Glee Recap: It Takes Two to Make a Thing Go Right; It Takes Three to Make It Out of Sight

Glee Trio Recap“I’m disturbed on every level,” seethed Sue Sylvester, enjoying one of her funniest episodes of Glee‘s fifth season. But, oh man, did “Trio” — an installment built around varying (and sometimes unexpected) character threesomes — make Sue’s repulsion understandable.

We had Schue and Emma getting it on in the McKinley High faculty bathroom (complete with — gulp — “a successful emission”). We had Sam tongue-wrestling with Tina. We had Becky hopped up on Eleven-Hour Energy Drinks and…actually, I’m not gonna talk about that. And perhaps worst of all, we had New Directions without so much as a finalized set list — one week away from Nationals!

Anyhow, if you were too busy trying to get tickets for the now defunct Pamela Lansbury — or wondering when Marley ceased to speak! — here’s what you missed on Glee:

* Tina, Blaine and Sam — sad to be super close to graduating, and oddly deciding to exclude Artie — tried to make memories together by spending a night locked inside McKinley. Blaine freaked out when Tina and Sam smooched, but by the end, he admitted that, following a senior year that had been “so weird and really hard,” he couldn’t cope with losing control of his vision for the night. Everybody hugged and made up — and embraced Artie, too — winding up in a group sing-along of Wilson Phillips’ “Hold On.” (But what about the setlist for Nationals, guys?)

* Schue stressed out Emma by making an appointment with a fertility doctor — even though they didn’t appear to have been trying to get pregnant for very long. Sue and Beiste (side note: I miss Beiste!) dropped some wisdom on the glee-club adviser that he needed to back off, and help Emma feel relaxed, if they were going to have any chance of making a baby. This led to scenes of Wemma painting a nursery (um, no pressure there!) and getting their foreplay on via an Ever After DVD, popcorn and yellow paint on the nose. Actually, scratch that last one. (Nice touch, Jayma Mays!) The episode ended with Emma canceling her trip to Nationals — because she’s got a bun in the oven. (OK, maybe it was all a little too pat, but with Jayma Mays’ limited episode commitment now that she’s on The Millers, story arcs must be zoomed along, y’know?)

* In NYC, Rachel hilariously took advantage of Elliott’s hospitality by moving in, claiming his bed and turning him into a “best gay”/personal assistant. Santana countered by trying to claim the charismatic vocalist as her own BFF — leading to a rivalry so intense that Kurt, Elliott and Dani (remember her?) kicked Rachel and Santana out of their band and basically refused to deal with them until they could bring down the toxicity levels. Rachel and Santana put aside their feud to attend the debut of “One Three Hill,” and later, in the episode’s best scene, both of ‘em admitted to having a lack of close female friends. For the second straight week, Naya Rivera and Lea Michele killed it — this time, with the most subtle softening of their expressions, and an almost unspoken longing to erase their horrible encounter from the prior week. It wouldn’t be at all believable that Rachel and Santana could recover from the slap heard round the Gleekdome — if not for the actresses fully inhabiting these roles.

And with that, let’s cut to grades for this week’s musical performances:

Tina, Blaine and Sam, “Jumpin’ Jumpin” — Grade: B+
Elliott and Rachel, “Barracuda” — Grade: A+ (beasts!)
Tina, Blaine and Sam, “Don’t You (Forget About Me)” — Grade: C
Will and Emma, “Danny’s Song” — Grade: I (Cahhhhn’t)
Elliott, Rachel and Santana, “Gloria” — Grade: B+
Kurt, Dani and Elliott, “The Happening” — Grade: A-
Tina, Artie, Blaine, Sam, Rachel, Santana, Kurt Dani & Elliott, “Hold On” — Grade: B-

Week’s Best Quotes
“Oh God, why?” –Sue, discovering Emma and Will are trying to conceive

“Why does everything you say have to sound like that?” –Kitty, marveling at Unique speaking in the third person and referring to Blaine-Sam-Tina’s performance as “all three-yoncé in the spotlight”

