Exclusive: NCIS Eyeing a Season-Ending Send- Off for the Late Ralph Waite's Jackson Gibbs

Get More: Finales, In Memoriam, News

NCIS Ralph Waite DeadCBS’ NCIS will acknowledge the passing of TV vet Ralph Waite, who recurred as Gibbs’ father Jackson, before Season 11 comes to an end, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | NCIS to Introduce Gibbs’ Second Ex-Wife During Season 12

“[Showrunner] Gary Glasberg and the writers are working on something special to address the passing of Ralph Waite in the season finale,” says a CBS spokesperson, “to honor both the memory of Ralph, as well as the character of Jackson Gibbs.”

Waite, who passed away earlier this month, had made a total of seven on-camera appearances on TV’s most watched drama, starting with the Season 6 episode “Heartland” and most recently in this past November’s “Better Angels.”

The beloved actor’s long TV resume also includes, most famously, The Waltons, as well as Murder One, Carnivàle, the miniseries Roots and recurring appearances on Fox’s Bones and NBC’s Days of Our Lives.

RELATED | NCIS: New Orleans Casts Scott Bakula, CCH Pounder, JAG Alum and Film Actor Lucas Black

NCIS resumes its season Tuesday at 8.7c.

Tags: , ,

Comments (135)

• Excellent

Comment by haukmoor – February 24, 2014 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Bones does something also

Comment by WW – February 24, 2014 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I too hope Bones does some type of salute to Ralph Waite. Truly guys, you must.

Comment by Deborah – February 24, 2014 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • great news! looking forward to it!

Comment by SandraM – February 24, 2014 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad to hear that they’ll be addressing “Jackson’s” passing at season’s end and that they’re not rushing into it before then.

Comment by Joni – February 24, 2014 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ralph Waite was a brilliant actor, loved it when he appeared as Gibbs father, will miss seeing him on TV, R.I.P Ralph xx

Comment by Irenehadden – February 24, 2014 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RIP Ralph Waite. We hope their special working does not include only Ralph Waite, but also the Introduction of Gibbs ex-wife (maybe mysterious redhead from early seasons) AND OF COURSE superbly, amazing comeback of Cote de Pablo.

Comment by doubleD – February 24, 2014 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She is not coming back. Time to move on like Gibbs said

Comment by Ange – February 24, 2014 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nice of you to hijack an article regarding the passing to push your own agenda regarding CDP. Build a bridge already.

Comment by djmichealsfics – February 24, 2014 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why would would you do that that is so sick to use the passing of a great actor as the Father of Gibbs to want ziva back. I just cant phathum doing something like that it should be all about ralph (Gibbs Sr) and Gibbs not something to have an actress who doesn’t want to be there come back . Just stupod. Get over it

Comment by PJ – February 24, 2014 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • PJ I agree

Comment by Julie Merritt – April 5, 2014 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh for crying out loud, this ziva crap needs to stop, especially on an article about marking the death of a cast member, that is so crass and inconsiderate.

Comment by Alan – February 24, 2014 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Couldn’t agree more. PJ and all those others, please show some respect for the passing of a great actor Ralph Waite. I grew up with him on TV. He will be missed.

Comment by Linda Kearns – February 24, 2014 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I dont agree at all. No one knows what Cote is thinking, now… past or present. I for one would love for Ziva to return for Gibbs with his father passing. Ziva seemed very lost when she left… but i think she always had a special place in her heart for Gibbs’ dad (and him). She should come back, even for the briefest of times, for this. Ziva is a part of the team.., and nothing will ever change that.

And #%#% for us wanting to talk about Ziva or Cote. We all love NCIS, Ralph, and we’re ALL sad. All knowing judges really tick me off.

Enjoy your day. :)

Comment by Dan – February 25, 2014 05:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • No one is judging, it is however time to stop focusing and being obsessed on Ziva. The season Finale is a Tribute to a good actor. I to remember and will always remember Ralph as John Walton. I grew up watching him.

Comment by Julie Merritt – February 25, 2014 05:37 AM PDT
          • Stop the Ziva crap. This is a tribute to Ralph Ziva is gone it is time to move on.

