Amazon on Monday handed full-fledged series orders to six pilots, including Chris Carter’s supernatural drama The After. Additionally, the Internet giant renewed political comedy Alpha House for a second season, and the Silicon Valley-themed Betas has been cancelled.
The After follows eight strangers who are thrown together by mysterious forces and must help each other survive in a violent world that defies explanation. The cast includes Aldis Hodge, Andrew Howard, Arielle Kebbel, Jamie Kennedy, Sharon Lawrence and Adrian Pasdar.
The five other projects snagging series orders include…
* Bosch, an hour-long drama based on Michael Connelly’s book series about a relentless LAPD homicide detective (Titus Welliver). 24‘s Annie Wersching also stars.
* Mozart in the Jungle, a half-hour comedic drama about sex, drugs and classical music. The cast includes Gael Garcia Bernal, Saffron Burrows, Lola Kirke, Malcolm McDowell, Bernadette Peters and Peter Vack.
* Transparent, a half-hour dramedy about a Los Angeles family with serious boundary issues. It stars Jeffrey Tambor, Judith Light, Gaby Hoffmann, Amy Landecker and Jay Duplass,
* Gortimer Gibbon’s Life on Normal Street, a live-action coming-of-age tale (aimed at kids 6-11) that centers around Gortimer, his two best friends Ranger and Mel, and their exploits on Normal Street — an ordinary suburban neighborhood that has a hint of something magical just beneath the surface.
* Wishenpoof!, an animated series that revolves around a girl possessed with “wish magic.”