TVLine Items: Brooklyn 99 and Walking Dead Promotions, Rake Moves (Again) and More

Brooklyn Nine-Nine Miller DirkTwo of Brooklyn Nine-Nine‘s finest detectives are staying on the beat.

The Fox comedy has upped Joel McKinnon Miller and Dirk Blocker, who play Scully and Hitchcock respectively, to series regulars for Season 2, our sister site Deadline reports.

RELATED | Walking Dead Post Mortem: Robert Kirkman Shares ‘Scary’ Terminus Intel, Talks ‘Difficult’ Carl Scene, Promises Quick Answers In Season 5

The Walking Dead also is replenishing its ranks, with Andrew J. West (who plays Terminus boss Gareth), Alanna Masterson (The Governor’s follower Tara) and Christian Serratos (military crew member Rosita) set to become regulars in Season 5, per Deadline.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* After bumping Rake to Fridays last month, Fox will now air the last two episodes of the Greg Kinnear-fronted drama this Saturday, April 5, reports Deadline.

* BBC America has renewed its upcoming series The Musketeers — which doesn’t premiere until Sunday, June 22 at 9/8c — for Season 2. The contemporary take on the classic Alexandre Dumas characters stars Luke Pasqualino (Skins, The Borgias) as D’Artagnan, Tom Burke (The Hour) as Athos, Santiago Cabrera (Heroes) as Aramis and newcomer Howard Charles as Porthos. Peter Capaldi, aka Doctor Who‘s new Doctor, also appears in the drama.

* Lifetime will debut True Tori, a docu-series exploring Tori Spelling’s troubled and rumor-filled marriage to Dean McDermott, on Tuesday, April 22, at 10 pm.

RELATED | Save the Dates! 60+ April Premieres and Finales

* Royal Pains has tapped Numb3rs alumna Diane Farr to guest-star in a Season 6 episode as a private investigator stricken by mysterious symptoms during a case, TVGuide.com reports.

* FX’s The Bridge is keeping it all in the family. Star Demian Bichir’s brother Bruno will appear in multiple episodes of Season 2 as a wealthy Mexican business leader who may not be what he seems, reports TV Guide Magazine.

* Esquire Network has picked up its youth football docu-series Friday Night Tykes for a second season.

* Netflix has given a 10-episode order to Narcos, a drama about druglord Pablo Escobar and the Medellin Cartel. Per The Hollywood Reporter, Brazilian actor Wagner Moura will star in the series, which will debut on the streaming video service in 2015.

1. Brian says:

I’m fine with the promotion of Andrew J. West to series regular for the fifth season as long as he isn’t a villain they keep around WAAAAAY too long… cough…Governor…cough…

• Teag says:

No way, it would’ve been boring and predictable if he died in season 3 finale.

• Brian says:

I agree, it would have been predictable. But the two “governor episodes” before the finale of 4A were two of the most boring hours of television I’ve watched…

2. Thilia says:

The final nail in Rake’s coffin. I for one loved the show. It is unfortunate that 90% of the new shows I liked are getting axed.

• David says:

Yeah I’m not really sure why Rake didn’t resonate with viewers. I guess it kind of got lost in the shuffle. I thought it was pretty good. It probably didn’t help that Grey’s Anatomy came back from a much longer than usual hiatus against it. I know I watched Rake during the weeks that Grey’s wasn’t on but when it came back I didn’t really have room for it and I am a few episodes behind. I’m assuming there probably won’t be any closure on the final episodes or anything.

• jp2 says:

I watched it for a bit but the characters weren’t likeable to me..

• MotorCityGirl says:

Out of boredom I checked it out and it grew on me fast. I also didnt really get why it was tanking so bad. Too bad it’s not sticking around; I think I would have enjoyed seeing where things would go. I know it’s not cancelled yet, but it doesnt look good. The short ride was fun :)

• Keith says:

I liked it

• Larc says:

Moving Rake from Friday to Saturday is like moving it from the hospital to the mortuary. It’s all over except the funeral.

3. Martin says:

I’m guessing that means Michael Cudlitz, Josh McDermott and the guy who plays Bob were already made series regulars before without being announced.

4. Alan says:

fully deserved promotions for scully and hitchcock, if they hadnt done that i would have been very surprised.
    rosita has been made a main character but not abraham or eugene, seems a little weird.
    also i guess this means that we will be sticking around terminus for a while, i figured that wouldnt last more than a few episodes so thats a little surprising.

• Alan says:

so ive been looking elsewhere and others are reporting that abraham and eugene are also going to be main characters next season, how come this hasnt been reported here?

5. Tran 2.0 says:

Looks like the end is near for Rake. I enjoy Greg Kinnear when he was the original host of Talk Soup on E!

6. frustratedwithbadtvshows says:

Vlada, thank you for the update concerning Rake. You made my day! Karma baby, karma.

7. Kate says:

BBC’s Musketeers is incredibly fun. So glad it was renewed for series 2! Although I wonder how Peter Capaldi will continue his (excellent) portrayal of the Cardinal, being the new Doctor and all.

• Alan says:

he is only the doctor for part of the year so he can easily do it during his time off from the show, its been the same with every major actor on the show since it came back.

• tp says:

I hate that tv shows air at different times here in the states and other countries. It’s so hard to avoid spoilers. Whether it airs here or anywhere else first. Mostly I’m just pissed cause I wanna see The Musketeers now instead of at the end of June. Same for Ripper Street and Dr.Who. lol.

8. R.O.B. says:

Scully and Hitchcock need to dial down the dumb just a little bit. Especially the guy with the flat top, can’t remember which one he is. He had a good character on Big Love, but in this he is utterly, unrealistically stupid.

• Gon says:

I always find those type of comical characters in Michael Schur comedy, like jerry in parks and recs. at one time it’s funny, the other time is not. Thankfully in B99 their characters screentime are minimal

9. I smell a romance between Rosita and Tara!

10. Spencer says:

Crap, what does it mean that Emily Kinney hasn’t been promoted? Is Beth officially a goner?!?!

11. Marco says:

My brother works on behind the camera team at TWD and he told me that Lizzie and Mika are not actually dead and that they will come back at season 5 yeaaaah!!!

12. Sue says:

I don’t get that TWD just wrote Lilly (Audrey Marie Anderson) ttoff without hesitation. Seems to me the one that finished off the governor deserved to come back.