Exclusive

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Blacklist, Mentalist, Glee, NCIS, Scandal, Once, S.H.I.E.L.D. and More

Blacklist Spoilers Mentalist ScandalIs there a method to The Blacklist‘s madness? Who’s meddling with a Mentalist romance? Is Glee ready to raise the curtain? What’s the deal with Once Upon a Time‘s Neal? Read on for answers to those questions plus teases from other shows.

RELATED | Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? On the Bubble?

Something has been floating around my slightly-larger-than-average-sized noggin: Who is No. 1 on the eponymous Blacklist? Will we know by the end of the season? Also, is the numbering of the Blacklist significant at all, or arbitrary? –Ryan
I virtually hand-delivered your query to EP Jon Bokenkamp, and he responded: “I wish I could say yes, that we will discover No. 1 on the Blacklist this year, but unfortunately that’s not the case; Red has a much larger endgame in mind, and we won’t get there this year. That said, there is a methodology behind the rankings on the list and we will reveal a some larger truths about the names on the Blacklist before the end of the season.”

When will Funny Girl finally premiere on Glee? And any news about Sue and/or Schue relocating to NYC? –Colleen
When we spoke to Lea Michele at Tuesday night’s 100th-episode soiree, she shared, “We’re shooting [Funny Girl's] opening night right now, and a lot of the original cast members come back to see Rachel” – apparently Sue included. “I am shooting an episode now, and Sue is in New York,” Jane Lynch said. “I probably shouldn’t tell you how she gets there, but I will say that she falls in love and it’s a lot of fun. She does some ‘Sue’s Corner’s when she gets home, because she’s changed by New York.”

RELATED | Glee Vet Addresses Exit Rumors: ‘People Take Little Things and Blow Them Up’

I’ll take anything you have on The Mentalist. Really. Anything. The tiniest, most microscopic bit of scoop. — Tea
You know how we’re going to meet Lisbon’s new romantic interest, Agent Pike (played by Graceland’s Pedro Pascal), in the March 30 episode? Well, Jane in a manner of speaking will come between those prospective lovebirds from the get-go. Because just as Lisbon begins sharing sparks with her new colleague, she and Jane will be sent undercover as a pretend couple, to nab a team of murderous art thieves.

Matt, can you give Mentalist fans anything on Lisbon’s new beau, Marcus Pike? –Shena
How about an exclusive photo of those two smitten kids?
The Mentalist Lisbon Pike

I’d ask for a scoop on The Mentalist, but you never give us anything anymore, so….. –Salome
Painfully true.

I really enjoyed NCIS‘ 250th episode, but one person was noticeably absent — Vance! I couldn’t believe Rocky Carroll wasn’t in it. When will he be back? –Sandra
Rest assured that Vance will be back next week in “Crescent City, Part 1″ aka the opener of the two-part planted NCIS: New Orleans spin-off, for some integral scenes with Gibbs and Special Agent Pride (played by Scott Bakula).

RELATED | CBS Renews NCIS, Good Wife, Two and a Half Men, Mom, Five-0, Blue Bloods and 12 Others

Do you have anything for us NCIS: LA/Densi fans? –Krisztina
When I spoke with Barrett Foa and Renée Felice Smith (aka Eric and Nell), they confirmed that there will be “some transition issues” when Kensi eventually makes her way back to the States, ones that affect her partnership with Deeks. “Hetty kind of encourages Kensi to stay close to home, in ops,” Smith previewed. “So she and Eric Beale get to share some time together, which gives Nell and Deeks some time together out in the field.”

Can you tell us anything about the Brooklyn Nine-Nine season finale? –Raven
I have four words for you: Home Alone cat Emoji.

Any news on Scandal? More specifically, anything on Harrison or Quinn’s respective storylines? –Alamin
Huck may be “done” with Quinn, but apparently he’s not done with her. The B613 Jedi and his padawan will face off again soon, and things will be intense. (I’m thinking he forgoes the Novocaine again.)

RELATED | Once Upon a Time: Belle’s Adventure, Hook’s Heroic Mission and More Burning Qs Answered

Any clue what is going on with Neal on Once Upon a Time? His fans are worried! –Sara
Patience, dearie. Within the next few episodes, the mystery of what’s been going on with Neal in Storybrooke will be answered.

On Once Upon a Time, is there any chance that Snow and Charmings’ new baby is “Dorothy” in this Oz story? –Tom
Funny, Ginnifer Goodwin told me that she and Josh Dallas have batted around that same theory – though at the time we chatted, they were warming up to the Emma-as-“Dorothy” figure speculation. But through the filming of Episode 18, at least, there have been no hints either way.

