Tyler Blackburn Returning to Pretty Little Liars in Season 5 as Series Regular

Caleb Pretty Little LiarsFollowing the cancellation of Ravenswood, star Tyler Blackburn will return to Pretty Little Liars full-time in Season 5, ABC Family announced Wednesday.

RELATED | ABC Family Sets Summer Premieres For Pretty Little Liars, 90210 Gals’ Mystery Girls and More

Blackburn’s character, Caleb Rivers, famously departed Rosewood during the Pretty Little Liars Halloween special in Season 4. He then served as the main character in the supernatural spin-off Ravenswood, which was cancelled after just 10 episodes.

Per ABC Family:

Blackburn’s character Caleb Rivers will return to town and back into the lives of his ex, Hanna, and her fellow Liars. He will return early in the season as a full-fledged series regular.

Pretty Little Liars‘ fifth season begins June 10 at 8/7c.

Our only question: How the heck is Caleb going to explain what happened to him in Ravenswood?!

Pretty Little Liars fans, are you glad Hanna and Caleb will finally be reunited? Drop a comment with your thoughts on Tyler Blackburn’s return below.

• Shazay says:

I like Tyler, but I was kinda digging Hanna being single, maybe they won’t rush into a reunion too soon. I hope they just pretend Ravenswood never happened.

• Mary-Jean Slaughter says:

I am sorry glad Caleb is returning to PLL. THIS IS RANDOM….. BUT WHAT ABOUT AN ARIA CALEB THING. It seems like neither of them have had much luck by way of romance. Who knows…. Just glad to see him again.

1. Kate says:

Just when I was finally going to quit on the madness… they pull me back in.

2. Ashbash says:

It never made since to carry him over to ravenswood maybe everyone can pretend that that entire season of ravenswood was a dream because I can’t see how they will incorporate ghosts and century old curses into pretty little liars

3. lk says:

I’d love to have more Caleb/Toby scenes. I imagine they could bond over how absolutely crazy their girlfriends are.

• kavyn says:

Their bond actually really drags the show down for me. They don’t have any chemistry as actors, and whoever portrays Toby is pretty weak as an actor (at least on PLL, I’m not familiar with any of his other work).

I do like Caleb though, but I like Hannah being single a lot more.

4. ... says:

By the end of its run, Ravenswood was a much, much better show than PLL (not better than PLL’s peak, but better than PLL for the past 2-3 seasons), so hopefully he gets to exposit an ending for those who watched.

5. Try Again says:

LMFAO. MOST RIDICULOUS THING EVER. OMG. Bye. I’m done.

6. Martina says:

Whoever thought Ravenswood was a good idea and was going to work must’ve been delusional. I’m glad that they’re bringing Caleb back, but I was kinda digging the new guy, although I’m not remembering his name right now.

7. gio88 says:

who cares about him …i hoped in something new for hannah…

8. Azerty says:

Yes! Him leaving Rosewood knowing Hannah and co were in trouble with A was so out of character but he can go back to investigate who A is now. I want smart-computer-gifted Caleb from season 1 or 2 not I-took-cooking-lessons-with-my girlfriend season 3-4 Caleb. And bring back the team Toby/Caleb too please that was great.

9. Riana says:

They might just say that Ravenswood never happened.

10. sarah says:

Wish Ravenswood was not cancelled but glad to have him back on PLL.

11. Et al says:

Yuck. I thought we’d rid ourselves of him.

12. Kre says:

Right when I was starting to like Hanna and Travis together…..

13. Tran 2.0 says:

HAPPY NEWS for PLL fans. :-)

14. Aidan says:

ughh i was afraid of this. Caleb is literally the worst, always on the defensive and just generally scowling. And Hanna’s new love interest is so charming and lovely to watch, looks like he’ll be randomly exiting like all the others. i thought that train wreck ravenswood was our out for caleb but looks like marlene king likes to pick favourites.

15. Elyse says:

SHOCKER. I’m just starting to like Travis though.

16. Dani says:

I hope that means we’ll be rid of Travis. What an untalented actor. Zero chemistry with Hanna. And since Sean Faris got a pilot on The CW I was hoping they would let Caleb return or at least bring in someone else for Hanna.

17. Boo says:

Put him in Radley and pretend he had a mental breakdown and Ravenswood was just some crazy delusion.

18. Gloria says:

So glad Caleb is returning to PLL, hope Travis remains on the show, he is charming. Maybe he breaks it off with, Hanna due to her always being involved with.A issues, enters Caleb, all is as it should be, Caleb explains how he got away in Ravenswood, tells her only there at her request, ect. PLL bk to.normal, well, as normal as it should get.

19. Lucy says:

Count me as happy Caleb’s coming back. The last I saw of Ravenswood he’d “died”, and my first thought was that that sure put a cramp in him ever returning to PLL. I don’t know how Ravenswood made him alive again, but I’ll take it.

Now how do we get rid of mouth breather Toby…

• Meredith says:

Haha, I’m totes on board with your Toby comment. I don’t know what it is about him (besides his horrendous hair, I mean seriously, it’s awful) but I am not a fan either. Here’s hoping he stays in London. I’m all for Caleb returning but he and Hanna better not have an immediate reunion, he has majorly stomped on her heart twice now, she needs to make him work for a reconciliation.

20. Fernando says:

I actually was hoping he didn’t, I’m liking the new guy Hanna is talking to

21. Elle says:

why does he look like Jim Parsons with a bad wig??

22. spindae2 says:

I liked Haleb a lot but this isn’t good storywise. Hanna was over him and she should move on. But he never was A so the writers can pull in this direction this season.

• Raven Messamore. says:

Hanna was NEVER over him, Thats why shes having troubles knowing what she wants because he broke her heart, Breaking her heart does NOT mean that she doesnt still love him and I think bringing him back would be a great start to mend that. OR Ravenswood could of ruined our little hacker and he can be delusional and working with whoever A is. But we really dont know what to expect at least until #alitellsall

23. alistaircrane says:

Can Season 5 be the final season? Please? They’ve dragged this “A” thing out way too much.

24. Katie says:

I’m so glad Caleb is returning! I always loved him and Hanna together, and I’m not wild about the guy they are currently pairing her with.

25. Geo says:

Here’s what would have been really funny– on last week’s episode of PLL, Hanna and Travis are dressed like a bride and groom for that party. Travis takes Hanna home, walks her up to her door, and there’s Caleb on her porch looking at them in their wedding gear and going “WTF?”

26. Brandy says:

Yay Love Caleb

27. james says:

Wait. So after all of that CRAZY stuff that happened at the end of the season on Ravenswood, he’s just gonna give up and come back to Rosewood? He just enrolled in school, realized Miranda was his soul mate, and even his dad is there! Ridic.

• Maryann says:

Never watched PLL but loved Ravenswood. I just can’t see how he could be plugged back into PLL. The little I saw of H on her guest spots on Ravenswood, Caleb was much better with Miranda.

• April says:

A LOT of people disagree, but I thought Caleb was 100x better with Miranda, too. Also never watched PLL but was intrigued by Ravenswood and would have continued to watch. It’s a shame all the PLL complainers never really gave Ravenswood a chance. Mostly because of freaking Hannah. Poor Tyler; back to being regulated to standing around holding Hannah’s/Ashley’s purse and looking pretty. To bad he’s back on a show that doesn’t actually require him to do any actual acting. Oh, well. Viewers get what they deserve.

• Raven Messamore. says:

This is a completely STUPID comment, How can you judge HANNA btw not Hannah, On how her and her love interest had no chemistry? Maybe its because on pretty little liars its about teenagers and not no damn curse. Caleb was actually developing a really decent story on pretty little liars but how the hell would you have known that if youve never seen it? And yes us viewers do get what we deserve and that is #Haleb

• you really have to watch PLL if you think Caleb and Miranda is better than Caleb and Hannah. i watched Raveswood only because i really liked Caleb’s character and i didn’t like the show, i thought it was stupid, especially after watching PLL, and the things they did to Hannah and Caleb’s relationship was horrible. they are one of the greatest tv couples, the ones that stays together for so many years and still love each other, really classic… and while PLL is more of a mystery and has clues and people’s secrets and intense scenes, based on reality, Ravenswood is a supernatural show that didn’t have a good story line and can’t even be on the same page with PLL.[in my opinion] i mean if you had watched them both you’d seriously realise that something is off with Raveswood.

