Amazon Renews Alpha House, Orders Six Pilots to Series (Including Chris Carter's The After)

The After AmazonAmazon on Monday handed full-fledged series orders to six pilots, including Chris Carter’s supernatural drama The After. Additionally, the Internet giant renewed political comedy Alpha House for a second season, and the Silicon Valley-themed Betas has been cancelled.

The After follows eight strangers who are thrown together by mysterious forces and must help each other survive in a violent world that defies explanation. The cast includes Aldis Hodge, Andrew Howard, Arielle Kebbel, Jamie Kennedy, Sharon Lawrence and Adrian Pasdar.

The five other projects snagging series orders include…

* Bosch, an hour-long drama based on Michael Connelly’s book series about a relentless LAPD homicide detective (Titus Welliver). 24‘s Annie Wersching also stars.

Mozart in the Jungle, a half-hour comedic drama about sex, drugs and classical music. The cast includes Gael Garcia Bernal, Saffron Burrows, Lola Kirke, Malcolm McDowell, Bernadette Peters and Peter Vack.

* Transparent, a half-hour dramedy about a Los Angeles family with serious boundary issues. It stars Jeffrey Tambor, Judith Light, Gaby Hoffmann, Amy Landecker and Jay Duplass,

Gortimer Gibbon’s Life on Normal Street, a live-action coming-of-age tale (aimed at kids 6-11) that centers around Gortimer, his two best friends Ranger and Mel, and their exploits on Normal Street — an ordinary suburban neighborhood that has a hint of something magical just beneath the surface.

* Wishenpoof!, an animated series that revolves around a girl possessed with “wish magic.”

1. ida says:

I already saw the pilots! Is this means they will be a complete season of The After? Bcz i liked it!

2. enri says:

I wish the Rebels would’ve been turned into a series. I enjoyed the pilot.

3. tv2day says:

Rebels was the best show to me. Bosch was boring retreaded same ole same ole. The after was just uninteresting n slow/boring.

4. Tee says:

The Rebels too, please!

5. jasie says:

I thought Bosch was the strongest show if the bunch. I wanted to like The After but currently all of the characters are unlikable and cliched. Will still check it out. Rebels was the strongest of the comedy side. I didn’t find much humor in the two they picked up. Also glad Alpha a house got renewed.

6. Robert says:

I thought this information was released well over a month ago?

7. Jerry says:

Ugh The Rebels. I’m glad they didn’t make it. The writing was horrible. They fit more cliches in the first 10 minutes than in an entire years worth of sports themed movies from the 80’s. The After was good and I thought Bosch was the best of the new group.

8. Eliza says:

I was able to check out Bosch and I really liked it. Certainly was hoping to see more – so, yay!

I’ll have to take a look at the other shows.

9. kimberlyduncan says:

The definitely need to add Rebels. It reminded me of the old HBO comedy 1st and 10.

10. Gaara says:

I watched Bosch cause my mother is a big fan of the books, and we both liked it. Good news for us!

11. The After was good, but they need to show the mythology more.

12. Reblogged this on nerdysomethin's Blog and commented:
    I watched The After…I am so intrigued by this show. Though I’m concerned Adrian Pasdar will be limited with his new role on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

13. Mareesa says:

Transparent yessssssss

14. R.O.B. says:

I wish they would rework The After first. Way too many f-bombs just for the sake of dropping f-bombs, and most of the characters are excrutiating (the old woman, the gay clown, the mean, angry british bloke, the airheaded hot girl that for some reason takes a naked swim in the middle of the apocalypse). The action in the streets was interesting and the ending showed promise, but for the most part, these are characters I would not have minded seeing a helicopter fall on top of. Cut back on the language (a little bit goes a long way) and retool the cliche characters and there could be a hit here.

15. Nicole says:

The Rebels was much better than Transparent in my opinion. Why didn’t they give the pickup to Rebels?

16. Rebecca says:

So happy for Transparent. Absolutely loved it.

17. GeoDiva says:

Really liked Mozart in the munlge, so I’m happy.

18. getmilk says:

Can Netflix or Amazon please revive The LA Complex? Pretty please?

19. David says:

Be great if amazon had a show worth watching.

20. Joey says:

YESSSS Transparent was so good!

21. Yes! The After was great! So was Bosch!

22. Joanne says:

I was wildly disappointed in The After. I thought the acting was TERRIBLE and the plot just dragged. The last 2 minutes was really the only interesting point, but unfortunately, not interesting enough for me to want to withstand the torture of watching another episode.

23. Wow that was strange. I just wrote an really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t appear.

Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again. Anyhow,
    just wanted to say great blog!

24. HAP says:

The Alpha House is a very funny show. But, I guess if your politics tend to be right wing, you will not find it funny in the least. It is Gary Trudeau’s send up of the Republican party.