Nurse Jackie Renewed for Season 7 at Showtime; Peter Facinelli Poised to Exit Series

Episode 504Showtime has extended Nurse Jackie‘s shift.

The pay cabler has renewed the Edie Falco dramedy for a seventh season — two weeks before the show’s Season 6 premiere (April 13 at 9/8c).

Production on Season 7 is slated to begin later this year in New York, but one castmember will not be returning: TVLine has confirmed that Peter Facinelli has exited the series. “Peter asked to be released from his contract to pursue new creative challenges,” showrunner Clyde Phillips tells E! “Nothing will eclipse the incredible contribution he made to the success of Nurse Jackie since the dawn of the show.”

TVLine’s Cable Renewal Scorecard has been updated with the news.

1. Brian says:

Awesome! Love that show.

2. jake says:

I knew Peter would be leaving once he booked that NBC pilot. I wonder if they gave his character a send off in season 6 or he will just be written off in season 7. I do hope they had time to plan his exit in season 6 though.

3. Brooke says:

Aw man, I love this show but hate how it’s shed so many original cast members over the years. I’m still not over the loss of Momo.

4. Martin says:

I wonder if they are going to announce the 7th season as its last?, I hope not – I want it to at least tie Weeds record for seasons (8) but hopefully finish at 9. Buy yah, at least 2 more seasons of Nurse Jackie.

5. Demarcus says:

Am I the only one that noticed that Clyde is mocking Peter’s career “Twilight” choices? LolD

6. NurseFan says:

Man, that’s bad news! I love this season’s love story w/ Coop and Carrie! I wish Wever would exit instead. After we suffered through that awful season with her getting way too much screentime, she now hangs around for no good reason. I miss Eve Best the most, her exit put a serious dent in the show – now it looks like her char gets finally replaced by Antoinette and that’s the next best thing.

7. The families of the patients need not to worry once their loved ones
    enter the facility because the rehabilitation center assures the families that their
    loved ones will be comfortable with the new environment. It is not a place
    where a teenager goes because he has problem staying on task or following guidelines.

Before you get this type of treatment, it is probably best
    to get an idea of how much you will be spending.

8. Ezequiel says:

Hi, i feel that i saw you visited my weblog thus i got here to return the want?.I am trying to to find issues to improve my website!I
    suppose its adequate to use a few of your concepts!!