Did Bates Motel's Season Premiere Slay You?

Bates Motel Season 2 RecapNo one can say that Bates Motel didn’t start its second season with a bang. But was it a misfire? That’ll be for you to decide following this weecap.

RELATED | Bates Motel Is Getting a Live After Show

Four months after Miss Watson’s murder and Bradley’s suicide attempt, everything is going great for Norman and Norma. For about a minute and a half. Then, she learns that construction is about to begin on the delayed bypass — you know, “the road that’s gonna ruin our lives” — leading to her having the mother of all meltdowns at a city council meeting. As for our budding taxidermist, he’s rebuffed anew by Bradley, who’s fresh out of the loony bin and still hot for Dylan.

Wait, it gets worse!

VIDEO | Bates Motel‘s Vera Farmiga Previews Michael Vartan’s Arrival, Hints at Possible Non-Psycho Endgame

When Norman photographs a stranger at Miss Watson’s grave and takes the pictures to Sheriff Romero, he doesn’t so much make the stranger a suspect as himself. Later, he’s no sooner admitted to Norma that he was at Miss Watson’s on the night of her untimely demise — he blames himself for her death, reasoning that if he hadn’t run out when he sensed that she was attracted to him, he might have been able to save her from the killer — than Bradley shows up at his bedside.

A dream booty call? Hardly!

Off intel that she got from Dylan — that Miss Watson was two-timing Gil with her father — the teen paid a visit to the drug kingpin and put a bullet through his skull! Now she wants Norman’s help!

So what did you think of the episode? Are you, erm, dying to check back in?

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Polls, Premieres, Recaps

1. Matt C. says:

That episode was SO worth the long wait. I’m so glad this show is back, and I love the direction this season is heading. I’ll be eagerly anticipating my Monday nights now!

2. Ana says:

I love the show but wayyyy too much Bradley. I didn’t like her last season but I definitely hate her now.

• Angela says:

You don’t seem to be alone in this sentiment, from what I’ve read elsewhere! I have no real opinion of her one way or another, myself (which I suppose also doesn’t speak well for the character, as I’m pretty sure it helps to feel something for a person on a TV show, good or bad), but I’m willing to wait a bit and see how this story pans out before I take a definite stance on her, myself.
      That said, I agree with others here that Emma needs to show up again. Otherwise, intriguing episode! Wasn’t expecting that ending, and I loved all the moments between Norma and Norman-their bickering in the car made me laugh :D. And Norma at the city council meeting was highly entertaining, too.

• chloe says:

ugh i can’t stand bradley, so glad i’m not alone!

3. webly3 says:

I really liked it. But not enough Emma for me.

4. B says:

Wow. I’ve never seen one of these polls with 0% anything, let alone 0% in the D and F categories.

5. Et al says:

It was awesome. Norma’s scene at the Council meeting was GOLD.

6. Dave says:

I enjoyed it a lot, especially Norma going off at the council meeting! I could do without the Bradley character though.

7. Jules says:

Less Bradley, more Emma, please. That’s all.

8. jag says:

i dont want more bradley. ill take more dylan or emma though

9. Mikael says:

Norma’s freakouts are one of the best things about the show. Vera just owns that part! I have to say, I was pleased to see Dylan being loyal to Norman by rejecting Bradley. I thought for sure last season that he’d hook up with her. I thought for sure that Norman killed Miss Watson, but now it looks like it could’ve been anyone! Such a great way to start the season! I can’t wait for Michael Vartan to show up!!

10. n8ball78 says:

I don’t get all the Bradley hate. I guess it just follows the internets usually formula. Which is love the show but hate one of the main female leads. Its funny how it’s always the pretty one. I rather enjoy watching her.

Great episode and hopefully it continues. It was at the title top of my favorite new shows of 2013 along with Banshee. I’m excited for the new season.

11. Its was an ok episode, maybe I expected a little too much!!
    Please more Emma and less Bradley.

12. jd says: