Scoop: Justin Long Cast as 'Unconventional' Sober Companion in Fox Comedy Pilot

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Justin Long Cast Fox PilotWe’ll drink to this: Justin Long has landed the title role in the Fox comedy pilot Sober Companion.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2014: Your Complete Guide to This Fall’s (Possible) New Shows and Who’s In Them

Penned and exec-produced by David S. Rosenthal (The Middle) and Jennie Snyder Urman (90210), the single-camera projects follows a charming but self-destructive attorney who finds his world turned upside down when a court-appointed sober companion is put in control of his life.

Long will play said interloper, Jeremy, a perennially upbeat, maddeningly eccentric sober companion who uses unconventional methods to keep clients clean.

Long’s previous TV credits include Mom, Fox’s New Girl and Ed, while his bigger-screen resumes includes He’s Just Not That Into You, Dodgeball, a cameo in the Veronica Mars movie (out March 14) and Kevin Smith’s upcoming Tusk.

Comments (11)

• Well, this just just got itself on my radar. :)

Comment by Alan Martins Rodrigues – February 25, 2014 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He looks adorable in that picture. And for that alone, I’d watch.

Comment by Kaycee – February 25, 2014 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Justin; but I wouldn’t trust Rosenthal….he’s the one that wasted 2/3 of the final season of Gilmore Girls. I wont watch his work.

Comment by Aaron Smith – February 25, 2014 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fox has too many upcoming shows that I want to see succeed, and too few spots on the schedule. That’s the case with a few networks actually. That makes me sad. Anyways, hope this one makes it to the air, I’d watch.

Comment by Eric – February 25, 2014 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just like the valuable info you supply in your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog
    and check again right here regularly. I’m somewhat sure I’ll be informed many new stuff right right here!
    Good luck for the next!

Comment by carpet right – February 25, 2014 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ♥♥♥ Justin! Now if his co-star was Drew Barrymore, it would be a-mazing!!!

Comment by Jackie Clonan – February 26, 2014 01:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loooove Justin Long. Especially in He’s Just Not That Into You.

Comment by WAJ53 – February 26, 2014 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Justin is a great fit. As a professional sober companion, I’ve been hoping for a show that looks at addiction from the Sober Companion’s perspective. Hopefully, Fox does a good job. I would be elated to get an opportunity to consult the producers. Having worked as a SoberCompanionEscort for several years, it is extremely rewarding work.

Comment by Raymond – March 14, 2014 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The upside of this show is that it brings to light the need many have to be monitored as they have the desire to turn their lives around, but don’t have the discipline.

Comment by Dan – March 16, 2014 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi to all, the contents present at this web page are truly amazing for people knowledge, well, keep up the nice work fellows.

Comment by Jesse – April 9, 2014 11:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post