Catherine Bell's Good Witch to Become a Series

Get More: News, Series Orders

The Good Witch TV SeriesHallmark Channel has conjured a full-on The Good Witch series, born of the cabler’s TV-movie franchise starring JAG alum Catherine Bell as haunted house resident/small-town enchantress Cassie Nightingale.

RELATED | Army Wives Farewell Special Gets a Title, Airdate — Find Out Who’s Taking Part

Per our sister site Deadline, the 10-episode freshman run will debut in early 2015, in the wake of the films’ seventh installment, The Good Witch’s Wonder, bowing at Halloweentime.

The series became a reality once Bell’s Army Wives commitment became a non-issue.

“Catherine has been one of the most sought after talents in our industry,” Hallmark Channel EVP Michelle Vicary noted in a statement, “and now she has a weekly home on Hallmark Channel.”

Comments (25)

• Oh, I’m excited about this…..I love Catherine Bell! :)

Comment by zoyarose – February 25, 2014 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am very, very elated to learn of The Good Witch’s Movies to become a TV Series on Hallmark. First, I love Hallmark Channel, and Catherine Bell as well. I felt there would be a seventh movie to follow especially at Halloween time; seven is a number associated with this time of year and the day before All Saint’s Day. I simply am excited about the Series. This has to be one of the most original ones because of Catherine Bell. I, was at first, not believing my eyes when reading such, but the enthusiasm was out of this world. I cannot wait, either. There is always something to wait for, but this is of great value and excitement which is a super plus.

Comment by S. – March 2, 2014 12:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love the idea Hallmark is making into a series. I am devoted Hallmark Channel watcher especially from September and on thr the Holidays. Cannot wait!

Comment by Stacy – March 11, 2014 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *uncontrollable flailing* I love Catherine Bell, I love these series, and now this gives me a goal to convince my family to get enough cable to have Hallmark!

Comment by iammusic – February 25, 2014 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The “Good Witch” movies have been really good and our family has enjoyed them. We’ve also enjoyed the other series, “Cedar Cove” and “When Calls the Heart.” Hallmark has tapped into the real need for quality series.

Comment by Susan – February 25, 2014 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also love Catherine bell from the jag series to army wives and of cause the good witch series I just love hallmark thank u for another great series to come on

Comment by lorraine – February 25, 2014 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! So far away

Comment by Ruth – February 25, 2014 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MORE WITCHES YAY! <3

Comment by Barbie – February 25, 2014 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Catherine Bell is one of those people whom it’s easy to like. You don’t have the scandals and trash that you do with too many of our current crop of “celebrities”. As much as I dislike Scientology, I like her.

Comment by David P. Graf – February 25, 2014 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love all of The Good Witch movies, so this is great news! I think Hallmark Channel is doing really well with their 2 original primetime series. I fully expect this one to do well, too!

Comment by Lorie – February 25, 2014 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well about bloody time (more Chris Potter on screen). Maybe now they’ll push the movies out on DVD as they are VERY slow in their releases.

Comment by Barb – February 25, 2014 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad that The Good Witch is going to become a series.My guess is the next movie will help launch the series in some way.Like from where the movie ends the series picks up.

Comment by Andrew Hass – February 25, 2014 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love watching, the Good Witch movies and now they are going to make a series out of it. One word from me—–FANTASTIC! I cannot wait to watch it and I love Catherine Bell. I hope that all the original characters will be incorporated into the series and I am sure, that we will see some new ones.

Comment by Pat – February 25, 2014 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AT&T Universe doesn’t carry Hallmark. Bad on them. That’s one reason (and The Good Witch series) why I won’t leave Charter cable.

Comment by Pamela – February 25, 2014 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as we get more Chris Potter I’am happy.

Comment by Kim – February 25, 2014 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dont know why I thought this as its an American site but I was really hoping for it to be the british series The Last Witch!

Comment by jenna – February 25, 2014 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never watched the movies, but I do enjoy Catherine Bell and I love witch series likes Charmed and Witches of East End. So I’ll give it a shot.

Comment by Steven – February 25, 2014 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this show was better when it was called “Bewitched.”

Comment by Abe Froman – February 25, 2014 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not every show about witches is like Bewitched. And I assume this is going to be a drama not a comedy.

Comment by Steven – February 25, 2014 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • these movies are in no way the former “bewitched”. the two are in no way alike. evidently you have not watched one or the other.

Comment by candy – April 12, 2014 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 7 movies and a series!

Comment by Dr. M – February 25, 2014 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll give Catherine a permanent home on my channel, Hubba Hubba!

Comment by AdamJ – February 26, 2014 12:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved the Good Witch movies. I watched the first two Good Witch movies on the Hallmark channel. We switched to AT&T u verse. They stopped showing the Hallmark channel. I got to watch the Good Witch wedding on I tunes, They haven ‘t put the rest of the movies on I tunes. I wish they would put the movies on DVD.. Now they are doing a Good Witch TV and I won’t be able to watch it. I wish AT&T would bring the Hallmark Channel back.

Comment by Heather – February 26, 2014 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good! Let’s hope Catherine Bell’s botched up cheeks & nose surgeries can be fixed because the last 2 she was more of Hideous Scary Witch series than The Good Witch! Can somebody reverse her last few plastic surgeries? And let’s hope she doesn’t get any more, it distracts from her acting. The character is good, her face & hair is dreadful!

Comment by Name – March 5, 2014 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I live in Canada and can’t get the Hallmark channel. On what channel with the Good Witch series be on here in Canada? I love this series of movies and can’t wait to see this show.

Comment by Jacqueline – March 6, 2014 10:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post