Catherine Bell's Good Witch to Become a Series

The Good Witch TV SeriesHallmark Channel has conjured a full-on The Good Witch series, born of the cabler’s TV-movie franchise starring JAG alum Catherine Bell as haunted house resident/small-town enchantress Cassie Nightingale.

RELATED | Army Wives Farewell Special Gets a Title, Airdate — Find Out Who’s Taking Part

Per our sister site Deadline, the 10-episode freshman run will debut in early 2015, in the wake of the films’ seventh installment, The Good Witch’s Wonder, bowing at Halloweentime.

The series became a reality once Bell’s Army Wives commitment became a non-issue.

“Catherine has been one of the most sought after talents in our industry,” Hallmark Channel EVP Michelle Vicary noted in a statement, “and now she has a weekly home on Hallmark Channel.”

1. zoyarose says:

Oh, I’m excited about this…..I love Catherine Bell! :)

• S. says:

I am very, very elated to learn of The Good Witch’s Movies to become a TV Series on Hallmark. First, I love Hallmark Channel, and Catherine Bell as well. I felt there would be a seventh movie to follow especially at Halloween time; seven is a number associated with this time of year and the day before All Saint’s Day. I simply am excited about the Series. This has to be one of the most original ones because of Catherine Bell. I, was at first, not believing my eyes when reading such, but the enthusiasm was out of this world. I cannot wait, either. There is always something to wait for, but this is of great value and excitement which is a super plus.

• Stacy says:

I love the idea Hallmark is making into a series. I am devoted Hallmark Channel watcher especially from September and on thr the Holidays. Cannot wait!

2. iammusic says:

*uncontrollable flailing* I love Catherine Bell, I love these series, and now this gives me a goal to convince my family to get enough cable to have Hallmark!

3. Susan says:

The “Good Witch” movies have been really good and our family has enjoyed them. We’ve also enjoyed the other series, “Cedar Cove” and “When Calls the Heart.” Hallmark has tapped into the real need for quality series.

4. lorraine says:

I also love Catherine bell from the jag series to army wives and of cause the good witch series I just love hallmark thank u for another great series to come on

5. Ruth says:

Awesome! So far away

6. Barbie says:

MORE WITCHES YAY! <3

7. David P. Graf says:

Catherine Bell is one of those people whom it’s easy to like. You don’t have the scandals and trash that you do with too many of our current crop of “celebrities”. As much as I dislike Scientology, I like her.

8. Lorie says:

I love all of The Good Witch movies, so this is great news! I think Hallmark Channel is doing really well with their 2 original primetime series. I fully expect this one to do well, too!

9. Barb says:

Well about bloody time (more Chris Potter on screen). Maybe now they’ll push the movies out on DVD as they are VERY slow in their releases.

10. Andrew Hass says:

I’m glad that The Good Witch is going to become a series.My guess is the next movie will help launch the series in some way.Like from where the movie ends the series picks up.

11. Pat says:

I love watching, the Good Witch movies and now they are going to make a series out of it. One word from me—–FANTASTIC! I cannot wait to watch it and I love Catherine Bell. I hope that all the original characters will be incorporated into the series and I am sure, that we will see some new ones.

12. Pamela says:

AT&T Universe doesn’t carry Hallmark. Bad on them. That’s one reason (and The Good Witch series) why I won’t leave Charter cable.

13. Kim says:

As long as we get more Chris Potter I’am happy.

14. jenna says:

I dont know why I thought this as its an American site but I was really hoping for it to be the british series The Last Witch!

15. Steven says:

Never watched the movies, but I do enjoy Catherine Bell and I love witch series likes Charmed and Witches of East End. So I’ll give it a shot.

16. Abe Froman says:

I think this show was better when it was called “Bewitched.”

• Steven says:

Not every show about witches is like Bewitched. And I assume this is going to be a drama not a comedy.

• candy says:

these movies are in no way the former “bewitched”. the two are in no way alike. evidently you have not watched one or the other.

17. Dr. M says:

7 movies and a series!

18. AdamJ says:

I’ll give Catherine a permanent home on my channel, Hubba Hubba!

19. Heather says:

I loved the Good Witch movies. I watched the first two Good Witch movies on the Hallmark channel. We switched to AT&T u verse. They stopped showing the Hallmark channel. I got to watch the Good Witch wedding on I tunes, They haven ‘t put the rest of the movies on I tunes. I wish they would put the movies on DVD.. Now they are doing a Good Witch TV and I won’t be able to watch it. I wish AT&T would bring the Hallmark Channel back.