RELATED | Adrian Pasdar Joins Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in a Smash-ing, Surprising Role

Do you have any scoop on what’s coming up on Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in their eight remaining episodes, perhaps something Marvel-y? –Andy B
I’m sure I don’t need to tell you this, Andy, but RUN DON’T WALK to see Captain America: Winter Solider (in theaters April 4), which uncorks, as one S.H.I.E.L.D. star told us at the film’s Hollywood screening a “huge tie-in” to the ABC series. And perhaps because of that, “Things go crazy” in the season finale, EP Maurissa Tancharoen said, “and not all survive.”

They’re (likely) going there. At the very least, the two have more scenes together ahead. (Maybe this time they reenact the pottery scene from Ghost?)

A little bird told me that the Major Crimes cast is coming back to work on Monday. Do you have any inside info on Season 3? –Ilona
Ugh, Sharon’s back. No, not Raydor. (We love her.) I’m talking about Rusty’s other “mother.”

Anything on Season 2 of Orphan Black? –Leia
The Season 2 premiere is, as expected, bananas in all the best ways, quickly bringing us up to speed on (in this order) Sarah, Rachel, Cosima and Allison (whom I possibly heart more than ever). Also, by the end of the hour, there will be a new addition to the “Clone Club” team.

I’ve seen recent promo pictures of George and Lemon from Hart of Dixie (which returns this Friday at 8/7c). Are they just working together as friends or is their hope that it will turn into more? —Tracie
I can confirm that George and Lemon will find themselves increasingly in each other’s orbit, and there will be flying sparks. I can’t confirm, however, whether they’re sparks of love or sparks of hate.

Please get some scoop on Longmire — anything. –Ucano
The Season 3 premiere, “The White Warrior,” is named for a new recurring character that will be introduced in that episode — a young-looking Native American man dressed in white-grey war paint, whom we first meet as he takes part in an almost-forgotten Cheyenne religious ceremony.

PHOTOS | Arrow ‘Birds of Prey’ First Look: Will Laurel Learn Her Sister Sara’s Super Secret?

I absolutely loved last night’s episode of Arrow. The Suicide Squad was great to see. Is there any chance it could have been a quiet backdoor pilot? –Rick
I like and share your thinking, but with The Flash destined to race onto our screens in the fall, I’d put a pin in any further spin-off plans. Yet as hinted in last night’s final scene, Deadshot et al shall return. “I don’t want to spoil too much where we’re headed,” EP Marc Guggenheim says, ” but you haven’t seen the last of Amanda, and you haven’t seen the last of the Suicide Squad.”

Will there be any appearances by Gotham City characters on Arrow? –Saif
I’m going to answer with an unqualified, “Not as long as this is around, buddy!”

Any scoop on Switched at Birth? –Darla
When we spoke to Max Adler, he warned of “some rocky times ahead for Tank and Bay,” ultimately leading to an event that will “leave your jaw dropped and is very shocking and heartbreaking for one of the characters…. What happens in the finale is pretty gut-wrenching stuff.” Eep.

Real questions, real answers. If you need the Inside Line, email InsideLine@tvline.com!

1. SandraM says:

Thanks so much for answering my question. I have really missed Vance this season, great to hear he will finally be back next week. Now maybe some of the OTHER regulars will get a little more screen time than they have been.

2. VANCE IS BACK! finally! We’ve really missed him this season. I was starting to think he was being moved off the show. So looking forward to seeing him. Hope to see more of Ducky and Abby as well.

• Britt says:

This! They just made Vance disappear

As a 250th episode, NCIS was kind of lackluster. I hope it gets better.

• Mel says:

Rocky Carroll is only contracted for a certain number of episodes each season, so this is nothing new. Last season, he was MIA in the majority of the first part of the season, then had a bigger role in the second. That’s the nature of his and Brian Dietzen’s roles, as per their contracts.
        And personally, I enjoyed the 250th episode very much. I especially enjoyed all the Tony and Sr. scenes, as Michael Weatherly and Robert Wagner have such a special chemistry together.

• flootzavut says:

I’d actually love to see Rocky around more – I think he’s really underrated as an actor – but I can imagine lots of actors wouldn’t want to take on the punishing schedule of being on every episode if it was offered them.

• KeithH says:

“Rocky Carroll is only contracted for a certain number of episodes each season…” — in the past, it has been 18 episodes… they do 24 a season – so obviously he’s not in all of ‘em.

• Kathleen says:

When I look at Tony and his Dad ( on the show ), They look like they could be father and son in real life. I love watching those 2 together. Great chemistry and great actors. They have wonderful timing and make their scenes feel real to me. I have always been a Robert Wagner fan and of course who doesn’t love Michael Weatherly. The one thing that I have always liked about NCIS is the humor that is thrown in with the drama. I love the whole cast.

• Erin says:

I loved the 250th episode, but it didn’t get much publicity which surprised me. Now this potential NOLA spin off seems to be getting lots of spoilerish fanfare from the NCIS PR. I guess they really care about its success.

• LA Hope says:

OMG. Vance is sooooo boring and I was really glad he didn´t appear in the 250th ep!
      But I like Bishop pretty much, and she´s really funny :-D And I don´t want Ziva back, but Jenny.

• flootzavut says:

I think bringing Jenny back would be a tall order, unless they had a flashback episode or she was a ghost. I did always get the impression that Lauren Holly left very much under her own steam, so doubt she would want to be back as a regular anyway.

3. Tracie says:

I’m really excited for the upcoming George and Lemon stuff in Hart of Dixie. I really liked them together in season 1. Even if it never goes anywhere, they play off of each other very well so the scenes should be fun to watch.

4. tiffanie says:

Glad Hart of Dixie is back and hope it does better on fridays so It doesn’t get canned. Hope they get back on track and get rid of Joel

• ... says:

Zade sucks.

• ferozah says:

have to agree about Joel. Please let George rather get it on with her than Joel. Seeing that Wade is doing well in his relationship with cousin.

• WingsStef says:

It took a while but I have warmed up to Joel. He makes some of the funnest snide remarks sometimes and his friendship with Wade is funny. I do like Wade with Vivian. I was a fan of Zoe & Wade. I also love George. Also intrigued since Lemon is back. Keep in mind the Lavon is single again since he broke up with Annabeth. It’s going to be interesting. I am not giving the show up yet!

• Brandy says:

HoD will probably be renewed for syndication

5. Tav says:

If The Mentalist gets canceled and they’ve run out the clock with Lisbon and that nobody instead of getting her and Jane together… blood will rain.

• Gerry says:

I so agree, what something to happen with Jane and Lisbon.

• zaza says:

Yes, can we at least see a jealous Jane?!

• VB says:

I have to agree that it would be very disappointing if they ignore that tension and do nothing with it.

• LA Hope says:

Sooo right. I don´t want the show to be canceled, but really, if there isn´t gonna be any Jisbon soon… No good :-D

• GildedRose says:

Seriously. I was totally fine with giving Mentalist some rope to run and see how they reshaped the show after Red John came to a close but Jane constantly on the screen with new people while Cho and Lisbon stand around getting very very little screen time, let alone cases with Jane, has started to wear very thin. I’ll give them an episode or two more but if you asked me right now, I’d say I was done being patient and waiting for this to get better.

6. zoyarose says:

So excited to see Vance back on screen….he has certainly been missed very much! :)

• LA Hope says:

Missing Vance? Two words that do not fit together.
      Sorry, but he is really terrible, Jenny was soooooooo much better. <3

• Alisa Neely says:

sorry, i disagree….she put the agency at RISK for revenge to do with her father….she didn’t CARE what happened to her agents, as long as the FROG WAS DEAD….and she tried to USE her past with gibbs, to get what she wanted……because of HER, tony almost got sent to prison for a murder he didn’t do….nearly got BLOWN to HELL, during his under-cover op for her…..as much, as i didn’t and still don’t in some ways….i’ll TAKE vance over shepard any day.

• flootzavut says:

YMMV, but Vance is a much more realistic character. Jenny was heading for being indicted if they hadn’t killed her off, using the agency as her own weapon for vengeance.

I loved that they cast a woman as an agency director, but what they then did with her character was poor. Every stereotype of a woman being too emotional to wield power. A shame, because her character had a lot of potential and there were some great story lines in her seasons, but overall that character was a mess.

• JC says:

I agree with you. The whole Frog storyline was a mess, and using Tony to run a private undercover op? I’m not even that much of a Tony fan, but I had no use for Jenny after that. And I always hated her relationship with Gibbs. I would have liked to have had a female director, but Jenny wasn’t it. I like the new SecNav better.

• Patricia says:

I too thought Jenny was a weak and somewhat insulting character as a woman who had risen to power. It seemed implied that she kissed ass and slept her way to her position. I found the Gibbs/Jenny flashbacks and flirting a little cringe worthy. Then they gave us super/tragic wonder Mossad Barbie. Yikes!!! She was just kind of embarrassing. I like, more than dislike the character of Bishop, but I’m irritated with the writers seem to be avoiding writing Tony as a great and relevant agent now that Gibbs has a new female agent. It seems like the writers aren’t allowed to make any male agents, and in particular Tony, seem brave, heroic, or competent, in order that Gibbs must always be the only truly outstanding male, but it’s okay to allow a woman to out do everyone. This is weird and slightly cheesy and patronizing to women, writing to me. And poor Tony, and poor Tony fans. We are doomed to an interior and bubble bath taking Tony, instead of the wonderful, quirky, funny, and fabulous character that Don P. Bellasario created.

• Dowager Countess says:

Amen amen Patricia!! I’m very glad to hear at least one person say what I’ve said & even thought when I didn’t go to the trouble to post! Jenny bad for the show everything you said true true, sick of “Mossad Wonder Barbie” I believe you put it & most excellently said! I like
            the new gal who doesn’t know, doesn’t seem to have to know everything, realizes she’s not perfect but trying to learn, keep up, adds when & what she is uniquely suited to do! Also, agree they need to stop emasculating Tony & even McGee just to make Gibbs the super hero, no one’s THAT SUPER, Not a huge fan of Rocky’s character but he’s mos def better than than the suck up Jenny! Liked the first director & Sec Nev better than later persons in that role but his niece made me want to barf in the old eighties way of saying it “gag me with a spoon” then to try to hook her up with Tony yuck & yuck again! Glad to know a few other people out there who are fans of the show see it’s demise when Bellisario was pushed out!!!

7. Jennifer says:

Neal in Storybrooke? Is that a slip up or a clue? (Or both?)

• WingsStef says:

I might have to finally catch up… LOL

• Freddie says:

He’s probably the hooded figure walking around in SB in the promo, as usual Neal is just standing around and doing nothing as usual lol

• Stormy says:

Neal has fans? Inconceivable!

• SOL says:

Maybe fans from Rumplestilskin or something coz he is his daddy and also coz he is LittleBae, but woah at the dis-connect of that, and before anyone says the writers dont give him anything, we know OUAT are talented and i feel they wrote Neal like this on purpose and Emma and Neal thing (something thats not good for Emma, certainly doesnt build her up) – that he isnt and wasnt meant to be much imo. Probably coz he is also Henry’s daddy that they feel for him or something i dont know. Like i said not a standalone or fighting figure. I mean last episode all he did was shout incoming at a flying monkey like the rest of didnt see it coming which they did lol and dude got knocked over lol

• Katie says:

Dude. Learn to type. If you’re going to go around hating on a character, it makes you sound much more intelligent if you use proper grammar, and, you know, if your sentences make actual sense. As for me, I’m so glad Neal will be back soon. Definitely not a fan of Captain Swan.

• zumpie says:

Well all two of them are about to be very disappointed!

• Joey says:

I read that as, “Well, I don’t like Neal, which means no one must like Neal. OMG I must be three and a half years old to come up with this synaptic misfire!”

• 1543 says:

A lot of fans. He’s a great character.

• Doing nothing? He found a way to go back to Emma and Henry in Neverland and if it wasn’t for him everyone would be stuck in Neverland forever and THEY’d have a debt to Rumple for the potion he gave Charming.

• Lily says:

@Freddy: That hooded figure looks like a woman, and is probably the Wicked Witch.

8. Aries says:

Finally some scoop on how Glee probably is getting Sue to NY! I love that character!!!

9. Leia says:

Thank you so much for answering my Orphan Black question. Alison, too, is my favourite clone, so it is good to hear about her awesomeness expanding.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Love. Her. She has this scene where…. well, you’ll see.

• Aimee says:

Let me echo the thank you for the Orphan Black scoop! Allison is my favorite clone too. It was a close race between her and Cosima but after the episode with the garbage disposal…

• Jax says:

So excited for season 2 of OB!!! Put another one in the Allison clone fan club. Cosima has a special place in my heart but if I was forced to chose with a gun to my head (or my scarf in the sink) I would pick that crazy soccer mom.

10. SanJoseGirl says:

Finally a new Mentalist scoop, much appreciated!! Thanx. Well, sounds interesting. Hope it doesn’t turn out cliché, Jane and Lisbon undercover as a married couple. Kind of reminds me of fanfiction! :D But whatever, I love Jane and Lisbon together, although I’m not a Jisbon shipper necessarily. Can’t wait for their undercover mission though, maybe I start shipping them afterwards. Who knows…… Oh, and by the way, don’t cancel the show, give it a better time slot!

• zaza says:

i really wonder why they had Jane work so hard to get Lisbon in the FBI and then they constantly push her off to the side so he can have scenes with Fisher, whom nobody seems to like. Why didn’t they just write off Lisbon, if they are not going to continue to have her partner with Jane. They have way better chemistry than Jane and Fisher.

• SanJoseGirl says:

Totally agree, there is NO chemistry between Jane and Fisher. Don’t want Lisbon out of the show. What I really want is the “old” Mentalist back in Sacramento, the CBI unit with Cho, Van Pelt and Rigsby. Sorry, but Austin, Abbott and Fisher suck.

• LA Hope says:

Yep, really FF-like :-D But I am a real Jisbon-Shipper, and I hope the two will be together. Though I have to admit, I like Fisher, but I can´t stand her with Jane…

11. Ilona says:

Thank You for answering my question about MajorCrimes, that show deserve some TvLine love in time to time! This is huge! Sharon Beck will be cast?! OMG cant wait for more news about it! thanks again Matt!

• ljd213 says:

Good job asking the question, Ilona and getting such a great answer. It’ll be interesting to see who is cast and how long she’ll be around….

Glad to see Major Crimes getting some major attention.

12. ruahticsn says:

Woo hoo Kensi back in OPS! That’ll be fun to see her and Eric while Deeks and Nell are in the field!

• flootzavut says:

I’m definitely totally up for Kensi/Eric and Deeks/Nell… Sounds like it’ll be interesting. I think exploring Kensi’s feelings being in ops while Deeks is out in the field and in danger will potentially be really good.

13. Sebastian says:

That second arrow question, the answer is wrong-ish. Last night’s episode had someone that had better be Harley. Unless that just means she won’t appear.

• Dr. M says:

Agreed. That was no doubt meant to be Harley, that means the Joker exists as does Batman.
      Maybe we’ll be lucky and they won’t pick up Gotham?

• Isobel says:

yeah, I’d go for her not appearing and just being an awesome cameo, unless Jeremy from Vampire diaries Nightwing comment to Arrow writers means Nightwing can appear and some batman characters can be used by CW? I have no idea which characters DC gave to which tv network…

14. kirads09 says:

Thanks for the question and answer re Blacklist. I have wondered the exact same thing about the numbering and if it was important.

15. J says:

Yay for the Mentalist scoop and more scoop! Thsnks, Matt! I am so looking forward to this ep-should be a lot of fun.

16. Ian says:

Well jeez! Bay’s feelings for and her relationship with Tank are clearly nothing compared to what she has with Emmett or Ty, and we see her rekindling with Emmett in a pretty epic way in that preview. So I wish I knew what point Tank still has. If they can break up but remain friends, how are rocky times in store for them? Or is she still stringing him along the rest of the season?

I won’t lie though. I really just need for Max to have room in his schedule for possible Glee appearances, for say if Chris brings Dave back in the episode he’s writing.

I’d be eternally grateful if Matt or Michael – if you guys would ask around again if Dave might ever return. Maybe not ask Brad Falchuk, lol, but definitely Ryan Murphy and Chris. Please.

17. Daniel says:

Come on, can’t you give us a real scoop on NCIS? Like, something we don’t know already?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

My apologies, Daniel, but Vance’s MIA status was (and rightfully so) the hottest NCIS topic in the mailbag this week.

• Daniel says:

I understand and I’ve also missed Vance in the last couple of episodes. But when I saw the promo for next week’s episode I knew he was gonna be in it.

• KyMel says:

Whether one was pro or anti Tiva, no one can deny the spoilers & posts were a lot more exciting last season. Controversy = excitement & buzz. I believe I actually miss the bickering :)

18. Zorkel says:

You rock Matt. I literally sent in the Suicide Squad question only an hour or two ago, and you answered it already. Just gonna hope to see them get their own show someday.

19. Gerald says:

PLEASE Tell me Shue is not moving to New York. He is the worst written character on Glee and that is saying a lot. The best episodes are Shue free.

• Isobel says:

I presume since his wife has tenure in Lima that they would be staying and starting a family there, I guess its open that he can have the money to fly to New York whenever he wants, they generally don’t question potholes in the show unless Sue bring it up

20. Drew says:

The “Emma as Dorothy” theory doesn’t make sense… She should be Auntie Em. Which means that something happens in which her sibling (unborn at this point) grows up and has a kid that Emma takes care of.

Then again, Dorothy’s uncle was named Henry. So… hmmm…

21. J. says:

I want to see more Neal soon! Did Zelena turn him into a monkey too? Will he and Belle go find Rumple in episode 15 – Quiet Minds?

• Jeff says:

And even if she did turn him, would anyone notice?

