Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on HIMYM, Glee, Once, Parks, Supernatural, Arrow, Reign and More

ask-ausiello-march-18-2014-postGot a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Can you please confirm or deny the theory that the Mother on How I Met Your Mother is actually dead or dying? —Kodie
Ausiello: Breaking: Future Ted is suffering from Alzheimer’s and he’s telling his kids the story before his memory vanishes. At least that’s Matt Mitovich’s not so far-fetched theory. Thoughts?!

PHOTOS | How I Met Your Mother Series Finale First Look: What the Heck Is Ted Doing With [Spoiler]?!

Question: Any juicy tidbits about HIMYM‘s series finale? —Babar
Ausiello: There’s a curveball or two in store for Lily and Marshall. “There are a lot of answers to questions that you didn’t know you had — or never knew to ask,” previews Alyson Hannigan. “They really, definitely give the fans everything in the series finale.” Which character’s endgame surprised her the most? “Robin’s,” she responds. “Although I guess that’s not really a surprise, because it’s sort of been addressed in the past. You’ll see.” Hmmm….

Question: How about some late-breaking HIMYM finale scoop? —Alex
Ausiello: Josh Radnor’s one-word tease about Ted’s final scene ever? “Circle.” Josh Radnor’s 31-word critique of the finale as a whole? “It delivers everything that people love about the show. It roams all over time the way our show does. I think it’s a really great example of what we do best.” (For the record, Radnor cited Ted and Barney’s endgames as the ones that surprised him most.)

Question: I’ve heard that Ariel will be back on Once Upon a Time. How will she be involved in the plot? —Ilenia
Ausiello: Without divulging the exact storyline, Colin O’Donoghue says that JoAnna Garcia Swisher’s encore as the Little Mermaid means “You’ll get to see Hook and Ariel interact a bit, which I think will be fun. They have a ‘tricky’ sort of relationship, and I think people will like it.”

Question: Now that Cary and Kalinda appear to be an item on The Good Wife, what does that mean for Jordana Spiro’s character, Jenna? —Charlie
Ausiello: It means Kalinda’s dance card is, well, about as full as it usually is. As exec producer Michelle King notes, “Kalinda is not one to worry about monogamy.” (A source confirms that Spiro’s cop character will be back for several more episodes.) Speaking of Cary-Kalinda, fellow EP Robert King points out, “In many ways, we’ve never explored the depths of that [dynamic], and now that they’re on opposite sides in a battle, what does that do to this relationship? What does that do to them? Can they keep it both sexual and fun without it creeping into their [professional lives]?”

VIDEO | The Most Shocking Good Wife Moment Ever Is Coming — What Do You Think It Is?

CaptivesQuestion: I’d love some scoop on what’s coming up for Sam on Supernatural. —Frances
Ausiello: Gadreel’s little stint inside Sam? “We’re not done talking about it,” promises exec producer Jeremy Carver. “There are more layers to it that are going to take a little while for even Sam to understand.” BONUS SUPE SCOOP: The stolen grace that Castiel used to become an angel again “is an issue which will not go undealt with,” Carver teases.

Question: Do you have anything else on Bones that isn’t already out there? —Rachel
Ausiello: The title of the Season 9 finale is, “The Recluse in the Recliner.” Coincidentally, that’s also the nickname I gave myself over the weekend.

Question: Is Bones airing all 22 episodes they’ve produced for Season 9, making it a 24-episode season? —Rachel
Ausiello: Affirmative.

Question: So, as we approach the end of Season 9 of Bones, what’s happening in Dr. Sweets’ life? —Rex
Ausiello: Per EP Stephen Nathan, Sweets “is going to kind of dovetail into the story at the FBI. He’s going to have an impact on Booth’s trajectory through the end of the year in terms of the potential promotion at the FBI, and also in realizing that maybe not everything is as nice and secure at the FBI as everyone thinks.”

HankQuestion: Any update on whether Bones plans to address the passing of Ralph Waite on screen? Hank deserves a fitting sendoff. —Kelley
Ausiello: Mr. Nathan agrees with you. But since Waite’s death came about so suddenly, Hank’s tribute episode will likely have to wait until next season. “We didn’t feel that it was right to do something just shooting from the hip,”explains Nathan. “If we do something, we want it to show the respect we have for him and also the love we have for him.”

RELATED | Bones Boss Promises ‘Very Surprising’ Season Finale

Question: I know Louis is Suits‘ love-to-hate character, but is there any chance we’ll learn more about him this season? —Vicki
Ausiello: You shall, though primarily through his ever-scheming actions versus any exposition drop or flashbacks. “Louis is going to be forced to make a lot of tough choices, and [through that] we’re going to learn a tremendous amount about him,” exec producer Aaron Korsh says. “But I don’t know that we’re going to learn a tremendous amount of facts about Louis’ past.”

Question: Can you confirm the rumours about Naya Rivera leaving Glee after next week’s episode? She’s one of my favorites. I really can’t picture Glee without her. —Abz
Ausiello: I ran this rumor up the flagpole and, according to multiple sources in the know, it’s not true.

gleeQuestion: What’s in store for Brittany and Santana when Heather Morris returns for Glee‘s two-part 100th episode? —Ashley
Ausiello: There’s lots of good Brittana stuff in next week’s episode. Let’s just say Santana is instrumental in bringing a certain aspect of Brit’s McKinley experience full circle. Also, Brit attempts to smooth things over between Santana and Rachel — and by the looks of this photo, I’d say she’s pretty successful.

Question: I see Anne Dudek is guest-starring in Cristina’s Sliding Doors-esque episode of Grey’s Anatomy next week. Any idea who she’s playing? —Claire
Ausiello: The wife of a patient who is deciding whether or not to live. (There’s a House or Cut-Throat B#tch joke in there somewhere, right?)

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Shocker: Look Who’s Returning?

Question: Season 1 of Mistresses left us with a bunch of cliffhangers: Savi flat-lining in the hospital, shots fired while Karen struggled with Elizabeth Grey and her son Sam. How quickly will we get answers about the characters’ fates? –Hadley
Ausiello: As the old saying goes, “If a gun goes off in a wealthy therapist’s minimalist living room, and the entire neighborhood hears it…” Wait, wrong expression. So, let’s go directly to Yunjin Kim, who spilled some intel on the red carpet at PaleyFest’s Lost event this weekend. Season 2 will pick up eight months after the Season 1 finale, Kim reveals, and while she’s not at liberty to say who lived (or died) in the climactic shootout, answers will come “right away” in the premiere. What’s more, when we reconnect with Karen she’ll be “over the Greys” — and will have moved on to “many, many beautiful men.” (Hey, this is a primetime sudser, after all.) “Karen goes to a very dark place,” Kim adds. “Darker than last season, if you can imagine — considering we’re the sexy summer show for ABC.”

Tammy 2Question: Is there any chance we’ll see the flawless Lucy Lawless return to Parks and Recreation as Ron’s leading lady this season? —Alyssa
Ausiello: There’s a very, very, very good chance you will see Diane again in the one-hour finale on April 24. There’s also a very, very, very good chance you will see Megan Mullally reprise her role as Tammy II in the same episode.

Question: Wondering if you have any Arrow scoop — especially Olicity-related? —Vanessa
Ausiello: The spark between the partners will “keep popping up,” promises EP Marc Guggenheim. “You haven’t seen the last of ‘Olicity’ moments, for sure. But at the same time, we don’t try to cram them in.” As for the Gal Friday herself, the EP teases that we’ll learn more about her parents in future episodes, with additional backstory coming in Season 3. BONUS SCOOP: Before season’s end, the number of people who know about Oliver’s secret “will go up,” Guggenheim reveals.

Question: I’m loving Reign right now, but I need to know if there’s any hope for us “Mash” fans. —Cora
Ausiello: Never give up hope, Cora. Mary may be married to Francis, but Lola’s extramarital bun in the oven isn’t going to make for wedded bliss. “As long as that secret exists, Mary is going to be lying to her husband,” Anna Popplewell tells TVLine. “It’s not just Lola’s future that’s at stake, but also Mary’s future with Francis.” As for Mary’s future with Bash, Popplewell tells us, “There’s something very exciting that happens in the next few episodes that will alter the balance of that situation.”

Question: Any Vampire Diaries scoop? –Chery
Ausiello: I’ve got some good scoop, Chery — especially if you’re a card-carrying member of Team Delena. Damon’s ex-girlfriend may be infected and hungry for vampire blood, but that doesn’t mean she’s lost her libido. Ian Somerhalder tells TVLine there’s going to be some major action between Damon and Elena this Thursday, or in his words: “There’s some sexy time happening. Exes, man. What are you going to do?”

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman and Andy Swift)

1. B.P. says:

Ted (Not The Mother) is the one dying… of throat cancer… which is why he sounds like Bob Saget in the future.

2. abz says:

Thanks for answering my question! Glad to hear the rumour about Santana isn’t true. The show already lost a great character in Finn and the last thing Glee needs is to lose good characters like Santana.

• Jess says:

Ha! Finn was one of the worst characters. All he did was whine and call Rachel his future wife. No disrespect to Cory Monteith.

• abz says:

Well that’s your opinion. I, as I’m sure as many others, liked Finn. Of course the character had his flaws but what character on any TV show doesn’t.

3. Matt says:

give Santana a girlfriend that’ll be around permanently and has a brain already.

4. Dani says:

My theory for the HIMYM finale is that The Mother dies, Ted moves on with Robin, while she and Barney get divorced. Wouldn’t be the ending I hoped for at all but it sounds more and more like it.

• Annie says:

Oh God, ENOUGH with this. Stop trying to make fetch happen, it’s never gonna happen. What *could* be on tap, though, and given the comments about Lily and Marshall and how that story gives us “everything,” the more I’m starting to think this is correct: Lily is the one who’s dying.

• sasha says:

I just love see BR fan being all no it’s not gonna happen while it’s a possibility and even if Ted will be with the mother and the theory of her dying is wrong, I’m sure BR will getting a divorce

• Sam says:

I’m sure they won’t be

• Annie says:

Calm down. The whole Ted & Robin thing is just a dumb, stupid notion. I don’t give a hoot about a fictional character’s relationship, but I DO care about writing, about characterization, about consistency – oh, and I can also read.How many times have they said “no, Mother=/=Robin”?

• Dani says:

Annie Wilkes is that you!?
        Calm down. It was just my theory that I shared. It’s not even something I would like to see happening as I said above.

• sasha says:

Annie Wilkes LMAOOOOO You killed me

• Annie says:

What? No, seriously, what? That makes about as much sense as – well, as Ted and Robin. Whatever, cupcake.

• Shimmy! says:

I have no stake in this show, and have never commented on this site before, but I gotta say… I love how angry you seem to be that someone doesn’t share your plot views. Kind of hilarious “cupcake”!

• Amy says:

Well now that Lily and Marshall have a daughter it’s possible (going back to the Mother’s comment about a mother not being at her daughters wedding) but I don’t know if it matches up with all the peeks into the future we’ve had…I’m still thinking it’s the mother.

• Ange says:

We could guess the ending until the end of the month. It’s been filmed, the show has wrapped and its all speculation until it airs.

• Tess says:

My theory is the so-called “Mother” is a ruse. It’ll turn out that Robin can have children after all and she’s the mother of the two kids. She and Ted realize they are actually meant to be together and thus Josh Radnor’s one word wrap up for his final scene – “circle”. Why else would a guy tell his kids all about the many girlfriends he had leading up to their mother unless the point was to note that she was actually there all along and it just took him all that time to realize she was the one.

• Barb says:

This is the way it happens in my head. Who cares about what they show on TV. :-)

• JLK says:

It took HIM all this time to realize she was the one? Seriously? He’s proposed to her for God’s sake. He whines endlessly about how she’s the one. And he notes that being hung up on Robin kept him from being truly open and available to other relationships. Oy….he wouldn’t need to realize anything. For you to get that fantastical Ted and Robin ending, SHE would have to realize he’s the one because Ted’s been laser-focused on Robin for like 8 years now.

• engineer says:

You’ve already seen Ted have his daughter, Penny, while Robin was married to Barney in the Trilogy Time Episode and you’ve actually seen the mother actually pregnant with Luke earlier this season. So there is no possible way that Robin is the mother of the children. Also, we’ve been told in the show and by the producers that Robin never became a “poll vaulter.”

• Kathleen Harris says:

I am not a regular viewer, but I do remember an episode, that said Robin became a journalist & didn’t have children. Maybe it will turn out it was all a dream…LOL

• magickster says:

They’ve shown Ted and the mother with one kid and her in labour with the second. The mother is decided. Move on people.

• Leona says:

here’s a theory……Barney can’t “make babies”….Ted “donated” and the kids know all about it….Robin is the one dying or already gone ……. maybe?

5. Naya is a Goddess says:

I hope the Naya rumor is not true! That said I will return to Glee when Santana is back anbd Sam is gone!

6. Lucy says:

“Kalinda is not one to worry about monogamy.” Oh, really? Glad to know. And what’s about Cary? Oh, well, I forgot Kings never gave a crap about Cary, so let’s put him into Kalinda’s dance card. They’ve already screwed up for good Cary and Kalinda relationship. He just became one of her multiple love interests. Nothing interesting or special here. And that’s in a season where Cary’s storylines were everything but interesting or special. Blah.

• abz says:

The question asked was clearly geared toward Kalinda’s character not Cary.

• Lucy says:

I don’t think there’s a rule that you have to comment a spoilers according to the question. And I’m just commenting on what Kings say about Kalinda’s polygamy and Cary and Kalinda relationship. When Kings talk about Jenna is like Cary is not even a factor. Kalinda is the only factor which matters and since she’s ok with polygamy, well, let’s give Jenna another try and forget about Cary in the meantime. Jenna and Kalinda and Cary and Kalinda can coexist just because Kalinda isn’t worry about it. But what’s about Cary? Isn’t he a factor here? He’s just the “other” love interest and they don’t bother to explain what he’s worry about. Sincerely I’ve never heard the Kings say one single thing which was mainly about what Cary felt or wanted everytime they were asked about Cary and Kalinda.

• moloch981 says:

Sooo, instead of having Kalinda try to overcome her trust issues at last, or at least see two characters trying to build a mature relationship (and maybe failing, I don’t know, but at least trying), something we’ve never seen on this show… let’s have Kalinda jump again from one bed to another, because hey, we’ve NEVER seen that before: THIS is what we call *character development* on “The Good Wife”!!!! :-(

• Lucy says:

Character development? With Kalinda? Nah.”Jumping from one bed to another” is the only thing they can write for the character. And giving her another girl to bed is their way to ” explore the depths” of Cary and Kalinda dynamic. Yeah, of course. I bet they’ll devote to that deep exploration micro screentime and scanty scripts.

• Tav says:

“They’ve already screwed up for good Cary and Kalinda relationship.”
      Yup, the sad fact of the matter is that at this point it’s really too little too late.
      This time last year I was so stoked for a Cary/Kalinda hookup but then TPTB had to go and completely screw viewers over by skipping right to “the morning after” while showing nothing of the alleged liaison on screen.
      Then last week they finally show Cary and Kalinda in bed, and what do we get? Pillow talk.
      There are a zillion scenes of Alicia and Will (or Peter) banging on every imaginable surface, yet they can’t manage a proper sex scene for Cary and Kalinda? This after dragging it out for 5 seasons and countless other love interests in the interim?
      Sorry but that is total BS. The Kings/writers missed their window with Cary/Kalinda so now they’re just half-assing the scenario, and I am not impressed. With any of it.

• Lucy says:

I’m not impressed at all. And I was one of those who loved Cary and Kalinda dynamic. But they’ve ruined everything dragging it for too long and never addressing it properly. And now they’re giving us that “sex (?) and fun but I use you while you’re using me” rubbish without a sherd of built up or a good script.

• Barb says:

You all are assuming that Cary/Kalinda was supposed to be endgame all along. Just because it’s what you want doesn’t mean it’s what the writers ever wanted or planned for. Stop blaming them for “missing the window”. We don’t know if there was ever supposed to be a window in the first place.

• Jamie says:

Yeah, seriously! Everybody acts like Cary and Kalinda are supposed to be together but for all you know the writers have been working toward Kalinda and the FBI lady all along. Wouldn’t it be something if one of these very strong, very stubborn ladies finally decided to open themselves up and trust the other. THAT would be some character growth.

• MC says:

Exactly! They were building up FBI Lana just as much. It would be more natural for Kalinda to finally open up to a woman and it would be something if it ends up being Lana. That would be some character growth for Kalinda because Lana’s been around since Season One as well.

The only reason we are not seeing Lana this season is because Jill Flint has been busy. But if they could get her back next season, they would. The Kings actually said.. “Oh boy, would we ever want Lana back with Kalinda”…so it’s not a guess or assumption. It’s what they actually said.

• Loz says:

I’ve never actually wanted Kalinda with Cary or vise versa. I’ve never seen the attraction there. I’ve always wanted Kalinda with Lana. They should make up some love interest for Cary though.

• Pat says:

No, they’re all assuming that since writers have teased Cary and Kalinda for 5 seasons – basically leaving him without other serious love interests for 5 years while she instead was also busy with Lana, Sophia, Jenna and Nick – maybe they could have done something better with them now that they finally decided to give them a shot. All that Kalinda’s “I miss you but let me screw you over again if I need to” is BS..

• Tav says:

“maybe they could have done something better with them now that they finally decided to give them a shot.”
            Exactly. Not saying Cary/Kalinda have to be endgame, but if this whole endeavor is pointless and fruitless then why’d they even bother? They’ve just wasted everyone’s time for 5 years.

• MC says:

Maybe the reason they are not taking it seriously because they are not supposed to be endgame. You don’t want to tease the audience any more than they already had if their liaison has always just meant to be temporary fun and game.

• Lucy says:

I don’t get that endgame thing. Whatever ending they’ve planned for Cary and Kalinda now that they’re doing it they should write something worth both the characters and their relationship or it means that storyline is absolutely pointless. They’ve teased that thing for 5 years, so endgame or not, there were people who were invested and interested in Cary and Kalinda dynamics. Instead what we got was short, rushed and disappointing. If they didn’t want to tease us they should have just stopped to tease us about it long time ago. Instead every season they gave us a little something and then nothing until the next season. It was enough and it did work for the first 3 seasons but after that everyone got tired and now I don’t think I’ll be able to take other rubbish about those two.

• MC says:

I agree that they should have stopped the teasing a long time ago. They should have kept them as friends and not even have them kiss. I liked them so much better as “brother/sister/friends” who looked out for one another, even if they occasionally used one another.

But the Kings think this “Dangerous Liaisons” dynamic is fun. They could have made it fun without the sex.

Now everyone is unhappy. C/K fans are mad because they had something different in mind. Non-C/K fans are grossed out by the sex.

• Tav says:

@MC, But the thing is they DID tease us and now the payoff is not worth the build up, and it’s certainly not “fun and games.” It just feels so lazy and lackluster–not sexy or fun or exciting or anything that’s easy to accomplish if they gave a damn to put in the effort.

@Lucy re: “now that they’re doing it they should write something worth both the characters and their relationship or it means that storyline is absolutely pointless.”
            Precisely, even if they don’t end up together, show some progress/growth/development/maturation in their relationship! SOMETHING that shows this 5 year holding pattern of flirtation hasn’t been for naught. But that’s probably it, the Kings/writers don’t want to do anything meaningful with Cary and Kalinda because they don’t care.

• MC says:

All I can say is expectation is a dangerous thing for TV fans. The writers almost *always* have something different in mind. They never promised things would turn out a certain way. There are dozens of ways to write a storyline/relationship. Some see it one way, others see it other ways. I actually thought they would NEVER have Cary and Kalinda sleep together. But I was wrong.

• Lucy says:

@MC All I can say is that writers shouldn’t play with fans’ expectations for too long, like they did with Cary and Kalinda fans, if they don’t have a plan.
            @Tav “Precisely, even if they don’t end up together, show some progress/growth/development/maturation in their relationship! ” I fear that Kings consider THIS a progress.

• MC says:

What about Robyn? I thought Cary and Robyn were going to have something romantic happen. I know it was never confirmed, but they hinted at it.

7. Well Done Glee says:

Brittana! I’m so excited. I love seeing them help each other and being supportive. My faves!

8. Babar says:

“Any juicy tidbits about HIMYM‘s series finale?”
    I am 100% sure I sent in that one and by name is Babar, not Barbara.

9. sarah says:

Yay thank you Ausiello. I love Mary and Bash together though episode 13 really broke my heart. I still have hope for Mash though.

10. Ls1 says:

Look forward to Hook and Ariel interaction (Eric is probably back to). I think she had something to do with helping Hook to get to Emma or help in some way. Mermaids can travel to realms. I def think its something Emma related or/and Blackbeard.

• Lily says:

Whether Ariel helped Hook cross the realms, or not; she probably escaped the new curse, as well. Hook said, “we do not know”, when asked about the effects.

• JR1 says:

We’ll find out as the episodes go by :) , but i am looking forward to seeing Hook’s journey, and how and when he went to find Emma, and found her. What happened etc

11. Tony Firth says:

Question – Will we ever see :Felicity Smoak: Training in Arrow using the Salmon Ladder or a Behind the Scenes look on DVD Extras when it gets released of Emily.B Rickard’s suing the Salmon Ladder.

Please get some scoop on that it would be Massively Appreciated. :D

• Columbus says:

That would be great! Felicity is terrific.

• Tony Firth says:

I know right to me without Felicity in Arrow now-days would not be the same at all. :’(

She stays until the END or I Strike an Arrow through all the eyes of the creators shouting ”You Failed my Olicity future.” DIE DIE DIE. :) { Lol }

• A says:

There’s a cute video on Stephen Amell’s Facebook page that has Emily on the Salmon ladder :)

• Tony Firth says:

@A – I’ve seen that one but it’s not what I want.

I need to either see a Behind the scenes footage of Emily having ago at the Salmon Ladder or in the show of Arrow seeing Felicity Smoak having a Workout Training go at the Salmon Ladder.

My finger’s are crossed for this to come True. :D

12. jenferner8 says:

Ummm…Ariel, mermaid, Hook, pirate. Seems to me these two mighta met somewhere somehow in the opwn seas.

13. OMG Please tell me “The Recluse in the Recliner” is going to be about spontaneous human combustion…!!! That would be such a good Bones subject!

14. Aries says:

I’m sure Naya is leaving all together, but she will have very limited screen time for the remainder of Season 5 and Season 6. I for one can do without her.

15. Anne says:

My theory is that Ted is already dead and it’s a lawyer or some other character – played by Bob Saget – who is reading a very long, very talkative letter to them with the story of how he met their mother. We never did see him speaking to them, did we?

• Sheila says:

Yes. First episode of the second season, one of them says something like, “Dad, it feels like you’ve been telling this story for a year!”

• RP says:

Except that the kids seem far too disinterested/annoyed for it to be something a dead parent is “sharing” with them after they’re gone.

16. Amie says:

I certainly hope “The Mother Is Dead” and “Ted Has Alzheimers” have been proposed by enough people by now that everybody understands 1) these are not creative or interesting theories, 2) you do not have to say “I must be the only one who thinks…” when EVERYBODY thinks that, and 3) the people behind HIMYM are loving all the speculation because it gives them buzz. And if those people, the ones behind HIMYM, really are stupid enough to pick one of these obvious, trite, soap opera choices, creating an ending that does not in any way pay off the previous seasons, then I guess those people and the ones who keep shrieking about the mother being dead and Ted having Alzheimers and Robin and Ted getting back together after all the bodies in line ahead of them are mowed down… Well, those people get what they want, and the creators get what they deserve (a massive storm of annoyance and disappointment from the fans who wanted a decent ending.) Leaving the main characters dead, sick or sad is NOT an appropriate ending.

• Regina says:

Seriously I just want the series finale to be over already so people stop posting these same theories over and over! I can’t wait for them to be proven wrong.

• John NYC says:

AND I expect it would render that team’s next endeavor DOA, who’d ever trust them again?

Because year’s long funeral eulogies are NOT comedic.

• S. says:

Amie, I know this is sudden, and we’ve only just “met” but I think I love you(r post). :)

• tara17 says:

I completely agree, it would make for a highly unimaginative ending. If the finale includes flashforwards to all the gang’s lives, it’s possible the writers speak about someone’s death at some point, but I don’t think it’s going to a tragic illness/young death focus. And Ted is much too young to have Alzheimer’s in 2030. Sure it’s possible but unlikely.

17. Babygate says:

Lots of good stuff here. First, Cary and Kalinda are an abomination. There’s zero chemistry there. He’s such a boy scout that he almost makes Kalinda look bad for hooking up with him. She’s leather and he’s a baby wipe. It’s s just wrong… Second, YES! to Ariel returning to OUAT. And is it just me or has the second half of this season kicking some serious butt? Third, love, LOVE Louis from Suits. I wanted to hate him but I end up wanting to hug him. Last, Anne Dudek on Grey’s! YES! I’ve missed her on Covert Affairs. I was very upset when she didn’t return. And I thought she was by far the most interesting doctor from House’s new class. Even if I did not understand how she ended up with Wilson…

18. Letty says:

Thanks for the scoops on Bones, even after the less than stellar ep last night, have to admit still wonder what’s ahead for the Bones crew, and when we will finally finish with eps featuring the squints, soon I hope.

19. JR1 says:

We know that Hook is not found of mermaids, so i can i assume the tricky-ness comes from there lol. I also am thinking this is going to related to somehow to Emma, and his ship and Blackbeard. I mean we need to see what Hook did in that one year and what happened, and how did he get the note, the potion etc
    Rooting for Hook/Emma,
    Hopefully Eric will be back too with Ariel

• JR1 says:

*fond of mermaids

• Lily says:

Yay, someone remembered that Hook hates mermaids!
      I wonder if the 3.17 Enchanted Forest flashback, is the first time Hook encounters Ariel…. or if he knows her from when she was mute, and living in Neverland.

20. Kelly says:

Thanks for the scoop

21. A says:

At this point it feels like Arrow is dragging Olicity out for ratings. Just do it or shut up about all the “moments” they’re going to be having in the coming episodes.

22. CatInTheHat says:

Wow…love your column but could use more variety. Out of 19 questions, 3 are HIMYM, 4 are Bones and 2 are Glee – guess we need to be sending better emails….lol

23. John NYC says:

“Future Ted is suffering… “: far too young for that: probably syphilitic dementia brought on by all those women he hooked up with. It’s not like he could have expected to escape disease free right?

Nice closing moral lesson. Kudos!

24. #TEAMARROW #TEAMFELICITY and #TEAMOLICITY

25. Lois Valentino says:

I love Will and Alicia…..Go with your heart Alicia and i think that is Will….I think the chemistry between them is off the rack….amazing…Looking forward to them back together…that is where alicia’s heart is….

26. jed17 says:

I posted this earlier….Here’s my Bob Sagat/Full House Theory….hasn’t anyone ever wondered why the writers choose Bob Sagat as the voice of Future Ted? Why not just have Josh Radnor do the voiceovers for future Ted since he is still an adult Ted? I think it was planned since the beginning of the series….which may also confirm the mom is dead. Here we go………I think Ted, in his own head, sounds like Bob Sagat….or the character he played in Full House. He imagines himself as that character since they both have lived through similar circumstances…..raising his 2 children as a single dad….with the help of his 2 male friends and 1 female friend (which may allude to Barney and Robin not working out in the future). What do you think? Mind blown yet?

27. Kara says:

Happy to see a SPN spoiler, and a Sam spoiler is icing on the cake! His stint with Gadreel was disturbing, I’d be sad if that was not addressed for Sam. In addition to Deans Cain storyline, I’m intreged how the season progresses as we near the finale. Hope we get the brothers on the same page again sooner rather than later.

28. Francine says:

More Delena? Great. If Elena forgives Damon for the things he did recently, I’ll scream. I can only hope its because she won’t be herself but who the heck knows anymore.

• Hmmm says:

Haha! My thoughts as well. A Damon and Elena reunion sounds awful. They were an incredibly boring couple to watch. Not to mention, the horrible things he just put her friends and brother through. When I saw the promo and Damon was shouting “stop loving me,” I was enthusiastically agreeing! Please Elena for viewer everywhere, particularly girls and women with even a shred of self-respect, stop loving him!

• Guest says:

I could not agree more!! They have ruined that entire show with the Damon/Elena relationship. None of the relationships are salvageable at this point. After all this time and hanging in there through seasons 3 and 4 I am finally done with TVD. That promo killed it for me. Seriously she just forgives him and per the spoiler screws him… She is seriously disgusting!!

• Hmmm says:

I know! This is definitely a case of the writers letting fans control the storylines instead of the storylines developing organically. It is terrible writing and a horrible representation of women.

• soundscene says:

Delena forever. ;)

I’m not sure how Damon’s actions are any worse than Stefan’s actions when he was The Ripper. In fact, I would say The Ripper is worse. Elena (as a human) was willing to forgive that. Why is Elena (as a vampire) supposed to cast off Damon, then? Elena is obviously willing to forgive pretty much anything if she loves the guy. This is not at all inconsistent with her character.

29. Maddie says:

God. Carver has a talent for talking without ever really saying anything.

So the issue with Gadreel’ grace still being in Sam will be an issue. Is that with Dean & how angry Sam still is at his brother? or is it something completely separate? Like the grace is manipulating Sam somehow?

Give us something, Carver!

30. Kalee says:

Eh, a more solid question regarding Santana would’ve been: Is Naya going to be a regular in season 6? It’s already confirmed that she’s missing in the remaining half of season 5 but will come back. I don’t particularly love or hate her, but I would hate to see Santana and Tina (Jenna Ushkowitz) no longer as series regulars considering they’ve been there from the start, it’s one more season to go, and the upcoming New York storylines look like a boring as hell sausage fest.

31. Jenna says:

Damon and Elena having sex is a scoop ? Same old same old nothing new here.

32. The ultimate twist at the end of Mother would be if Ted was an unreliable narrator and then then mother came in and told the kids in five words how they met. It would be interesting the final scene with the kids had been shot with the mother in mind to be later inserted using CGI.

• S. says:

It would also invalidate the entire series and the character arcs. We got invested in “real” stories and “real” people, not something that gets snatched away with a quick ‘that’s not true, kids.’ It could be funny, it could involve The Mother, but I can’t see it not being heartwarming or moving in a way that feels satisfying. Even if he fudged something, it wouldn’t just be Lucy with the football. It just wouldn’t. It would also take too long to explain it in a way that would remotely feel like a good ending to the audience, assuming she didn’t just blurt out ‘we met online’ or something. TPTB aren’t gonna have kids sit there that long hearing (we learn possibly made up) story after story about old girlfriends and then The Mother reveals that the only parts she’s really gonna know are true or not true because they involve her are actually BS. The woman that Ted finally ends up with and the MacGuffin of the show needs to not involve fake moments that moved us.

• Jeff says:

Kind of a Bob Newhart ending, where everything that happened was a dream.

33. Pat says:

Oh my gosh, will everyone just calm down with your HIMYM theories. Let the finale play out and then comment. We are coming down to the final stretch and according to some of the commenters from the past couple of weeks they have now managed to name everyone on the show who might die. This has become true insanity. People are focused on Death and I don’t think that this is what the Producer’s of this show want the ending to be remembered about especially since it is a comedy.

• Glass Onion says:

^ This. Thank you – we are very close to the end, everyone just hang on, we’ll all find out together in a couple of weeks – all is good.

But just in case anyone out there still wants one more clue as the how/why Ted is dead -

“Well let me give a clue to you all, the walrus was Paul.”

If we see Ted in the beginning of the finale episode barefoot, walking across the street, with Marshall dressed all in white, Lily and Barney dressed in black, then we know it’s bad news for Ted. ;)

• JLK says:

I said this a couple of weeks ago on another site, and people said I was delusional and ignoring all the “clues.” It’s nice to see I’m not the only one who thinks the doom and gloom types are way off base.

34. izzybella says:

I think if the mother really is dead (or dying) then their kids are a couple of little a**holes for all the eye-rolling and other teenage I’d-rather-be-anywhere-else-than-here crap they’re giving their dad while he’s telling his, admittedly, very long story. I really do not want Robin and Ted to get together-that ship sailed for me a long time ago. I like them as friends. So whatever winds up happening with Robin and Barney, I hope Ted and Robin just remain friends.