• mary says:

Yes I don’t know why they took off Hallmark. I may switch providers so I can watch this. I believe dish also got rid of the hallmark channels. One of those channels you can watch with your kids & these idiots get rid of them. I wish they would put these on dvd so the one’s without Hallmark can enjoy them. I have only been able to watch the first two. Love catherine bell

20. Name says:

Good! Let’s hope Catherine Bell’s botched up cheeks & nose surgeries can be fixed because the last 2 she was more of Hideous Scary Witch series than The Good Witch! Can somebody reverse her last few plastic surgeries? And let’s hope she doesn’t get any more, it distracts from her acting. The character is good, her face & hair is dreadful!

21. Jacqueline says:

I live in Canada and can’t get the Hallmark channel. On what channel with the Good Witch series be on here in Canada? I love this series of movies and can’t wait to see this show.

22. betty armel says:

What is going to happen Chris Potter’s character on Heartland. Is it going to be cancelled?

23. Debbie Sizemore says:

I’m so Happy that this new series will start in 2015. Wish it was sooner though. Love Catherine Bell.

24. I am so looking forward to this show. The movies have been wonderful but it will be great to see the characters grow. This is the perfect series for the star.

25. Desiree says:

Happy about everything. Can’t wait for the 7th movie. Now I’m going to be counting down the days till the series. Couldn’t of found a better Actress than Catherine Bell and now the newly added Bailee Madison, can’t wait!!!

26. LuAnn Norris says:

I love The Good Witch movies and look so forward to the series! Catherine Bell and Chris Potter as well as the rest of the cast are so awesome!!

27. lm says:

Awesome!!!!!

28. Sherry smith says:

This series will only work if chris potter and the rest if the family is involved. How or why would you explain away the disappearance of her entire family. If the whole cast isn’t involved I have no interest.

• Joshua Faris says:

I totally agree, and it would make the 7 movies seem null and void as if they never even happened. Why should we watch the movie in October entitled “Good Witch’s Wonder” if we have the idea that when the series comes around a few months later the entire series of movies are to be forgotten?

29. Ursula says:

Will all the.original cast b in the series

30. vbeall says:

Wonderful! We love the whole cast and the series.

31. Gayle G. says:

This is a Hallmark home run! I LOVE Catherine Bell, she is poetry in motion with her portrayal of Cassandra Nightengale. My neighborhood book club has eight members, and each year the new GW movie is our review topic for that mtg.- we are addicted! Hope to see the original cast members in the series, and would LOVE to see more of Martha and her husband. Might we revisit the romance that was blossoming between Derek and Betty during Jake and Cassie’s wedding? The potential storylines are endless, and should keep us “bewitched” for a long time to come. Please keep the movies too, they are a Halloween holiday tradition that only Hallmark can deliver!
    Dare we hope that Ted and Genie might bring “Peyton” and “King” back to life in a series as well? I’ll stay tuned to Hallmark, great TV happens there!!!

32. kay spence says:

Looking forward to the series. Love Catherine Bell.

33. Rebecca J. says:

I hope the entire cast of The Good Witch returns! It just won’t be the same without them.

34. Rebecca J. says:

I really really really hope the entire cast returns to the series!! I won’t be the same without them all. I wish I could find the recipes that Cassandra uses in the television programs.

Rebecca

35. Georgie says:

Please, please bring ALL the characters that were in “The Good Witch”, the first one! They were all fantastic, including the lady who bought the magic potion that got her pregnant! Also, LOVE Martha’s husband and “bratty” boys, and also Derek’s “bakery-owner” girlfriend! Bring them ALL BACK!!!

36. However, not only this but if you to go a step above and
    have onne completely customized home for you, then you must think
    about a Texazs Custom Home Builder. You are also enticing more buuers to your house if eventually you
    decide to sell it. College Station Custom Home Builders, College Station Neww
    House Designs, College Station Hous Plans for
    Homes, Colllege Station Plans forr new houses, College Station Craftsman Styyle Homes, Bryan Custkm Home Builders, Bryan New House Designs, Bryan Houhse Plans
    for Homes, Bryan Plans for new houses, Bryan Craftsman Style Homes are some of the services provided by ‘Southwest Homes’ in College
    Station and Bryan.

37. Rose Marie Rouse says:

My husband and I watch the Hallmark Channel all the time and always look forward to the next Good Witch movie. We watch the previously recorded ones from the first one on over and over again. We absolutely have loved Catherine Bell since the first Jag program are so looking forward to more Good Witch programs. Thanks so much for bringing her back.

38. Vicki Knapp says:

This is awesome!!! Enjoy the series, family oriented, and positive and fun to watch. Love all the characters on the series.

39. Toni says:

Yay, I will be looking forward to this series. I’ve seen all the Good Witch episodes and I truly enjoys hem. They are great for the whole family.

40. Love these movies look forward to every one bet the series will be as big a hit as cedar cove series. Hallmark best network on pay tv !

41. Love the good witch series have for years! Look forward to more quality tv from hallmark watch this channel all year long.

42. Barbara A says:

Love love the Good Witch! So happy to hear it will be a series!!
    Can’t wait!!