Pilot Scoop: Supernatural Spin-Off Gets a New Title, Casts Its Final Series Regular

Supernatural Spin-Off Cast Melissa RoxburghThe CW’s planted Supernatural spin-off pilot has cast its final series regular — and found a new name, to boot.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2014: Your Complete Guide to This Fall’s (Possible) New Shows and Who’s In Them

Airing April 29 as an episode of the long-running CW series, Supernatural: Bloodlines (as it is now known) portends to be a sweeping drama about the mafia-esque monster families that, unknowingly to humans, “run” the underbelly of Chicago and who are being tracked by a newly minted Hunter.

TVLine has learned that Melissa Roxburgh has landed the final series regular role of Violet Durant, a member of a powerful werewolf pack who hides her true nature because of her forbidden love for family rival David (The Originals‘ Nathaniel Bozulic), a shapeshifter.

RELATED | The Supernatural Spin-Off: Meet the Key Players

Bloodlines‘ other series regulars are Danielle Savre (Heroes) as shapeshifter Margo Hayden, Sean Faris (Pretty Little Liars) as werewolf Julian Durant, Lucien Laviscount (Episodes, Skins) as police academy trainee/newly-minted Hunter Ennis Roth and Stephen Martines (Burn Notice) as world-weary Chicago PD Detective Freddie Costa.

RELATED | The CW Issues Early Renewals to Supernatural, Reign and 3 Other Series

Roxburgh previously has appeared on The CW’s Arrow (as a gal pal of Thea’s) and in the Season 7 Supernatural episode “Time After Time.”

1. stevie says:

“bloodlines”.. meh.
    i’m voting for “Supernatural: Spin-Off”. that would be so cool.

2. zacqua10 says:

Still an awful name.

3. Elyse says:

Supernatural: Bloodlines… much better.

4. Teag says:

Whoa. I went to high school with her. And was in drama class.

5. I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

The title is still kind of generic, but much better than “Tribes.”

6. Linda says:

Well I guess Supernatural: Bloodlines is better than Supernatural: Chicago.

7. Brooke says:

Meh title. Meh at the actesses they cast. Hopefully it’s a little less boring than those two factors suggest.

8. Carrie says:

I like Bloodlines better than Tribes. I figured they’d end up changing that name.

9. Bobklause says:

Sounds like…Being Human…which is funny because the showrunner used to work on Being Human IIRC.

10. Uh, the CW doesn’t seem to notice the problem wasn’t with the “Tribes” part, it was with the “Supernatural” part.

11. I love me some Supernatural but my vote would be a reboot of The Dresden Files instead of another Urban Fantasy based in Chicago.

• silveraynea says:

This exactly.

• Mary Ann says:

I loved the Dresden Files, but the guy who played him is on Arrow now.

• Demonreach says:

“The Dresden Files” redone ala “Game of Thrones”/”True Blood” on something like HBO or Netflix with MONEY and Special FX to show actual Magic would be AMAZING.

I give the original series on Sci-Fi credit in only two things… Terrance Mann cast as “Bob” and his convincing me that Bob should be played like that in the first place.

Everything else could of course have been improved upon greatly more in the line with the novel series, but they really had no one in their corner and the network honcho killed the show cause it made him look bad since his #2 guy picked Dresden Files and he’d picked Wrestling.

12. Ally Oop says:

Well, the title is a bit better although I think it’s unnecessary to put the colon in it. Too much like CSI, Law & Order and NCIS. However, Bloodlines is much better than Tribes. Tribes made me think of Survivor or indigenous people. Thank you CW for listening to online feedback and changing the name.

13. Jared says:

I’ve never been a huge Supernatural fan but this spinoff is shaping up pretty nicely. cant wait to watch.

14. Tiff says:

If they take the “Supernatural” out of Bloodlines then you’ve got yourself a decent title. But I guess the goal is to let people know this is a SPN spinoff. Ehh

• Ally Oop says:

Real fans would already know its a spinoff. And non-fans might look at the title and not tune in because they think it’s the same type of show and you need to know what happened on the original Supernatural series to watch. I think Bloodlines would be best as a standalone name.

• Loke says:

Without supernatural in the title the spin off becomes weaker. Supernatural: Bloodlines is better.

SPN is currently the top or second rated CW drama, the association doesn’t hurt. Its much easier to sell a spin off on the CW than a new show with new characters noone cares about yet.

15. Lucky says:

Sounds good to me. I’m excited to see this. I think it has a lot of potential.

16. SL says:

Will have to wait and see things before I put my vote to yes or no of whether it will be a good show. If they have people behind the scenes who worked on Spn it should be good at least with stunts, special effects, music, and writing. Will wait and decide on the cast. Who knows maybe will see something at comic con.

17. Pat says:

Any body else throw up in their mouth after reading the forbidden love part? I’ll stick with the original.

18. jason says:

The Supernatural Diaries is basically what we got. I will past.

19. Erik says:

You couldn’t make up a more hilarious premise if you tried! This will last one season, just like Once Upon a Time in Wonderland….

20. Tawrens says:

Anybody tell these guys switch Chicago to San Francisco and you’ve got Kindred the Embraced?

21. I have read so many content concerning the blogger lovers however this article
    is truly a nice piece of writing, keep it up.

22. Tim says:

This kind of comment always leaves me bewildered. Anyone watching this show doesn’t know what good TV is? Then you must be watching, in order to be able to accurately appraise it. Or you aren’t watching, and have no current insight. Either way, logically speaking, you don’t have much to offer the conversation.

23. Sue says:

I don’t understand why Nathaniel just doesn’t go to The Originals they could bring him back somehow I am sure he belongs there who knows if this show will take off or not and they need him since Rebecca left!

24. tracie says:

I still watch the show and its still great.

25. It’s Nathaniel Buzolic, not Bozulic lmao
    I’m trying not to judge before watching it, but knowing that it has the “forbidden love” storyline just kind of lowers my expectations, you know. We do not want another The Vampire Diaries.

26. Katie says:

Why can’t it just be Bloodlines? Why does it have to be “Supernatural: Bloodlines”? I’ll still watch it. If it’s related to SPN, I’m already hooked.

27. Nobody says:

Supernatural Lite

28. I think the admin of this site is genuinely working hard in support
    of his site, since here every data is quality based data.