Gotham Reveals First Look at Young Catwoman

Fresh off the reveal of Donal Logue as Detective Harvey Bullock, Fox on Friday released the first image of another iconic Gotham character — and this one’s got claws!

RELATED | Holy Gotham! Fox’s James Gordon Series Will Include Bruce Wayne, Penguin, Riddler, Others

We’re talking, of course, about Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle, the young girl destined to grow up and become Catwoman, the anti-hero Batman will love to hate.

Gotham‘s Selina is a young orphan/pickpocket, described as “wholly unpredictable” and “dangerous when cornered.” Sounds about right.

Does Bicondova’s Selena meet your expectations? Check ‘er out below, then head to the comments section with your thoughts.

Catwoman Gotham

1. Johno says:

Nickelodeon presents Catgirl.

2. Sara says:

The buildings in the picture behind her make her look like she has cat ears. I wonder if they did that on purpose.

3. A.Rae says:

Meh. I think the implied cat ears are a little much, but otherwise promising.

4. Kaycee says:

Wow she looks so much like Michelle Pfeiffer! Especially if you look on google images.

5. l says:

She’s too old for this time frame.. Selina should be younger than Bruce.

6. Tony Baker says:

I find myself wanting to watch this show less and less.

7. CK says:

It’s it odd that I don’t get this show at all. I get the appeal and I love the gotham universe. I just don’t really see the purpose of certain things such as the inclusion of a young Selina Kyle. I feel like it is going to be “name a cop show” in Gotham, and let’s be honest, that didn’t work that well initially with Agents of Shield. Idk I hope it works, but I feel like they are playing up the batman angle a bit much on a show, where he for all intents and purposes doesn’t exist yet outside of some epic foreshadowing.

• abc87 says:

Yes, a younger Batman exists in this show and looking at set picture we see him at the scene where his parents were killed.

• abc87 says:

Edit: Bruce Wayne instead of Batman

• CK says:

Yeah, that’s the thing. He exists as a kid. Not as the superhero everyone’s come to know and love. The same goes for Catwoman and most of the villains that really came into their prominence during Bruce Wayne’s later years. It will probably be a good show, but I feel like it’s just going to be a case of the week procedural w/ a Gotham skin.

8. Dhppy says:

She could also play a young Jackie O. Or Priscilla Presley.

9. DeeKayTee says:

Has anyone noticed how much she looks like a young Amy Irving???

• Stacy says:

Didn’t think about it, but you nailed it! Well, I guess we know who should play her dead mom. ;)

• Lisa Ray says:

I agree with you, but the person who said she looks like Michelle pfeiffer was high as ever! Yeah right?! In what universe? None! Ever!

10. shamangrrl says:

Who the heck is taking/editing these pictures? Composition is off, airbrushing is excessive, perspective is skewed (and not in an interesting/innovative way)… So far, both pictures get an F, and actually make me *much* less excited for the show.

11. Niejan says:

Photoshop FOX level. Terrible.

12. Grind Time says:

This show looks interesting FOX usually has good ideas for shows but they always muck their shows up one way or another then cancel the show which is sad only time will tell how everything plays out

• alistaircrane says:

Umm, Fringe. People seem to forget Fox let that show air for 5 seasons (!) when its ratings clearly didn’t warrant it.

• abc87 says:

Yeah, I was grateful to Fox for giving Fringe a 5th Season to allow it to complete its story

• S. says:

Its Fox. Fringe was fine and then the suits at Fox had to muck it up and the quality fell. I am looking forward to this, at least a great first year. After that Fox will screw it up like they do every show, if they even allow a second season. This show should have been on the CW at least. Arrow proves that at least someone over there knows what they are doing.

13. captain says:

Hey I reallllly dont care how they became what we know them as ,and I think it be a long drawn out story

14. Mark says:

The problem I have with Gotham is who has the rights to what between CW and Fox in the DC verse(Arrow,Flash,Gotham) — with Harley Quinn a Batman villain appearing in arrow. the scope for cross over is huge so who owns what and does CW still own the rights to all the smallville characters for future use in either the Arrow or Flash or are they up for graps in Gotham by Fox. As Birds of Prey which airs next week on Arrow much of there storyline from the comics takes place in Gotham with batman and if they go down the route of the teen titans who we have already met two of in Arrow that involves a number of batman characters. This needs to be clarified so the fans of these shows aren’t left disappointed… Or am I the only one that sees this as a clash….

15. Jim Labruno says:

Not attractive at all. What are they thinking

16. I hope this show lasts five years so we can see her become Catwoman.

17. Coal says:

Like most pop culture junkies, people hear ‘Gotham’ and they will immediately expect to see Batman fighting crime every week, in a similar way as people expected Agents of SHIELD to the Avengers. The idea is a good one, but it won’t succeed. Network Tv doesn’t really cater will to this, the success of The Walking Dead won’t be easily replicated.

• nate says:

what the hell does this have to do with TWD? absoluetly NOTHING. so instead of saying “IT WONT SUCCEED”. why dont u just wait to watch the damn show

18. tazzy says:

She looks like a young Helena Bonham Carter……

19. mandi says:

she’s an amazing dancer her dance name is cam cam she’s on 8flavahz

20. MissMel says:

Every time I read the comments sections on articles like this I’m so glad I’m not a comic book nerd. It must suck to be such a stickler for “canon” that you can’t allow yourselves to enjoy anything new. I love super heroes and I know the basic back story on most of the major players but I’m not SO involved in it that I need everything to line up exactly. Who cares if Selena Kyle is the same age as Bruce Wayne or not? Who cares if this character shouldn’t have met that character because the time line is wrong? If the show is well written and tells a good story, can’t you just enjoy it for what it is?

• john says:

I am a comic book nerd but I’m willing to accept that tv needs to change things up in order for it to work on the screen, Hell I’m just glad to see superheroes on tv and the big screen.

• Jellymoff says:

Thank you. These characters have been interpreted in so many different ways throughout the years in comics, TV, movies, etc. These are new interpretations of the story. I am an avid comic book reader but can enjoy a good story with these characters and don’t need it to match exactly what I read in a comic book. Heck, there are some great non-canon comic stories that are considered legendary.