Ratings: Hannibal's Friday Return Up from Finale, Shark Tank Surges, CBS Slate Slips

Pale'la (Buried Secrets)NBC’s Hannibal opened Season 2 and christened its new Friday home with 3.4 million total viewers and a 1.1 demo rating — down sharply from the thriller’s series debut (4.4 mil/1.6, on a Thursday) but up 70 and 38 percent from its freshman finale (2 mil/0.8).

RELATED | 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled?

Hannibal‘s tallies also mark its best numbers since Season 1, Episode 3 (4/18/13). (Read Kim Roots’ recap.)

RELATED | TVLine’s Performer of the Week: Hannibal‘s Laurence Fishburne

Leading into that, Grimm did 5.2 mil and a 1.4, down 12 percent and one tenth from its last fresh outing.

Over on CBS, Undercover Boss (7.7 mil/1.3) fell 16 and 23 percent, Hawaii Five-0 (10.4 mil/1.4) was down 7 and 22 percent and Blue Bloods (11.8 mi/1.4) slipped 9 and 12 percent.

Leading out of a Bones rerun, Fox’s Enlisted (1.8 mil/0.6) ticked down a tenth while Raising Hope (1.8 mil/0.6) was steady.

ABC’s Last Man Standing (6.6 mil/1.2) fell three tenths and The Neighbors (4.5 mil/1.0) dipped one tenth, but Shark Tank (7.8 mil/2.1) surged 26 and 23 percent, scoring its second-largest audience ever.

1. DL says:

Go Hannibal! Hoping this amazing premiere will be enough to keep building its audience. Also, it makes a great pairing with Grimm.

2. Boiler says:

Don’t get the appeal of Shark Tank. Mark Cuban?? Watch Hart of Dixie on Friday when it moves

3. enri says:

Love Hannibal. Such a great show.

4. ChicagoDan says:

Go Hannibal – get that 1.1 demo.

5. wrstlgirl says:

Grimm & Hannibal fit perfectly together. This is just my personal opinion of course bit I think that stupid baby storyline is killing Grimm and causing it to lose viewers.

• Aprilcot says:

Glad to see I’m not the only one who hates the baby storyline. I don’t really even care about Adalind.

• Totally agree with you on Grimm and Hannibal fit perfectly together. You can get your PG-13 fix with Grimm and R-rated fix with Hannibal :)

• Tenney says:

I absolutely cannot stand that stupid baby storyline. I can’t even understand half of it. I get that the baby has some royal blood and that is somehow important, but I just don’t get why it’s important nor do I care why it’s important. Adalind started out as a great character, a hexenbiest who was out to destroy the Grimms, now she just annoys me.

• Mary says:

Totally agree. Adelind was a cool character with a lot of ‘tude but this whole baby vessel thing just doesn’t make that much sense. They haven’t really explained why the baby is such a big deal.

6. David4 says:

I watched half of Hannibal (don’t ask) randomly and liked what I have seen. I think it will make it to 5 seasons because of +3 days DVR and Netflix like deals in the future. It was a lot more fun than I thought it would be.

7. Mandy says:

Of course CBS dropped , specially H50. Last time it aired it was the only scripted drama in that spot. Now it is back at the typical weak 1.4.
    Hannibal was good, better than I was expecting. So I will watch again next week. Grimm was excellent , love this show.

8. I wanna see the day when Grimm and Hannibal have better ratings than Hawaii Five-O and Blue Bloods. Seems within reach. As tough as it is to love a show with low ratings, you gotta love how pure quality keeps it alive.

9. sarah says:

H50 and Blue Bloods numbers, while down are still not bad at all. However I wonder why most shows were down all week. I would have thought ratings would surge after the Olympic break I was waiting for 2 weeks for the shows to come back.

10. Spoilers? —– Assuming for a moment, based on the opening scene of last night’s Hannibal, that the current season will end with Hannibal in custody, would that then mean that next season we might get another adaptation of Red Dragon?

11. Paul says:

I think Bryan Fuller said that season 4 would be Red Dragon. I’d imagine season 3 would be when Will’s character admits he needs help from Hannibal to solve some cases, and then uses Hannibal. However, based on what happened with Fishburne last night, it looks like they might be going away from that.

12. Project Legacy says:

According to Bryan Fuller the first 3 seasons are original content. Season 2 will end with the first scene in episode 1 and the after effects. Season 3 will be the manhunt of Hannibal (Will Graham capturing Hannibal), as well as bridging the gap behind the Manhunt and Red Dragon. Season 4 Red Dragon, Season 5 Silence of the Lambs, Season 6 Hannibal and Season 7 original content to end the Hannibal story line. I doubt we see that many seasons, but I’m hoping we at least get to season 3, seeing as I’ve already read the novels and seen all the films.

• Bill says:

We might, supposedly some cable channel was ready to pick up season 2 if NBC cancelled it

• Mikael says:

I would love to get the full planned series. 7 seasons is probably way too much to hope for though. I just hope the ratings stay decent enough for a renewal. 1 episode into this season and I’m more hooked than ever.

13. Dakota says:

I don’t find undercover boss credible anymore. Are employees that stupid at this point that if someone with a bad wig comes into your workplace with cameras, that you’re not on Undercover Boss? It just seems preposterous several years in. Also its so obvious that theres a lot of work involved with casting which employees will be on the show. Yes, sometimes you have the really bad employee , which actually produces drama. But usually its that low level employee with a difficult back story better than anything Idol ever came up with. They’re always abused or someone has cancer or they can’t afford a car or are a single mother trying to manage kids and sick parents. They always cry as they always have a 1-1 chat with the ‘boss’ – wouldn’t that raise a flag too? Then they’re always brought to another location, often the company HQ – Isn’t that another dead giveaway? And then we get the occasional $10,000, or college fund, or new house, or $5000 toward a new car (really?), or a promotion where we never really know how much of an increase that person gets. Then cue the tears at the employees and the viewers. And the company gets a 1 hour informercial on a major network. The whole thing is ridiculous and staged…And either the employees are acting or they’re so stupid they don’t even deserve those minimum wage jobs. But it also shows how out of touch these CEOs are with what goes on in their companies. I used to work in PR at McDonalds and once a year they made every single employee work in a restaurant to see what really goes on and how hard it is. Who’s to blame when these CEOs have dirty stores, inefficient technologies or techniques, employees who don’t feel appreciated and can’t afford food

14. DJr Sut says:

Can someone explain to me why CBS killed Hawaii 5-0 with that move to Friday nights? Even Steve Garrett can’t seem to find the murderer and I have not watched it since. I love the show and it’s one of the best casts on TV so why move it from it’s prime Monday night slot where it garnered the top spot every week, even in reruns. Maybe Les Moonves can find another reality show for the network starring the most annoying and hated couple to grace the Big 3 screen, Brendon the P-Whipped husband of Rachel, the fake everything from the hips up human screech machine. The only way to explain his obvious obsession with this couple being on every show is they have something on he and his wife Julie Chen(bot).
    Now to my personal downer of the week…
    Unfortunately it looks like one of the newest and best sit-coms this year may be biting the dust after it’s 13 episode run without really being given a chance. The freshest thing FOX has put out in several years besides animation, didn’t have a chance. I’m talking about the series, ENLISTED. With an unbelievable cast including; Geoff Stults (in his 3rd Fox series), Chris Lowell (talented photographer as well: http://www.chrislowellphotography.com), Parker Young (nothing more to say than eye candy for everyone, straight, gay, hippopotamus, it doesn’t matter) as 3 brothers serving in the Army stationed at the same post for military misfits, extraordinary actor David Keith as their Sgt. Major with a tie to the brother’s father, and the beautiful Angelique Cabral as the semi love interest (maybe?, we may never know) and rival of Sgt. Pete Hill.
    If anyone from FOX reads this, listen to the critics, listen to the reviews, and most of all… Listen to the fans and RENEW THIS SHOW!