USA Network Orders New Series Complications and Rush, Starring Jason O'Mara and Tom Ellis

USA Network Orders Rush ComplicationsIs this the answer to, “What will I watch when Psych and White Collar are gone?”

USA Network on Friday announced the pick-up of two new drama series, Complications and Rush, in tandem with greenlighting the previously reported sixth, final and shortened season of White Collar.

RELATED | Covert Affairs Casts Body of Proof Alum as Annie’s New Romantic Interest

From Burn Notice creator Matt Nix, Complications stars Irishman Jason O’Mara (Terra Nova, Life on Mars) as John Ellis, a disillusioned suburban ER doctor who finds his existence transformed when he intervenes in a drive-by shooting, saving a young boy’s life and killing one of his attackers. When Ellis learns the boy is still marked for death, he discovers that his own life – and his outlook on medicine – may never be the same.

Rush meanwhile stars Welsh actor Tom Ellis (Miranda, Gates) as Hollywood physician William Rush, who is described as “not your average on-call doctor.” Rush is highly discreet no matter what the ailment, as long as the client can pay his cash-only premium. The hard-partying, large-living doc has no desire to change his life or how he lives it, until an old flame and his conscience begin to stir things up.

Among its other new offerings, USA Network this summer will launch the Untitled Sean Jablonksi series starring Matt Passmore (The Glades), while late 2014 brings the premiere of the event series Dig, starring Jason Isaacs (Awake) and Anne Heche (Save Me), from creators Tim Kring (Heroes) and Gideon Raff (Homeland).

1. linda says:

boring. well at least now i can have a life outside of tv. oh and suits..

• bluefairy says:

Ditto! I’ve been trying to reduce the time I spend watching TV, and while my favorite shows are slowly heading towards the finish line, the new pilots make this quite easy :))

2. GhostWolf says:

The network has lost its touch in picking up potentially long-running series.

3. DavidSask says:

Why is USA so obsessed with Doctor shows, enough already?!

4. Jon says:

Can’t we have a hard-partying doctor, without the flame and the conscience? I’d watch that.

• Ram510 says:

My thoughts exactly!
      These sound like a wannabe Burn Notice and Royal Pains, not interested. USA needs to figure out how to recapture the magic they once had

5. Amy says:

I love Jason O’Mara and nobody deserves a hit more than him….the blurb doesn’t seem very exciting though….maybe it will be spiced up before it airs!

6. Amie says:

I hope that means Jason O’Mara is never going to appear on THE GOOD WIFE again. Hated his character and everything to do with his character.

• Tenney says:

WOW, I completely forgot about him on The Good Wife. Not that I miss him on TGW, (which I don’t cause I hated the character), but what ever happened to his character? Did they show him going away and I missed it?

7. Chris says:

At least I won’t have to worry that Jason O’Mara will show up on Good Wife again. USA had a formula for success — why would they think people are tired of it?

8. Sarah says:

Soooo….does this mean Mary chooses Charles Blake?!?!!!

9. Dave says:

Monk, Dead Zone, Suits, White Collar, Burn Notice, Covert Affairs — great shows. Now we get trash just like the other networks. Brainless shows like sirens – so dumb that they can’t even get the laugh track to work. What a waste of talent.

10. Will says:

YESSS!!! If this means Jason O’Mara will never return to The Good Wife, then I completely approve!!

11. marcia lowe says:

Tom Ellis ….I am so excited!! Can’t wait to see Rush. If you don’t know Tom’s work,
    he’s a wonderful actor and easy to look at as well ! Good job USA Network!

12. Pat says:

USA is going down the toilet

13. Kayla says:

My love affair is waning with every show that is cancelled because nothing new sounds good at all.

14. maggie says:

None of USA’s new shows sounds interesting. They used to do the kind of shows that you couldn’t find on other networks, but are getting rid of those and replacing them with boring shows. Stylish, witty, off-beat, were words that you could have used to describe USA shows. Now, USA is putting on the same stuff you can find anywhere else. Interesting characters are no longer welcome at USA.

• mave says:

Indeed, started watching Psych ages ago and more recently picked up the rest of the great USA shows Burn Notice, Covert Affairs, Royal Pains, White Collar and Suits. I hope the shows are better than what they seem on paper, like just wannabee Royal Pains.

• Gail says:

Best of USA – Burn Notice and Suits. As Maggie said, WITTY – those shows had/have snappy dialogue, ironic humor. Everything else is leaden.

15. DL says:

Is it just me, or in that picture does Tom Ellis look a ton like Jon Bernthal?

16. chris says:

Casting Jason O’Mara seems to be the kiss of doom for any series. He’s never had a series last more than one season. Wonder why they keep casting him?

17. Zach says:

Apparently, Rush is amazing. Highest testing pilot from 20th/Fox21/FTVS in 20 years.

18. christine Ireland says:

USA had become my ” have to watch” network.
    Suits, Royal Pains, White Collar, Covert Affairs, Burn Notice ect…One network with original scripts & talent.Provocative adult viewing without sinking to the all too common smut!
    Seems the powers that be at this network have decided to self destruct. WHY??
    May need to change channel to the CW! Although scripted for younger viewer seems their dedicated to building original alternatives.
    USA conduct some covert affairs to prevent royal pains when the collar workers create necessary roughness and you need to call in the suits for your BURN NOTICE!!!

19. Fran says:

I agree so tired of poor rich doctor shows. I miss the glades, but that was going down hill with the marriage, instead of sticking to the crime story. And that Todd guy I can’t get past the commercials too. USA has been my go to TV station but it is going down the tubes.

20. Tom Kohls says:

The second one “rush sounds awful..it sounds 1st too much like royal pains..but , when do we ever get something differant. Rich, famous, outside the realm of reality. How about clever, surprising, and maybe actually about real people who don’t fifgt crime for a living,..doctors, lawyers, police and spies..on my,,, so predictable!