Twisted's Maddie Hasson Teases 'Messy' Finale Cliffhanger and a 'Possibility' for Jo and Danny

Twisted Season FinaleTwisted‘s freshman season comes to a screeching halt on Tuesday (ABC Family, 9/8c) and star Maddie Hasson tells TVLine that the biggest revelations are still to come.

RELATED | Exclusive Twisted Sneak Peek: Danny Makes a Surprising Confession About Vikram’s Death

Below, Hasson previews what we can expect from the game-changing hour, including whether or not long-suffering Janny fans will finally get their reward.

TVLINE | We recently posted a clip of Charlie going bananas. Will we see him go crazier during the finale?
Oh, you’ll see Charlie at his craziest, for sure. Jack Falahee, the actor who plays Charlie, is very good. And he’s fairly new to film, so that’s incredible.

TVLINE | What else can we expect from Charlie? Will we learn anything new about him?
We find out some major things about Charlie and his past. Jo is becoming more and more creeped out by him, and she’s really starting to see through his lies as she discovers more about him throughout the episode. They also spend a lot of one-on-one time together, much to Jo’s dismay.

TVLINE | Any one-on-one moments for Jo and Danny?
Yes, there are a couple of really nice moments between Danny and Jo where they get to say their real feelings.

Twisted Season FinaleTVLINE | And those feelings are…?
[Laughs] I think the episode ends with a lot of possibility. They’re so busy with all the murder, lying and deceit, so it’s very hard to concentrate on their love lives. But it definitely ends with a moment of possibility.

TVLINE | I imagine fans have had quite a bit to say about Janny on Twitter.
Oh, absolutely. I guess there’s Dacey and Janny, and also Jico, which is Jo and Rico. And now there’s Lacey and Whitney. There are so many couples. Everybody’s dating each other, I can’t keep track.

TVLINE | The final also reveals a big secret about Whitney. What’s Jo’s reaction to that news, and what was yours?
I think Jo’s pretty indifferent to Whitney; they have, I think, one scene where they actually speak to each other. But I was very surprised about the reveal about Whitney and her father, Jack.

TVLINE | I know it’ll end on a cliffhanger, but how much resolution will there be?
There’s no resolution. Are you kidding me? What do you think you’re watching?

TVLINE | Of course, how silly of me. Can you say who’s involved in the cliffhanger?
Charlie, Jo’s parents, Danny, Danny’s family, Lacey … pretty much everyone. It’s a very mixed-up and messy cliffhanger. It’s nice to have everybody in one room, as actors, because we all get along so well. It’s a little harder to work sometimes, though, because we’re always laughing really hard. I remember when we shot the finale scene, they played a song that would be kind of the ambience to the end credits while we were rolling. I couldn’t take it seriously, even though it was so intense.

Browse pics from the Twisted finale below, then drop a comment: How do you think it will end?

_

1. nate says:

and watch abc family cancel it. i swear they are the worse network

2. HAP says:

Never watched this show, but loved Maddie on The Finder.

3. Babar says:

Seeing the ratings, the show is probably gonna get cancelled, so why bother with cliffhangers?

4. Kate says:

I have it on good authority that the show will be cancelled, so enjoy this last episode! Turn off the TV in the last minute to avoid being driven crazy by cliffhangers that will never be solved.

• Nate says:

And what authority is that?? Unless you work for ABC family or whatever don’t say anything..

• Kiki says:

When they renewed for the second half of season one they renewed twenty episodes we only got around nine so is safe to say that we will get a new season. We might get the new season around Fall or Winter if not on Spring of 2015, it doesn’t necessarily have to be on the Summer.

5. Barbara says:

These finale promo pics are an accurate depiction of why the show is on the chopping block. The pics show Jo Masterson,and the Masterson family. Please don’t call the show Twisted, it’s the Jo Show. I’m hoping we only have to put up with this for one more episode,which I will not be watching. ABCF please DO NOT RENEW this waste of a time slot.

• nate says:

no one told u to watch so many episodes in the first damn place

• maureen says:

The story belongs to the makers and Jo is a character in the show. It’s not up to you to decide who to be shown more or less. It will happen according to how the story lays out. Some fans i’ll tell u…

6. Rachel says:

Yuck, the finale is all about Jo; cannot stand the character and how everything revolves around her. Is Lacey even on this show?? Cause her only connection to the trio was her romance with Danny. If he starts liking Jo, she’ll be barely a recurring character. Definitely not watching the finale; the show’s going to be cancelled anyway; the writing was on the wall once it became the Jo Show.

7. enigma1294 says:

This show will end with a CANCELLATION. Why? Look at the promo pics.

8. Kait says:

What sucks about abc family is that they forget they have shows besides PLL. They pick maybe one show besides that to really advertise. And instead of doing what they should be doing with their “older” shows, they don’t promote them in the way they should and start green-lighting new shows when there’s enough of a fan base on some of their other shows, say Twisted, TLG, Bunheads, etc… While having a strong lead-in should and does matter, like with The Lying Game for example, it was a huge PLL promo followed by “and stay tuned for The Lying Game.” It also didn’t help they kept switching the days for PLL and people weren’t sticking with it because they had their shows they have stuck with on other channels. That, coupled with them not allowing online watching anymore (stupid), even on Hulu Plus to keep up, is a huge ratings disaster. I’m not an expert, just an avid tv watcher.

9. kk says:

i love this show and i think they cancel shows because how freaking rude some people are always griping because its not something they wanna watch so if you don’t like it don’t watch it but don’t ruin it for others

10. maureen says:

They certainly seems to be gunning for a second season wd all the cliffhangers left. I really hope it will happen. But there are a group of so-called fans who just say anything and everything when their favorite character don’t get enough screen time. (somehow they seem to think screen time in a story should depend on how long they wanna see their favourite and not according to the story line..duh)they go as far to talking race of the actors. I mean what the hell is wrong with people these days?

11. Whitney says:

What the hell is wrong with you Maureen, that you cannot understand when fans advocate for characters and story lines they would like to see more of, especially when said character has been billed as a lead? You do understand that the story lines are not set in stone, right? They are CREATED by the writers and can change according to viewer response. If the people that are advocating for change just stopped watching, the show would drop significantly in the ratings… oh, wait… never mind.

12. Anne says:

I for one like the show and I know others do also just look at the twitter fanbase and lets not forget about tumblr. The last show was actually really good and a lot of people including me are looking foward to another season.

13. ashley says:

please please renew this show i love it i was hoping more to happen with jo and danny in the seasion finale they are so perfect for each other i need to see what happens with them..not to mention how charlie is jos half bro aghhh the wait is gonna kill me!!! season two needs to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Chantal says:

This is one of my favorite shows.. I will cry if they cancel it.. The Lying Game was my favorite too and so was Secret Life Of An American Teeager..They always cancel the best shows.. I really do love this show..

14. ashley says:

so many ABCfamily shows get canceled and it sucks for the people who really love them i really hope this isnt one of them because the new one with the girl with cancer doesn’t look promising and pll is a great show but really there are know others shows on abc that are really great and pll it one of the few that actually have many seasons please renew twisted!!!!!!

15. Usha says:

I love this show so I really hope it gets renewed, we can’t survive on such a “messy” ciff hanger like that TWISTED indeed!!!! I am a JANNY fan so for all U JANNY haters just stop!

16. steph says:

ds show shld b renewd… lovin d story nd rilli wana si wat hapnz next

17. Lori says:

Just watched all the episodes that are currently posted on netflix with my daughters. We are looking forward to seeing the next season. :)