Scoop: Covert Affairs Adds Body of Proof Alum as Series Regular, Annie's New Romantic Interest

Covert Affairs Cast Nic BishopBody of Proof alum Nic Bishop has spied himself a plum role on Covert Affairs.

TVLine has learned that the English-born Aussie is joining the USA Network spy drama in the series regular role of Ryan McQuaid, a charming Navy SEAL turned billionaire private military contractor.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Been Cancelled?

After McQuaid and Annie (Piper Perabo) first meet in the field as uneasy allies, expect their relationship to intensify — as will Annie’s fears that this enigmatic gent may have a secret agenda.

When Covert left off, CIA operative Annie had faked her death and altered her identity to go deep undercover to take down Henry Wilcox. Season 5, premiering this summer, will examine the price Annie must pay for that risky maneuver, as she attempts to re-emerge into the world she once knew.

RELATED | Covert Affairs Season 5 Scoop — Will a New Lady Cozy Up to [Spoiler]?

A casualty of Body of Proof‘s Season 3 revamp, Bishop’s other Stateside TV credits include appearances on Castle, CSI, Hot in Cleveland and The Glades.

1. Lynn says:

Wait, he’s English/Australian? I did not know that. And I don’t want Annie to have a love interest!

2. Samantha says:

So the whole Annie/Auggie relationship/arc was for nothing? TPTB could have kept them as friends/coworkers. Ahhh well last season was it for me anyway.

3. Chloe says:

Great! I like him & hopefully, it will keep her away from Auggie.

4. Jon says:

Thank goodness. The entire Augie/Annie match up was a huge mistake. Almost turned me off the series.

5. Mark says:

Another love interest why not finish the Eyal story first and why did they waste our time with Auggie? And are they going to show us in the beginning of season 5 Annie explaining to Danielle what’s being going on seen as Auggie has already told her Annie is dead. All I’m saying instead of introducing a new love interest, tie up some of the plot holes from the last 4 seasons first.

6. Priscilla says:

No I do not want a new love interest for Annie

7. JC says:

Seriously? No. I’m sorry, but I just don’t like him. I didn’t like him on Body of Proof either – I was glad when they killed him off.

8. Babybop says:

I like Annie and Auggie together! Sad.

9. tp says:

UGH. I like the actor but I don’t think he is a good love interest for her. She really doesn’t need a new love interest. Just leave her single if she’s not with Auggie.

10. Christelle Nelson says:

I agree with tp, if it can not be with Auggie I preferred that it be single

11. Kayla says:

And then Eyal comes out of nowhere and puts a stop to it and he and Annie finally profess love and it’s awesome.

12. lisa says:

Man, I miss Simon. He was by far her best love story…

• Richard Coyle didn’t do enough with his acting to convince me he’s Simon and not that goofball character Jeff from Coupling UK (you should youtube it). So, he soured the whole of Season 3 for me. Nic Bishop can’t really do any worse – even if he’s not a good fit or can’t act, he hasn’t played a character as hilarious as Jeff.

13. Aurélie bateau says:

if she can not be with Auggie I preferred that she remain single

14. King says:

cute guy!

15. Michelle says:

Don’t get me wrong, I love Nic Bishop but to me he’s all wrong for this role. I just don’t see him as a former Navy Seal for one, LL Cool J pulls it off on NCIS LA & Alex O’Loughlin makes it work on H50 but I just can’t see Nic as a seal.
    Maybe I’m just being biased because I don’t want another rubbish love interest for Annie, I just want Eyal back on a more regular basis…..

16. sarah says:

Why can they not allow Annie and Auggie to be together?

17. Overauggie&annie says:

Whoooooooooooohooooo!!!!!!! Best news ever!

18. Brooke says:

WTH, we’re done with Annie and Auggie already? I’m not happy about that.

19. Kristina says:

Not thrilled with this. sounds like it will lead to an inevitable love triangle, of which there are already too many in the shows I watch. Bleh.

20. Laura Lopont says:

Me too, not happy with this new

21. I love this Nic Bishop, that being said, I like Eyal, and as much as I love Auggie, he’s not the man for her. I hope they don’t screw this up.

22. jane.c.l says:

Why why why do we need another love interest? This show is becoming all about the romance and that’s disappointing. We don’t need anymore guys complicating Annie’s life. How about we just deal with her being a spy and how she’s going to deal with coming back from going dark with out some new guy to complicate things.

23. WalkersonForever says:

No, I love Annie and Auggie, this new break my heart

24. Annie says:

no new words Annie & Auggie should be together cause they are the best couple i’ve seen ever and they belong together but this guy don’t worthy to Annie

25. Erza Scarlet says:

of course this man will die or there’s something will happen for him and if he didn’t die I will kill him by myself Annie and Auggie will be together and they should be together

26. Priscilla says:

I absolutely agree, Annie & Auggie need to be together

27. I would like to know what happened to matt fron glades hes got new show never finished loose ends fron last season ,callie still waiting a church and hes on shot bleeding mean?????????????????????????