Exclusive: NCIS Eyeing a Season-Ending Send- Off for the Late Ralph Waite's Jackson Gibbs

NCIS Ralph Waite DeadCBS’ NCIS will acknowledge the passing of TV vet Ralph Waite, who recurred as Gibbs’ father Jackson, before Season 11 comes to an end, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | NCIS to Introduce Gibbs’ Second Ex-Wife During Season 12

“[Showrunner] Gary Glasberg and the writers are working on something special to address the passing of Ralph Waite in the season finale,” says a CBS spokesperson, “to honor both the memory of Ralph, as well as the character of Jackson Gibbs.”

Waite, who passed away earlier this month, had made a total of seven on-camera appearances on TV’s most watched drama, starting with the Season 6 episode “Heartland” and most recently in this past November’s “Better Angels.”

The beloved actor’s long TV resume also includes, most famously, The Waltons, as well as Murder One, Carnivàle, the miniseries Roots and recurring appearances on Fox’s Bones and NBC’s Days of Our Lives.

RELATED | NCIS: New Orleans Casts Scott Bakula, CCH Pounder, JAG Alum and Film Actor Lucas Black

NCIS resumes its season Tuesday at 8.7c.

1. haukmoor says:

Excellent

2. WW says:

I hope Bones does something also

3. SandraM says:

great news! looking forward to it!

4. Joni says:

I’m glad to hear that they’ll be addressing “Jackson’s” passing at season’s end and that they’re not rushing into it before then.

• Irenehadden says:

Ralph Waite was a brilliant actor, loved it when he appeared as Gibbs father, will miss seeing him on TV, R.I.P Ralph xx

5. doubleD says:

RIP Ralph Waite. We hope their special working does not include only Ralph Waite, but also the Introduction of Gibbs ex-wife (maybe mysterious redhead from early seasons) AND OF COURSE superbly, amazing comeback of Cote de Pablo.

• Ange says:

She is not coming back. Time to move on like Gibbs said

• Deanna Stewart says:

I thought th0at was ziva saying that to gibbs when she is sat at Kate’s desk???????

• Julie Merritt says:

Time to move on like Gibbs said. The show isn’t about one character, it is about NCIS and all the characters.

• Deanna says:

true point and we will mis ralph greatly but we also miss everyone else that is no longer on the show
            - sasha alexandra
            - cote de pablo
            - pual tefler
            - lauren holly
            and of course ralph waite
            we will miss them all so much and we wish them they best of luck and they ihave to make big decissions all them time and we have to accpet that whether we like them or not there is nothingm we can do about it.
            NCIS is a team and not just one person thank you.

• RobW says:

One huge problem with your logic. Ralph is dead. We can see the others in future projects, but not Ralph, unless he had some projects not quite done when he died,

• Julie Merritt says:

Robw you are right, but we can celebrate Ralph by watching the reruns of the Walton’s which come on on HalMark Channel.

• Julie Merritt says:

That is right. NCIS focuses on its cases. I for one like them all.

• Nice of you to hijack an article regarding the passing to push your own agenda regarding CDP. Build a bridge already.

• PJ says:

Why would would you do that that is so sick to use the passing of a great actor as the Father of Gibbs to want ziva back. I just cant phathum doing something like that it should be all about ralph (Gibbs Sr) and Gibbs not something to have an actress who doesn’t want to be there come back . Just stupod. Get over it

PJ I agree

• Deanna Stewart says:

I agree, but in defence cote de pablo has been there for 8 years and it is goping to be hard for the cast and crew to have her go.

It is also hard for the cast and crew not to have gibb’s father there as well and we will miss them both greatly.

• Julie Merritt says:

Yes it is, let grieve and at the same time remember and live.

• Deanna says:

thank you julie but it’s true we have to let them grieve but they do have a job to do at the same time lets hope they can do more then one thing at the same time

• Julie Merritt says:

They will. We can celebrate Ralph by watching him on The Walton’s on Hall Mark Channel. That is how I celebrate him.

• Alan says:

oh for crying out loud, this ziva crap needs to stop, especially on an article about marking the death of a cast member, that is so crass and inconsiderate.

