Oscars 2014 Red Carpet: Best & Worst Moments

Tuxedo shorts! Falling stars! Donna Martin?

RELATED | Oscars 2014: Best and Worst Moments

Like the plastic canopy looming above them, the E! News and ABC teams had this year’s Oscars red carpet covered. (Speaking of that canopy, by the way, I lost track of the number of times rain was mentioned. Let’s just agree it was way too many.)

And while everyone looked lovely and perfect in all the right colors, TVLine is choosing to focus on some of the carpet’s more off-color moments.

Browse the best and worst moments from the Oscars red carpet below, then drop a comment with some of your own.

1. Amanda says:

There is still over half an hour left of coverage.

2. Mick says:

One more hit was when Chiwetel Ejiofor was tearing up after seeing the video from his sister. It was sweet.

3. Terri says:

This is the Super Bowl for me. I wait for this night all year long. :-)

4. Jillian says:

Anyone else irked by E!’s abrupt end to celebrity interviews. Ryan Seacrest went MIA with over an hour left and viewers were left with Giuliana and company in a studio talking about pictures of the celebrities, not the actual celebrities. Had to switch to ABC for actual celebrity interviews, which to me is the only reason to watch these shows. Epic fail by E!

Does anyone know what happened?

• Guy says:

ABC has exclusive rights to the red carpet beginning at 7:30pm. At least I think so.

• Carole Sullivan says:

Well, this is the 1st year that this happened? And why was Giuliana not ON the red carpet? She is great. Kelly was a mess – dress didn’t work, always laughing, she seemed stoned. Generally ABC’s coverage is truly awful except for Robin. I think they definitely should have told us that we would see crap during last hour. And Cat Sadler – please get rid of her!

5. Alissa says:

That’s John Lasseter’s wife Nancy

6. Annie says:

This is so exciting to see all the beautiful people.and to see so many of the people that you grew up with I just love the Academy Awards

7. STP says:

I’m pretty sure that woman in blue in #10 was sitting next to Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell in the audience.

8. CatLady says:

It just chaps me that ABC has exclusive rights to the final hour and then wastes it with their self promotion and kids that won a Team Oscar contest. Seems to me that’s what Good Morning America is for. If they’re not going to show celebrities, don’t lock everyone else off the Carpet. Very disappointed

• Androme says:

It’s pretty much what ABC is these days–grabs as many celebrities as possible without noticing there are other news sources there, and then use the results for GMA, which also is about these days: News, then 90 minutes of fluff and celebs.

9. Robin says:

I wish they’d get rid of the red carpet coverage and do a montage like they used to of people arriving. Most of the time the interviewers are incompetent anyway. The globes were cringe-worthy. They will have the designers on line or caption them within the montage. Boring tv.

10. David4 says:

I thought the show ended… it’s still on. Are they going for a record?

11. Forwardad says:

I liked Pharrel’s outfit. Don’t think JLaw planned on falling. She tripped over a traffic cone. The recapper of this is story is trying to b snarky. He’s just a jerk.

12. LaPiquante says:

The vision in blue is John Lasseter’s wife, I believe. As in, Pixar’s John Lassiter. (sp?)

13. Julie says:

Lady in blue looksike christina aguilera”s mom . Lol

14. Britta Unfiltered says:

Oh, come on, I don’t think Jennifer Lawrence fell on purpose either time, and I’m sure it’s hugely embarrassing for her that it happened. I like that she’s kind of klutzy. It makes her endearing. I just know if it were me walking the red carpet, I’d be tripping over everything. I am not good with heels. Or feet.

15. Bob Johnson says:

I don’t get the Tyson Beckford thing, either. He’s a terrible interviewer. But, it’s Disney-ABC, so what do you expect.

16. RickC says:

FYI, that vision in blue is Adele Dazim.

17. dude says:

Really Andy Swift? Are you that big of a jerk that you’re shaming someone for FALLING? It’s really pathetic that people in Hollywood are so cynical that they treat minor clumsiness as some pre-planned publicity stunt. It’s bad enough that conspiracy theorists think Jennifer’s fall last year was some choreographed act but if she was going to fall again, why trip over a safety cone as she was getting out of the limo? Why not pick a more opportune spot like the middle of the red carpet for maximum camera coverage? You’re really disgusting.

18. sarah says:

Dax is super funny and I loved his Donna Martin Graduates reference.