Exclusive

Exclusive: 2 Broke Girls Enlists Lindsay Lohan for Matrimonial Guest Appearance

Lindsay Lohan 2 Broke GirlsLindsay Lohan is going for Broke!

The comeback-hungry actress has closed a deal to guest-star on CBS’ 2 Broke Girls, TVLine has learned exclusively..

Lohan will play Claire Guinness, a soon-to-be-bride who asks Max and Caroline to make her wedding cake. As Max and Caroline get to know her, it quickly becomes clear that Claire has trouble making decisions.

The episode is slated to air on April 14 — which just so happens to be the night Broke Girls assumes How I Met Your Mother‘s 8/7c lead-off spot.

Lohan’s recent TV credits include guest stints on Anger Management, Eastbound & Down, as well as a starring role in the Lifetime pic Liz & Dick.

News of the gig comes just days ahead of the March 9 premiere of Lohan’s addictive-looking OWN docu-series Lindsay (press PLAY below for a sneak peek).

1. graywolf323 says:

sorta reminds me of when Britney Spears appeared on How I Met Your Mother

can’t see it working out nearly as well though

• chaouad says:

dont u dare compare lindsay with britney ! she was excellent in HIMYM

• ChicagoDan says:

She was great, but she was also trying to make a comeback at the time. Ironically, as the creators noted, that this guest appearance helped save HIMYM. (It was very much on the bubble in 2008.)

2. JB says:

Nope…no…why?!?!?!

3. Andrew Hass says:

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the episode with Lindsay Lohan in it will air the same night that 2 Broke Girls takes over How I Met Your Mother’s time slot2 Broke Girls may want something big to get people to tune in whether Lohan is good or bad in the episode.

4. Tran 2.0 says:

Lindsay Lohan + 2 Broke Girls (Kat & Beth) = EPIC FAIL :-)

5. Arek says:

How dare they degrade this high class show with someone like Lindsay Lohan!? Just kidding, they’re perfect for each other.

6. Kris says:

What a way to ruin a good show! Not going to watch trash!

7. Kaycee says:

Why all the hate? Is 2 Broke Girls seriously too upper class to have Lindsay appear? No! It’s a funny show and having Lindsay Lohan as a guest is just fine.

8. Phillip says:

Haters be damned! This is great news.

9. Sheila says:

Why do people insist upon giving her jobs? She can’t act her way out of a paper bag now and it’s painful to see her try.

10. Liz says:

It’s a really great pairing! 2 Broke Girls is my favourite sitcom on air right now and I’m a still rooting for Lindsay to get her life together and make a comeback. The woman is talented. Plus I think the crass, uncomfortable humour of 2BG will be a good fit for her.

11. karen says:

You know the show is in trouble when they have to bring in Lyndsey Lohan to UP the ratings! Must be NBC!

12. Babybop says:

I will always root for Lindsay. I’m looking forward to it.

13. Erin says:

This show has really lost it’s way. It has completely abandoned it’s original premise and has now ceased to make any logical sense. I genuinely feel bad for everyone involved when I watch it.

• Ugh.. “Its.” Please ignore my bad grammar, I’m sick.

• abz says:

While occasionally I’ll laugh here and there, I have to agree. This season has not been the show’s best. They dragged out the Caroline/French guy storyline FOREVER!! Each episode was the same thing. He wants to sleep with her, but he’s married, she’s not gonna sleep with him and back and forth, on and on, never-ending. The jokes have become repetitive. They’ve completely abandoned the struggle to keep their cupcake shop running. I can’t even remember that last episode we heard the mention of the word “cupcake”.
      And I so wish they had never made Jennifer Coolidge’s Sophie a Polish woman. And the way they make Sophie constantly yelling and shouting is getting on my nerves, especially when every single episode they make her walk in and yell “Hey everybody! Guess what I…..”

• Mikael says:

What annoys me is that they have the audience cheer every time she walks in, so she stops what she’s doing and poses. It stops the scene dead. And as much as I like Jennifer Coolidge, she’s not a huge superstar who deserves all that fanfare, and she’s not just a cameo; she’s in every episode so it’s not a big deal to see her walk in.

• abz says:

I know! I forgot to mention that. It’s super annoying. I’ve never seen anything like it. Usually it nice when it happens when a special guest star comes on the first or second time, but she’s been apart of the cast over two seasons. Enough already. It makes no sense!

• Liz says:

I love 2BG but I completely agree about the Caroline/French dude plot. It’s getting repetitive and boring. Either sleep with him or not. But stop having it be the focus of every episode.
        But I LOVE Sophie. She’s hilarious

14. Cathy Joyce says:

I wish the best for Lindsey, but I simply can not watch 2 Broke Girls. It is disgusting tasteless and stupid. Improvements could save the show.. Clean it up please as it is on family hour.

15. darcywilson says:

Honestly, it could be worse! Lindsay isn’t untalented, and she wasn’t bad in Ugly Betty back a few years ago.

16. jp2 says:

I watch this show even though its pretty low brow and tasteless but this makes it even lower than low to the point I may have just written it off. I don’t know what the producers and directors are thinking. Maybe they are hooked up to lohan somehow?

17. Yolanda says:

I believe in second chance and wish Lindsay all the best. Hope she lands herself a nice sitcom or some light drama pilot this season. Maybe on CW or some basic cable channel. It’d take her mind off some other activities.

18. Terry says:

I stopped watching this show over a year ago. It is filthy and disgusting, THERE that aught to lift the ratings.

Seems like anything family aimed get cancelled.

19. HAP says:

Lest people forget, prior to her addiction meltdown, Lohan received positive reviews for her acting in a number of movies. She was “this close” to breakout stardom, when she obviously couldn’t handle the pressure and resorted to self-destructive behavior.

I really wish her well in the future, which should not be an impossibility. Think Robert Downey Jr.

• Lambsilencer says:

Yes, Lindsay is a very talented actress. But she drowned her talent in booze and drugs and the way she resorted to behaving. But I’m still convinced that she has that talent. There were glimpses of it in almost all the things she did since she started to get back into acting. I haven’t seen “The Canyons”, though. But she was fun on “Anger Management”, and there were some very good moments in “Liz & Dick” as well, when she hit Liz Taylor to the T. But the whole production was very poor, and Lindsay wasn’t ready for that kind of commitment, yet. And in all the other moments, it clearly showed.