TVLine Items: Good Wife Ups Goode, Neighbors Star Books Pilot, Clinton Visits Kimmel and More

The Good Wife Matthew Goode Series RegularWith a name like his, this news shouldn’t come as a surprise: Matthew Goode is sticking around on The Good Wife.

The actor, who debuted as State’s Attorney prosecutor Finn Polmar on the CBS drama last Sunday, has been promoted to series regular for the remainder of this current fifth season, E! News reports.

RELATED | Exclusive: Josh Charles Opens Up on Good Wife Shocker, Teases This Sunday’s Heartbreaking Will/Alicia Scene

Goode’s first episode coincided with the demise of Josh Charles’ Will Gardner. His character was added to give the show “more male energy” in the wake of Will’s death, creator Robert King previously told TVLine.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* Is there trouble in the neighborhood? The Neighbors star Toks Olagundoye has joined the cast of NBC’s comedy pilot Feed Me as a series regular, our sister site Deadline reports. The actress’ Feed Me role is in second position to the ABC series.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2014: Scoop on This Fall’s (Possible) New Shows and Who’s Starring in Them

* Former President Bill Clinton will make his first visit to Jimmy Kimmel Live on April 2, per Deadline.

* Comedian Cedric The Entertainer will host the Fourth Annual Critics’ Choice Television Awards, which will be broadcast live on network TV for the first time on June 19 at 8/7c on The CW.

1. Liz985 says:

Love Matthew Goode and glad to see him on The Good Wife more regularly, but, ummm, the hair. They’ve got to do something about the hair. (But his TV alter-ego gets Brownie points in TGW universe for sheltering Will during his last moments).

2. ibjbyron says:

“The Neighbors” would be absolutely nothing without Toks…

3. Mandie says:

Yeah, this comes as no surprise since his name was listed in the series regular spot rather than the guesp starring spot during last week’s episode [I like to watch the names of the guest stars to see if I know anybody in episodes because I'm weird like that].

However, there is no such thing as a “new Will”. Will Gardner is irreplaceable. Sorry, Louis Canning and Finn Polmar.

4. ivy says:

he’s no Will but he’ll do,
    just sort out the hair

5. Regina says:

Goode’s character seemed interesting. I just kinda wished they introduced him a little earlier. Having him first appear in the episode where Will dies feels a little soon to have him ultimately replace Will. Plus I loved the back and forth between him and Will in the courtroom. They played off each other really well and it seemed like they might’ve known each other. I wish we’d gotten to see a little more of that.

6. Steven says:

I hope Michael J Fox becomes a regular as well!

• Beckers0505@yahoo.com says:

Me too!!! He is awesome in this show! I am also happy about Goode. I have liked him as an actor for awhile. But agree with everyone else. Fix his hair!

• EJ386 says:

I hope that he will die in the next courtroom shoot out, by preference next episode [also not MJF, but his character]

7. abz says:

Can’t wait to see him interact with Alicia. I just feel like they’d really click together eventually after she’s grieved over Will’s death and become good friends.

8. Danna_Iuliana says:

I think it is a bit fast, he made 0 impression on me but I’m willing to give him a chance. A big NO to MJF becoming a regular. Nothing against the actor but I never liked him on TGW, the character is annoying and having him say things like “I’m the new Will” is not doing his character any favors. I wish they would have filled Will’s place in a more organic way than just out right saying “actor x will replace Will”, this way I can t help but compare the new actor with Josh and the new guy is losing at this point. Guess will just have to wait and see how it plays out…

9. herman1959 says:

This doesn’t sound good for The Neighbors.

10. Kristin says:

I am trying to remain optimistic about this new character but it does feel a bit rushed. Will literally just died and now here is this new male lead we are supposed to jump on board with – although, I know the point the Kings were trying to make with Will’s untimely passing was that death does happen, often unexpectedly, and life must continue to go on….however sad, however heartbreaking….so I’ll try but this is one show and one character in particular that I thoroughly enjoyed and I am really having a hard time with these sad turn of events.

11. DavidSask says:

The Critics Choice Awards am certain I watched on TV last year so I think that is error?!

12. marc says:

The Good Wife = best show on TV!!!

13. Liam says:

Yes, yes, yes! They couldn’t have brought in a better actor than M. Goode! He is fantastic. I also hope that he remains a series regular for season 6!
    I know a lot of people are pissed because there won’t be anymore Will and Alicia shipping, but in my opinion this show were never about which guy she ended up with. It’s not a show that caters to the twitter-audience (like Scandal) or only centers around one or more couples ups and downs (Grey’s).
    The Good Wife is the best!

14. Mare says:

I’m going to be so sad if the Neighbors is cancelled! Love that show.

15. Elissa says:

I wish he could use his Irish accent, a la Leap Year . He was so good with Amy Adams in that movie, hope he can bring it on Good Wife.

16. Equestrian says:

Everyone needs to get over the Will thing. It has been 2 weeks, and his character was never a real person. Yes, the actor is a real person, but he’s alive. Everyone is being so hard on M. Goode’s character, shut up and give the man a chance. He’s doing so well, and made an impression on me. I do not like MJF, but he’s only on for 4 episodes. No big deal, people need to stop being so dramatic about Will’s death. It’s just a show!

17. Ava says:

Well I say hurrah ! Matthew Goode is really really great (and I mean really). We did not get to see much of him so far but his first appearance was very good. Just wish they had introduced him a bit earlier.