Comment by Julie Merritt – April 5, 2014 06:59 AM PDT
          • Absolutely Dan!!! I completely agree with you! FFS is it really so bad that people miss her? And it is a relevant topic considering Jackson loved Ziver. It would be awesome to see her just for one part of an episode. I miss her and wish there was some agreement they could come to to bring her back. But yes she will always be a part of the Gibbs team. Ralph’s passing devastated a lot of people. He’s been around for a long long time. And it makes me happy that NCIS will honor not just him but most of the work that he’s done throughout the years.

Comment by Jen – April 10, 2014 08:24 PM PDT
          • Only if her presence did not take away from the main point, the tribute to Jackson Gibbs.

Comment by Julie Merritt – April 10, 2014 09:39 PM PDT
    • Having Cote make her return to the show for Jackson Gibbs’ death would make all the talk about Ziva/Cote and Mr Waite/Jack would become unimportant to the story.

Comment by NoChance – February 25, 2014 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No because with the fans refusing to realize that the actress wanted to leave would take away the tribute to Ralph Waite. This is solely a tribute to Ralph Waite.

Comment by Julie Merritt – April 5, 2014 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think the convertible lady is married to Don Bellisario so I don’t think she’ll be back at all.

Comment by NoChance – February 25, 2014 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Gibbs wife is dead. The episode is a tribute to Ralph Waite/jackson Gibbs.

Comment by Julie Merritt – February 25, 2014 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can we mark this moronic post as abuse and have it deleted! This is inexcusable!

Comment by Stephanie Kellerman – March 20, 2014 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with you. This is a tribute to Ralph Waite.

Comment by Julie Merritt – March 20, 2014 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • DoubleD get over the obsession of Cote/Ziva. CBS, the cast have tried to tell everyone she left because she wanted to. She isn’t the star of the show, they all are. This is being disrespectful to Ralph Waite. This is a tribute to him.

Comment by Julie Merritt – March 20, 2014 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope they do a show where Gibbs offers the store to L.J. or too the ex-marine that everybody thought was dead from his home town and Gibbs either takes the rife and makes a wooden display case for it or he puts in the coffin with dad, and Ziva comes back for the services.

Comment by Niels Anderson – April 15, 2014 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with the first part, but if Ziva came back with Ziva fans not facing that the actress left. It would take the focus off the tribute to Jackson. It is not about Ziva, it is about Gibbs and his father. Yes I hope Cote will decide to return, but not for the tribute.

Comment by Julie Merritt – April 15, 2014 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree very strongly agree with L.J. Being offered the store and a wooden case (manufactured in Gibb’s basement) for the rifle. This is tribute to Gibb’s father.

Comment by William Jackson – April 15, 2014 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yes it will be.

Comment by Julie Merritt – April 15, 2014 10:27 PM PDT
  • Good to hear NCIS will pay tribute to Jackson Gibbs. Ralph Waite was such a wonderful actor, from The Waltons, to Bones, to NCIS. I’m going to miss seeing Jackson Gibbs on NCIS.

Comment by Marla – February 24, 2014 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so happy to know they will do something beyond an acknowledgment in the credits. Ralph Waite had an exceptional life, and he touched so many people. As John Walton, he was the father figure in my life growing up because I had no father. I know NCIS will do a great job honoring him.

Comment by Darlene – February 24, 2014 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Very nice sentiment. I’m not of the same generation as fans of The Waltons, but the NCIS episode “Better Angels” touched me so much because my dad and grandfather had much the same relationship as Gibbs and Jackson (and both have military background. We learned more about my grandfather’s missions after he passed because he never wanted to talk about what he saw during action in WWII. I didn’t know until recently that he received a bronze star and several purple hearts). I think NCIS will offer a very fitting tribute for Mr. Waite, and that they’re going to miss his presence. He was fantastic on the show.

Comment by Stephanie – February 24, 2014 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • very good post from you……my dad, granddad and great grand were military, so is husband. I am glad you learned about the man, ……..those missions and medals were part of who he was, whether you knew it then or not. Glad you know it now. Kinda of makes it part of who you are now doesn’t it? That is a lot of what this show is about.

Comment by noname – March 13, 2014 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They were all heroes and should be honored, also it is good they are honoring Ralph Waite. He was a good actor. I to had relatives who served in WW2 However they did not talk much about their missions, they were just happy to get home. They would say they had a job to do and did it.

Comment by Julie Merritt – March 13, 2014 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Noname I do not know where you were, but you were around in the 80′s and 90′s that is when The Waltons were on and the majority of viewers watched. if you had you would have known, it was a family oriented show and you can watch reruns on HallMark channel. Yes that is what this show is about Medals and missions, but it is about also the human side and this is a tribute to a good actor who was a child during the dark days of WW2.

Comment by Julie Merritt – March 14, 2014 04:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let’s see if they bring back Billy Dee Williams as his best friend. They should also bring o some of his Waltons castmates while they’re at it, They could say they’re cousins/family members.

Comment by Bob Smith – February 24, 2014 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice to hear the show isn’t going to let his passing sit & wait as long as they did with Ducky’s mom. Billy Dee NEEDS to be back as the best friend/namesake, as well. He’s more important to be there than anyone else some fans might think needs to be there.

Wonder if that means the final arc is no longer going to focus on Tony, as was originally hinted.

Comment by as524 – February 24, 2014 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • most likely the arc will still focus on tony with gibbs getting a phone call from a hospital at some stage during the episode to give him the bad news, i can see the funeral for the character being the opening of season 12.

Comment by Alan – February 24, 2014 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It may be difficult to have Billy Dee Williams appear – he is a competitor on this season’s Dancing With The Stars…

Comment by sqrddancr – March 6, 2014 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s lovely they are thinking of him after he sadly passed away. I hope his friend Jethro will be appearing (The guy who Gibbs was named after). Rest in peace dear Ralph…

Comment by Sue Holland – February 24, 2014 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good night Pa!!! we love you.

Comment by Sandra Perkins – February 24, 2014 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope they leave out the new character on that episode she has no place in this send off , in fact she has no place on N.C.I.S. , she is like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole , maybe send her to New Orleans and bring in a person like the Old Army Officer or the Coast Guard character. we need someone who can keep this team in sharp working order when Gibb has to be out of the Office.
    . I mean leaving the Office in Tony’s hands is like leaving it in a moron’s hands . Tony has his bumbling wasteful place but will never ever by a team leader. He tried it once and failed . Also glad McGee did not take a new team but for different reason, he and Abby are so crucial to having Gibbs’ back on finding the criminals . Really Tony is to much like Tony Sr.

Comment by Bessie Relvas – February 24, 2014 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nice Highjacking this page for this stupid agenda. Whats wrong with you people

Comment by PJ – February 24, 2014 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh good god just go away please.

Comment by Alan – February 24, 2014 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow, you’re a REALLY sick person.. Pushing your agenda on an article about the death of a beloved cast member and the honoring of him and his character. Some people just need to learn how to give respect.

Comment by 'A' is Alive – February 24, 2014 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hey, Bessie, have you met Lucie up above? You two twits are peas in a pod–disgusting with no respect for the passing of a great actor. Two words for you, common decency–tow more, SHUT UP!!

Comment by Em Cooper – February 24, 2014 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • its a tv show this is not real life . a man passing is real life not a tv episode get a grip on reality

Comment by rob – February 24, 2014 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really, another crass and disrespectful post are you lucie as well?

Comment by yes, she's gone – February 25, 2014 03:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lets stop being disrespectful of all of the characters/cast. They are good actors.

Comment by Julie Merritt – February 25, 2014 05:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad they will do something, having Gibbs show some kind if grief will be good like it showed him getting back into his fathers life. Bring back Billy Dee would be good too.

Comment by Kathy – February 24, 2014 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • MH is so underrated and this should be so great material for him.

Comment by BJ – February 24, 2014 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so glad NCIS will do this in this season. I can’t wait to see what Mark especially will bring to the episode. Would love to see Billy Dee Williams back as well.

Comment by BJ – February 24, 2014 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was extremely disappointed with this last weeks show that they didn’t even have an acknowledgment of any kind. I think he needs to be written out of the show in a respectful manner, they wrote Mike Franks out and Gibbs even carved part of the casket. Jackson Gibbs was part of the family and should be laid to rest as a member should be.