• Linda Kearns says:

Couldn’t agree more. PJ and all those others, please show some respect for the passing of a great actor Ralph Waite. I grew up with him on TV. He will be missed.

• Dan says:

I dont agree at all. No one knows what Cote is thinking, now… past or present. I for one would love for Ziva to return for Gibbs with his father passing. Ziva seemed very lost when she left… but i think she always had a special place in her heart for Gibbs’ dad (and him). She should come back, even for the briefest of times, for this. Ziva is a part of the team.., and nothing will ever change that.

And #%#% for us wanting to talk about Ziva or Cote. We all love NCIS, Ralph, and we’re ALL sad. All knowing judges really tick me off.

Enjoy your day. :)

• Julie Merritt says:

No one is judging, it is however time to stop focusing and being obsessed on Ziva. The season Finale is a Tribute to a good actor. I to remember and will always remember Ralph as John Walton. I grew up watching him.

• Julie Merritt says:

Stop the Ziva crap. This is a tribute to Ralph Ziva is gone it is time to move on.

• Jen says:

Absolutely Dan!!! I completely agree with you! FFS is it really so bad that people miss her? And it is a relevant topic considering Jackson loved Ziver. It would be awesome to see her just for one part of an episode. I miss her and wish there was some agreement they could come to to bring her back. But yes she will always be a part of the Gibbs team. Ralph’s passing devastated a lot of people. He’s been around for a long long time. And it makes me happy that NCIS will honor not just him but most of the work that he’s done throughout the years.

• Julie Merritt says:

Only if her presence did not take away from the main point, the tribute to Jackson Gibbs.

• Zoe says:

The show is crap now, anyway. Loved Ralph Waite. Loved Muse Watson. Don’t think even CDP’s return could save the Titanic now. The show sucks.

• Julie Merritt says:

Zoe that is where you are wrong. The show is not the Ziva show it is NCIS and most of us think the show is good. If you feel that way watch something else. This site is for a tribute to Ralph Waite

• Deanna Stewart says:

Just to say i have heard rumours from my friends that are friends of the cast of the show is that they will try and get cote in for bits of season 12.

• Julie Merritt says:

I heard that also and I also read that it will be where she is Assistant director to Mossad.

• RobW says:

This evidences a lack of understanding about how this industry works. First off, a cast member is not going to “spread rumors” to fans. Those on the inside acquire their sources from years, and in some cases, decades, of friendship with cast members, crew, or producers. Second off, the cast is the last to know these things. They’re on hiatus, vacation, in different states and countries. Harmon in Montana, Weatherly Jamaica, Wickersham in Monte Carlo for the events there. I suppose this is another “Weatherly is my Facebook BFF and he told me.” situation.

• Julie Merritt says:

I never said it came from cast members. It came from writers, producers and CBS. And They are thinking about it.

• RobW says:

That is completely counter to what verified sources have said. I just confirmed with a phone call. While it may happen sometime at a later date there are no plans whatsoever for it to happen in the short or medium term.

• RobW says:

I’ve heard just the opposite from those associated with the show. That seems to be supported by comments Matt, Michael A and Chris W have said after interviewing the cast. Was it Chris that said ‘never say never but don’t expect it anytime soon, Its like a breakup.”

• NoChance says:

Having Cote make her return to the show for Jackson Gibbs’ death would make all the talk about Ziva/Cote and Mr Waite/Jack would become unimportant to the story.

• Julie Merritt says:

No because with the fans refusing to realize that the actress wanted to leave would take away the tribute to Ralph Waite. This is solely a tribute to Ralph Waite.

• Deanna says:

I agree a little bit to that apart from the pone fact and that is ralph loved cote and his cahracter loved ziva aswell in a fatherly way.

• NoChance says:

I think the convertible lady is married to Don Bellisario so I don’t think she’ll be back at all.

• Stephanie Kellerman says:

Can we mark this moronic post as abuse and have it deleted! This is inexcusable!

• Julie Merritt says:

DoubleD get over the obsession of Cote/Ziva. CBS, the cast have tried to tell everyone she left because she wanted to. She isn’t the star of the show, they all are. This is being disrespectful to Ralph Waite. This is a tribute to him.

• Niels Anderson says:

I hope they do a show where Gibbs offers the store to L.J. or too the ex-marine that everybody thought was dead from his home town and Gibbs either takes the rife and makes a wooden display case for it or he puts in the coffin with dad, and Ziva comes back for the services.

• Julie Merritt says:

I agree with the first part, but if Ziva came back with Ziva fans not facing that the actress left. It would take the focus off the tribute to Jackson. It is not about Ziva, it is about Gibbs and his father. Yes I hope Cote will decide to return, but not for the tribute.

6. Marla says:

Good to hear NCIS will pay tribute to Jackson Gibbs. Ralph Waite was such a wonderful actor, from The Waltons, to Bones, to NCIS. I’m going to miss seeing Jackson Gibbs on NCIS.

7. Darlene says:

I’m so happy to know they will do something beyond an acknowledgment in the credits. Ralph Waite had an exceptional life, and he touched so many people. As John Walton, he was the father figure in my life growing up because I had no father. I know NCIS will do a great job honoring him.

• Stephanie says:

Very nice sentiment. I’m not of the same generation as fans of The Waltons, but the NCIS episode “Better Angels” touched me so much because my dad and grandfather had much the same relationship as Gibbs and Jackson (and both have military background. We learned more about my grandfather’s missions after he passed because he never wanted to talk about what he saw during action in WWII. I didn’t know until recently that he received a bronze star and several purple hearts). I think NCIS will offer a very fitting tribute for Mr. Waite, and that they’re going to miss his presence. He was fantastic on the show.

• noname says:

very good post from you……my dad, granddad and great grand were military, so is husband. I am glad you learned about the man, ……..those missions and medals were part of who he was, whether you knew it then or not. Glad you know it now. Kinda of makes it part of who you are now doesn’t it? That is a lot of what this show is about.

• Julie Merritt says:

They were all heroes and should be honored, also it is good they are honoring Ralph Waite. He was a good actor. I to had relatives who served in WW2 However they did not talk much about their missions, they were just happy to get home. They would say they had a job to do and did it.

• Julie Merritt says:

Noname I do not know where you were, but you were around in the 80′s and 90′s that is when The Waltons were on and the majority of viewers watched. if you had you would have known, it was a family oriented show and you can watch reruns on HallMark channel. Yes that is what this show is about Medals and missions, but it is about also the human side and this is a tribute to a good actor who was a child during the dark days of WW2.

8. Bob Smith says:

Let’s see if they bring back Billy Dee Williams as his best friend. They should also bring o some of his Waltons castmates while they’re at it, They could say they’re cousins/family members.

9. as524 says:

Nice to hear the show isn’t going to let his passing sit & wait as long as they did with Ducky’s mom. Billy Dee NEEDS to be back as the best friend/namesake, as well. He’s more important to be there than anyone else some fans might think needs to be there.

Wonder if that means the final arc is no longer going to focus on Tony, as was originally hinted.

• Alan says:

most likely the arc will still focus on tony with gibbs getting a phone call from a hospital at some stage during the episode to give him the bad news, i can see the funeral for the character being the opening of season 12.

• sqrddancr says:

It may be difficult to have Billy Dee Williams appear – he is a competitor on this season’s Dancing With The Stars…

10. Sue Holland says:

It’s lovely they are thinking of him after he sadly passed away. I hope his friend Jethro will be appearing (The guy who Gibbs was named after). Rest in peace dear Ralph…

11. Good night Pa!!! we love you.

12. Hope they leave out the new character on that episode she has no place in this send off , in fact she has no place on N.C.I.S. , she is like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole , maybe send her to New Orleans and bring in a person like the Old Army Officer or the Coast Guard character. we need someone who can keep this team in sharp working order when Gibb has to be out of the Office.
    . I mean leaving the Office in Tony’s hands is like leaving it in a moron’s hands . Tony has his bumbling wasteful place but will never ever by a team leader. He tried it once and failed . Also glad McGee did not take a new team but for different reason, he and Abby are so crucial to having Gibbs’ back on finding the criminals . Really Tony is to much like Tony Sr.

• PJ says:

Nice Highjacking this page for this stupid agenda. Whats wrong with you people

• Alan says:

oh good god just go away please.

• 'A' is Alive says:

Wow, you’re a REALLY sick person.. Pushing your agenda on an article about the death of a beloved cast member and the honoring of him and his character. Some people just need to learn how to give respect.

• Em Cooper says:

Hey, Bessie, have you met Lucie up above? You two twits are peas in a pod–disgusting with no respect for the passing of a great actor. Two words for you, common decency–tow more, SHUT UP!!

• rob says:

its a tv show this is not real life . a man passing is real life not a tv episode get a grip on reality

• yes, she's gone says:

Really, another crass and disrespectful post are you lucie as well?

• Janice W says:

I so agree with you Bessie. I too, think they should send the new character to New Orleans and keep her off of this show. She really doesn’t fit in at all! I could see the lady that played Gibbs girlfriend ( the Army officer) or the Coast Guard lady fitting in much better. I do wish they would see how they are destroying this show and make some logical changes.

• Julie Merritt says:

The new character while she did not know Jackson is still a member of the team and will be there to support Gibbs. Enough of this.

• Julie Merritt says:

Also just because the new member of a team did not know someones father, it is still nice to be there to support. Gibbs former girlfriend is in hawaii. Accept the fact that she is a team member and move on. People this is a show and a tribute to Ralph Waite.

• Deanna says:

i agree the newbie has no right to be in that episode.
      And it’s like tony said “ziva is irreplacable” but that goes for all the members of the cast.

• Julie Merritt says:

Deanna first of all this is a show not real life, and the actrress has a right to be in it. Actors come and go, characters come and go. We all miss Ziva/Cote, she chose to leave. Hope she will make appearances. I hope to see her in other TV projects and movies.

13. Kathy says:

So glad they will do something, having Gibbs show some kind if grief will be good like it showed him getting back into his fathers life. Bring back Billy Dee would be good too.

14. BJ says:

I’m so glad NCIS will do this in this season. I can’t wait to see what Mark especially will bring to the episode. Would love to see Billy Dee Williams back as well.

15. Carol Dukes says:

I was extremely disappointed with this last weeks show that they didn’t even have an acknowledgment of any kind. I think he needs to be written out of the show in a respectful manner, they wrote Mike Franks out and Gibbs even carved part of the casket. Jackson Gibbs was part of the family and should be laid to rest as a member should be.

• Alan says:

last weeks episode was a rerun, this week is the first new episode since his death, this is when they would include a dedication or tribute to him.

• The acknoledgement will most likely happen this week (Time constraints) + last week’s ep was a rerun. I’m sure NCIS will give a proper sendoff to Jackson Gibbs. As far as CdP goes, well, it’s history… I liked Ziva, but it’s time to move on.

• Julie Merritt says:

I agree I to like Ziva. Characters come and go. It is time to move on. I am glad that NCIS will pay tribute to Ralph Waite.

16. BMF says:

I just hope they don’t include his death in the introduction of a new big bad, the last thing we need is Gibbs looking for more revenge and I also hope it doesn’t scuttle any idea of a Tony season finale.

17. Andrew Hass says:

I’m glad that NCIS will honor Ralph Waite’s passing in the season finale and then maybe carry it into next season too.Maybe Gibbs finds out that his father died at the beginning ofd the season finale and throughout the episode he grieves as he solves a case.

18. tejasjulia says:

I’m so glad they’re planning an episode for this. Mr. Waite was, by all accounts, a class act and deserves to have his character have a good send off. I imagine Mr. Waite’s passing is hard on the rest of the cast and crew and this could be cathartic for them all. The show will, I’m certain, honor their lost colleague with their best work.

Thank you, Mr. Waite. You will be missed.

19. Sylvia Hatcher says:

So glad to hear that Mr. Waite will be recognized and remembered. He was the perfect actor in my opinion to play Jackson Gibbs and will be a great honor for the cast, crew & the watching public. Can’t help but feel so sad for Gibbs character.First he lost his family (Kelly & Shannon), then Jenny, Mike Franks and now his dad

20. Pat says:

I know that NCIS will give Ralph Waite, a fitting tribute. Also, I am pretty sure that Bones will be doing the same to honor this man, How wonderful for two prime time shows, to have had the gracious presence of Ralph Waite, acting as a Father (NCIS) and a Grandfather (Bones). I will truly miss these two characters that he has played.

21. mkw says:

I’m looking forward to the tribute to his passing. Have loved his work since “The Waltons”. As others have said I’m sure “Bones” will also do something fitting and have Bones help Booth cope with the passing just as the team will help Gibbs. I like to think that in an alternate universe Gibbs is Booth’s uncle.

22. Em Cooper says:

I’ve enjoyed Mr. Waite’s acting in so many shows and he has always been a great versatile actor in whatever he did. I was so shocked at his passing and know the writers of NCIS (and possibly Bones) will grant him the respect and dignity, he so richly deserved. I will miss his acting very much. R.I.P. Mr. Waite.

23. Hannah says:

Not sure it’s a good idea to do that so early. While a “in memory of” black screen in the credits won’t be a problem, I think it’s unlikely they will alter the scripts of future episodes in a major way while they could have a specific episode that deals with this theme (think Gibbs returning at his hometown and organizing the funeral + returning guest stars) at the beginning of next season instead of a few lines thrown in In the middle of a different plot. Of course I can be wrong and they may manage to do something satisfying. We’ll see.

24. LaDanea says:

If I read this right you can’t take off NICS we love it in my house! there not much will watch on tv now you have taken off that I would watch now what?

• They are not taking NCIS of the air. They w are discussing a tribute for the actor Ralph Waite. He was an accomplished actor spanning many decades and generations. He passed away earlier this month and is missed by many. He played Mr. Walton(father) on the TV show The Walton, Pops (Booth’s grandfather) and Jackson Gibbs (Gibbs’s father) on NCIS.

• Julie Merritt says:

Every time an actor that guest starred on a show passes they have to stop production indefinitely, it’s the law! That’s exactly what is happening this season with The Simpsons.

• Julie Merritt says:

Ladanea you did not read it right. They are going to do a tribute to Ralph Waite who portrayed Jackson Gibbs.

25. Julie Merritt says:

Glad they are paying tribute to Jackson Gibbs.

26. Shane says:

Why kill tony off if they did that the show would be over. I grew up with the waltons rip Ralph Waite.

27. yes, she's gone says:

I’m glad to hear they will be doing a tribute to Mr. Waite, he will be missed as Jackson Gibbs, we are lucky to have him on dvd to be able to watch him even after he has passed. Good night Mr. Waite, rest in peace.

28. dee says:

nothing wrong with Ziva coming back for last episode to pay respects to Gibb’s and his father.

• Julie Merritt says:

True. You never know, however remember she is in Chili filmint the feature film 33 about the rescue of The 33 Chilean Miners.

• zoyarose says:

Actually, they’re done with filming The 33. They finished the principal stuff last week and the actors have all moved onto other stuff now.

29. mimi says:

I was so sad when I heard about Ralph Waite’s departure.
    We’ve lost an amzingly talented actors and a really good man.

RIP, Mr. Waite. We’ll miss you so much and thanks for all you’ve given us.

30. BJ says:

Come on, guys, having Ziva in the episode would take every bit of the focus off Ralph and put every bit of the focus on Tony, Ziva and Cote. That would be so disrespectful to Ralph’s memory. NCIS should keep the focus of this episode on Ralph, Jackson, and what Ralph brought to the show.

• Dan says:

Not really… i think youre putting too much thought into this. Mr. Gibbs was kind to Ziva and the honorable thing to do is to come to his funeral. Thats what Ziva would say. Theres nothing else about it. :)

• BJ says:

Seeing the way some of the fandom reacts to everything Ziva and/or Cote I beg to differ. Look at some of the posts here to see some of the reactions.

• Julie Merritt says:

Who cares what some of the fandom says. Jackson Gibbs was kind to Ziva as he was the others. This is a tribute to Jackson Gibbs.

• NoChance says:

If Abby or Tim or Tony were able to contact her I’m guessing she’ll send a card or an email to send her condolences to Gibbs. Maybe we’ll find out she’s moved to South America to help her old friend in her charity work.

• BJ says:

Exactly my point. This is a tribute to Ralph and Jackson. It shouldn’t be taken over (media or fandom wise) with the return of Ziva, or Senior, or Dr. Kate’s Sister, or Penny, or any other marquee character or name guest star (except Billy Dee Williams, who would very much work).

BJ You are right

Dan I agree with you

• JC says:

I completely agree.

31. Julie Merritt says:

Lucy the person impersonating you is vile. Hope Matt can help stop that.

32. cherry says:

Last week usa network had a Ralph Waite marathon & i watched all the shows. He will be deeply missed. I for one would like to see Ziva come back for the finale or even just a phone call. Bishop, in a way, should no be on the last show. She did not know Jackson Gibbs. Ziva did.

• Joni says:

But she knows Gibbs and she’d be there to support him. I’ve attended funerals for people I didn’t know because I knew their sons, daughters, parents or friends. I can’t see any reason for Emily not to be in the episode or for Ellie Bishop not to pay her respects to Gibbs dad.

• Julie Merritt says:

Yes Cherry he will be missed. I also watchedThe Marathon tribute to Ralph on USA

• carolgrover says:

I wish I had seen that – you are so lucky. Loved him.

33. Dot says:

The storyline should be focused on Gibbs and the relationship he had with his Dad and how it will change him now that he is gone. Sure, the rest of the team will be there as support for Gibbs since they are all important to him. But Ziva? She is gone. Time to move on.

34. janna says:

Please do not let Bishop be in the tribute to Jackson Gibbs. Have her be away on temporary duty back at NSA. She doesn’t belong.

35. Greg says:

I’m sure the writers of the show are more than capable of deciding how to handle the demise of one of the better character actors in the business without us. However, this would be a great time to settle this debate once and for all by simply having a double funeral. But, then, fans who can’t accept that someone wanted to “move on” would still want them to “come back from the dead.” Probably to kill of the other character in the debate.

36. Hope19 says:

I am so glad they are going to honor Ralph Waite’s character “Jackson Gibbs” on NCIS.
    He was such a wonderful actor and man.

What would also be nice is to introduce some old friends of Gibbs’. I always wondered what Gibbs, Chuck Winslow and Ed were fighting over in the first episode where we first met “Jackson Gibbs”. Maybe Chuck had a sister and she and Gibbs were best friends and they didn’t want Gibbs to see her. Maybe she was wife #2 and she & Gibbs are still best friends.

Just one more thing…I STILL MISS ZIVA! The show is not the same without her. I would love to see her come back any time.

• Julie Merritt says:

Hope I amen that. That would be great.

• Julie Merritt says:

Hope we all miss Ziva. Time to realize the show did is not and was not about Ziva. Time to move on. The show is the same. characters come and go. That is the way it is in TV.

37. tom f. says:

I am so so so sorry for your alls loss. Many thoughts and prayers to the Mr. Wait’s family and Friends. It would be nice if Gibbs would be making something nice to give to his dad and bury with him. They both liked working with wood so have something they both worked on but unfinished so that Gibbs could Finnish it.. or put it in the casket and they both finish when they get to heaven. I just really hope you bring ziva back for it cause he loved her and Abby….. thank you for reading this!

You all are amazing wrighters and the actors are just As amazing as well! SEMPER FI !!!!

Tom F.
    Morristown, Tn

• Julie Merritt says:

Tom you are right. I also hope they have Billy Dee Williams back on as Jackson’s friend to be with Gibbs.

• Julie Merritt says:

Tom enough. Cote chose to leave. If some one doesn’t want to come back they won’t. They tried to keep her. Lets move on.

38. Angela says:

Kind of sad that the UK won’t see what is hopefully going to be a worthy tribute for likely more than a year, we only just started S10.

