Pilot Scoop: TBS Orders Barbershop Comedy Clipsters From Will & Grace Creators

clipstersDavid Kohan and Max Mutchnick’s latest project is already creating plenty of buzz.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2014: Your Complete Guide to This Fall’s (Possible) New Shows and Who’s In Them

The executive producers/writers responsible for Will & Grace are now developing Clipsters (working title), a barbershop-centric comedy which just received a pilot order at TBS, TVLine has learned.

Set in Charlestown, Mass., the potential comedy series from Warner Horizon Television and KoMut Entertainment follows a group of young adults from different circles in high school, who now work together at a barbershop called Buzzy’s.

In addition to serving as executive producers, Kohan and Mutchnick co-wrote the pilot.

1. JustMy2Cents says:

Anyone else originally think there was an a capella barbershop quartet involved? Not sure why that’s where my mind went…

2. TVGod says:

Is it a mulit-cam sitcom, and are there gay characters? If the answer is “no” to either question, I won’t be watching.

• Zach says:

It IS a multi cam, there will probably be at least one gay person (it was co-created by a gay dude) and stop being a douche.

3. Lori says:

I’ll be giving it a try! I still watch reruns of Will & Grace when I catch them, and they still make me laugh. Loudly.

4. Ella says:

Hmm, I’ll give it a shot. I loved Will & Grace but Partners was just awful.

5. James says:

I loved will and grace and I am rooting for these guys, but its 2014 and people are not supporting shows with all white (or white complexioned) casts like they used too. I hope they have learned from past mistakes and include a racially Diverse cast.

6. James says: