thilia says:

Doing this allows them to tie Wonderland to the OUAT series and gives them additional episodes they can package together for syndication. So it makes sense.

26. Joel says:

Is he coming as the knave or will he be cast in a different role?

27. Khorrie says:

Are they ever going to address the ‘Jack killed the Jabberwocky’ issue? The only time I’d watch OUAT again is if Cassidy Freeman came back to wrap that up.

28. abz says:

As long as they don’t try to use him to create a second love triangle between Emma, Hook, and The Knave, then I don’t have a problem with this. He was definitely my favourite part of Wonderland.

29. Chelsea says:

Does this mean we can start shipping the Knave of Swans?

30. Jon says:

He was the only memorable character on Wonderland. Thumbs up.

31. Deion says:

I watched one episode of OUAT – Wonderland. Wasn’t the Knave in Storybrook when the Rabbit found him and had him go retrieve Alice? Makes sense that he sould return.

32. ivy says:

yes love him
    the more of him on once the better

33. Becky says:

Yes! He’s my favorite character.

34. adam says:

i would love to see Emma Rigby on once upon a time, as much as possible, but i would also like to see Sophie Lowe guest star once in a while.

35. abby says:

I don’t know about this, I was a big fan of his character however I have a feeling he’ll be a bit like Belle, underused and mostly just floating around in the background.

36. kavyn says:

I really hope they bring Anna along with him, those two are the reasons I kept up with Wonderland.

Also hoping that if we get another spin-off, it’s in Narnia!

37. Bianca says:

Regular?! That’s disappointing. Guest, yes. He’s never even been on the show!

38. Missy Kelly says:

It is quite interesting. Watching OUTAIW, last week I thought about how the Knave and Red Queen were the stars of the show, not the intended stars of Alice Cyrus. Happy to have him there – his is established in Wonderland because that’s where the rabbit found him and where he hid his heart.

39. Douglas from Brazil says:

An April’s Fool joke would be the characters of OUAT being dragged to the Island of Lost by the way the episode title of OUAT finale is the same of the season 4 finale of Lost,

40. Dan says:

YES! SO HAPPY FOR THIS NEWS! LOVE HIS CHARACTER AND THE ACTOR. HORRAY!

41. Cheli says:

He was the best part about Wonderland, gave up on that show some time ago.

42. Kate says:

Possibly(said here) and expected(said in the EW.com report and elsewhere) doesn’t necessarily mean he is joining Once Upon a Time. While Michael Socha would be a fine addition, it would be an absolute NO to any other cast member from Wonderland joining OUaT, I have no interest in watching a continuing(or another) storyline for any of them. And as a regular? There’s barely enough storyline for the regulars Once has now. And as Adam and Eddie have said.. OUaTiW timeline is a little different from OUaT. How would that work exactly? Honestly I’d rather have Sean Maguire as a regular cast member. At least he has an existing storyline within OUaT.

43. El Guapo says:

Let’s hope they follow through with this. He and the Red Queen were the only two characters on that show worth paying attention to at all. Cyrus and Alice had the chemistry of Bert and Ernie as a couple.

44. Doreen says:

He was the only reason I watched once in wonderland so this is perfect!!! Yay!! Ps don’t being Alice! Haha

45. Gabrielle says:

Oh I am so excited about this!! I was never a big Neal fan to begin with but I love the Knave’s character. I dig this trade off!

46. Isobel says:

Very happy, he can apologise to Robin, who will probably also be a regular as the queen’s love interest, and he has background with knowing Cora in Wonderland. We’ll see if Ana comes too, I’d say Alice and Cyrus rule Wonderland or something.

47. Aly says:

An unpopular opinion, but I’m not pleased about this. I wanted the spinoff to stay completely separate to OUAT. And if anything, I would want him as a guest star, not as a regular. We have enough characters as it is on Once, and certainly enough male characters. If they want a man to replace Neal as a regular, they should make Robin Hood a regular instead – not that I’m a shipper, but surely it makes sense? And making him AND Robin Hood both regulars would be ridiculous.

48. Mary says: