Cinemax's Strike Back Eyes Production Hiatus, Possible Season 4 Delay, After Star's Injury

Strike Back Sullivan StapletonStrike Back might have to unleash its final season later than anticipated, as Sullivan Stapleton, who stars as Sgt. Damien Scott, recovers from a serious, undisclosed injury sustained off-set.

RELATED | Cinemax’s Blanco Pilot Taps Franka Potente, Plus Vets of Prison Break, OITNB

Per our sister site Deadline, though Stapleton had pre-filmed some scenes so as to free up time to promote his upcoming film 300: Rise Of An Empire, production on the Cinemax series will continue through March, shooting around his absence, but then pause for six months, as Stapleton recuperates and returns to the peak physical condition needed for the action- and stunt-heavy drama.

As such, there stands the chance that Strike Back‘s final 10-episode season won’t premiere in late summer as projected.

RELATED | Cinemax’s Banshee Renewed for a Third Season

A statement from HBO/Cinemax and its Strike Back producing partners, posted to Deadline, reads: “After an off-set accident involving Sullivan Stapleton, there has been a change in the Strike Back production schedule. Following completion of shooting in Thailand, production in Hungary will be on hiatus to allow him time to recover. We plan on resuming production in the fall. HBO/Cinemax, Sky and Left Bank Pictures all join in wishing Sullivan a full and speedy recovery.”

1. Et al says:

Perhaps it’s a brain injury from reading

2. Pati says:

Ohhh no I hope he has a speedy recovery, Strike Back is my favorite show :(

3. Don J says:

I hope it isn’t too serious whatever the injury is. Sucks that there is a potential delay, but his health is most important.

4. ComeOn! says:

6 months after March that’s makes 7. So what did he break – his arms, legs, shoulder… Guess we’ll find out when he starts all those 300 promotion.

5. Dav says:

Wow, I hope he’s OK.

6. ScorpionGlow says:

I love this show. I hope he’ll be ok soon.

7. Laurie Emerson says:

Love and will miss this show. Hoping he has a speedy recovery.

8. Lilian jebet says:

sorry for the injury he is one of my favourite actors with his Co actor in strike back,and strike back is my favourite series

9. Pierre Bean says:

Big mistake canceling this show!!!! You are thinking just like 24!!!Wrong

10. I hope sully feel better sully my favorite actor God bless him get well soon sully we miss you

11. Had to google to find out if my favorite show will return. Sorry to hear about Mr. Stapleton & the health issues and do wish him a speedy & safe recovery. Looking forward to the season & very sorry that it’s the last. Great Show. So much other “garbage” out there in TVLand & they keep getting rid of the good ones. Will surely miss it!

12. skip smith says:

wish all the best for Mr. Stapleton. will season 3 be released this fall?

13. J Hudson says:

A show I finally get interested in…and it is going to cancelled… I really love the adventure and action these guys did…it is a great show…I will let you know …I like the first female commander …she had it together ….maybe less sexual scenes and more action…please reconsider not canceling this show…thank you

14. exzidemc4 says:

Whish him quick healing I luv dat show.stricke black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 luv.

15. abbasgodian says:

It’s when Sgt. Scott is in a clash, Sgt. Mike will probably help him, ‘a mate’! But for, this lets only GOD help, to set him back and continue Striking Back!

S. Stapleton is one among the actors, full of jokes & street languages!

That, I like!

16. balogun tajudeen aremu says:

wishing u a speedy recovery mate

17. karunwi james says:

get well scott… Cant wait 4 u to kum bck nd kicking sum ass. Miss u alot.

18. betty myers says:

please don’t cancel strike back. i nuused to look forwRD EVERY fRIDAY NIGHT JUST TO WATCH sTRIKE bAXK. pLEASE

• vilma cruz says:

i happened to watched the show late already, for S1&S2 for free at xfinity and immediately love it its hard action, its kind a very nice tv movie.For me to watch S3 had to subscribe already and looking forward for S4

19. Steve b says:

Sullivan is my favorate star in strike back i think we need to wait for him be gud soon scott michael mis u

20. mary says:

Such a good show been waiting for its return didnt know it was gonna be cancelled hope it will be back b4 2015

21. Sheila says:

I never want this series to end. It is one of the best action shows on TV. I never miss and episode.

22. Alexander says:

I take it everyone here is American right? Because I can’t remember when the last season was out but I swear it was summer 2013 and in the UK that was season 4….. I am hoping that there will be a season 5 or for you lovely people over the pond a season 4

23. READONE says:

wishing u a speedy recovery.

24. Byabato says:

Get well soon Sgt Scott and come bact for the intertainment.

25. Rick says:

you already take to long between seasons, I give on this show just like I quit homeland.

26. it would be more exciting if john porter (richard armitage) would go back to the scene and play as their new anonymous opponent pretending to be their enemy as a twist ,. remember his last scene guys?when he was caught by the enemy.maybe the director could make a twist..faking the video and let everybody knows that his dead..what do you think `bout my idea guys?

27. amos says:

quick recovery stapleton.

28. Sullivan u’re d best actor i ever see. I wish u speedy recovery nd many more successful acting. My regards ur guy Micheal stonebridge as he is called

29. Ron Oleniuk says:

I am eagerly waiting for Strike Back to return.