Vampire Diaries EP on Katherine's 'Final' Move, Damon's Salvation, Forwood's Future and More

Vampire Diaries Season 5The Vampire Diaries returns from its post-Olympics hiatus tonight (8/7c on The CW), but for Katherine, the games have just begun.

With an already damaged Damon now infected with Dr. Wes’ virus, Stefan and Katherine (whom he still thinks is Elena) embark on a life-saving road trip. But first, a sexy detour!

RELATED | Exclusive Vampire Diaries Sneak Peek: Katherine and Stefan Have a Snuggly Study Session

“Katherine being Katherine, the master manipulator, she contrives these reasons for [her and Stefan] to get a hotel room, and get the shower running,” executive producer Caroline Dries tells TVLine. “She basically decides, ‘Today’s the day I’m going to make my move on Stefan Salvatore.'”

And while many fans will enjoy the encounter — Dries says “Katherine is at her sexiest” and refers to it as “basically fan fiction” — make no mistake, there will be hell to pay for it in the coming weeks.

“Elena will ultimately return to the show, back to her friends and her old life, but there will be the fallout from everything Katherine left in her wake,” Dries says. “Just when he seemed to finally be getting over Elena and starting to heal, Katherine stormed into his life and reopened that wound.”

RELATED | The CW Sets Season Finale Dates for Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, Reign and Others

Dries also discusses Matt’s biggest threat, Caroline’s future with Tyler, her lingering feelings — or lack thereof — for Klaus and the possibility of another Originals crossover before Season 5 comes to a close.

TVLINE | Even before getting infected, Damon was headed down a dark path. What, or who, will it take to bring him back?
It’s not going to be an easy road for Damon to come back, because what he did was pretty bad. What we’re trying to explore is, now that Stefan is moving on from Elena after this whole Katherine chapter closes, he’s trying to figure out the next big movement in his life. And since his brother needs him more than ever, Stefan will be the one to kind of pick him up — in a very Stefan kind of way.

TVLINE | I imagine Stefan and Damon will have very different reactions when they discover that Elena is really Katherine.
They definitely will, but their shock of discovering that it’s Katherine will be trumped by the fact that they need to figure out how to get Elena back. That’s the more urgent thing, so ultimately, they have to figure out how to mastermind the master manipulator. It becomes a ‘Katherine vs. our heroes’ kind of storyline, which is very fun.

vampire-diaries-groupTVLINE | When Katherine does eventually leave Elena’s body, will she really be gone forever? Or is there a chance she could jump into someone else‘s body next?

TVLINE | What about Nadia? If Katherine goes away, will her daughter still have a purpose?
Yes, Nadia will have a purpose. As Katherine is outed by our friends — the show’s heroes — her relationship with Nadia becomes the most important thing in her life, so you’ll see how that works out.

TVLINE | Could Matt also have something to do with that purpose? I’m sensing sparks between them.
Nadia, like Katherine, has always had a little thing for Matt. Maybe it just got passed through the genes. To Nadia, Matt is human. He’s just a good guy. He’s everything that Nadia’s not, although she might actually be good if she wasn’t so hellbent on finding her mom throughout time. So she can’t help but feel like Matt is this good person, like a wounded puppy. She’s not sure what to do with him. He’s also harboring this huge secret now, and she doesn’t want to kill him, but she will if she has to.

TVLINE | Based on previews, it looks like Tyler and Caroline are slowly becoming friends again. Any chance they’ll become more than friends again?
For now, they’re still working on their friendship, since Tyler was so offended by the fact that she slept with Klaus. And it’s not just the sexual element of it; Klaus represents everything that’s ruined Tyler’s life in the past few years. So Caroline feels terrible that she’s done this to Tyler, but she’s also a strong woman, so she’s perfectly capable of feeling bad about it without Tyler reminding her every five seconds about what she did. They still have some kinks to work out before they can even become friends.

TVLINE | And just to clarify, does she still have feelings for Klaus, or did she just need to get that out of her system?
Personally, I think she needed to get it out of her system. When they had their scene, she made it pretty clear she never wanted to see him again, so in that sense, she needed to get it out of her system. … It feels like she’s closed the book on that.

TVLINE | Any chance for another crossover with The Originals before the end of the season?
I don’t think we have anything in the works right now. There’s something special we’re trying to do, but I don’t know if it’s going to pan out, so I won’t spoil it.

Your turn, Vampire Diaries fans: Do you think Katherine’s final days are really upon us? Should Caroline and Tyler get back together? Drop a comment with your thoughts and theories below.

1. spindae2 says:

Great Interview! I’m interested to see how the next Katherine Pierce move is going to look like, the show can’t go on without her. I really hope Caroline and Tyler stay as far as possible from each other.

2. J says:

Yawn, I am sick of how much press and crap this series gets when it is utter trash. I gave up on it after the third season and only came here to post my opinion. This show is BORING and I am sorry Nina Dobrev sucks as an actress.

• amanda says:

;LOLLLLLLL maybe somerhalder sucks as a actor!!!!!!!!!

• Hmm says:

Although I have always said “to each their own,” I might have to break my own rule here. Ian sucks as an actor? That is just laughable. If you believe that, you haven’t been watching the same show the rest of us have.

• Dmac says:

No, I wouldn’t say the “rest of us”. Truthfully he can’t act he reacts. He is good at snarky but that is about it.

• angel says:

lol ian is just about bulging his eyes and smirking

• wrstlgirl says:

I’m glad I’m not alone in feeling this way. Sadly Ian comes across as very smug to me outside of his acting, or lack thereof. Don’t know the guy personally, of course, but I’m really over the “smirk”.

• alys says:

PLEASE IAN ACTS THE SAME FOR 5 YEARS. NOTHING NEW. ALL THE TIME THE SAME. SMIRKING IS NOT ACTING.

• LOOOOOOL so true!! ian is just about bulging his eyes and smirking..so lame acting

• xtina says:

Nina is the only actress that can play many characters from this idiot show with bad writing so please

• wrstlgirl says:

Doesn’t matter is they’re all done poorly. Sorry but I also think Nina is way overrated as an actress. I would love for her to prove me wrong by being fantastic in another show or movie, but TVD isn’t gonna do it.

• wrstlgirl says:

if they’re all done poorly. Sorry this site really needs an edit button :-)

• michael says:

Dobrev has for sure better skills than Somerhalder. He is all about being shirtless, doing that eye thing, and that thing with his mouth that he always do, and even that annoying smirk. i don’t even remember when i saw a ian decent scene. The writers don’t even risk with him by giving him other storylines that is not about killing and smirking. And hello it passed 5 years. Is because they don’t trust his acting. Many people are already over his annoying character

• wrstlgirl says:

I was never on the Ian bandwagon to begin with so……….but I will say that I enjoy evil Damon much more than love sick Damon. Probably due to the fact that I can’t stand Nina Dobrev, LOL.

• #zara says:

in my opinion when a show-movie writing just sucks to hard ( look at tvd first 2 seasons and now what a big difference in everything..direction..writing..all) you just see it in those actors acting. Like i watched 2×07 yesterday and i swear all this actors were acting wayyyy better in the first 2 seasons when KEVIN was writing and was controling the show.

• #queen says:

My main problem he is smirking in real life to and it kinda creapy. Like ok was good the first season i got it but now getting to season 5 and basically his character makes me wish to be killed of. He is like ” i am damon..i am bad. (smirk)..very bad( smirk)..you can’t change me ( smirk)”. LOL . if i see Nina and Paul getting some other job after tvd i find it hard to see ian doing decent stuff in acting.

• wrstlgirl says:

I’m not really all that surprised that we haven’t seen any of them in other things, during TVD off season. Maybe they have and I’ve just missed them, dunno. But keep in mind that this is a show on the CW. Not meaning to dismiss actors on the network as a whole but none of these shows would have ever made it on the other networks. The CW standards are low in comparison :-)

• Amber says:

I totally respect your opinion but i have to disagree about the ”Nina Dobrev sucks as an actress part”. If you’ve stopped watching after season 3, you can’t really judge her work, which as been excellent since last season (”stand by me” alone would prove your statement wrong). And this season in particular, she’s going above and beyond…

• AJ says:

If he watches 3 seasons, he has seen about 60 episodes of Nina Dobrev acting. I think you can judge something quite nicely based on 60 episodes.

• Meghan says:

I cant agree more, this season Nina Dobrev has had to play 3 characters that are in the same room together, that takes talent.You cant say that she’s a rubbish when you haven’t watched all of her work.

• Maya says:

To be honest unfortunately I agreed with the bad acting comments, I think even Nina’s acting has low the quality I was watching the first season and her Katherine’s performance was excellent, now it kinda look bored and tired, they all seem like that, the bad writing it’s just killing this show.

• meron says:

It’s not boring. u don’t now any thing about it

• Beatriz says:

Well, your opinion really has no effect on TVD. At the end of the day, the entire cast and crew of TVD have millions of fans and millions of dollars while you’re sitting on your ass giving a show you haven’t even fully watched a bad review. It really doesn’t matter if Ian can’t act to the standards of an Oscar winner, because I would bet my bottom dollar in a heartbeat that if you were to be on the show, you’d fail miserably and embarrass yourself to death. In other words, don’t criticize other people, especially when you’re worse than they are.

3. hazeleyes06 says:

I laugh when I think about Klaroline fans’ reaction to that last comment. I imagine a bunch of picketers marching around JP’s house, listening to that answer, shrugging, then protesting louder than ever.

• foreverklarolinehahahaha says:

Why care about our reactions? We don’t even watch both shows lol.

• Nicole says:

Why do you care about our reactions?

• Sarahliz says:

I know it, they have gotten so out of hand. They are determined to bring The Originals down just so they can have the two of them together. It’s unbelievable. I’ve never seen shippers who were so ridiculous about it.

• wrstlgirl says:

It’s scary how horrible some shippers are. Thousands of TWD fans who are Caryl shippers are going so far as to send Emily Kinney vile tweets and threats regarding her character Beth possibly getting together with Daryl on the show. It’s borderline psycho. Peeps really need to chill. It’s just a television show, not real life :-)

• Lena says:

Shippers period can be a nightmare. The same thing is happening with Arrow right now. Olicity fans are going crazy on some sites and I also read that some have been sending hate messages to the woman who plays Sara on the show.