• N tTVf says:

Your wish will be granted. I think everything you noted above will prove true – I don’t think there will be any jolts to the major characters or relationships except one – Robin.

I think what Alyson Hannigan stated is probably true – the shock/jolt is going to be what happens to Robin, and hopefully that surprise will be a good one for her 2030 endgame. But it is Robin’s character and career/life who has the capacity for something out of the ordinary to happen to her. Also, I think CT/CB have always had a fascination with Robin, so if any HIMYM character in the writers’ minds could have a jolting 2030 end-game, it is probably Robin.

That said, we saw Robin in ‘Bad Crazy’ talking to Lily in 2027 +/-, so if something big (good or bad) were to happen to Robin by 2030, it would be pretty fast, a jolt. I do hope it is a good ‘jolt’, but I’m starting to believe something will come, and it will come to Robin.

35. Omar B. says:

If There 24 Episode of this season, is that mean that gonna be a break after ep 23 for the
    premiere of 24 then air only the finale a week later?

36. Babybop says:

Uck to the Vampire Diaries news.

37. GildedRose says:

Looking forward to seeing sparks popping up between Oliver and Felicity. I enjoy their relationship a lot, though I sometimes wonder if Arrow gets what viewers like me mean when we ask about them. Yes, I enjoy the quirky fun moments but it’s the partnership and friendship and connection that they established with the writing so so well in the first 1/2 of season 2 that I look forward to the most — that trust and openness and caring.

We’re going to learn more about Felicity’s parents this year? that’s awesome! I wasn’t sure about where they were going to fit things in so I wasn’t expecting much more until season 3. Knowing we’ll find otu more about Felicity’s parents this year is fabulous! I can’t wait for her back story in season 3. Love her!

38. I wonder if HIMYM will, after all, explain where the pineapple came from.

39. Lizzie says:

I really hope you’re not leading us on about Mash like you did before in your spoilers, because you had me expecting a whole lot more than we got!

• Mark S says:

You do realise that Reign is based on real historical figures right? Mary, Queen of Scots married Francis in the 16th Century and Bash is a made-up character. If the writers deviate too much from historical fact then it ceases to have any credibility and becomes fantasy. In which case, why base the show on an actual person from history and just create a fictional princess and make up their own storylines. There is a significant gap in history which the creators are exploiting for the show, but the fact remains that Mary was married to Francis, but her life was one of tragedy and violence, eventually resulting in house arrest in England.

• WingsStef says:

Francis also died due to complications to an ear infection in the real past too. Though after doing some Wikipedia link hoping I did find a Bastian Pagez. He wasn’t mentioned to be Francis’s brothers but maybe he is the real historical figure Bash was based. He was a long time servant and friend of Mary. Diane de Poitiers, who is portrayed as Bash’s mother, is a real historical figure. The way they blend fact and fiction on the show is interesting.

40. Frances says:

Thank you so much for answering my Supernatural question! Carver’s answer has got me very intrigued. I hope we see Sam and Gadreel sharing more scenes in future episodes.

41. Mary says:

How is it possible that nobody seems to know anything about Josh Charles’ contract? He’s as close as it comes to being a male lead on TGW and he could be gone next year. Give me some news on the matter.

• Loz says:

He pretty much is the male lead right? Peter & Cary certainly aren’t lead. Why would they want him gone? He can’t go. Alicia & Will will never be together again if he leaves (I get that prob isn’t going to happen anyway especially after last nights “hit the fan” episode) but still. One can hope lol.

42. Sara says:

Why are there 4 questions just about Bones? How about equality here?

43. Rose says:

Thanks for the scoop on Parks. Looking forward to Megan playing Diane’s nemesis with Ron in the middle.

44. Gerry says:

I like the fact that the mother is dead, and Robin and Barney divorce, leaving Robin free to come back to Ted.
    Reign needs Mary to stay with Francis, he was her first love, and Bash just came along, while Francis went away to save Mary. Justice is for Francis.

45. I think the kids are twins, their mother died in child birth after she and Ted had only been together for a couple years. He raised the kids alone. Barney and Robin did get married, never had kids, probably were married for quite awhile. All the way through life the “gang” were in Ted and the kids lives, thus all of them being “Aunts and Uncles”. Barney and Robin ultimately get divorced, probably a couple years before the 2024 scene with Ted and Robin in the restaurant. Ted and Robin are and always have been in love. They date, decide to get married and Ted is telling his children the story, just before his and Robin’s wedding. Thus why he refers to Robin as “Aunt Robin” in his stories. It ends touchingly, lets the children and viewers know he loved their mother dearly and sometimes, just sometimes in this world there are 2 great loves of your life.