Comment by Carol Dukes – February 24, 2014 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • last weeks episode was a rerun, this week is the first new episode since his death, this is when they would include a dedication or tribute to him.

Comment by Alan – February 24, 2014 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The acknoledgement will most likely happen this week (Time constraints) + last week’s ep was a rerun. I’m sure NCIS will give a proper sendoff to Jackson Gibbs. As far as CdP goes, well, it’s history… I liked Ziva, but it’s time to move on.

Comment by Gilles Thibault – February 25, 2014 02:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree I to like Ziva. Characters come and go. It is time to move on. I am glad that NCIS will pay tribute to Ralph Waite.

Comment by Julie Merritt – February 25, 2014 05:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just hope they don’t include his death in the introduction of a new big bad, the last thing we need is Gibbs looking for more revenge and I also hope it doesn’t scuttle any idea of a Tony season finale.

Comment by BMF – February 24, 2014 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad that NCIS will honor Ralph Waite’s passing in the season finale and then maybe carry it into next season too.Maybe Gibbs finds out that his father died at the beginning ofd the season finale and throughout the episode he grieves as he solves a case.

Comment by Andrew Hass – February 24, 2014 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so glad they’re planning an episode for this. Mr. Waite was, by all accounts, a class act and deserves to have his character have a good send off. I imagine Mr. Waite’s passing is hard on the rest of the cast and crew and this could be cathartic for them all. The show will, I’m certain, honor their lost colleague with their best work.

Thank you, Mr. Waite. You will be missed.

Comment by tejasjulia – February 24, 2014 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad to hear that Mr. Waite will be recognized and remembered. He was the perfect actor in my opinion to play Jackson Gibbs and will be a great honor for the cast, crew & the watching public. Can’t help but feel so sad for Gibbs character.First he lost his family (Kelly & Shannon), then Jenny, Mike Franks and now his dad

Comment by Sylvia Hatcher – February 24, 2014 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know that NCIS will give Ralph Waite, a fitting tribute. Also, I am pretty sure that Bones will be doing the same to honor this man, How wonderful for two prime time shows, to have had the gracious presence of Ralph Waite, acting as a Father (NCIS) and a Grandfather (Bones). I will truly miss these two characters that he has played.

Comment by Pat – February 24, 2014 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m looking forward to the tribute to his passing. Have loved his work since “The Waltons”. As others have said I’m sure “Bones” will also do something fitting and have Bones help Booth cope with the passing just as the team will help Gibbs. I like to think that in an alternate universe Gibbs is Booth’s uncle.

Comment by mkw – February 24, 2014 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve enjoyed Mr. Waite’s acting in so many shows and he has always been a great versatile actor in whatever he did. I was so shocked at his passing and know the writers of NCIS (and possibly Bones) will grant him the respect and dignity, he so richly deserved. I will miss his acting very much. R.I.P. Mr. Waite.

Comment by Em Cooper – February 24, 2014 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not sure it’s a good idea to do that so early. While a “in memory of” black screen in the credits won’t be a problem, I think it’s unlikely they will alter the scripts of future episodes in a major way while they could have a specific episode that deals with this theme (think Gibbs returning at his hometown and organizing the funeral + returning guest stars) at the beginning of next season instead of a few lines thrown in In the middle of a different plot. Of course I can be wrong and they may manage to do something satisfying. We’ll see.

Comment by Hannah – February 24, 2014 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If I read this right you can’t take off NICS we love it in my house! there not much will watch on tv now you have taken off that I would watch now what?

Comment by LaDanea – February 24, 2014 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They are not taking NCIS of the air. They w are discussing a tribute for the actor Ralph Waite. He was an accomplished actor spanning many decades and generations. He passed away earlier this month and is missed by many. He played Mr. Walton(father) on the TV show The Walton, Pops (Booth’s grandfather) and Jackson Gibbs (Gibbs’s father) on NCIS.

Comment by rumbleinthekitchen – February 24, 2014 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Every time an actor that guest starred on a show passes they have to stop production indefinitely, it’s the law! That’s exactly what is happening this season with The Simpsons.

