Arrow First Look: Slade Meets [Big Spoiler]!

Arrow star Stephen Amell had great things to say about next week’s episode, titled “The Promise” — and judging by this rather spoilery assembly of photos, we can see why.

RELATED | Stephen Amell on the Growing Team Arrow, ‘Jealousy’ Talk and Season 2’s Massive Finale

As part of his in-depth Q&A during TVLine’s visit to the CW drama’s Vancouver set, Amell said that “The Promise” aka Season 2, Episode 15 is the one he’s most proud of, explaining: “A lot of people have written or said that there are a couple of episodes in the second half of our first season … that took the show and elevated it to the level that we’ve gotten to this year. I believe that our 15th episode — and possibly our 13th episode that just aired — are the episodes that take the show to another level.”

If you so desire, despite our multiple spoiler warnings, to see what’s going down in current day Starling City (while flashbacks pit Oliver against Dr. Ivo and/or Slade), this slideshow is yours for the taking. (And mind you, this is nothing compared to the scenes I saw being filmed.)

P.S. I’m also accepting caption suggestions for Photo No. 7!

1. MagicThings says:

Oh wow! I’m crazy excited now. Looks like we finally get to see Island!Oliver don the hood for the first time. I love “Arrow” and while I may have the occasional squibble about certain recent plot bunnies gone rabid, it’s a solid show and I’m glad it’s on air. DC may have issues putting their heroes on the big screen but if they take a page out of the “Arrow” book they may just find their niche in TV.

2. Roger says:

Arrow inception!

3. JC says:

Looks awesome! Oliver is not thrilled to have Slade in his house. Can’t wait to see how that meeting happens.

4. falva says:

This was totally unexpected :O Slade in the Queen mansion???? And seems to know Moira!!! Can’t wait to see what happens!

• Jon says:

Slade might be posing as a wealthy campaign donor, which would make Moira very chummy if she wants to get elected. But if they know each other from before……intriguing.

5. Christy says:

Oooooh!

6. I don’t know about a caption but a certain expletive came out of my mouth when I saw these. LOL Thanks Matt!

7. cinthy says:

wow can’t wait!!!!!!!!

8. Sebastian says:

Caption: Cool eyepatch. If what I think is under there is under there, can I touch it?

9. Hodan says:

OMG! I cannot wait for this to happen! I love Slade Wilson/Deathstroke soo much.

10. Great goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely fantastic.
    I really like what you’ve acquired here, really like
    what you’re stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it smart.

I cant wait to read far more from you. This is actually a tremendous site.

11. Carla Krae says:

Slade in the mansion!!!

12. Merissa W. says:

Caption suggestions: “So……this isn’t awkward…”

13. Pat says:

Moira on the arm of Slade and how she looks at him, all I can say is YIKES! Should be very interesting to see how all of this is going to play out. Oliver will have his hands full with this whole storyline, especially where his Mother is concerned.

14. Grundy says:

so slade is gonna go out with moira….and kill her. BOOM ollie becomes mayor just like in the comics

15. sarah says:

So excited!
    I am sure Oliver thinks Holy **** when he sees Slade!
    So will Slade get close to Moira just to hurt her?

16. Mikael says:

I really hope they don’t kill off Sara. I love her as the Canary. Even if Oliver and Felicity get together at some point, I still want Sara on the show. I think Laurel was intended to be the lead female, but Felicity, who was supposed to be only a minor character, became so popular that they upgraded her. Laurel was even pushed into the back of the promo pic for season 2 and Felicity was front and center! Now that Sara has gotten a very good reception, I wouldn’t be surprised if the writers changed their ideas and kept her as Canary. People just don’t like Laurel and they should stop trying to force her. And I have to say, that motorcycle scene with Arrow and Canary chasing the van was incredible, especially for a CW show!!