• Freddie says:

Neal is useless honestly as a character, cannot even say he is a standalone character. I seriously think he again as usual made bad choices, and his lack of doing anything and somehow connected to this new curse, that he somehow had something to do with it, i wouldnt surprised me if he did. Selfish i guess.

• Rachel says:

What would he have to gain from having everyone lose memories of the past year? Just saying he’s stupid (which I don’t agree with, by the way) doesn’t give enough evidence that he would do something evil. And what stupid choices has he made in the past?

• Rachel says:

Yes, they would. He has fans too, just like every character on this show. It’s not our fault he hasn’t been given a lot to work with.

• Joey says:

All of this “No one likes Neal” is complete BS. Try shoving it elsewhere. It doesn’t work here.

• Katie says:

Emma already did notice his absence.

• Isobel says:

I presume he joins up with Belle to find Rumple, apparently they’ll emphasise Belle as an intellectual heroine more, which I’m open to

22. Dav says:

So someone’s going to die on SHIELD huh? I’m guessing this is the usual bait and switch when they play up the fact that someone big is going to die and then it’s just a background character that was only introduced in that episode. Plus, the only team member who’s death would get me excited is Sky and we know they won’t kill her since they already had their chance. So…sorry ABC. Still not coming back to that show.

• aw says:

… OR they “teen wolf” us and it is Clark Gregg himself…

• Mike says:

Sorry, but if they kill off Coulson (again), I’ll stop watching the show. He’s basically the glue that holds the whole thing together. Without him, there’s no reason to continue watching. The movies do fine for me when it comes to superheroes. I watch SHIELD because of Coulson.

• flootzavut says:

Plus, I think killing he poor guy off twice would just be cruel.

I may be biased because I love the actor who plays him, too…

• Christina says:

As long as they don’t kill Fitz or Simmons, I’m fine.

• gdv says:

Please no Fitz or Simmons! They’re my favorite characters!! I hope they kill May and can have Colbie Smulders come take her place as second-in-command. (Or cast Maggie Q as another bada** SHIELD agent.) May and Skye are definitely my least favorite characters. I also think Ward is a little boring, though given more stuff to do he could improve.

• Blacklister No.134 says:

No way! May needs stay alive. She is my favorite character followed by Simmons and Coulson. I would vote for Ward to take the bullet if it comes down to that.

• Christina says:

Gonna hop on the Ward death train. I could totally get into a new guy, so long as it’s not that Tripplet dude

• WingsStef says:

Personally it will suck if any of them die since I like them all. I would still watch though. I understand that in major battles sometimes people die on these types of shows. Though I agree, it’s probably not Coulson unless he goes into another hybrid body or Life Model Decoy or whatever really happened in fake Tahiti. I am sure it’s more than just changing his memory. I love May, Fitz-Simmons (ah if they get separated it will be intense) Skye, and Ward. It’s going to be sad. Though as someone mentioned maybe it is in fact a red herring and the death is Agent Sitwell or another recurring character. I wouldn’t be surprised either way.

• Isobel says:

agree those two and Coulson can’t be killed off for me, May I don’t mind sometimes but she could be killed off, Ward and Skye I find boring and I hate how they keep trying to push Skye plot lines, the episodes where she isn’t promoted are usually my favourite

• Carla Krae says:

It’s a Joss Whedon show. Death is his MO.

• Sara says:

Like it really matters who dies. They will just bring them back to life. *yawn*

• kath says:

I agree. The only character who I wouldn’t mind dying is Skye but the writers seem to be so much in love with her, it’s never going to happen. (I cringe every time they foreshadow the Ward/Skye pairing…. hate it.)

The two best characters are Simmons and May, so it better not be either of them.

23. Sara says:

Thank you for answering my question! SO good to see a scoop acknowledging Neal’s existence. Thanks a lot once again Matt!

24. aw says:

why does SAB’s Bay need extra-reasons to break up with Tank? Did she not state repeatedly that it is jut not “it”? What the heck is she doing, giving him or herself opportunity to do sth, that is “gut-wrenching” to the other in the finale?

I find that it is really weird, how indecisive those girls suddenly are.
    Bay is dating sb she already knows isn’t right,but her being cheated on all te time, I get that she does’t really trust herself. But Daphne is undecided for NO apparent reason. I have NO idea why she strung along the wheel-chair-less dude for that long a time.

