Adrian Pasdar Joins Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in a Smash-ing, Surprising Role

Adrian PasdarA former Heroes star is now on the hunt for a superhero.

Adrian Pasdar will appear in at least one upcoming episode of ABC’s Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as Glenn Talbot, a character famous for spending years trying to track down The Hulk, Marvel.com announced Wednesday.

RELATED | S.H.I.E.L.D.’s Chloe Bennet Ponders Skye’s ‘Super’ Secret: ‘It’s Limitless What I Could Be!’

Though Pasdar can’t reveal why Glenn will be appearing in the show, he says, “there had to be a little bit more in it than just an episode for me,” implying the character will likely recur.

As for Glenn’s iconic mustache, Pasdar regrettably admits it’s not as natural as it might appear.

“I had a week to prepare and as macho as I like to think I am, there’s just no way I can grow that mustache in a week,” he tells the site. “So we had to cut up a $400 dollar mustache and try it on knowing that it might fail and there’s not always room to do that in the make-up department.”

S.H.I.E.L.D. fans, do you approve of this casting? And what do you think brings Glenn to the show? Drop your theories in the comments section below.

1. Alan says:

very unexpected character, i wonder what causes him to cross paths with the characters.
    its going to be really weird because pasdar is the go to voice for iron man in video games and cartoons at the minute so to hear that voice for another marvel character is going to be strange.
    also there is already an image of him in full costume with a really convincing fake mustache (didnt know it wasnt real until i read this) out there on the internet for anyone curious.

2. Kay says:

Good!

By the way, Lady Sif was phenomenal in last night’s episode. Can she maybe come back a couple of times a season?

• grys03 says:

Yes she was, tho some of the fight scenes seemed a bit forced amateurish.

• Liz says:

I agree! Sif was fabulous!!!! Was great to see someone that understood May; like they’re cut from the same cloth. Love to see her show up a few more times

3. Will says:

Heroes & AOS: Crossover Event!
    I know I know.. he’s not playing the same character, before somebody misinterprets my sarcastic comment. -__-

4. The mustache is outdated and not necessary.

• Alan says:

the mustache is definitely necessary, its the defining physical characteristic of the character.

• I disagree. Josh Lucas’ version didn’t have it.

There would be nothing wrong if he played an updated version of the character. We’ll see how it looks. If it looks good, then fine, but if looks campy/comic booky, then it was a mistake.

• Alan says:

there are pictures of him in costume out there already and it looks great. for some reason military dress uniform + mustache = badass.
          anyway i didnt even remember the 2003 hulk film having this character, im not going to forget this version because of the epic mustache.
          also its based on a comic book, it should look comic booky, otherwise whats the point of doing these shows?

• “Comic booky” is a term used in reference to things being simplistic, not in reference to ideas that originate in comic books. In Wait Until Dark, Arkin’s character says in reference to Crena and the other guy that “they had comic book minds”, meaning that they were simple minded enough for him to manipulate them. He wasn’t implying that their minds were made of paper filled with drawings and dialogue balloons.

• Gaara says:

Tell it to True Detective if you dare!

5. Abby says:

He’ll be one busy actor since the Amazon pilot The After was just picked up.

• W.J. says:

Maybe. Last I heard, Amazon hadn’t announced the final cast list for the series. Casts often change after filming of a pilot episode. One way or the other, it would be great to have Adrian back in a weekly series. :-)

6. Lore says:

OMG OMG, Nathan Petrelli? again? this is awesome news!!!

7. Steve F. says:

Looks like he’s gone from a Congressman to a Major… nice!

8. Joey Padron says:

Can’t wait to see him on show. Last night’s episode was good.

9. em says:

and now he ruins another show

10. Heidi says:

This.is.awesome!

11. Tran 2.0 says:

Does this mean for Adrian Pasdar will be back reprising his role as Nathan Petrelli in HEROES: REBORN come 2015? Don’t rule out a Heroes/SHIELD crossover event.

12. steven says:

FLYING MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Dj says:

Pasdar is also the voice of Iron Man in Marvels animated universe. It will be fun seeing him on AOS i do wonder how big his role will be. I know Marvel has hinted that Talbot will one day become the Red Hulk in the comics so maybe there is a connection there.

14. James D says:

Glen Talbot? huh wonder why they chose him as character interacting with Sheild. Love Adrian Pasdar so i’m sold. this show is improving by miles over the last couple of weeks I look forward to this story arc.

15. bj says:

I love Adrian Pasdar too so I think this is great news.

16. Josh says:

Could this mean The Leader is The Clairvoyant?

• Mikael says:

I’ve been hoping that The Leader is The Clairvoyant, and if it is, I hope it’s the same actor from The Incredible Hulk. I feel like Marvel is distancing themselves from that film, and it would be nice to have some ties to it. They had scenes from TIH in the background of Iron Man 2 on the news, but more acknowledgement that the film happened would be nice. Recasting Bruce Banner shouldn’t matter; they’ve recast other roles several times.

17. It’s kinda funny ’cause he also voices Tony Stark/Iron Man on Marvel’s Avengers Assemble lol

18. Sheldon W. says: