Veronica Mars Movie Sneak Peek: Watch the First Two Info-Filled Minutes Now!

Need a refresher before you see the Veronica Mars movie? Or perhaps you’re a newbie who needs a history lesson?

The film’s opening sequence actually has you covered on that front, and you can watch the recap montage before you even hit the theater on March 14.

PHOTOS | Veronica Mars Movie Scoop: Love Lives, Jobs and Offspring Exposed! Plus: A ‘Mature’ Logan?

“A teenaged private eye. Trust me, I know how dumb that sounds,” Veronica begins as scenes from the TV series play. “But it’s not like I found a decoder at the bottom of a cereal box and thought, ‘That sounds like fun.’ I wish. That would have been adorable.”

As for her relationship with Logan, their mutual need to make someone pay and distrust drew them together — and ultimately “tore us apart,” sums up V.

Then the one-time P.I. reveals that she got out of tumultuous Neptune life — and it’s kind of earlier than expected!

Press PLAY to watch the sneak peek, then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. SUSO says:

A two minute “Previously On” recap at the beginning of a major motion picture doesn’t strike me as the best way to appeal to the masses. Can’t one use…what’s the word…exposition…to get the same information across? This cheapens everything, at least to me.

Ah well, I’ll still be there opening weekend.

• D says:

It’s a motion picture based off of a tv show…I think the previously on recap style is cute and a nice throwback to the first episode! I am so excited I practically was squealing watching this!!

• Kay says:

The sex and the city movie had a previously in beginning too.

• Jim McD says:

I thought exactly the same thing. It’s long, too. I read that the studio made them add it. Hope it doesn’t slow things down too much.

• David4 says:

It’s needed, think of it as a Bond beginning or something. Not many non-fans will be watching it anyways. Do you think they will go out of their way to find a theater that plays it just to walk out in two minutes?

Firefly movie needed more of this time of deal.

• murley says:

The bond theme is a good analogy. I wonder if they will run opening credits over it.

• alistaircrane says:

It’s not needed at all. If “not many non-fans” will be watching, then it absolutely is unnecessary!

• David4 says:

I’m a fan and I think it’s a nice little opening to refresh your memory being it’s been years.

The studio wants new viewers to watch, I don’t think they will because it’s such a limited release movie, but if it does well and maybe possibly goes wider then it’s perfect.

2. bobbie says:

Oh I so expected that at the end we would get that awesome theme song. I was ready for it, but oooo it didn’t happen now I will have to youtube it.

A great show highly correlated with a great theme song? I always think so…..almost always

3. Ava says:

“People say I’m a marshmallow” – such a sweet nod to the fans!

• Ashbash says:

The marshmallow line is a nod to the end if the pilot episode after Veronica helps Wallace he tells her that underneath her tough exterior that she’s a marshmallow. The voice over then says you know what they say, Veronica Mars, She’s a marshmallow. it’s just a throwback to the pilot even though fans call themselves marshmallows

• Brynna says:

The Marshmallow thing has gone way beyond the end of the first episode and Kristin and Rob and all the cast acknowledge it happily. Just look at the cover of Entertainment Weekly. And Kristen called the fans marshmallows when she made videos for the Kickstarter campaign. I think it’s probably more to do with the fan movement then the end of the episode.

• Ashbash says:

It’s a direct quote from the first episode and I think it has to do with the fact that Veronica despite how hard edge and standoffish she is, is deep down a nice person who helps those in trouble despite history (like helping all those 09ers who burned her after lily died). Hence deep down she’s really a softy or marshmallow despite how she acts. That’s why I think despite how much the marshmallow thing means to fans, the quote is really more about the character Veronica Mars.

4. apres says:

Can’t wait to see this movie! I still can’t believe Kickstarter financed the whole movie. This is the way of the future to get movies made. If this scores at the box office, I expect to see everyone & their great grandmothers on Kickstarter . . . and that includes myself! LOL!!!

5. Kristin says:

Oh my gosh! I cannot wait for this movie to come out!

6. Lily says:

“You know what they say. Veronica Mars, she’s a marshmallow.” – pilot

I guess you’re still the same as before, Veronica.

7. Drewer says:

I love that Duncun might as well not exist, it’s funny how his charecter leaving made so little impact.

8. Carly says:

I appreciate that TVLine posted this right as I started my Veronica Mars marathon in anticipation of the movie

9. Alichat says:

Man….what a flashback to all three seasons! Since this wasn’t a leak by anyone but an official WB sneak peek, why are the resolution and sound so low?

10. Mike R. says:

I liked it, for someone who has never seen the show, I though I understood enough to jump right in. Still want to watch the show first though.

• Jill says:

So worth watching!!! Enjoy your first time!!! I am jealous of people who get to experience it for the first time, because those big VM moments are so much better the first time!!!

• Lecholls says:

Me too! It’s crazy, but I feel jealous of the first-timers. :)

• Stacy says:

Right?! I remember waiting and waiting for my sister to finish season 2 because I knew she’d be devastated by the end reveal. Such wicked joy getting to see her reaction. I should give my family a list of shows I should watch again if I ever get amnesia.

11. Tyler says:

LOVED THIS!!!!! TWO WEEKS!!!!!

12. alistaircrane says:

I’m annoyed that the studio made Rob Thomas do this. He didn’t want Veronica’s voice over to appear in the movie until she returns to her PI roots.

13. Et al says:

I’m so excited!!

14. liz says:

FRIGGEN AWESOME. I’m so excited!!! And ya, technically it was a recap of what we already know, but it was done really well. Gorgeous graphics.

15. Tierna says:

I’m super excited for this movie, but I found the first two minutes to be a bit cheesy TBH. I get that they have to do some exposition for people that never watched the TV show, but…eh.

My husband who hasn’t ever seen a second of VM thought it looked like something he might want to watch, but he agreed that the voice over was a bit cheese.

• alistaircrane says:

To be honest, they shouldn’t be catering to people who never watched the show. They should be catering to the fans, you know, the ones who PAID for this movie to be made.

• David4 says:

So the movie should only be made for the 80,000 people who “paid” for it?

WB owns the rights, not you, you don’t like that then go read some fan fiction.

16. Taffyposh says:

I am on Vacation in the US when this comes out and I cannot wait…. I had goosebumps watching this…. feel a tear coming when I do watch the movie!

17. Doug H says:

It will be interesting to see those old TV clips on a big screen,,, I suspect AMC will stuff this movie in their smaller theaters… I’ve never had popcorn and seen VM…

I wonder how long it’ll run??? It will also be on digital download same day for purchse from Amazon…. $20…