“The only thing I can see you giving birth to is a bushel of Russet potatoes.” –Sue, weighing in on Beiste’s reproductive prospects

“I was looser than a Reno slot machine.” –Sue, describing her physical state after being serenaded by Kenny G and Michael Bolton — right before the latter musician impregnated her

“Where do you come from? It seems like a dude ranch on a nuclear waste site.” –Sue, probing Beiste’s origin story

And this one’s not funny, per se, but it does exemplify the cheesiness of manchild Will Schuester (as he tries not to put pressure on his wife to get pregnant, of course)
“The only work of art that belongs in here is the one we’re gonna make together.” –Schue, explaining to Emma his decision to turn the craft room into a nursery

And with that, I pass the mic to all y’all:

What did you think of this week’s Glee? What was your favorite musical number? Take our poll below, then hit the comments and expand on your thoughts!

1. Bravo says:

I’m so confused. I think you forgot Sam wasn’t named “Artie”

• Shazay says:

I honestly didn’t like any of the songs this week. I feel like they just force any song into the show every week – early on in the series the songs fit in well into the plot and now it’s just so sloppy.
      There was a time I would consider buying at least one song from each week, and now I can’t even imagine. I have to fast forward through the singing now, its so awkward. Maybe things will get better when they move the whole cast to NYC next year.
      On that note – I miss the old feel of the show. Neurotic and funny Rachel has been replaced with Lea Michele as Lea Michele. I guess Eliott kinda brings that to the NYC scene, but its not enough.
      I also think they should have less musical numbers, it just seems so desperate. They should mean something, not just “lets have them randomly sing “Barracuda” for no reason, just because.
      Ok, now let the hate rants against my silly opinions begin.

• The Beach says:

Stop trying to make Lea Michelle a rocker chick. She’s Ballads and Broadway, not Benetar and Wilson.

2. jj says:

B+ for Jumpin’ Jumpin’? Were you actually listening or watching? That may have been the worst thing on Glee ever.

• Stacey says:

Definitely the worst thing ever on Glee. Like, I have no more words.

• JoMarch says:

And an A- for The Happening? Seriously, what decade are we in, or century for that matter? And the audience in the bar was just so ecstatic with the performance. Oh, my, yes; they had come to hear Pamela Lansbury, but we’re so entertained by a cheese fest!

3. GleeNy says:

New York is SO GOOD! I am so pissed they are dumping Pezberry and Santana in favor of Blam and Sam. Such a downgrade! They are totally going to mess up what makes NY so GOOD! Enjoy this while we can because once the show moves to NY it looks like Santana is gone :(

• Kaycee says:

Yep! They should just made it Kurt, Rachel and Santana. That’s why the NYC scenes worked. Throwing Blam in is a huge mistake and ousting Santana for it? It’s a suicidal direction they’re taking the show.

4. Starchel says:

Rachel and Elliot, more please! Another sad loss will be Adam Lambert. He is so good on that NY side! I wish they would keep him! I’ll be happy to keep him over Sam any day!

• JJ says:

I will so miss the current NYC mix – not sure I can watch – but when I think about it, I’d really hate to see Elliott pulled into the bad acting (bad singing) vortex of Blaine and Sam. I wonder if Lea and Chris aren’t p*ssed about how much this will lower the overall quality of storylines/acting opportunities? NYC will get a huge dose of Lima and given that growing disaster, I don’t see how it doesn’t dumb down the NYC storylines/dialogue.

• Pezhummelberry says:

I feel the same. I have no interest in watching Blam take over NY and turn it into Lima S4. No Pezberry No Pezhummelberry and probably not even much Hummelberry. Such a waste!

5. Stephanie says:

I thought Chris, Adam and Demi owned “The Happening”…and I never cared much for the original, but THIS cover was amazing! Their wonderfully sparkling melodic lines interweaving so deliciously….and “Hold On” was great, by all-! Loved the quietly regretful touches by Lea & Naya (and I always like Chris’ subtle enhancements to scenes and numbers). Dani and Adam were their usual fabulous powerhouse voices and selves.

6. Sean C. says:

Kurt: I’m forming a new band with Elliot and Dani.
    Santana: Who?
    Kurt: Dani, your girlfriend.
    Santana: I don’t have a girlfriend.
    Kurt: Yes you do. You sang a Beatles song together, then hooked up offscreen, then she stood in the background for a couple of episodes. And now she’s going to spend her final appearance in scenes with me and Adam Lambert.
    Santana: Still not ringing any bells.

• Kaycee says:

What a huge waste of a high profile celebrity. Seriously, Demi deserved better than the wasted character of Dani. The writers have no idea what they’re doing.

• Witchy says:

I think the writers had to work around her availability. The xFactor and concert dates really cut into her time and then she was very sick one week. They squeezed her in per her schedule which made for a very reduced story arc.

• juless says:

such a waste! Demi/Santana was great singing the beatles song! Demi and adam were the perfect match tos this show!
      Next season should be Raches, Kurt, Santana, Adam and Demi, dishes the rest!!!

• kd86953 says:

I think people are forgetting Demi Lovato had a falling out with FOX, which explains why she’s no longer on Glee. She’s also stated in interviews that she wants to focus 100% on her music vs. acting. This isn’t Glee’s fault.

• Sean C. says:

She was never going to be on “Glee” long; she was a special guest, and she had a tour planned for the New Year. But the writers never made any use of her while they had her, which isn’t surprising, given their total indifference to stories involving gay women. They had to be bludgeoned into even letting Santana and Brittany talk to each other when they were dating (their shared screentime as a couple ran to like 3 minutes, total), and Santana/Dani is just a repeat of that.

• Sean C. says:

To add, their indifference extended to not even bothering to write her character off the show. Presumably we’ll be hearing from Santana that they broke up offscreen, perhaps accompanied by a “hilarious” meta joke.

• Sol says:

What a horrible treatment they gave to Demi, honestly.

• the girl says:

I read on several sites that Demi asked for her screen time to be limited because she didn’t enjoy acting.

• Sean C. says:

That’s never been stated. Lovato said she decided that she prefers singing to acting, but she never asked to have the role limited. Moreover, look at how they used the screentime she has. She was in two scenes in this episode, neither of them with her girlfriend in any meaningful sense. Same with the preceding two.

• DK says:

She also said – quite specifically – a couple of days ago, that she would have loved to do more on Glee but her schedule was too tight for her to do anything significant. For once, this isn’t the show’s fault.

• Sean C. says:

No, they had her on set all the same, and yet they used those days to have her stand in the background. Like this episode.

7. Kaycee says:

Two of my favourite songs… Don’t You Forget About Me and Jumpin Jumpin massacred by the worst Glee cast members. (Apart from Tina)

8. Cathym says:

Seriously do not know how they can let Elliott/Adam Lambert go!… The chemistry with Kurt Naya, Rachel et all is sizzling BIG MISTAKE NY needs Starchild!!!

• Terri says:

I agree! They should just drop the Lima side and not move over Blaine or Sam. NY is great the way it is. Keep Adam and leave Blam in Lima!

• Montavilla says:

Unfortunately for Glee, Adam Lambert is very likely to be busy starting in the summer. He’s got a press conference on Thursday with Queen.

9. Daniel says:

I’m sorry Adam Lambert wasn’t recruited to Glee when they first moved to NYC. I love Elliott and can’t believe his run is coming to an end. He really fits in with Kurt, Rachel, and Santana’s grown up (ish) characters. I don’t dislike Blaine or Sam (or the Lima Others) but they really seem like caricatures – esp Blaine in the ridic clothes and ott reactions – compared to the depth shown in the recent Rachel/Santana rift and reactions of those around them. (And on a sidenote, can I say how glad I am to see a character shoot down the ‘my gay’ thing? Somebody plz get the word to Gaga, Katy Perry, et al)

10. Mike says:

“Blamtina” is one of the worst things this show has tried to force on their audience. None of them can act and they’re insanely mediocre at everything else.

• Ty says:

I would put Sam as the worst thing they have tried to force on the audience followed by Blam then BlamTina and all of the Newbies.. At least Jenna has a nice voice.

• Sean C. says:

The funny thing is that I really liked Sam circa season 3, when he was written as a fairly mature and down-to-earth guy. Then in season 4 he lost about 50 IQ points and he was a completely different, obnoxious character that the writers suddenly decided needed triple his previous screentime.

• Dani says:

Yeah they have turned him into an idiot and all the added screen time just highlights Chords limitations as an actor and singer. His impressions are the WORST!

• jj says:

Chord can be a decent supporting actor if he is paired with strong actors. He isn’t leading man material, but he can bring his acting level up opposite good actors. He may have gotten a lot more screentime when Blam and Bram were invented last season, but the quality of his screentime went way down hill when he was attached to weak to mediocre actors like Darren, Jenna, and Heather. Blam is going to suck the life out of NY. They aren’t taking one of the major problems out of the show–just moving them to a new location.

• Alice says:

I agree so much. I liked the actors (Chord and Darren) when they first started – I can’t even tell anymore how much awful acting is due to horrible dialogue/direction and how much the actors are responsible for And seriously, Becky’s portrayal has gotten so offensive and just obnoxious but it seems no one wants to say anything. sigh

• Sil says:

I agree with every word of your statement. I really liked each of Sam and Blaine’s character’s when they were introduced in season 2. Since then, their likability have dwindled. And, Becky is just awful now.

• Stacey says:

I absolutely agree. The worst.

• Cmarie says:

I hope they did that Sam Tina nonsense just to SHUT DOWN the even more ridiculous Rachel and Sam business. Maybe Sam will follow Tina instead of coming to New York. And take Blaine with him. I could do without all three of them.

11. S. says:

“complete with — gulp — “a successful emission”… Respectfully suggest not putting the world “gulp” in there. Just upgraded the ew-factor of a phrase that was already disturbing.

• Michael Slezak says:

Gah! Had not even THOUGHT of that. Apologies.

• Angela says:

ROTFL, great point!
      Yeah. My reaction was fairly similar to Sue’s during that scene. And on that note, Will’s art line later on that the article quoted? Note to husbands: never say anything that ridiculously corny to your wives.

12. breytt says:

I’m sad this marked the end of the NYC-glee I thoroughly enjoy. RIP HummelPezBerry loft. I’m kinda not ready to say my farewell to glee in three weeks. Until the next special-Originals-are-back-occasion after that I guess.

• Anita says:

Same. I’m so sad we are going to lose the NY dynamic and have it replaced with Blam, or should I say BLAH! Hopefully Lea and Chris will have some good solos or duets because any group songs they do with Blaine and Sam I will pass on!

13. kd86953 says:

One of Glee’s funniest episodes in such a long time! I was laughing so hard during the Nightbird break in, that my sides hurt!! As always, the amount of Blaine/Blam/Sam hate on here is staggering. I LOVE THEM and thought Don’t You and Jumpin’ Jumpin were the best songs of the episode. Barracuda, Danny’s Boy, and The Happening were meh for me. Gloria and Hold On were also fab. It’s sad that Demi Lovato had her falling out with FOX but I’m okay with her not being around. Rachel and Santana continued to be extremely childish but loved their moment of “adultness” at the end. Glee is on a roll!!

• Sean C. says:

Demi Lovato being off the show has nothing to do with “falling out” with FOX. She was a special guest who was never going to be on the show for more than a few episodes. The fact that the show never bothered to use the character at all is on them.

• kd86953 says:

If you look at interviews during the end of Demi’s run, you can tell something happened behind the scenes. I’m not saying it was her fault or Fox’s fault or Glee’s fault, but something happened that ended their relationship. It’s sad because I think Glee had great plans for her character, along with Adam’s character, and it just never came into fruition. Besides, doesn’t everyone with Santana with Brittany? And it looks like that’s going to happen again??

• Sean C. says:

There’s no evidence whatsoever that Glee had “great plans” for her character. She didn’t even have a surname. And her subsequent appearances consisted of standing in the background like an extra, and those were filmed fairly early on, when “X-Factor” was still airing. Heck, they didn’t even bother to write her off, or give her any final scenes with her supposed girlfriend.

• kd86953 says:

It took Adam Lambert’s character a few episodes to take off too, don’t you think? Look, I’m not saying that it’s Demi’s fault she left. I think there was a clear plan for the character before filming began and things just fell apart. It happens. She was filming The X Factor when Glee began, which is most likely why she was on very little. Perhaps the plan was gear up her storyline once her commitment with the first show was over. None of us know. The show had to do a lot of reworking in the wake of Cory’s death. They announced Demi’s guest arc after his death but we don’t know if they were trying to get her before it happened. The show was struggling in the beginning of the season as they sorted out their plans without Cory/Finn. This is why the Lima side is going away. Perhaps with Demi’s desire to focus solely on her music coupled with these changes is why they mutually decided to break her contract early. That’s the thing about creating stories, you never know which direction they’re going to go in. Just my two cents.

• Sean C. says:

She only had two more episodes in her contract, so there’s no “storyline” that was going to “ramp up”. Nor did they ever talk about a story, beyond Santana having a girlfriend.

The show’s track record with gay women speaks for itself. This isn’t some isolated incident. It’s typical of the writers.

• juless says:

this is the last we´ll see of demi! don´t think she will be at anymore episodes no matter what her contract sayd

• Montavilla says:

I think Demi Lovato’s diminished appearance in “The Puppetmaster” was due to her being sick during the filming. It was around that point that she decided that Glee wasn’t working with her schedule.

• Jason says:

“Glee is on a roll”

Are you serious? The writing continues to be poor and is really highlighted by mediocre acting from Darren and Chord. Jumpin’ Jumpin was the WORST thing Glee has ever done.

• kd86953 says:

Wow, thank you for belittling my opinion. I happen to think Glee is a lot of fun and I love the songs. But then again, I love Sam and Blaine and Blam and Klaine, so clearly, what do I know. As for the acting tonight? It was SUPPOSED to be over the top. I’m also not going to defend why Jumpin’ Jumpin and Don’t You are two of my favorite covers this season. Nor why I love this show so much. The negativity towards Glee blows my mind. If you don’t like, that’s fine (though why on EARTH are you guys still watching this show if you hate it so much) but please place your comment in a thread that is more appropriate.

• If you think that “Jumpin’ Jumpin” was the “worst thing Glee has every done”, you’ve either never watched any other episode of Glee or your hatred of Darren and Chord is clouding your judgment. It wasn’t a good performance, but I’ve seen plenty that were worse than that benign one.

Relatively speaking, last night’s music was stronger than it has been in about 1.5 seasons. That may have been helped by some killer performances involving Adam L.

• Zayne says:

If you watch Glee for solid writing and good acting, you’ve come to the wrong place. I essentially hate-watch the show now. I’ll probably stop watching altogether when the show moves to NYC permanently. I’ve hated almost every storyline there since season 4. I thought they had potential with the new cast but they squandered it with retread plotlines and moronic character development. I’m going to miss Marley and Kitty and Jake and Ryder. They could have been great.

• Gleek says:

It’s not just here. It’s pretty much everywhere but Glee Forum. I thought Blaine was the most hated but Sam has really take over the most hated.

• kd86953 says:

I don’t know why? I think there are characters extremely poorer than Sam. I, for one, am not a huge fan of Rachel but you don’t see me spewing hate about the character on here! It’s so sad. If you hate the main characters or the direction the show is going in, just stop watching. And better yet, stop commenting!

• LOL says:

You should join Glee Forum. Its the place where if you don’t love all things Sam Blaine Blam or Blamtina they don’t allow you to post an opinion. You would fit right in lol

• What says:

To be fair, this place isn’t looking any brighter than the Glee Forum. It seems if you aren’t a lover of everything NYC and a hater of everything Lima (specifically Sam/Chord), your opinion will be attacked and has no validity whatsoever.

• kd86953 says:

this is why tumblr is my safe space, haha

• Sam says:

My favorite part about that place is how they’re so ban-happy over the smallest things but allow rampant homophobia and ableism to fly. They still have a member around who made comments about Adam Lambert and Chris Colfer looking like lesbians (BowtieBlaine or something? A Darren fan, obviously.)

14. Boiler says:

I doubt any of you know for sure what is going to happen with Glee in NYC so maybe instead of being jerks now can wait til later. Me, I will miss the newbies and hope they can get back sometime. I do agree Demi and Adam should be used more but who are we to know their circumstances??

• NY Glee says:

I’ve read the spoliers. Lots of Blaine and Sam and Santana is gone until further notice. Adam’s last episode is 514. Sorry but nothing about any of the Lima characters excite me and having the two most obnoxious ones going to NY while losing a couple of the most talented (Adam and Naya) to the mediocre twins is waste of talent!

• kd86953 says:

We don’t know that Naya is gone for good. Glee hasn’t said anything. And also, Adam’s run was ALWAYS limited. Always. I get why people wish he could stay but him leaving shouldn’t be a surprise to anybody.

• Blammed says:

Just the fact Sam and Blaine are the new focus is enough to say so long Glee! It’s been nice knowing you and I do thank you for 3 great seasons, that would be S1-S3,

• Nat says:

Why is everyone assuming that 5.14 is Adam’s last episode? This seems to be something that fans are claiming but I have seen nothing to confirm this anywhere at all. Just because he’s said to be guest star with a limited run doesn’t mean that he’s on the usual 6 episode run. In fact what was said was that he was joining the cast, that they didn’t know how many episodes he would do but there would be limits because he has some other commitments. That just means they’re working around his other commitments and seeing what happens. If he is free for a block of filming than one would imagine he would do a block of episodes, not even all of the series regulars are in every single episode. Unlike Demi’s character they do seem to be making an effort into having his character build up relationships with the other characters – I don’t see them doing that if he only had one more episode (5.14) to go.

• kd83954 says:

His publicist essentially confirmed it on twitter (she was doing a countdown of his episode and after last week, she said “2,” meaning he has two episodes left (episode 10 and 14) and in recent interviews, Adam’s talked about Glee in “past tense,” like he’s done filming.

• Nat says:

Uh yeah, I saw that tweet… and I thought the countdown was until his next episode aired because the numbers worked out for that and her previous tweet was promoting his next episode with a pic. Haven’t seen any very recent interviews with him talking about Glee. I mean ep 14 could be his last… but we haven’t really seen absolute confirmation of that,

• Danyelle says:

I belong to a Glee fan site based out of a small unnamed country off of Lithuania, and we get the besets mostest spielers, scripts so far in advance by months, we then have K’lik Nahk translate them into our tongue. We know more than all.

15. Allyson says:

I thought they said they were going to focus the rest of this season and season 6 in NYC with the originals? Oh I am too excited about Emma and Will having a baby. I am kind of grateful to CBS for allowing Jayma to film some episodes on Glee. Hopefully we will see her one more time in season 6.

• kd86953 says:

Even though I don’t care for Wemma much anymore, I am very happy they’re getting their happy ending! And I agree; CBS was awesome for letting Jayma come back! Glee is going to NYC only starting with episode 14!

• Wemma says:

They are going to spend the rest of the season in NY. I am guessing the baby will happen off screen and we won’t see anything else about it. Unless they send Will and Emma to NY for a episode. Jayma has one left that she can film.

16. Sol says:

I hate everything Blamtina but because of Blam, Tina just happens to be a victim of Glee’s hatred. Loved One three Hill and Barracuda. Story as usual mostly sucked.

17. joncuriel says:

I actually liked and enjoyed the episode. I thought it was hillarious and loved the performance of Jumpin’ Jumpin’, and that’s saying something because I hate Blam to death but love Jenna to life!
    Actually, I think that after this if they dump Jenna then I am so done with this show. This episode worked, like the previous one, no newbies, just the core characters that are still left. That’s how it should be.

• Angela says:

I actually liked “Jumpin’, Jumpin'”, too. Maybe it’s just mostly due to high school nostalgia, but I dunno, I thought it was fun *Shrugs*. To each their own, though.

18. Craig Hansen says:

I like the show too much to stop watching, but it’s not fun anymore.

Part of it, unquestionably, is the death of Cory.

However, the show for me stopped being appealing when it decided not to move on after the first seniors graduated, and instead started focusing on NYC and giving Lima very little attention. It didn’t help that most of their new actors were just clones of cast members who came before them.

That said, I think Marissa Benoist has been wasted. I bought in to her character and wanted to see a lot more of her than what we’ve been given, but it doesn’t even matter because apparently from this April on, it’ll be all New York, all the time.

Sad. I really used to like this show. Now, it’s pure torture to watch. So very different from how I’ll actually MISS How I Met Your Mother once it’s gone… I’ll miss Glee from when it was good, but I won’t miss it once it signs off next spring.

19. Will says:

Glee has really taken a DIVE. It is more the Rachael and Kurt show and they really are starting to get on my LAST NERVE. Blain and Santana are the only reasons that I still watch thisC**P.

20. Ethel says:

Wish Adam Lambert would stay. He adds so much to this show and judging from all the comments, I am not alone in this thought. Have been a fan of his since American Idol and have not watched Idol since Adam was cheated out of the win.He has more talent in his little finger than anyone else who has ever been on the show

21. Andrew Hass says:

I thought it was a nice episode of Glee last night.I’m happy that Will and Emma are having a baby and i hope we do see it when it’s born or maybe have other characters mention that the baby was born.That way we don’t have to wonder if something went wrong and we can have closure to that story.Plus i’m getting sick of people complaining about Blaine and Sam going to New York.No matter how much some people don’t like it that it is happening it is.So people can complain all they want but it is happening.As for Adam Lambert his status for this season might be limited because of prior commitments but depending on what happens he could be more available for next season.

22. Mindy says:

Blaine and Sam remain the worst part of this sunken ship. The Jumpin’ Jumpin’ cover in particular was so bland and Kidz Bop-py. Jesus Christ, I hate white people.

23. Axel says:

The happening was one the first songs that I played by myself on the recordplayer… “don’t you forget about me” and “Gloria” are also very meaningful songs of my teenage years.Having the same age as the Glee boss Ryan Murphy , who is the sole responsible man for songchoice on Glee, I can imagine that he has chosen those wonderful songs to include in Glee, even if it sometimes does not make much sense.

24. Carmen says:

Missed Kurt. Chris Colfer brings the show alive for me and he did very little in this episode; not a favorite. Didn’t quite inderstand the appeal of a senior lockdown or why Artie was excluded (other than the logistical challenge of getting him into the building;obviously entry through a window wouldn’t do). An explanation of some sort would have been welcome. Not a nice way to treat a friend. Why was Becky hanging around? How did Emma find out so quickly that she was pregnant? The action in this episode covered about a week’s time (the week before Nationals). What?

• kd83954 says:

We had a senior lock-in! Except it was the day after graduation and in one of our junior highs. It was actually a lot of fun! And I think the exclusion of Artie was supposed to be similar to how Destiny Child was before it became a trio…

• Montavilla says:

I have another question. How is it that people can just stroll through apartment buildings in NY? I never once knew a building that didn’t have a locked entrance and a buzzer system.

25. Angel says:

You totally missed one of the best one liners of the night : Elliot to Santana “I am looking for Rachel’s sheet music, do you know where she keeps it?” Santana to Elliot ” Up her butt” That was the only line I laughed out loud at! I hope the girls can patch things up, because their relationship is fun to watch, and one of the only good things going for this show. Please tell me Tina is not going to NYC! She has turned into an annoying nut job, and needs to go! I used to like her but they ruined her character, and it started after she broke up with her boyfriend last season. Also, can we keep Elliot? I think he’s awesome, and Adam Lambert kills every song he does with them, no matter who he sings with! He would also make Klaine a little more interesting when Blaine gets to NYC.

• TA says:

Santana and Rachel are hilarious! But unfortunately Santana has been written out of the first 3 episodes post 101and there is no word on when or IF she will return. We lose Santana and get Sam. EPIC Downgrade!

