Ratings: Bones Returns Up, Bachelor Finale Down, The Voice Ties Low, Beast Dips

Ratings Bones MondayFox’s Bones returned to its Monday home with 6.6 million total viewers and a 1.7 rating (per finals), up a tenth in the demo from its most recent Friday outing (6.8 mil/1.6) and improving two tenths on time slot predecessor/bubble drama Almost Human‘s finale (5.6 mil/1.5).

Leading out of that, the recently renewed The Following did 4.9 mil and a 1.5, down 6 percent and a tenth to series lows.

Over on ABC, The Bachelor: Juan Pablo Edition finale drew 10.1 mil/3.3, down two tenths year-over-year. The After the Rose post mortem (11 mil/3.8) however matched its year-ago numbers.

RELATED | The Bachelor Finale: Who ‘Won’? And Who’s the New Bachelorette?

Elsewhere….

CBS | How I Met Your Mother (7.7 mil/2.7) fell 15 and 18 percent and Mike & Molly (7.7 mil/1.8) dropped 13 and 18 percent (out of a 2BG rerun), but Intelligence (6.56mil/1.3) rose 20 percent and a tenth.

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Recap: Marshall Uncovers Lily’s Secret

NBC | The Voice (13.8 mil/3.7) dropped 11 and 8 percent week-to-week, tying this season’s demo low. Believe — which TVLine readers gave an average grade of “B” — sneak previewed to 10.6 mil/2.7, matching Blacklist’s most recent numbers. (Believe makes its time slot premiere Sunday at 9.)

RELATED | Michael Slezak’s The Voice Recap: Maybe Just One More Try?

THE CW | Star-Crossed (990K/0.3) and the Beauty and the Beast “spring” finale (800K/0.2) both shed some eyeballs plus a precious tenth in the demo.

1. Boiler says:

Please tell me that almost 10 million is wrong for The Bachelor. So sad!!! There are really good scripted shows on

2. Lateef says:

I’m fairly certain your decimal point is in the wrong place in the ratings for Star-Crossed, LOL.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Indeed.

• N tTVf says:

What are we gonna do when the CW numbers fall into the sub 10,000 viewers and the demo is 0.001? Thank goodness I’m still watching – at these levels, if I can get just ten of my friends to watch and tweet, look out! We’ll bump those demo numbers up a full 0.0001%. May need to brush up on our fractional percentage calculations! ;) But we’re all good, because who needs ratings anymore, right? What is it all about now… Twitter followers? Feel good remarks on Yelp? Count those ‘likes’ CW, and keep up the good work!

3. Armani12! says:

I’m impressed/annoyed by The Bachelor numbers. I understand that we all have different tastes but that a show like that gets better ratings than a lot of quality, scripted shows is kind of sad.

4. J says:

Bones is renewed so ratings don’t matter to me for this season… But fox are lucky that it even returned up with the amount they bounce it around the schedule…pitting it’s Monday return against The Bachelor finale and the first week of Daylight Saving. Srly Fox.

• Badpenny says:

It looks like TBBT is moving to Monday’s at 7 for the first couple of months next season. I think that’s going to be a problem for Bones’s rating in the beginning of season 10.

• Kwapple says:

That’s if Bones stays on Mondays next season…which is anyone’s guess

• J says:

Agree. And I think Fox need to shake up their schedule. Up until Jan Wed & Thurs A.I. they now have 5 nights of the week now to freely schedule… And if Bones went back to Friday 8pm for their tenth season it would be fine with me. It did really well there. Monday is just a dog fight.

• Linda says:

Bones continues to be “the little engine that could”, It proves that when you deliver entertaining fare, the fans will follow. A likeable cast and set of actors helps. It is clear in every interview that I have ever seen the cast has great chemistry – on and off screen. That is not always the case.

5. sarah says:

I am happy the Intelligence rose. I am sure it was because The Blacklist and Castle were not on.

6. DarkDefender says:

I missed having a new Castle this week. Next week will be worth the wait, because..

#ninjas

7. Leah says:

That’s not really good news for Believe, is it? I mean, considering how much better Resurrection premiered in their permanent timeslot, without a singing show lead-in… real test will be this Sunday.

8. Sarah says:

I know Bones is up from its last episode, but I wish it had gotten closer to 2.0.

9. GuessWhat says:

See — this is what I was waiting for as mentioned last week. BONES returns with better #s than Almost Human and The Following STILL declines in ratings to new series low #s. I am surprised that FOX renewed the latter before seeing how this shift would play out. Very surprised. #s will continue to slide for The Following.

10. Splum says:

Bachelor numbers are depressing. Quality television doesn’t have a hope.

11. Kelly says:

I love the new show Believe.

12. Katy says:

I have newbie question, why would FOX renew The Following so quickly when it has Almost Human ratings? The show is a limited series so its not like its on its way to syndication anytime soon.

• Elyse says:

Maybe they think the Following has a more loyal fan base that will stick with them another season? Ooooor maybe the Following is cheaper to make and produce etc.?