Comment by Julie Merritt – February 26, 2014 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ladanea you did not read it right. They are going to do a tribute to Ralph Waite who portrayed Jackson Gibbs.

Comment by Julie Merritt – February 24, 2014 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad they are paying tribute to Jackson Gibbs.

Comment by Julie Merritt – February 24, 2014 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why kill tony off if they did that the show would be over. I grew up with the waltons rip Ralph Waite.

Comment by Shane – February 25, 2014 02:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad to hear they will be doing a tribute to Mr. Waite, he will be missed as Jackson Gibbs, we are lucky to have him on dvd to be able to watch him even after he has passed. Good night Mr. Waite, rest in peace.

Comment by yes, she's gone – February 25, 2014 03:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes Ralph rest in peace.

Comment by Julie Merritt – February 25, 2014 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nothing wrong with Ziva coming back for last episode to pay respects to Gibb’s and his father.

Comment by dee – February 25, 2014 04:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • True. You never know, however remember she is in Chili filmint the feature film 33 about the rescue of The 33 Chilean Miners.

Comment by Julie Merritt – February 25, 2014 05:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually, they’re done with filming The 33. They finished the principal stuff last week and the actors have all moved onto other stuff now.

Comment by zoyarose – February 25, 2014 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Good. If Cote isn’t doing another movie maybe she will be on to say goodbye to Jackson Gibbs.

Comment by Julie Merritt – February 25, 2014 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was so sad when I heard about Ralph Waite’s departure.
    We’ve lost an amzingly talented actors and a really good man.

RIP, Mr. Waite. We’ll miss you so much and thanks for all you’ve given us.

Comment by mimi – February 25, 2014 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come on, guys, having Ziva in the episode would take every bit of the focus off Ralph and put every bit of the focus on Tony, Ziva and Cote. That would be so disrespectful to Ralph’s memory. NCIS should keep the focus of this episode on Ralph, Jackson, and what Ralph brought to the show.

Comment by BJ – February 25, 2014 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not really… i think youre putting too much thought into this. Mr. Gibbs was kind to Ziva and the honorable thing to do is to come to his funeral. Thats what Ziva would say. Theres nothing else about it. :)

Comment by Dan – February 25, 2014 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Seeing the way some of the fandom reacts to everything Ziva and/or Cote I beg to differ. Look at some of the posts here to see some of the reactions.

Comment by BJ – February 25, 2014 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Who cares what some of the fandom says. Jackson Gibbs was kind to Ziva as he was the others. This is a tribute to Jackson Gibbs.

Comment by Julie Merritt – February 25, 2014 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • If Abby or Tim or Tony were able to contact her I’m guessing she’ll send a card or an email to send her condolences to Gibbs. Maybe we’ll find out she’s moved to South America to help her old friend in her charity work.

Comment by NoChance – February 25, 2014 10:57 AM PDT
          • Exactly my point. This is a tribute to Ralph and Jackson. It shouldn’t be taken over (media or fandom wise) with the return of Ziva, or Senior, or Dr. Kate’s Sister, or Penny, or any other marquee character or name guest star (except Billy Dee Williams, who would very much work).

Comment by BJ – February 25, 2014 01:40 PM PDT
          • BJ You are right

Comment by Julie Merritt – February 25, 2014 09:20 PM PDT
      • Dan I agree with you

Comment by Julie Merritt – February 25, 2014 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I completely agree.

Comment by JC – February 25, 2014 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lucy the person impersonating you is vile. Hope Matt can help stop that.

Comment by Julie Merritt – February 25, 2014 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Last week usa network had a Ralph Waite marathon & i watched all the shows. He will be deeply missed. I for one would like to see Ziva come back for the finale or even just a phone call. Bishop, in a way, should no be on the last show. She did not know Jackson Gibbs. Ziva did.

Comment by cherry – February 25, 2014 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But she knows Gibbs and she’d be there to support him. I’ve attended funerals for people I didn’t know because I knew their sons, daughters, parents or friends. I can’t see any reason for Emily not to be in the episode or for Ellie Bishop not to pay her respects to Gibbs dad.

