Mistresses Exclusive: Revenge's Justin Hartley Joins Season 2 Cast as Love Interest for [Spoiler]

JUSTIN HARTLEY MistressesHere’s hoping Justin Hartley‘s new role comes with a safe word.

The actor, who just wrapped up a stint romancing Gabriel Mann’s Nolan on Revenge, is joining ABC’s summer sudser Mistressess in a potentially kinky recurring role.

RELATED | Punky Brewster’s Soleil Moon Frye to Guest Star on Mistresses

Hartley will play Scott, a new love interest for Jes Macallan’s Joss.

“He’s the nicest plastic surgeon in Los Angeles with a teeny tiny fetish… just enough to keep someone like Joss interested,” teases executive producer Rina Mimoun. “He gets Joss to do the one thing she never thought she’d ever do.”

Back in January, prior to Hartley’s casting, Mimoun hinted that Scott’s introduction would lead Joss to teeter on the precipice of falling in love for the very first time. “This begs the question,” Mimoun added, “how will she screw it up?”

In late February, Hartley also booked a role on ABC’s comedy pilot Damaged Goods, from Awkward creator Lauren Iungerich, in which he’ll play a “smart and egotistical” attorney beaten out for a promotion by his girlfriend.

Stoked about Hartley joining the already preternaturally attractive Mistresses cast? Sound off in the comments!

1. Kaycee says:

Yes! I can see them having sizzling chemistry.

2. Ian says:

What woman couldnt a man that looks like Justin Hartley tame?

I’m getting a little concerned now though that the show could lose what made it so brilliantly addictive and interesting despite its ridiculousness with all the men they seem to be bringing in this season. They need to continue to concentrate on the storylines and the feel of the show and not overdo it with man craziness.

3. Lynn says:

I like this, but I wish they’d bring Alex back. I liked her and Joss together. And I’m confused as to why they’re skipping ahead eight months and have to hide Alyssa’s pregnancy when they had an easy solution before. LOL.

4. ChicagoDan says:

Remind me again why REV let JH go? After all the build up, etc., Victoria’s son, Nolan BF, he was dumped? Anyone know the backstory why?

• Iakovos says:

I have same questions. Would have been nice to see Victoria torn between her two battling sons for the long term as she tries to safeguard her family from all Emily tosses her way. And I kind of liked the Bates-like dynamic Victora and Patrick had going, too.

5. ChicagoDan says:

In the alternative, air it tonight at 10 and move Intelligence to CSI (R) slot. Who knows it could perk up there. I still think Intelligence is being hurt by TBL/Castle. Granted Intelligence only has a slim chance of renewal, but it could come back as a mid-season entry next year. Crazier things have happened (Unforgettable).

6. sarah says:

Yes! I am loving him for her love interest!

7. Jana says:

Um didn’t he get cast as the lead on one of their pilots?

8. mara says:

Justin is not a great actor but will have powerful friends! CW Network has in fact FLOP.

9. DD says:

I am personally tired of this actor. I’ve already watched him on Passions, Smallville, and Revenge. I liked him on Smallville as the Green Arrow.
    And I watch Mistresses, but am not too happy since I’m sort of sick of his acting.

10. ChrisGa says:

I’ve loved JH in everything he’s been in…except Revenge. Just didn’t seem to connect with that character or the other cast members IMO.

11. Elyse says:

12. we need him back on revenge he belongs on revenge

13. Nolan and Patrick romance isn’t over Justin Hartley we need him back on revenge he belongs on revenge

14. Justin Hartley was the greatest sexiest gay guy that they ever had on Revenge. Victoria
    needs Patrick.

Justin fits in with the Mistresses….. I’m sure he could make all the ladies happier
    between the sheets