• wrstlgirl says:

Yeah, I heard that too. It’s just beyond ridiculous.

• Yep, shippers can destroy a show. and i say SOME. because there are healthy shippers out there, but there are some that just are very annoying. Some of These ‘Olicity’ shippers are ridiculous annoying. Arrow isn’t a show about romance, so if these people are watching the show for a some ship, they are watching for the wrong reasons. I’m just very happy about arecent SA interview.

• meg says:

You haven’t come across the Blair/Chuck crowd then. Nutty shippers!

• Rita says:

That’s not true… *sigh*
        We just don’t care about anything else on the show, ok? What are we supposed to do? Watch the show without liking it, feeling miserable after every episode, just so the show survives and you keep being able to watch it? In what world is that fair or logical?
        There’s never been a more disregarded fandom than Klaroline’s, and yet you still expect people to keep enduring everything that’s being done to them? Please.

The writers have said it themselves, if you don’t like a tv show, don’t watch it! That’s what those who don’t like TVD or TO anymore, like me, are doing. And even though Klaroline might be 50% the reason why, I could list you the dozen other reasons that make for the remaining 50%.

Which doesn’t mean we’ll stop loving our favorite pairing or leave our online communities, which are like second families to us, just because they want us to. So, stop bad-mouthing us and please, just leave us alone! Jeez…

• wrstlgirl says:

This is a double edged sword so to speak. I agree, if you don’t like a show because your favorites are no longer on it then yes, stop watching it. But if that’s the case then also please stop trying to force something onto non-shippers who still enjoy the show. Just as you want to be left alone,etc. they also get tired of hearing the complaining. It has to work both ways. And to say that no other fandom has been disregarded more than the Klaroline fans is ridiculous. There are plenty of shippers out there that feel just as you do about their favs. For the record, I do not ship. I think it’s a waste of time and energy. I enjoy shows for what they are and what they have to offer me. But that’s my choice. If shipping is yours then great.

• Rita says:

But look, I think there are 2 things you have to understand.
            The 1st, is that you don’t “choose to ship”. I’ve watched The Vampire Diaries for the last 5 years and I’ve never been as struck by anything on the show as I was by them, both couple and storyline wise. I’ve loved a lot of plots on the show in the first 2 seasons, season 3 already had a different tone to it, because of the Originals, but still, I liked the show for itself… But then, plot wise, it went downhill. Suddenly, Klaroline was the only reason why I was watching, an accidental couple which I couldn’t help but fall in love with and whose journey I wanted to see. You don’t control these things, specially if you are apart of online communities like tumblr/twitter/youtube etc.. Where you meet people who feel the same as you do, which only fuels even more what you feel regarding the pairing.
            And 2nd, is that just because you ask people to stop feeling a certain way about something, to accept that something they love will end, it won’t happen! You can ask people to stop hating on the actors/producers. I agree with you. You can ask people to stop hating and blaming the fans, which is what I just did. But for as much as you or I would like to control the way we feel, that’s something we can’t do. I’m telling you, the more people try to shove us down, the more we want to fight for Klaus and Caroline to happen!
            So, what you’re asking in comparison to what I’m asking makes no sense! I’m just asking for people to stop SAYING BAD THINGS about Klaus and Caroline’s fans, not the ship (hate Klaroline all you want, if it pleases you), but the real human beings who constitute the fandom. Because we might be against another ship, but you don’t see us going around saying people from other fandoms are sick, crazy, psychos etc… Just like you don’t see us asking other fandoms to STOP ROOTING FOR their couples just because it’s “irritating” or we’re “tired” of them… Like, seriously?
            It’s not our fault that Klaroline has a huge fanbase whose voice reaches all media platforms and other fandoms. That just goes to prove how there are so many people out there wanting them together. But we have as much right to support and fight for our favorite couple as ANY other fan has. We just had the “unfortune” of being the fanbase of the couple who’s being dissed by the writers at the moment. Still, what you’re asking is just… Not fair.

By the way, the fact that we’re the most disregarded fandom is my personal opinion, but I’ll just list you why: Spin-off – characters in different shows, Klayley one night stand, Hayley pregnant with Klaus’ child, Klaus being paired with all the women on TO, Caroline being paired with all the men on TVD, writers dissing Klaroline’s development, writers and actors who used to push for Klaroline and who made promises, not caring anymore about the fanbase or what they created, actors saying bad thing about us, other members of the TVD/TO family acting like their saints and we are devils, making Klaus kill Jenna and Tyler’s mum = saying it was over back then and constantly reminding us of it, like as if Klaus is the only bad person ever in this show and Caroline would never be with him, but then all the other ships are just perfectly funtional and happy… Like, seriously… These are like, the problems of all the other fandoms combined into one. It’s too much.

• wrstlgirl says:

Rita – we can agree on one thing. This makes no sense.