Comment by Joni – February 25, 2014 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes Cherry he will be missed. I also watchedThe Marathon tribute to Ralph on USA

Comment by Julie Merritt – February 25, 2014 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wish I had seen that – you are so lucky. Loved him.

Comment by carolgrover – March 5, 2014 10:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The storyline should be focused on Gibbs and the relationship he had with his Dad and how it will change him now that he is gone. Sure, the rest of the team will be there as support for Gibbs since they are all important to him. But Ziva? She is gone. Time to move on.

Comment by Dot – February 26, 2014 03:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dotyou are so right.

Comment by Julie Merritt – February 26, 2014 05:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So true

Comment by Julie Merritt – February 26, 2014 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Time to move forward.

Comment by Julie Merritt – February 26, 2014 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please do not let Bishop be in the tribute to Jackson Gibbs. Have her be away on temporary duty back at NSA. She doesn’t belong.

Comment by janna – February 26, 2014 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Janna you are wrong. Bishop does belong.

Comment by Julie Merritt – February 26, 2014 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sure the writers of the show are more than capable of deciding how to handle the demise of one of the better character actors in the business without us. However, this would be a great time to settle this debate once and for all by simply having a double funeral. But, then, fans who can’t accept that someone wanted to “move on” would still want them to “come back from the dead.” Probably to kill of the other character in the debate.

Comment by Greg – February 26, 2014 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Greg you are right. That is sad

Comment by Julie Merritt – February 26, 2014 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry but pushing your point of view on this blog dedicated to Ralph Waite is just as dishonourable as Lucy and Bessie et al.

Comment by carolgrover – March 5, 2014 10:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Amen to that

Comment by Julie Merritt – March 6, 2014 04:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Greg in other episodes that would have been good. But in this case it is not appropriate. This is a tribute to Ralph Waite. They have done funerals for the others. And sadly the fans who can’t accept the fact that cast members want to move on is sad.

Comment by Julie Merritt – March 6, 2014 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so glad they are going to honor Ralph Waite’s character “Jackson Gibbs” on NCIS.
    He was such a wonderful actor and man.

What would also be nice is to introduce some old friends of Gibbs’. I always wondered what Gibbs, Chuck Winslow and Ed were fighting over in the first episode where we first met “Jackson Gibbs”. Maybe Chuck had a sister and she and Gibbs were best friends and they didn’t want Gibbs to see her. Maybe she was wife #2 and she & Gibbs are still best friends.

Just one more thing…I STILL MISS ZIVA! The show is not the same without her. I would love to see her come back any time.

Comment by Hope19 – March 2, 2014 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hope I amen that. That would be great.

Comment by Julie Merritt – March 3, 2014 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so so so sorry for your alls loss. Many thoughts and prayers to the Mr. Wait’s family and Friends. It would be nice if Gibbs would be making something nice to give to his dad and bury with him. They both liked working with wood so have something they both worked on but unfinished so that Gibbs could Finnish it.. or put it in the casket and they both finish when they get to heaven. I just really hope you bring ziva back for it cause he loved her and Abby….. thank you for reading this!

You all are amazing wrighters and the actors are just As amazing as well! SEMPER FI !!!!

Tom F.
    Morristown, Tn

Comment by tom f. – March 3, 2014 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tom you are right. I also hope they have Billy Dee Williams back on as Jackson’s friend to be with Gibbs.

Comment by Julie Merritt – March 3, 2014 04:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kind of sad that the UK won’t see what is hopefully going to be a worthy tribute for likely more than a year, we only just started S10.

Comment by Angela – March 9, 2014 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • fox in the uk is already up to the episode that introduced bishop from season 11.

Comment by Alan – March 9, 2014 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t have access to that, I have C5, and the vain hope the DVDs will come out faster. :(

Comment by Angela – March 9, 2014 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wished that my father was Mr. Gibbs Sr. they come no better…Rest in Peace Ralph Waite and I will truly miss you.

Comment by Reena Buchanan – March 11, 2014 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is how I feel also. Ralph rest in peace

Comment by Julie Merritt – March 11, 2014 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely glad to hear this! He was GREAT as Gibbs’ father and will be definitely missed! Will watch that show for sure.

