Michael Chiklis Joins Horror Story: Freak Show

American Horror Story Michael ChiklisMichael Chiklis is going to be a part of the Freak Show.

American Horror Story cocreator Ryan Murphy announced on Friday on the final night of PaleyFest that TV’s erstwhile Vic Mackey has joined the FX series’ Season 4 ensemble, playing ex-husband to Kathy Bates and father to Evan Peters.

RELATED | American Horror Story Season 4 Will Take Place at a ‘Carnival,’ Writer Confirms

As previously announced, Horror Story‘s next chapter will be set in Jupiter, Fla. circa 1950. Jessica Lange, an Emmy winner for her Season 1 turn as Constance Langdon, this time will portray a German ex-pat who runs one of the last remaining freak shows in the country (not counting any of the Kardashian series).

AHS: Coven‘s Angela Bassett, who’ll also be back for Freak Show, said that Lange’s character “will do anything — and I don’t know what ‘anything’ might be — to keep this dying cottage industry alive just a little bit longer.”

Other returning AHS “repertory” players confirmed for Freak Show include Frances Conroy and Sarah Paulson, while Denis O’Hare and Emma Roberts are in talks to return. Murphy also indicated at PaleyFest that Gabourey Sidibe and Jamie Brewer would be back.

In addition to his aforementioned and Emmy-winning run on The Shield, Chiklis’ previous TV credits include No Ordinary Family and Vegas.

1. wrstlgirl says:

This is friggin awesome!! AWWWWESOME :-) :-)

• TV Gord says:

Once again, I agree with you completely. Inspired casting.

• Bored Now! says:

As do I! It’s a crime that Michael hasn’t had more success since The Shield ended. This is going to be great. And just as I was debating whether or not to drop AHS as of next season too. Not happening now.

• wrstlgirl says:

I’m aging myself but when I was a teenager I fell in love with him in The Commish. I’ve been following his career ever since.

• charlie says:

Yeah, I’ve been following him since then too. I loved that show! He was terribly underrated until The Shield IMO.

2. Francine says:

Oh my goodness, this is FANTASTIC!

3. ad says:

love the dig at “Kardashians”

4. Jason says:

Nice nice nice.

5. Maki says:

Thumbs up! Last season he show missed some guy power. The absence of Dylan McDermott and that skinny heroes guy was noticed. Liked hm n NOF.

6. sara says:

Awesomeee.

7. martina says:

Do we know if Taissa Farmiga is coming back? I’m hoping she and Lily Rabe will be back as well!

• Marco says:

I don’t know about Taissa, but Lily’s in an ABC pilot, so it’s up to ABC. If they don’t pick it up, she’ll be able to join AHS: Freakshow.

8. RHEA says:

I had read Evan Peters is back too. Is it not true?

9. Fernando says:

Ryan also said Jamie Brewer and Gabourey Sidibe would also be back during the Paleyfest. He also said some season 1 & 2 people could be returning, I really hope Zachary will be back. I know Connie is busy with Nashville but I hope she can guest star in it

10. Kaycee says:

Great addition! Also so excited to see Emma Roberts, Jamie and Gabourey back, they were my highlights of last season.

• Tina Majorino-Shepherd says:

I’m glad Gabourey Sidibe is coming back but I am surprised given her role in the Lee Daniels’ Hip Hop pilot for FOX.

11. Bored Now! says:

Now they need to get Walton Goggins in for a guest spot too, final season of Justified allowing. That would be some seriously amazing stunt casting. A show like AHS could really benefit from that level on onscreen bro-chemistry!

12. Greetings! I’ve been following your website for a long time now and finally got the bravery
    to go ahead and give you a shout out from Huffman Texas!

Just wanted to say keep up the great job!

13. Spencer says:

I would looooove if Chloe Sevigny could come back! Though her part was small in Asylum, she was stunning in all of her scenes! Zachary Quinto would be a welcome addition as well.

14. Jared Munson says:

So you’re saying I should give up hope for Vegas season 2

15. Reading about Jessica Lange’s role, all I can keep thinking about is Joan Crawford’s Monica Rivers in “Berserk”.

And I’m sorely disappointed in the Michael Chiklis casting. Ughck.

16. R.O.B. says:

This show gets more credit than it deserves. I’m sorry – I have watched all three seasons so far, and they consistently sacrifice plot for gore and shock value. Some of the stories go nowhere or are completely ungrounded in reality (it does supposedly take place in the real world, right?). I have been completely ruined by Hannibal – terrific story and acting, and the cinematography (and even the gore) is high art compared to the shlock that is AHS. Too many shows to watch now – AHS is being relegated to “some point in the future on Netflix”.