Exclusive

The Killing Final Season Exclusive: Linden's Mother Cast — Look Who Landed the Pivotal Role

The Killing Season 4 Frances FisherSarah Linden is getting the Mother of all visitors on The Killing.

TVLine has learned learned exclusively that Frances Fisher, currently co-starring (ironically enough) in ABC’s Resurrection, has been cast as the estranged mom of Mireille Enos’ lead detective in the drama’s six-episode fourth and final season on AMC Netflix.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Returning? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

Fans of the gritty Seattle-set crime drama know that Linden was abandoned by her mom as a girl — and subsequently grew up in the foster-care system. According to the original casting notice for the role, we’ll learn that her mother has since been living in a completely different world, and that Sarah will find her happy, well-mannered and well put-together, having “built a stable life” with a new, middle-class family.

Fisher, who is set to appear in multiple episodes, joins fellow Season 4 newbies Joan Allen (Luck), Sterling Beaumon (Red Widow), Levi Meaden (The 100) and Tyler Ross (Amazon’s Zombieland). As we previously reported, The Killing‘s final season will revolve around a murder at a military school.

1. Kate says:

Nice casting. Though any character that takes screen time from Holder (aka any other character) is dinged in my book. I would like him to appear in a little box in the corner of the screen whenever the scene doesn’t feature him. Anyway. Looking forward to this wrap-up very much.
    (“Season 5″ is a typo, however. Though as this show won’t die, who knows.)

• Annie says:

Fisher’s amazing, and I can’t wait to see what they do with her. I second the Holder pop-up idea. What a lovely notion.

• Lia says:

I agree, Holder is the best! When does it come back on? I guess I’ll have to get Netflix while it’s on since that will be the only way to see it.

• Gena says:

Holder is the best!!!!! I agree with Kate, put him in the corner of the screen. Keep The Killing alive !

2. When can we expect the final season to be broadcast ed?

3. jasie says:

Perfect casting! Can’t wait til the new season.

4. Aprilcot says:

Awesome casting! Despite it’s flaws, I still love this show. And Holder. Especially Holder.

5. phyllis says:

what do you mean season 4 finale?? I am in Ontrario near Toronto and it was cancelled after the ending of the 2nd season, I was very disappointed as I loved this show. How can I see season 3 and 4??–thanks a bunch

6. Joey Padron says:

Good casting. Can’t wait to see her as Linden’s mother on final season.

7. Tierna says:

For some reason I thought I already knew that Frances Fisher was going to play her mom. Maybe I just internally always thought she’s be the perfect choice?

8. Looking forward to viewing final season. Like that it will be on Netflix. I do look forward to watching Frances Fisher. She is a great actress. Been missing watcher to see what Holder is up to.

9. Karen Parks says:

I’m still holding out hope that this series goes beyond 4. I love it.

10. Kate says:

I hope it goes beyond season 4 I can’t get enough of it I think it’s fab

11. Sheri says:

Holder is awesome! I absolutely love this series and I hope that the next series will not be the last.