Comment by Dianne Bolognani – March 13, 2014 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. he was a good actor

Comment by Julie Merritt – March 13, 2014 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mr. Waite, along with his character of Jackson Gibbs both deserve to be treated with dignity. In my opinion, they should not have the death of this character have anything to do with a murder or a case. Let the man pass with the hand of nature. I know it sounds kind of crass but, this would be a perfect opportunity for them to be able to show so much more of Jethros human, loving side.

Comment by gary – March 14, 2014 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Gary I totally agree with you on that.

Comment by Julie Merritt – March 14, 2014 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree let his memory pass in peace

Comment by TERESA – March 14, 2014 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Amen to that

Comment by Julie Merritt – March 14, 2014 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • will Ziva ever be back on NCIS

Comment by TERESA – March 14, 2014 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Teresa only if she wants to.

Comment by Julie Merritt – March 14, 2014 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If she wants to. But this is not about Ziva. This is about a tribute to Ralph Waite. With or without Ziva the show is good.

Comment by Julie Merritt – March 14, 2014 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so happy to hear this. Ralph Waite was a wonderful recurring character and will be missed.

Comment by Toni B. – March 18, 2014 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes he will be missed a lot

Comment by Julie Merritt – March 18, 2014 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gibbs recently helped his father rebuild the store destroyed by the drug lord. How is this character going to emotionally handle inheriting this connection to his hometown?

Comment by William Jackson – March 21, 2014 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We will have to watch and see. Gibbs is strong, he might handle it.

Comment by Julie Merritt – March 21, 2014 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cote de Pablo quit, she wasn’t fired or forced to leave because of failed contract negotiations. It was her choice, that being said, she left a huge hole that has yet to be filled. The writers haven’t figured out how Tony’s supposed to behave without his major foil and unrequited love interest. Tony of all character is lost, floating aimlessly through episode after episode. Gibbs, is also missing something, not a noticeable as Tony but something’s not right. How long it’ll take the writers to right the ship is the million dollar question. Maybe it’s that magic spark when all the actors click, but it surely hasn’t happend yet.

Comment by lame – March 31, 2014 12:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are wrong all the characters have clicked, Tony isn’t lost and Gibbs isn’t missing anything.

Comment by Julie Merritt – March 31, 2014 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They need to bring in the one from Great Lakes that was ask to stay in N.O.,I think see woulf fill that gap

Comment by Niels Anderson – April 15, 2014 08:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RIP Ralph Waite. You will be missed. I loved you on NCIS and on Bones.

That said to all those that get ticked off with Ziva/ Cote’s name being mentioned… Why so angry? I can’t say for certain but those that mentioned her likely were not trying to be disrespectful to RW’s memory. My heart broke when I learned he passed. He was an amazing actor and Cote/Ziva appearing in the same episode when they honor him will not take away from his memory or importance as Jackson Gibbs. Will it be nice to see her or hear her name mentioned (she could leave a message or send a note to Gibbs)? Yes. I am and always will be a Cote and Ziva fan. Am I ticked that she left, yes but I’ve moved on. People deal differently with a death or any type of loss of a character whether the actor/actress is alive or not.

And realize mentioning another character is not intentionally done to disrespect that one who has past.

Comment by Stacy – April 4, 2014 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto. And also some need to realize that Actors choose to leave. I to like Cote/Ziva and have moved on. Some of the fans need to remember this is a show and sit back and enjoy.

Comment by Julie Merritt – April 4, 2014 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mr. Waite added to the story line by providing realism to the part of Gibbs. He added layers to the background of Agent Gibbs. Why not honor Mr. Waite and his wonderful character development of the father of Agent Gibbs. Let Agent Ziva be agent Ziva and if the writers decide to write her back into the script….so be it. Relax! Let Ralph Waite’s tribute be entirely about him….and not be overshadowed by Agent Ziva.

Comment by techgirl – April 4, 2014 11:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You are so right.

Comment by Julie Merritt – April 5, 2014 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have no idea who wrote that, but it wasn’t me. I assume it’s one of your friends posing as me.

Comment by LucyVanPelt (@LucyAppa) – February 25, 2014 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lucy I understand. Some people do that and they are wrong in doing that.

Comment by Julie Merritt – February 25, 2014 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post