26. Lydia says:

I can’t wait for the switch to all NYC if only for my ongoing hope that it fixes the dynamics of this show. Maybe it’s just me, but I find the jumping back and forth between the more adult NY side and the childish Lima stuff really jarring. I wouldn’t mind a whole show with either feel, but both of them together is just strange.I suppose the difference in the acting ability doesn’t help much either, but it feels too much like an unsuccessful mash-up of an edgier comedy and something from the Disney Channel. I really wonder if there isn’t something going on behind the scenes in the writers’ room because even the humor seems different between the two parts of the show. Hopefully one location and fewer characters can help.

27. nina says:

This show is so bad. If Adam Lambert wasn’t on it, I wouldn’t watch one second of this.

28. The Black Guy From Season One & Ken Tanaka says:

I tried watching last night but this show is over. Nothing will match the quality and wonderment of season one. Season 2 slid but was still watchable but 3 and on…just horrible. Too many characters and too many that I just don’t are about, poor writing, storylines that are all over the place. Ryan Murphy ruins everything he touches. FOX should have taken the show away from him in Season 2 since he was intent on ruining it like he did “Popular” “Nip/Tuck” and “AHS”

29. Gerald says:

I’m sorry Why exactly did Sam Blaine and Tina feel the need to exclude Artie and be so mean about it? “You had your chance”????
    Elliot is the best thing about New York right now and kills every song he does. Please don’t let his character get away. We need more of him in the final season.
    Will and Emma, you should have kept your traps shut. It was so distasteful to say right in front of Sue and Becky that they didn’t want to risk having a child with Down Syndrome. I hope they are not going to New York. They should stay in Lima.
    AND
    Totally agree. A set list one week before Nationals would be what a responsible teacher would do.

30. Erin says:

The Lima stuff was terrible. I tried to give Sam, Blaine and Tina a chance, but they are painful to watch now. And the acting…what is going on there Darren, Chord and Jenna? Rachel and Santana are annoying as hell too, but Lea and Naya are so captivating as scene partners. They do the witty, snappy humor so well haha. I hate seeing Rache and Santana fighting, but I almost don’t want them to make up because I’m enjoying Lea and Naya playing off of each other so much. They are comedy gold.

31. SKE says:

I’m really enjoying Eliot. Adam Lambert should stay, he is the best part of NY. I don’t like all the childish diva ness between Rachel and Santana, but I love how Lea and Naya create and work off each other. I love One Three Hill. I love that Wemma get their own storyline for a change. I don’t like Becky anymore. Blaine, Tina and Sam do nothing for me.

32. jazzcolfer says:

I love One three Hill, and the happening was very cool. Chris, Demi and Adam looked beautiful and their voices together were amazing. Chris Colfer and Adam lambert have great chemistry, too bad their characters can’t date. I wish santana and rachel would stop fighting. Even with a bit of nonsense cat fighting, new york is very entertaining. I have a few New York edits I can still enjoy until blam gets there and I intend to enjoy every minute of it before saying goodbye blee new york.

33. Cathy Viviano says:

I love Danny’s song with Will and emma. I’m currently watching last night’s episode on video on demand!!!!!! :)

34. jOHANA says:

Did Santana tickl Rachel at the end of “Gloria”? LOL

35. ally says:

best line = ‘shut up and sing’ – from a patron while kurt was giving a monologue instead of performing with the band

36. RUCookie says:

I have no real words to say about the transformatoin of Tina… what in the world has happened to her? Sure, it is nice to see her finally make it through some songs to sing (and she sounded great this week), but WOW, on the floor crying hysterical about high school ending? I look forward to graduation and when she is gone. And what can you say about Becky? Is it appropriate to say anything about Becky – or do we all politely ignore how insufferable she has become? My favorite song of the night was “Gloria” – for all the drama with Rachel and Santana – they sing so great together; throw in Adam Lambert and you have super group (we just need Kurt in it). Finally – I really don’t understand the Sam hate spewed here. Once again, last night, his voice was rich and full of texture. The kid needs a haircut, but he can sing. I am glad he is headed to NYC.