Showtime Moves Masters of Sex Season 2 to Summer, Pairs It With Ray Donovan

masters-of-sex-ray-donovan-blogShowtime is heating up its summer schedule, moving up the second-season premiere of Masters of Sex to early July (vs. early fall) and pairing it with Ray Donovan.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Getting Cancelled? What’s Already Renewed? What’s Still on the Bubble?

Sex, which launched its debut season last fall (where it was paired with Homeland), will now return Sunday, July 13 at 10/9c following the Season 2 premiere of Ray Donovan at 9/8c.

1. wrstlgirl says:

Well this really blows. We can only afford one pay channel at a time and planned to have HBO to watch the final season of True Blood. Guess we’ll have to flip a coin now.

• Leah says:

When you switch back to Showtime shouldn’t you be able to watch the missed MOS expisodes On Demand or something? Personally I would go for Masters because it’s newer and would take longer to get released on DVD than True Blood, I would think!

• wrstlgirl says:

Yeah, I’ll have to chat with the roomie and see what he wants to do. We don’t get On Demand, just basic cable w/dvr and the one additional pay for channel, OD is an additional charge and it’s all just gotten so damn expensive. They seem to raise their rates every three months or so too :-( Maybe we’ll just bite the bullet and go for it. I may not watch Homeland in the fall because I’m really not that interested in it without Brody and if it’s not matched with MOS then that’s even less incentive. So many decisions, LOL :-)

2. Jared says:

Happy to see Masters of Sex is gonna be back sooner rather than later.

3. guy says:

I think it’s definitely deserving of a fall slot (definitely better than Homeland at this point), but it seems like Showtime wants to have it on in the summer as a reminder to Emmy voters. I’m OK with that too.

• Xo says:

that was exactly my thought too… they a lining it up for emmys since if it was off air until fall it would been a year since it started then emmy time comes around with many other shows after… this way it will be hot on the air while the voting is going on! Smart move….

4. Leah says:

Does this mean that HIMYF/D (or whatever it is) won’t affect Nicholas D’Agosto on MoS? I was wondering about that.

5. Haliburton says:

I really don’t understand the appeal of Masters of Sex. It’s just a Mad Men rip-off. I like Liev Schrieber but I didn’t like Ray Donovan.

6. Gjette says:

OMG!! Way to go Show-time. I love these shows and they were the primary reason I added the channel to my cable package. One happy girl:-)

7. Happy Gal says:

Really love both of these shows. So happy they are returning!!!

8. Julieann Seale says:

Oh thank God. Summer viewing this year is soooo bad.

9. Julieann Seale says:

Summer viewing sucks. Thank God!

10. Jake Stevens says:

I like how this article abbreviates the show’s name to “Sex” rather than “Masters”

11. Jerryg says:

When will the dvd’s be released?