TVLine Items: Sundance Sets Rectify Return, Kroll Renewed, Leah Remini Gets TLC Show and More

Rectify Season 2Season 2 of SundanceTV‘s original drama series Rectify will premiere on Thursday, June 19 at 9/8c.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

The show tells the story of Daniel (played by Aden Young), a man who spent nearly two decades on death row for the rape and murder of his teenage girlfriend, then has his conviction vacated and gets released thanks to new DNA evidence.

In the new episodes, Daniel starts to become “an active participant in his life, making decisions and thinking about the future as he struggles to find meaning in a dangerous and unpredictable world,” previews the network. The second season “will also delve into the lives changed by Daniel’s return and the ripple effect his actions have on the people around him.”

Read for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

• Comedy Central has renewed Kroll Show for Season 3, star Nick Kroll revealed during a visit to Late Night With Seth Meyers, per The Hollywood Reporter.

• TLC has ordered a 12-episode reality series focusing on Leah Remini’s home life to debut this summer. The former King of Queens actress and The Talk panelist was the subject of much media attention last year when she left the Church of Scientology.

RELATED | What Makes Once Upon a Time’s Wicked Witch So Wicked? Plus: Who’s Dorothy In this Story?

Downton Abbey alum Dan Stevens — who’s also the voice of super-computer TIM on The Tomorrow People — will narrate Once Upon a Time: Wicked is Coming, a one-hour recap special airing ahead of Once‘s winter premiere this Sunday, reports E! Online.

1. Pati says:

Dan Stevens left Downton Abbey to narrate other shows, what a brilliant move,

2. webly3 says:

I love Leah Remini! On an unrelated note, I’ve been thinking about binge-watching Rectify. Should I?

• meleliot says:

Yes! Binge away. I will be honest with you up front. It’s definitely a character study and a little slow, but I watched it when it originally came out last year and I think about it often; more often than I have thought about 95% of the shows I watch. It’s really pretty brilliantly acted and directed.

• Ron says:

Oh most definitely! Everything @meleliot said is spot on accurate. I, too, find myself thinking about it often and the way it challenges us to view people. Not to mention, I wouldn’t really say watching the first season is binge watching; there’s only 6 episodes. My point in saying that is, it won’t take you long to get through the season.

3. Cassandra says:

June seems so far away but I’m ecstatic Rectify was given a second season. Up until a few years ago, summer programming was so mindless, it’s wonderful the cable networks have been filling the void with some of the best shows I’ve ever seen.

4. Ron says:

Best news all day = Rectify’s return!!! But how can I possibly wait until June? Gah. Guess I’ll be able to manage since I know it will be well worth the wait. This show is absolutely brilliant. One of my favorites, and easily in the top 3 best new shows of 2013 (probably ranking #1).

5. Joey Padron says:

I’m happy Rectify finally have a premiere date for season 2. Can’t wait to see what happens in new episodes.

6. theresa says:

So happy to see Rectify finally has a return date. Love that show.