Scoop: Justin Long Cast as 'Unconventional' Sober Companion in Fox Comedy Pilot

Justin Long Cast Fox PilotWe’ll drink to this: Justin Long has landed the title role in the Fox comedy pilot Sober Companion.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2014: Your Complete Guide to This Fall’s (Possible) New Shows and Who’s In Them

Penned and exec-produced by David S. Rosenthal (The Middle) and Jennie Snyder Urman (90210), the single-camera projects follows a charming but self-destructive attorney who finds his world turned upside down when a court-appointed sober companion is put in control of his life.

Long will play said interloper, Jeremy, a perennially upbeat, maddeningly eccentric sober companion who uses unconventional methods to keep clients clean.

Long’s previous TV credits include Mom, Fox’s New Girl and Ed, while his bigger-screen resumes includes He’s Just Not That Into You, Dodgeball, a cameo in the Veronica Mars movie (out March 14) and Kevin Smith’s upcoming Tusk.

1. Well, this just just got itself on my radar. :)

2. Kaycee says:

He looks adorable in that picture. And for that alone, I’d watch.

3. Aaron Smith says:

I love Justin; but I wouldn’t trust Rosenthal….he’s the one that wasted 2/3 of the final season of Gilmore Girls. I wont watch his work.

4. Eric says:

Fox has too many upcoming shows that I want to see succeed, and too few spots on the schedule. That’s the case with a few networks actually. That makes me sad. Anyways, hope this one makes it to the air, I’d watch.

5. carpet right says:

I just like the valuable info you supply in your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog
    and check again right here regularly. I’m somewhat sure I’ll be informed many new stuff right right here!
    Good luck for the next!

6. ♥♥♥ Justin! Now if his co-star was Drew Barrymore, it would be a-mazing!!!

7. WAJ53 says:

Loooove Justin Long. Especially in He’s Just Not That Into You.

8. Raymond says:

Justin is a great fit. As a professional sober companion, I’ve been hoping for a show that looks at addiction from the Sober Companion’s perspective. Hopefully, Fox does a good job. I would be elated to get an opportunity to consult the producers. Having worked as a SoberCompanionEscort for several years, it is extremely rewarding work.

9. Dan says:

The upside of this show is that it brings to light the need many have to be monitored as they have the desire to turn their lives around, but don’t have the discipline.

10. Jesse says:

Hi to all, the contents present at this web page are truly amazing for people knowledge, well, keep up the nice work fellows.

11. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good.
    I do not know who you are but definitely you’re
    going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already ;) Cheers!