• Rita says:

Didn’t expect you to care or understand either. Hopefully someone else will, though. I’ve said all I needed to say.

• Carmel says:

I do agree your opinion.I’m also a Klaroline shipper but eversince I’ve read news about Klaroline and listens to interviews of JoMo and Candice it kinda disappointed me the fact that both said it is over for Klaus and Caroline!It’s disgusting how the writers kinda lied to us fans only to support their new spin off!However, i can’t write everything i would like to say bout the both tv shows but all i can say is I’m really upset i just don’t wanted seeing Klaroline having sex coz they are having more than just a romp in the woods!It’s like well new show forget everything what happendd on TVD concerning Klaus and Caroline they just have to move on coz they have their lives to live!all bla bla bla for me they didn’t had the intention to get them together!The episode 5×11 was for the fans to be satisfied and then that was it folks!!!Shame on you Julie Plec!!

• LOL, true, most of Klaroline shippers are just ridiculous. I’m very pleased that this insane ship is gone, even if i don’t have anything really against them, but the shippers are very annoying. The Originals is so good!!

• Jason says:

You should see the comments on the TV Guide interview with Joseph Morgan. I swear it’s like a horny teenage girl apocalypse. Those shippers are crazy thinking they represent everyone who watches TVD and TO

• Dmac says:

Let’s not forget the D/E fans they can go off the rails. I refuse to take anyone seriously that mixes names together of their favorite couple.

4. CBWBDK1 says:

I wish Katherine would stay in elena’s body and take over permanently. I hate the elena character.

5. bed skirting says:

I like tthe helpful information you provide in your articles.
    I will bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly.
    I’m quite sure I’ll leqrn many new stuff right here!
    Good luhck for thee next!

6. Susan says:

I’m glad to hear that Caroline and Tyler are going to be working on their friendship–it’s always been one of my favorite parts of the show. I hope they don’t rush it, I’d love to see them get back together romantically at some point! <3

• Maryann says:

Yes! But I’m not sure how Caroline could possibly redeem herself after what she did. If they get back together, all I ask is that the writers make it psychologically believable.

7. Melanie says:

Please finally kill Tyler. I used to love him and be a gib fan of Forwood, but the producers not having place for Tyler in past storyline and bouncing him all around (and in order shows for 2 eps and then make him disappear in the blur again) has destroyed the character. He’s not interesting anymore and he did more hurt to Caroline that way and I think they can’t recover from that.

8. hello says:

Twice Damon has tried to kill Jeremy, if Elena forgives him this time i will stop watching this show and The Originals

• Guest says:

AMEN!! But since she is a shell of her formal self now that she is a vampire she will forgive him. She is the one case where a character has become a vampire and instead of elevating who she was as a human she became someone totally different.

• Dmac says:

Why stop watching the Originals because Elena is a complete shell of her former self and Damon’s lap dog?

• Maryann says:

I would just like to understand what the shippers see in the Caroline / Klaus pairing. He is an abusive monster. How could any woman respect herself (or her safety!) if she gets involved with someone like that?

• Maya says:

Damon was the same in the beginning, he abuse Caroline, compeling her, hurting her, etc. and apparently nobody remembers that.

• Clint says:

Well I think the 12-14 year olds are into that, and being the major demographic, they have the loudest say, and needs. I dislike that pairing as well, I feel it doesn’t make sense.

9. meah says:

My problem with julie plec is that she reads way too much fan fiction,I don’t know who’s worse she or I marlene king(of pretty little liars).To me the show isn’t moving foward,its stagnant and repetitive.
    Havnt we all seen damon go down this same lane?same with the whole stefan would fall for elena again BS?.
    Stefan needs a new girl friend It would have been cool for him to date Heather hemmens character..caroline needs a new love interest,same with damon,tyler,matt!!
    Julie plec pls in the name of God move on from the love triangle.the show is its fifth season,the characters need to evolve,not date the same people intermittently.

10. foreverklarolinehahahaha says:

Klaroliners give zero reaction for all of this. We just stop watching both shows lol.

11. Dominique says:

I think I’m the only one who’s not even remotely interested in havng Katherine around. I’m just so done with her, it’s always the same thing, over and over again. It’s boring, and although she’s not my favorite character, I prefer Elena over Katherine, and wish Elena would come back.

• Maryann says:

You are definitely not the only one. I finally liked Katherine just a little in her “death” scene just before she stole Elena’s body, but when it became clear that it was just another manipulation, I was totally disgusted. Katherine is totally predictable, and in that predictability, totally boring. The story line was ok, but it has already dragged on twice as long as it should have. Here’s hoping that when they get Katherine out of Elena’s body, she will finally be gone for good.

• Mari says:

Nope. Not alone. I’m tired of her and of Nadia.

12. bordeaux says:

The funniest part of the book for me was where Labro described
    American men as falling into two camps: those who could crush beer cans with one hand and those who could not.
     A tout événement tapis rouge vous êtes en mesure d’assister à des célébrités marchant vers le bas avec des Vanessa bruno pas cher de créateurs inestimables.
    mieux comprendre dans d’autres sujets de la meilleure mani.