28. Kaycee says:

I liked him but I’m not happy about this. I liked that Hanna was being her own free person and being independent for a while. :( I hope when he returns they’ll just be friends.

29. kara says:

I wanted Hanna and Holbrook

• Meredith says:

This!! I was so hoping they would go that direction instead of Travis. I guess that option has been permanently closed now that Sean booked a gig on the Supernatural spin-off :(

• Bad Wolf says:

Well, we’ve already the intergenerational romance with Aria and Ezra, there’s absolutely no need for another one. I wish casting people hired actors who actually look the age of their characters. Roma Maffia is completely credible as a detective, Sean Faris isn’t at all, especially when each time we see him he’s having a coffee at tThe Brew or elsewhere.
      As for Tyler’s return, I’ve got no problem with it since, for me, he’s the most interesting love interest ever introduced in the show (and I agree with Lucy and Meredith regarding Toby, who’s the weakest character of the show in my opinion).

30. TAB says:

I had hoped Hanna would find out he was dead (along with the other 3 besides Miranda). Then that would make sense as an ending to Ravenswood as well. Maybe not the best way but it would have been better than whatever nonsense explanation they will try to sell to write him back into PLL.

I was also just starting to like Travis.

31. Shianna says:

i thought ravenswood was good but i honestly stopped watching cause i was pissed that the show broke up Haleb for caleb to “date” a freaking ghost…

32. Luv says:

I think they should really get back together because they were so cute and I don’t like Trevis….so….YES

33. Chanel says:

Although my opinion is super biased (#TeamHaleb) I honestly think it would be a great thing for Caleb to come back to the show. I don’t think him and Hanna should automatically get back together, but they should eventually. He was her first for heaven’s sake! Caleb is the yin to Hanna’s yang. Not trying to say he’s the reason, but i loved who Hanna became when they got together. She was confident, spoke her mind, and was downright spicy! (SN: Does anybody notice how much Hanna’s been eating since her and Caleb broke up?) Not only were they the cutest couple (sorry Ezria) but they were the strongest and less complicated. Even when Caleb found out about A he didn’t get all psycho protective and in the way like Paige, he continued to help and protect Hanna (and the girls) the best he could. That pipebomb Ravenswood screwed everything up!!! Hopefully they can play it off as a dream, or have Caleb even go as far as being able to prove to Hanna what happened just to win her back. Idc what they do, but Caleb will bring that spark back to PLL with his cute smile, adorable dimples, and enticing vibe he gives off. He’s more irresistible than that Dos Equis man lol

• Chervonne says:

I agree with everything you said. I am a Haleb fan

• Tasha says:

Exactly. Hanna and Caleb had the most mature and real-looking relationship on the show. They didn’t act like a couple of kids with a crush. They knew how to be there for each other and also knew how to back off and give each other some space – unlike Toby and Paige who constantly bother and stalk their significant others. Therefore, it would make sense that Hanna and Caleb have a long-lasting permanent relationship more than any of the others.

Travis is super dull and looks like some sad guy who got pushed into the military with that hair cut of his, and the detective guy is as inappropriate for Hanna as Ezra was/is for Aria. (I don’t care how “cute” people think Ezria is, I do not find that adult/kid relationship at all charming.)

Also, Caleb is far more helpful to the liars than either Toby or Paige. (Hacker skills anyone?)

I too, just don’t know how they’re going to integrate what has happened so far in these two shows though. They had better have one heck of a talented bunch of writers to find a way to do this.

34. Enerolisa says:

I think Cable and Hanna make a beautiful couple and cable should stay in rosewood

35. crazedmom23 says:

I really hate that Ravenwood is ending. I liked it a lot. I think we will find that Travis is one of the bad guys. I was really excited to see what happened next in Ravenwood. We should at least get a wrapup show. I hate when these stations do this.

36. titli says:

i have started to love ravenswood and him returning to pll is just ridiculous. i liked ravenswood so much they cnt jst stop the show

37. kiley says:

I am so excited. When they broke up I was so confused because they were so madly in love,so I am so I am really looking forward to hearing his explanation to everything that’s going on with him and that night at Ravens wood.