25. Lenny says:

Enjoying The Blacklist, i am just catching up – right now on episode 11.
    Look forward to Orphan Black
    OUAT – I dont think Emma is Dorothy but i do believe Emma is on her way to finding and getting home, which not just a place but in someone and with someone.
    I got to agree i do not find Neal at all enjoyable to watch or understand him, because i just really find him odd one out from the rest (and sorry to say such a plot device, and definately do not want him with Emma). But i seriously do think he has something to do with the curse and also Rumpel, that bloodline is gonna cause something down the line.
    Anyways these are my thoughts

• Gil says:

Same here.
      I dont think Emma is ending up with him – never was (coz you do not write them like that if they were going to be IT you know lack of belief and lack of hope, lack of trust and lack of doing anything on his part). Story wise and narrative wise its not there and never had been, esp taking in everything Emma has said and feels. And what happened in New York City Serenade episode. And the mega foreshadowing of what Henry said to Emma, Emma;s own thinking and future… and Hook finding her. Thats the direction its going. It all laid it out in that episode, now we just have to see how they get there.

• SOL says:

Personally if they were IT, i doubt they would of needed a triangle to be done, we could of had him and Emma work on their issues but NO… or even didnt need to have him not ever choosing her. But this is what we see and they have written. So never really saw the potential of them, and i really do not want to hear oh Henry will have parents back together. I rather think Emma is important here and what she feels and wants, and who she feels many things with and hope with.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Just one (1) user name per ID address — thank you!

• SOL says:

Forget to say i do agree with the NyCS episode and what it laid down, I think Henry outlined Emma’s journey and somewhat of Hook’s too and Hook is the guy! . So this is what will play out. And thats OUAT do lay it out in from the first episode and then let it play out till we get the results

• Rachel says:

How has Henry outlined Hook’s journey? Or even Emma’s? Friendly reminder that Henry is currently cursed… he doesn’t recall anything from his real life. He’s operating under false memories.

• Joey says:

I find that hilarious since Hook is the biggest fan pandering plot device on the entire show.

• Freddy says:

The most stupidest comment ever. Always the same I see. Pandering crap. The typical pandering seems to be this comment all the time. Lol

• Freddy says:

Henry said about this guy who wants us to be be his home. He wants us. Thats was a indication to think of Hook. Emma was thinking of moving on and thinking about the proposal. She wanted it atleast thinking about it. She was capable of moving on and being in a relationship for 8 months ( doesnt matter he was a monkey) the point is she did and was capable. Giving up Henry was what caused to completly be walled up. But having a set of memories of keeping Henry and making a life is a good thing. It has soften her rough edges. She wants a home, she wants a partner to be added with her and Henry. Foreshadowing and hints were laid. What did ppl learn in NYCS episode…? One man found her and brought her back etc

• Joey says:

Including Neal is fan pandeing? That’s honestly the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. A&E needed to search for a reason to include Hook on the trip to Neverand at the end of S2, and then over the course of not even three days, he’s all of a sudden in love with Emma? Not buying it, because it’s fan pandering at the absolute maximum. You can keep trying to spin it whatever way you want. You’re wrong, get over it.

26. John NYC says:

Ah Deeks and Nell: He’s going to SO learn there are far tougher partners than Kensi!

Nell’s waters are very deep….. and filled with sharks.

27. Azerty says:

The answer for Gotham’s characters on Arrow is very unfortunate. Gotham and Arrow are set in two very different periods of time (the childwood of Bruce and the mid 20’s of Oliver). There were a lot of rumors about Nightwing during season 1 and I was hoping there would be a chance to see him next season.

• Ashbash says:

Gotham City and Arrow being 2 different time periods doesn’t matter. The reason Gotham characters won’t be on Arrow is most likely due to Fox having the TV licensing rights to all Gotham characters. I don’t see Fox wanting to hand over rights to CW for popular characters like robin or nightwing. The show could very well go on for a while

• Azerty says:

Yes I know issues are mainly legal and it probably won’t happen but I think there are few chances to see characters like Robin or Nightwing on Gotham. Even if the show evolves from Gordon’s young years and Bruce’s childwood it would need a lot of time jumps to finally arrive at the moment when Bruce is adult/Batman and even more time to have a grown up Dick Grayson. However I agree Fox would be stupid to hand over the rights to CW. And with the movie Batman vs Superman coming I guess that won’t help either.

28. Will says:

PLEASE tell me Huck kills Quinn.. she’s the most annoying, useless character on the show! Time spent on her is wasted, when it could go to better characters!!

29. Luis says:

I am vibrating so hard waiting for Flash, I might end up in the Earth-2 universe!

30. Thank you soo much for the Mentalist scoop and picture – you really made my day here!!! Can’t wait for that epi to come around!

31. Barb says:

Person of Interest is our favorite show, however, since Carter was killed off it is missing something. I keep telling my husband maybe her death and funeral were faked to keep her safe from HR. Would love to see her character return.

