Cinemax's Strike Back Eyes Production Hiatus, Possible Season 4 Delay, After Star's Injury

Strike Back Sullivan StapletonStrike Back might have to unleash its final season later than anticipated, as Sullivan Stapleton, who stars as Sgt. Damien Scott, recovers from a serious, undisclosed injury sustained off-set.

RELATED | Cinemax’s Blanco Pilot Taps Franka Potente, Plus Vets of Prison Break, OITNB

Per our sister site Deadline, though Stapleton had pre-filmed some scenes so as to free up time to promote his upcoming film 300: Rise Of An Empire, production on the Cinemax series will continue through March, shooting around his absence, but then pause for six months, as Stapleton recuperates and returns to the peak physical condition needed for the action- and stunt-heavy drama.

As such, there stands the chance that Strike Back‘s final 10-episode season won’t premiere in late summer as projected.

RELATED | Cinemax’s Banshee Renewed for a Third Season

A statement from HBO/Cinemax and its Strike Back producing partners, posted to Deadline, reads: “After an off-set accident involving Sullivan Stapleton, there has been a change in the Strike Back production schedule. Following completion of shooting in Thailand, production in Hungary will be on hiatus to allow him time to recover. We plan on resuming production in the fall. HBO/Cinemax, Sky and Left Bank Pictures all join in wishing Sullivan a full and speedy recovery.”

1. Et al says:

Perhaps it’s a brain injury from reading

2. Pati says:

Ohhh no I hope he has a speedy recovery, Strike Back is my favorite show :(

3. Don J says:

I hope it isn’t too serious whatever the injury is. Sucks that there is a potential delay, but his health is most important.

4. ComeOn! says:

6 months after March that’s makes 7. So what did he break – his arms, legs, shoulder… Guess we’ll find out when he starts all those 300 promotion.

5. Dav says:

Wow, I hope he’s OK.

6. ScorpionGlow says:

I love this show. I hope he’ll be ok soon.

7. Laurie Emerson says:

Love and will miss this show. Hoping he has a speedy recovery.

8. Lilian jebet says:

sorry for the injury he is one of my favourite actors with his Co actor in strike back,and strike back is my favourite series

9. Pierre Bean says:

Big mistake canceling this show!!!! You are thinking just like 24!!!Wrong

10. I hope sully feel better sully my favorite actor God bless him get well soon sully we miss you

11. Had to google to find out if my favorite show will return. Sorry to hear about Mr. Stapleton & the health issues and do wish him a speedy & safe recovery. Looking forward to the season & very sorry that it’s the last. Great Show. So much other “garbage” out there in TVLand & they keep getting rid of the good ones. Will surely miss it!

12. skip smith says:

wish all the best for Mr. Stapleton. will season 3 be released this fall?

13. J Hudson says:

A show I finally get interested in…and it is going to cancelled… I really love the adventure and action these guys did…it is a great show…I will let you know …I like the first female commander …she had it together ….maybe less sexual scenes and more action…please reconsider not canceling this show…thank you