39. Reena Buchanan says:

I wished that my father was Mr. Gibbs Sr. they come no better…Rest in Peace Ralph Waite and I will truly miss you.

40. Definitely glad to hear this! He was GREAT as Gibbs’ father and will be definitely missed! Will watch that show for sure.

41. gary says:

Mr. Waite, along with his character of Jackson Gibbs both deserve to be treated with dignity. In my opinion, they should not have the death of this character have anything to do with a murder or a case. Let the man pass with the hand of nature. I know it sounds kind of crass but, this would be a perfect opportunity for them to be able to show so much more of Jethros human, loving side.

42. TERESA says:

will Ziva ever be back on NCIS

43. Toni B. says:

I’m so happy to hear this. Ralph Waite was a wonderful recurring character and will be missed.

44. William Jackson says:

Gibbs recently helped his father rebuild the store destroyed by the drug lord. How is this character going to emotionally handle inheriting this connection to his hometown?

45. lame says:

Cote de Pablo quit, she wasn’t fired or forced to leave because of failed contract negotiations. It was her choice, that being said, she left a huge hole that has yet to be filled. The writers haven’t figured out how Tony’s supposed to behave without his major foil and unrequited love interest. Tony of all character is lost, floating aimlessly through episode after episode. Gibbs, is also missing something, not a noticeable as Tony but something’s not right. How long it’ll take the writers to right the ship is the million dollar question. Maybe it’s that magic spark when all the actors click, but it surely hasn’t happend yet.

46. Stacy says:

RIP Ralph Waite. You will be missed. I loved you on NCIS and on Bones.

That said to all those that get ticked off with Ziva/ Cote’s name being mentioned… Why so angry? I can’t say for certain but those that mentioned her likely were not trying to be disrespectful to RW’s memory. My heart broke when I learned he passed. He was an amazing actor and Cote/Ziva appearing in the same episode when they honor him will not take away from his memory or importance as Jackson Gibbs. Will it be nice to see her or hear her name mentioned (she could leave a message or send a note to Gibbs)? Yes. I am and always will be a Cote and Ziva fan. Am I ticked that she left, yes but I’ve moved on. People deal differently with a death or any type of loss of a character whether the actor/actress is alive or not.

And realize mentioning another character is not intentionally done to disrespect that one who has past.

• Julie Merritt says:

Ditto. And also some need to realize that Actors choose to leave. I to like Cote/Ziva and have moved on. Some of the fans need to remember this is a show and sit back and enjoy.

• techgirl says:

Mr. Waite added to the story line by providing realism to the part of Gibbs. He added layers to the background of Agent Gibbs. Why not honor Mr. Waite and his wonderful character development of the father of Agent Gibbs. Let Agent Ziva be agent Ziva and if the writers decide to write her back into the script….so be it. Relax! Let Ralph Waite’s tribute be entirely about him….and not be overshadowed by Agent Ziva.

47. Ray S. says:

There are so many awesome and great comments and praises to the memory of Ralph Waite. I remember every episode of the Waltons and how he ( and the cast) brought such wholesome family values to the world. I was delighted to see Mr. Waite added to my favorite show NCIS as Gibbs father. He was truly a brilliant actor and will be greatly missed!:’( So many ”Greats” are passing and is hard to see them go. I liked the idea someone wrote having Gibbs putting one of his woodworking projects in the coffin. Rest in peace Mr. Waite. ” Thanks for the memories”!! Semper Fi!! Ray S.

48. Paul Nickens says:

Gentlemen;
    We feel NCIS has a brilliant cast who meld together.However, we feel NCIS Los Angeles do not have the cast who seem to go together. There is a lack of charisma between the characters.
    Paul

• Julie Merritt says:

Paul that is where you are wrong. The majority of fans feel that NCIS LA as well as NCIS has the cast that goes together. We are not talking about that, this is paying tribute to Ralph Waite.

49. Chanel bags says:

Love it hope to do more business with

50. From France says:

Adepte de NCIS, je viens de voir le dernière épisode de la S11, je suis sur que le public français sera très peiner de la disparition du “papa” de Gibbs.