32. JoyAnne says:

I’ll take any info you can get on The Mentalist. The cast are so great together. Happy to see more of Grace and Rigsby. As for the new guy interested in Lisbon. Send him home. Not needed unless as some one said it gets Jane jealous. We need another season of this show that isn’t full of blood and gore. (Which always seems to come on screen just as I’m eating my dinner. Grrrrr) wish they would bring CBI back. How about the state of California telling the FBI you can’t shut our people down. :)

• LA Hope says:

Hey, right! New guy is really unnessecary (don´t know if spelled right), unless he´s making Jane jealous and finally acting on his feelings for Lisbon… <3

33. VB says:

-Thanks for the spoilers, Matt.

-Love THE BLACKLIST and am very eager for answers. I’ve been wondering too whether the numbers were arbitrary or not. Glad to know there’s a reasoning behind it.

-Looking forward to seeing this episode where Jane and Lisbon go undercover as a couple. They used to be my favorite ship until it became quite clear that the writers aren’t really doing anything with them anytime soon (or maybe even at all). With the lack of even the great partnership I’ve started drifting away a bit… But this episode sounds fun and intriguing. Glad to have something to get excited about again. I hope they find their footing again with the reboot and it gets renewed.

-Really enjoy AoS and I have come to enjoy and appreciate every character, so I hate to think of any of them being expendable. I will say that Coulson, May and FitzSimmons are amongst my favorites tho.

-Have a good day, Matt, and thanks again for the spoilers. :)

34. Forwardad says:

Ditto Huck killing Quinn . Need this story to end.

And in no way in the real world would Haley look at Andy.

35. ummm… I didn’t understand the B99 scoop…

36. Mr. J says:

There was a tiny hint of Harley Quinn from last nights Arrow. She offers relationship counseling to Diggle and his lady friend. From the voice over, it sounds like the same voice actor who voices Harley in other DC iterations.

37. Karen says:

has anything been said on a farewell to Papa Gibbs on NCIS

38. I hope Sue (on Glee) does change. It’s so hard to listen to the hate that comes out of her and her minion. I’ve considered quitting that show but wind up staying for the music.

• Aries says:

It would be a nice change to see the softer side of Sue Sylvester. I fear it won’t last long though, especially if she interacts with the NY crew. I for one, can’t wait for all NY! Bring it on!

39. LA Hope says:

Thanks for the spoilers!
    -Hate Vance, so that didn´t make my day, but
    -Jisbon undercover :-D <3 Love them and hope they´ll finally act on their feelings for each other
    -And I the Blacklist is one of the best shows ever :-D besides NCIS and a few others <3

40. Jay says:

I hope Quinn gets the upper hand against Huck when they do face off again. I might be the only one who feels this way. lol

41. Danny says:

Thanks for the spoilers of The Mentalist, Matt! And the picture, of course. I have to admit that I can only see Lisbon in that pic, she’s too gorgeous. Don’t know what to think about this Pike storyline yet, all I hope is that it will end up with Jane (finally) making a move on Lisbon. Can’t help but ship those two with all my heart.

42. Tom Charles says:

People really want to see Haley and Andy? Really? I don’t. Sadly we don’t always get what we want.

43. Alisa Neely says:

when does Longmire return? ….i haven’t seen when that comes back.

44. Onceuponafan says:

Please don’t let Gotham crossover with Arrow! That show has destroyed Green Arrow as it is being basically a Smallville version of GA with Batman as Green Arrow.

45. amicam says:

They’re bringing back Rusty’s mom?? That’s awful news! More on that please??

46. B says:

Oh no, I don’t want any of the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to die, I like them all.

• WingsStef says:

Me either! But I am not surprised either. It better be a good death! I will miss who ever it is, and might cry and scull at my TV for good measure.

47. kay says:

I hope no one is dying on Switched!

48. JB Smooove says:

I laughed out loud when I saw this:

“Please tell me they’re going there with Haley and Andy on Modern Family…? – Andy”

Andy must really want to know if he gets with Haley. HAHA!

49. Sun Tzu says:

Who is the actress on the bottom right hand of this article? She looks very familiar. I am trying to figure out what show she is on.

50. Carol says:

Don’t care about Neal! I love Hook and love him with Emma! George and Lemon? AGAIN? Like it wasn’t boring enough the first time! Give us Zeorge already!

• WingsStef says:

Well some of us do care about Neal. I do like Hook, but not really a fan of the Hook and Emma pairing. I don’t hate either however. I think George and Zoe played their course myself, however you never know what can happen in Blue Bell.