13. I just need hope that Caroline and Klaus will be together sooner or later.

14. Anna says:

Amazing interview. :) DE ♥

15. Anna says:

Elena forgave everyone on the show even KATHERINE. YES, KATHERINE! Katherine didn’t do anything to earn the forgiveness but Elena still forgave her.
    She was always that compassionate. And this will never change.
    Damon will earn his forgiveness unlike other characters on the show.

Hyprocite much????

16. Rita says:

This is Caroline Dries speaking, people, not Julie Plec. I think we have to be fair (and this is coming from a Klaroline fan!) and if we hold Julie accountable for what she says, we also need to be capable of not doing so, when she doesn’t do anything.

I honestly don’t have an emotional reaction to this interview, I’m just numb. LOL, after everything Klaus and Caroline fans had to hear, THIS is really nothing.
    And I’m actually fine with it, because Caroline Dries was respectful in what she said and it is, afterall, the truth, that on Caroline’s part she wanted to get him off of her system to be able to keep on with her life plans, as she said. She’s still so young, naive and spiritful… She still needs to hit her head a bit to realise the world is not all black and white. But one day she’ll come to the conclusion that she can’t just plan out her entire life forever, she has to be able to do and admit to what “she truly wants”, “her darkest desires” as she put in her confession to Klaus. So here’s where my only problem with what was written here, lies.

I don’t want to see Caroline keep being slut-shamed and regretful of her actions. If she’s a strong woman, as Caroline Dries said, she should be able to stand up to herself and say, yes it hurts me that I hurt you, but I stand by my actions, I take my consequences and I don’t owe you a thing because we’re not together and especially not after what you did to me too. I thought they had handled Caroline so well post-hot-hybrid-sex in 5×12, but from there on, and as it seems in tonight’s episode too, they’ll just keep ruin everything. That’s where the real shame lies.

And I just hope they realise, at the very least, that continuing Forwood romantically is like beating on a dead horse. Just no.

17. Andrew Hass says:

That was a nice article.As for Caroline and Klaus she may still have feelings for him but also knows them been together will never work.So her having sex with Klaus might have been sort of a goodbye in a way and she won’t have to wonder anymore what having sex with him would have been like.I also hope Caroline and Tyler become friends again but it may not be the same way it was before.As for Katherine for now the show might be the closing the door on the character but still leave it slightly open for her to return again.That way the other characters could think she’s gone for good and let their guard down but she’s still around somewhere.

18. wrstlgirl says:

Vampire Diaries has gotten so bad these last couple of seasons it’s barely watchable. ALL the romances have been done and rehashed over and over again to the point where they’ve lost all credibility. The stories are repetitive and boring. I keep watching, waiting and hoping that the show will find it’s way again but it’s just not happening.

19. jenny says:

poor stefan is going to get his heart broke again when elena comes back and no caroline is better off with klaus tyler was so mean to her and klaus would make her dreams come true and she makes klaus want to be a better person.

20. I don’t hate the Katherine storyline. As long as it doesn’t drag out forever I am looking forward to see what they do with it – how they get Elena back, if Katherine is gone forever.

As for Caroline, I don’t think she and Tyler can be a couple again. I think eventually she will end up with Klaus. No time soon given he is in New Orleans but in theory they have all the time in the world to find their way to each other.

21. AMY says:

CAN SOMEONE KILL DAMON???????????? I AM TIRED OF THIS CHARACTER. AND IAN JUST SUCKS AS A ACTOR SORRY

22. flash says:

I’m done with this show. I kept waiting for it to evolve, but no. Its repetitive and lots of scenes made my eyes roll. The first three seasons were cool, but Julie Plec has ruined it.

23. Meredith says:

Please, for the love of all things holy do not put Caroline and Tyler back together. They both chose Klaus over each other and that’s just where it needs to end. Tyler had checked out of their relationship 75% of the time anyway on his vengeance quest. It’s definitely time to say good-bye to some old characters and introduce some new more permanent ones that can breathe life into the show. Tyler, Matt and Nadia can all go their characters serve no purpose as it stands right now.

• Mari says:

Mostly agree, agree, and agree. I think Caroline made a bizarre choice, but don’t see how it’s a giant victimization of Tyler –he broke up with her, after doing a pretty obvious try at a passive dump over the summer. He could go away. Nadia could go away. (I wouldn’t mind if they kept Matt–especially if they remembered they planted seeds in season one hinting his mom was something supernatural.)

24. Delena26 says:

If you don’t like Elena don’t watch the show because she will be coming back. She isn’t going anywhere so get over it and if you don’t like her don’t watch the show. Elena is a main character she is basically what the show is about. Read the books if you haven’t and you will see what the book version is all about. Elena is the main character she isn’t going anywhere. Also Katherine may still be around after Elena is back. But who knows what she will do she may disappear again and like I said she is not the main character Elena is.

25. dean_93@live.com says:

Over this crappy show

26. Amy says:

Plz no more borewood -___-

27. Sebastian says:

When was the first crossover? There can’t be “another crossover” without there having been a first, and I don’t remember one.

28. Xanthe says:

Hi Everyone… If you you dont like the show why are you watching is and why are you on the site. I believe you are wasting your time if you all really feel this way then to be here. And many of you say you stopped watching the show however you want to judge the characters. Move on and let Vampire Diaries continue to entertain us who enjoy the show. Go and watch TCM or Barbie and the Nutcracker.
    Have a great day…. and Vampire Diaries is great cant wait for the next episodes….

• wrstlgirl says:

This is an open forum. Everyone is entitled to voice there opinion, good or bad. Clearly you don’t like the negative comments, that’s your choice, So don’t waste your time reading them and move on :-)

• tripoli says:

You should take your own advice. You constantly go after people who post comments you don’t like or agree with. Perhaps you too should ignore them and move on.

• wrstlgirl says:

I respectfully disagree with your assessment. I will post an opposing comment to someone I disagree with and definitely will defend myself when attacked or provoked but I do NOT call people names, tell them that they shouldn’t be here, or try to own a public forum, etc. So to say that I “go after” people is just not true.

29. Sadiddy says:

As much as i adore Klaroline i just wish my fellow shippers would just stop with the trends and petitions and just accept that its over. Its finished. The end. Its never gonna happen. Quit both shows if u want but not for the reason that Klaroline isnt happening. Urgh man! As for Nina Dobrev, ive never really liked her as Elena i prefer Katherine but i only watch TVD mostly because im crazy about Candice Accola ;)

30. Katherine is the queen says:

Katherine can´t no die please!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

I agree. Katherine is the ultimate survivor. When the world gets zapped by a nuclear blast, it should be Katherine and the cockroaches left.

31. Sofia says:

This is easy guys….don’t like it???? Stop watching! but stop with the negativity…gotta be propositive…have an idea to improve the show, storylines or characters….go ahead….if not just change the page and move on….

32. janet says:

I just want Stefan to be happy.

33. Liza says:

I agree that the show needs to move forward. Too many repetitive storylines!!! And please please please give Matt and Tyler something to do. They are both gorgeous, fine actors and are so underused on this show! There needs to be more than the triangle all the time!

34. Maryann says:

I would like to compliment Nina Dobrev on her acting. It only takes 2-3 seconds to tell if you are watching Katherine or Elena, even when Katherine is pretending to be Elena. That is pretty darned layered! She has managed to create two totally different, totally believable characters for the show.

35. Une de Mai says:

“That’s something everyone will have to wait and see, but I will say that what happens with that is something we’ve never done on the show before. It’s pretty final.”

Well, no one ever died without coming back one way or another, so I’m guessing Katherine will disappear forever. Which sucks, because she’s fun, entertaining, dynamic and she knows what she wants, unlike Elena “which brother do I love today” Gilbert. Elena only has a purpose when it comes to the two Salvatores, which is pretty pathetic for a main character.

Also, damn, kill Damon off already. Ian’s acting in season five is really, really bad (I’m not saying he’s a bad actor, I’m just saying his acting skills this season are terrible) and Damon as a character is so played out. The love of his life dumps him -> He goes off to kill her friends and brother. Excuse me? If Elena forgives him AGAIN (considering he has already tried to kill every single person she cares about) then she’s even more pathetic than I already thought she was.

36. Rose says:

So Caroline finally admitted to Klaus she has feelings for him, so she had sex with him to forget about them?! Sure, makes perfect sense! Like that stupid conversation you had the nerve to write and make them act! Say you care for me and I’ll never bother you again! In what universe does that ever happen?! Right! In TVD makesnosense one!

37. KA says:

I’ve been a Caroline and Klaus fan since the start. And totally still am. I do think Caroline needed to get him out of her system but I don’t think the two of them are done. The way I saw it was Caroline has her life and plans for the future and Klaus has his life in New Orleans. But they are both immortal, so they have time. It is my thinking that they will both live their separate lives. Caroline will live the full college and post college experience. But like Klaus said at the 1920s Decade Dance, one day Caroline will show up on his door step and he’ll show her the world. As much as I love their interactions and I want them together I’m sure their connection can withstand a few decades. I’m patient.

38. I don’t understand why they are giving so many spoilers away! Of course all of the fans know that Elena is coming back, but at least give the Katherine fans hope that this is a permanent situation! Don’t just tell us what’s going to happen, let the storyline play out! Also, if they kill of Katherine’s character permanently, I will definitely be done with the show. She’s really the only character, besides Nadia, that I still care for. If you were going to kill of someone and have it be final, why not kill Tyler? He is unnecessary and has never had an interesting plot! Why take off the most exciting character of the show? Anyway, I hope that my ranting ends up being for nothing and the writer’s have something else in store for Katherine’s character. I’ve got my fingers crossed!

39. Tamara Ashton says:

Anyone who doubts Ian Somerhalder as an actor needs to go watch the episode in Season 2 where Rose dies. His transformation in acting while cradling Rose in his arms and taking her into that beautiful dream as she died and putting the stake through her heart at her happiest moment, and then being rejected by Elena/Katherine, and then the emotions of his existential dilemma on the road before killing that girl… THAT was a true actor at work. His progression of emotions made me know in that moment that he has raw talent. The writing was far better back then and gave the actors much better material to work with then the last couple seasons.

• Dmac says:

Having one good scene in season two does not make him a good actor, it makes it an off day for him. He usually chews up scenes with his bugging eyes, smirks and snarking comments. To each his own though.

40. Johana says:

Stefan MUST end up with Katherine!

41. Abc says:

Clearly I am in the minority because seriously kill off Damon? Personally I’d rather they’d just cancel the show. I’ve never been a shipper and I could really care less who Elena ends up with but everything that happened last episode was entirely unbelievable. Everyone can say Damon is evil and all that crap but let’s not forget they are all vampires including Stefan who has also done evil things and came back from it, and Damon has grown so much over the past few seasons that I don’t think he would ever just randomly give in and start acting like that because of one girl. It’s character regression not character development and character development is what keeps a show alive. As for people crying about Elena forgiving him, well calm down Jeremy lived and Stefan did have a point when he said that Damon was always there for her. Did anyone notice how he helps everyone solve all these problems all these years but the minute he does something bad the people in his life give up on him? Maybe he needs someone besides Elena around telling him he doesn’t need to be like that? Or maybe people should stop abandoning him when he goes evil and start helping like they do when Stefan goes evil? Plus she’s going to be with whoever she wants anyway so it’s dumb you all cry about it. I think we should all be more upset at the writers crappy character writing these last few episodes.

• Dmac says:

And your not a shipper??? Come on your clearing a Damon fan. LOL

• Abc says:

A shipper wants a couple together. I could care less if they are together. I’d much rather the writers focus on keeping the characters developing not regressing if that makes any sense. Lol.

• wrstlgirl says:

Makes perfect sense to me and I agree 100%. A lot of great potential stories have been neglected to make room for that stupid love triangle and the show is losing viewers because of it.

42. Ashley Luna says:

When elena does go back to her body can her and damon just not get back together? Im sick of them as a couple. And she is damon’s lap dog. If she forgives damon, even though he almost killed her brother im gonna think shes even more of a dumb bitch than i think she is now

43. I cant get enough of this show, season 5 is awesome :D

44. Well, instead of obsessing over the acting like everyone else, I’d actually like to answer your question. I hope Katherine does finally die, but at the same time she’s the biggest antagonist on here, so she kind of always lights the fire on this show. She brings suspense to this show, but these few episodes without Elena hasn’t felt exactly right to me. I hate seeing Damon torn apart, so the only reason I want Elena back is to make him happy again. I love the passion between those two, which is why I will always ship Delena over any couple. I was loving this non-Elena obsessed Stefan as well. I’m going to be pissed if Katherine ruined that. Stefan has been so humble, just watching out for everyone, and giving advice, helping everyone out, especially Caroline & Damon. This is just a better Stefan to me. Oh and I really don’t want to see Caroline & Tyler get back together. I’d really just appreciate it if Tyler, his attitude, and his anger issues would just leave the show. Tyler doesn’t even love Caroline enough to deserve her sympathy. He is obviously more obsessed with Klaus and revenge than Caroline. He needs learn that revenge really isn’t going to fix anything, Klaus is done with you, while you are refusing to let go. I understand that Klaus took a lot from him, but if Tyler doesn’t forgive, he’s going to hurt himself even more. Now it may be wrong to ship Klaroline, but I do believe they have strong feelings for each other. For the first time in a long time, someone has made Klaus feel again, in result to that, he showed a lot of emotion that he never thought he had. Caroline brings out the good in Klaus and Klaus brings thrill into Caroline’s life. Together they can be a hot pair. That’s just my opinion though. 😊✌️

• kmb0621 says:

It’s crazy how people are on here dissing a show that they probably don’t even watch anymore. and if they do watch it, well that’s just stupid. Usually, You don’t watch a show you hate the acting on or anything else. The way I see it is this season has been epic. I literally felt my heart drop into my stomach when Katherine took over Elenas body. I definitely want Elena back for Damons sake, and while I loved Elena and Stefan together in the beginning, I love Elena and Damon together even more than I thought I would. And if Elena does get her body back, I just have this crazy feeling that Katherine won’t be gone forever. She never is! lol, and as far as Klaus and Caroline being together, That was actually something I was looking forward to and when we got to see them hook up, I was super excited about that. I hope that somehow those two could work around all the drama of Tyler and maybe be together but I doubt that. I love Klaus and all his craziness. I definitely can’t wait to see the rest of the season and I hope that by Katherine acting the way she did with Stefan while she was in Elenas body don’t cause any problems for Stefan. I liked the way he was beforehand with an Elena-free mind because he was like, someone else said, humble! Team Delena and Klaroline, lol!

• wrstlgirl says:

Um, no it’s not crazy or stupid to continue to watch a show that you used to love in hopes that it might turn itself around and be great again. The fact that I dislike Elena (passionately) doesn’t mean that I can’t enjoy other parts of the story :-)

• Donna says:

Can’t stand Elena after she slept with Damon, tried looking at the show for Stefan but I couldn’t even do it for him. Stopped looking since middle of season 3 tried to go back and look at it again but just can’t. If they have a new love interest for Stefan, I will try again to look at it but now I can’t.

• Dmac says:

But Elena shouldn’t have to make Damon happy, he needs to be happy on his own and not go on a killing spree when they break up. That isn’t love that is obsession. I don’t want a humble Stephan, that is crap. I want the Stephan from the beginning of the season when he called them out on their affair and stood up for himself.

45. Cassie says:

I don’t get why everyone is saying how much they hate the show and the characters but yet they still care enough to comment about it. I personally enjoy TVD! It’s nice to have such a great show that I can get hooked on vs all this reality crap out on tv now. I think all the characters is what makes the show so great. I love elena and damon together. I think Katherine and Stefan are perfect together. I’m excited that the show was re newed for another season. :)

• Chantall says:

Elena and damon yeeeees! If katherine ends up with stefan what happens to elena? Think about that then again has tried killing everybody including his best friend caroline..he deservs someone who doesnt look like elena.. that would just remind him of the things he went trough with both elena and katherine..he must have someone diffrent and new a person he can start a clean slate with

46. Becky says:

Caroline Dries has unfortunately been drinking the Julie Plec kool-aid it seems since she’s giving us the same info as Joseph Morgan on the state of Klaroline. That’s a real shame in my opinion too since Klaroline was her (Caroline Dries’s) creation and it was such a hit. It makes absolutely no sense to flush something that’s working down the toilet for the sake of things that do not work or have yet to be tried.

I also hope that Caroline stays as far away from Tyler as possible, as someone previously stated. The fact that she even feels the need to be friends with a guy who ignored her for an army of hybrids he barely even knew and deserted her to seek revenge is seriously disturbing. Klaus has done nothing but make amends when it comes to Caroline, but if Julie wants to keep him out of her life for the sake of The Originals then so be it. But throwing Caroline and Tyler back together is such a bad idea. How about letting the female characters on your show have some agency without the influence of men?! Is that so much to ask for??? Caroline never has a plotline of her own that does not involve a romantic interest. I’d take that over Klaroline even.

We’re tired of love triangling Delena and Stelena, and the sooner these writers and producers realize that, the better. It’s old, it’s boring, and we’re sick of it. How about showing us the friendships of Seasons 1 and 2?!

• Chantall says:

I agree becky whatever happened to just being friends,and please do not ruin the caroline and stefan friendship i like it the way that it is..stop making the girls looklike slutbags by making letting them bedhopp all the time. And they should do something with bonni and jeremy( and no triangle). The show is getting crazy now..please no more bedhopping

47. ClaireC says:

In the case of the Doppleganger’s always ending up together, why is Stefan with Elena when its so clear he was originally meant to be with Katherine? I’m sure in a few hundred years Elena will find another doppleganger to fall in love with (presuming they have a brother whom she can also fall in love with) lol

• Chantall says:

Maybe yeah! But not elena and stefan too much has happened but im still rooting for a new girl to arrive in mystic falls for stefan and katherine dies.elena goes back to damon..caroline moves to new orleans to be with klaus..tyler goes to hell bonni and jeremy go and start a peacefull away from all this crap..matt moves away God knows he has been through alot..nadia and enzo start a life together

• ClaireC says:

Yes!! As well as Caroline, I think it would be really cool to have Stefan go to New Orleans as well for a cross over as a way of getting over Elena. Maybe have a storyline with him and Marcel being in the same regiment in the war, that way it’s not just Klaus related cross overs. Also I’m sure I read that Enzo’s true love “Maggie” will appear sometime soon, and Nadia is dying so that rules out those two but this could be the perfect opportunity for a little trip to N.O for some hybrid blood :)

48. Yvonne says:

Done with Tyler and Caroline. Done with Katherine. Done with Elena and Damon! Tyler and Caroline need new love interests. Elena needs to take a break from both brothers and have some “me” time to figure who she wants to be. (But end up with Stefan in the end xp). Damon needs to move on ( for the sake of the actors as well. Can u imagine having to play your exes love in a show!). And Katherine is just old news. People say Elena is always in need of saving, however they forget that all the bad guys seem to only want Elena. Whenever anybody is in trouble everyone helps out in the saving. And as far as Elena being boring, let her live a little and become a strong woman. Love Elena! Her character can grow, Katherine’s cannot. Put Elena and Stefan back together in a little while and stretch the stories with new charactors.

IMO :-)

• Chantall says:

Zara stelena should bot end up together just because they are doppelgangers doesnt mean they should end up together she can stay without a man..stefan deserves someone way better than bothe elena and katherine please bring in a new love intrest for stefan he should get a girl that hasnt had damon in bed..he is too good for any of the girls on the show

49. Marley says:

Uhmmmm…this might sound creepy…buh I wuz actually rooting for dat witch girl “Qestiyah” to hook up wit stefan tho..*walks away*

• Chantall says:

Lol! I never thought of that plus she was very beautifull but the creepy part is, is she had a guy that looked exactly like him argh! Remember silas?

50. Every weekend i used to pay a visit this web page, because i wish for enjoyment, since this this
    web page conations really fastidious funny material too.
    – parapharmacie vente en ligne